All Comments on 'CHOGM Pt. 05'

by Cromagnonman

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
bruce22bruce22about 11 years ago
Good Story

Fantasy with overtones of reality, you can apply the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle

to this sort of situation. As in horseshoes, close enough can be a winner.

teedeedubteedeedubabout 11 years ago
Brilliant

Great story. Makes you sit up and think......

Thanks..

gt_readergt_readerabout 10 years ago
Reminded me of a Ludlum story

Not perfect but it kept me on the edge of my seat.

fanfarefanfarealmost 10 years ago
"The dog that didn't bark in the night"

The problem with doing a coherent analysis of international relations and espionage and criminal activities is basically a problem of philosophical semantics I call "Peeling the Onion".

You take an onion in hand and start to peel it, layer by translucent layer. Until you have a great pile of a thousand identical sheets of onion skin. And nothing to find inside but repetition.

As you methodically proceed, each layer as you peel it off will make you cry.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
eastman stitch

if Eastman did not do it, then some of the evidence presented was false.

At this stage, it is much more important that be Eastman given a "pardon", or similar,

rather than run another trial.

Eastman's strategy of complaining bureaucratic decision was probably a modus operandi for some senior public service people. However in hindsight he was very foolish to involved the police in this. They do not have resources to handle minor problems. It is probably common parlance among workers in the public to talk about "corrupt decisions", but these would not be illegal decisions (although it is possible with enough money to take someone to court for "exercise of discretionary power in bad faith".

Unfortunately Eastman spoke at least once in 1988 about "corrupt police". For him this was probably shorthand for describing someone who not following Kafkaesque labyrynthine bureaucratic procedures.

Unfortunately his shorthand let him down badly, and there was a relentless attack on him. So he was an easy suspect for Winchester murder.

However he had nothing to do with the WInchester murder. That was a mob hit.

Richard Mullins

portal0001@lycos.com

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 9 years ago
Helluva story

And entirely too plausible -

We know our vaunted CIA and FBI have been - at occasionally - too enthusiastic in the pursuit of some of their personal wants and needs. To the exclusion of any reasonable of proper thinking. Please note I am not saying the extreme methods that have been used are never needed - but using them against even nominally friendly parties seems hardly justifiable.

We do - sometimes - need to fight fire with fire - but fighting a firecracker with a nuke is excessive.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Grand tale

loved the attraction between russell and jenny, the suspense and conspiracy just drew me in. Hated the murder of jennys father but it fit the story.

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
It was very a good story

It could have been a great story.

Every time they got in the Triumph expecting to be anonymous and safe I had to cringe. Supposedly smart people kept repeating the same mistake over and over and over. They suspected the phone lines were tapped but they kept calling to report in and tell where they were. They knew the police were bent but some how expected them to help?

Almost, but not quite.

LeFrog08LeFrog08over 3 years ago

Very plausible...since the US have been

overthrowing governments for decades

thru nefarious means.

Good read, a few inconsistencies, but

this was very interesting to read.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCromagnonman@Cromagnonman
I'm a pretty normal average male, chronologically well over 18 but psychologically I'm not so sure. I have been writing as a hobby for many years and now that I have time on my hands I am looking to become more professional at it. I enjoy reading, morning walks along the river...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

CHOGM Pt. 04 Previous Part
CHOGM Series Info

SIMILAR Stories