All Comments on 'Chocolate Kisses Ch. 09'

by calibeachgirl

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
BigJohn601BigJohn601about 13 years ago
Just as I thought I was getting a handle on the story, you....

I guess I will just have to wait for the next exciteing installment.......

2275jr2275jrabout 13 years ago
for giveness has given them back there love for each other.

at i can relatethis is a heart rendering story. one i can relate to.

of begging for fot gine ness and showing that he truely love her.

it wetten with so much feeling and a heart felt love, sas if you yourself where that person where she playing the part in a play, outstanding writing cxcellent story.thank you i feel like i was a player myself. brillent,

theognistheognisabout 13 years ago
*****

Sophia, this is a fine tapestry you are weaving. I cannot praise it enough.

Five stars, of course.

lucianloverlucianloverabout 13 years ago
Better!!!!

For a bad moment I thought you would have him going with Eliza!!!I had already promised myself to stop reading.LOL!

addictedto4inchesaddictedto4inchesover 12 years ago
thank god

the whole james and eliza thing was creepy.... yuck that he is attracted to both sister; but I guess life works that way sometimes. I was praying you didn't put them together so I could continue to read the story. I love it so far you are an excellent writter and yes this is definetly worth five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Love the story so far

Great story so far! Thank you for having Bethany's character wear her natural more kinky hair!! It is such a change up from so many other stories on the site that write the black female characters with hair that is 'naturally' straight, wavy, or in large curls - straightened with chemicals or a flatiron and sometimes re-done in looser curls. I have found that many white males actually like black females natural hair and would prefer we keep it that way instead of spending so much time and money brutalizing our hair and scalp with weaves, harsh chemicals, and excessive heat. Anyway, more than enough said on that. Thank you again.

I am sad to see that the stereotype of black males raping white women seems to be a part of your story. The facts are that this happened very seldom. It was more likely that a white women was raped by a white man than a black man. As a matter of fact, so were black women, but the law seldom - if ever - recognized unsolicited and unwanted white male on black females as rape or sexual assault.

theognistheognisover 12 years ago
Re: Anonymous comment

"I am sad to see that the stereotype of black males raping white women seems to be a part of your story. The facts are that this happened very seldom. It was more likely that a white women was raped by a white man than a black man. As a matter of fact, so were black women, but the law seldom - if ever - recognized unsolicited and unwanted white male on black females as rape or sexual assault."

The above comment complains about the rapists in this story being black, referring to a stereotype of black men being rapists of white women, then makes her own stereotype of white men being rapists of black women. I realize this story is set decades ago, when it may have been less likely for black men to rape white women than it is now, and may have been more likely for white men to rape black women than it is now, but to think it unbelievable that the rapists in the story could have been black is nonsensical.

The story is excellent, as is.

MadameblaqueMadameblaqueabout 12 years ago
Beautiful...

Great story!!! I'm glad that Bethany came to her senses. A man like James, even in 2012 is rare-- but in 1932, he'd definitely be unique. One would have expected him to hate Black people considering what happened, but he seems very forgiving and open minded in spite of that. Great story!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
reminds me of...

"I Will Love You Forever" by kalamazoo over in Interracial Love. The first part, not the second. Too bad its now gone forever.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usercalibeachgirl@calibeachgirl
491 Followers
My name is Sophia. I try to express my feeling about life in my writings. I appreciate all my readers, even those who are disappointed with something I've written and are courteous enough to tell me why. I appreciate everyone who uses what precious time we each have ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES