All Comments on 'Chance Encounter Ch. 09'

by AutumnWriter

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Great

I enjoyed your story very much.

Boyd

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Cop out!

You gave us an ethical main character that handled unethical situations (i.e. the photos, his worker who sent the original drawings) justly, yet in the instance of the ethics committee there is no way he would sit idly by and let them rob him of his shares and take his job away through unethical means. The good guy doesn't always have to win, but some justice is usually metted in some form. Especially with evidence! It ruined the whole story! There is nothing worse than reading a good tale that ends like this.

cbank13cbank13over 17 years ago
But anonymous, on the other hand

On the other hand, with this near perfect happy-ending, and all the surrounding story lines that have been left dangling out there, the "chances of encountering" a sequel might be as high as the percent rating I give this novella. I thoroughly enjoyed the entire story. I too am a little dismayed by the incomplete results at the conclusion of the tale. But then again, the title of the whole thing, the "chance encounter" of the childhood friends Paul and Glenda was the thread that held the whole story together from beginning to happy ending for the two protagonists. Awesome story, end of sermon

DesertPirateDesertPirateover 17 years ago
Very good!

AW,

This is a fitting end of the story. I do wish something had come out publicly about the Greene-Richardson-Hopkins relationship. That was conflict of interest at least and abbetting a major fraud otherwise. I am always a sucker for happy endings so of course I liked the Paul/Glenda reunion, when the good guys at least semi-win it helps.

Thanks for a good story and I look forward to your next one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
I'm going to miss this story line

I've read the whole story line and am sad to see it end. couldn't we have several more with the outcomes of the others who were involved. Please?

duddle146duddle146over 17 years ago
A satisfying Ending!

One has to admire how this Writer tied up all the loose ends and brought this beautifully written story to its conclusion.

Each episode has been beautifully written; very logical, very precise. AutumnWriter gets my vote anytime. Uh, now, about the next one...!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
The

end(?) of a great story,but what happens to some of the loose ends?Surely Greene and Richardson should not be allowed to get away with it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
another chapter

I hope Paul and Glenda are happy i will be looking for chapter 10.

Pat M.

Atlanta,Ga.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
The full story is not told

AutumnWriter:

But it very seldom is. Was justice served? No, but it seldom is. To have a resonably happy ending is outside the norm, but thank you for making it so. Thank You. Ronnie W.

peggytwittypeggytwittyover 17 years ago
great bittersweet novel of life & one man’s honor

I am a romantic and this feeds that craving of mine. The honesty of the main character in mood and actions is refreshing. If it were not for that honesty I would have been forlorn in the outcome being almost sad.

The novel is complete as you left us with all the plot lines put to rest. I have to thank you for such detail and incredible work that is so obvious to even the casual reader.

This ending did leave me knowing an author who finished a story with love and serenity and a knowledge that the main characters were now in a their last and most enveloping love of their lives. Life is good!

BRAVO comes flowing from my mind as if to stand and applaud. I know some will feel melancholy as not in everyone’s mind was justice received like in a fairytale.

I have so much respect for this enticing piece of work and the entertainment it gave me.

Accolades could go on and on so I will just say simply; thank you!

Peggytwitty

PEATBOGPEATBOGover 17 years ago
You lost me!!!!

AutumnWriter, you finally lost me! Your, oh so ethical main character ended up sacrificing the wellbeing of his company to unethical actions of certain members of the ethics committee. There is simply no way that such an ethical man could sit idly by and let such people take control and eventually ruin the company. In my opinion Paul has deserted the ship and left his loyal crew members to go down with it. Is this the act of an ethical man? However, having said that, I suspect that we will be hearing more from Paul and ‘friends’ so I withhold final judgement. AutumnWriter, you are a skilled writer and can spin a yarn with the best, so 100% for giving us a great deal of enjoyment, past and future! Pete.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Puzzling & Disheartening - Your Conclusion That Is

This was a story of reasonable consequence for spiteful and malicious wrongdoings.

If so why Author, did you pile it on then ignore the last and possibly worst wrongdoing????

You write a lengthy credible story only to discredit it and yourself in the last page. That was goofy and a wrongdoing in itself. All that effort and my time, then you shoot yourself in the foot. Stupid!

I'm disappointed as are many.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
A fitting ending

At long last ... someone who is unafraid to show that, as in real live, bastards do get away with things ... but that love, for some, is enough ...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Excellent

At first I was disappointed with the ending but then I got to thinking and realized that real life is not always like a Hollywood movie. In that respect, the story is more realistic than many I have read. My heartfelt congratulations to the author.

To those readers that felt that Paul should have done more, I can only ask, "What could he have done?".

bruce22bruce22about 16 years ago
Very true to Life

Thanks for your hard work and brilhant prose.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Close but not quite....

I do love your work, some of them, are among my favorites of all time. This is such a well crafted story, but your ending fell flat. Your protagonist was a man of honor on many levels, yet even a man of honor does not sacrifice others. By not going after the ethics committee, he failed those whom he worked with. Honor does not preclude attacking those who attack, though it might dictate how. I felt you took the easy way out, and it just did not work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
he got 'em in the mail

He could have claimed to receive the pictures anonymously in the mail. I had to do that once. It works admirably, as it leaves you with plausible deniabilty. Then they shouldn't have been able to fire him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Great Story!

A great human story - I actually skipped the smut bits because I wanted to see what happened next. I was surprised he never told his friends that Richardson and Greene were shagging. I was also surprised by the suicide pact - it didnt seem either Hopkins or Judson were the type who cared about another person (in this case each other) to commit suicide for them. Other than those two bits, it was a good and plausible ending.

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
WHEN ONE TRIES TO FUMIGATE THE MOLES

the rats are given a free ride, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Hrmmmm

Greene and Richardson's sexual relationship put them in violation of the ethics committee they share........no, no, not right....ntl 5 *

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
great story

This story is just marvellous. Nothing more to add.

Bra46Bra46over 3 years ago
Watch out Tom Clancy!

This story had more twist and turns than a old country road. It was a masterpiece! You are wasting your time in this lane of writing. You should write a commercial oriented novel. If you do, I’ll be the first in line to buy it!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous