Chinese Piano Accordion-Good or Bad

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Warranty? What warranty?"

None of the Chinese accordions I've seen for sale, including the Parrot, the Excalibur, and the Black Diamond advertise a warranty written and/or expressed. Buyer beware. Yet, when asked, the Parrot and the Black Diamond offer a standard one year warranty, but with Black Diamond in Ireland and Parrot in China, good luck getting your accordion repaired should you have a warranty problem. Still with nothing in writing, for all intents and purposes, there are no warranties expressed, written, and/or implied with any of these accordions and even if there were, where do you go to have them repaired? China?

The Excalibur offers a 2 year warranty on parts and a 1 year warranty on labor but you'd have to ship your at accordion at your cost back to the dealer in Wisconsin for them to repair your box, unless you found a local shop that they agreed to work with in advance. So now what? Do you take the risk and buy the 50 to 60-year-old Italian accordion or do you take a chance and buy the brand, new Chinese accordion. It's your call. If it was me, unless I could afford to buy a fairly new $3,000 Italian accordion, I'd go for the new, Chinese accordion.

With the economy still so bad and no one having any extra money, especially enough to afford a new, Italian accordion, it won't be long, I give it ten years, before the Chinese completely take over the new accordion market. It won't be long, I give it a few more or several more decades, say in 2048 or 2084, before all Americans will be dressed in little, grey suits while playing Chinese accordions. Just like the vision that George Orwell had when he wrote 1984 in 1948, we are all doomed to bow and deliver not to the United States but to the Chinese while playing the Chinese national anthem, March of the Volunteers, on our Chinese accordions. Best we all learn Chinese and how to play the accordion because one day soon, we'll all be saluting to a different flag and bowing down to a different master.

"I think I'm learning Chinese. I think I'm learning Chinese. I really think so."

I can just imagine a good ol' boy from Alabama or Georgia ruining the language while speaking in Chinese with a southern accent when on the phone trying to order a Bushmaster gun from China.

"Thirty days? What do you mean it will take thirty days for me to get my Bushmaster gun? I want my gun today. Why can't I pick it up at Wal-Mart? What is it coming on a slow boat from China?"

"Shi," said the woman on the other end meaning yes.

His Bushmaster was indeed arriving on a slow boat from China. Shipping soon, after their month long holiday when all the factories are closed and all the workers go home by train to their far away provinces. It's better to order one here with a prominently displayed stamp that reads, made in China, than to wait for China to ship it.

Jie su (The End)

12