All Comments on 'Christmas Present'

by allforall

Sort by:
  • 61 Comments
Max ODriveMax ODriveover 18 years ago
Grrrrrrrrrrrrr...

After getting treated like that, I'd not be like some docile little poodle and take that shit lying down.

sacksackover 18 years ago
completely unique.....

nothing like this in the other contest entries...good luck!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Uhhh, what the hell...???

Reads like a demented I Love Lucy episode.

Kinda weird, but you could easily develop a cult following here. Do more...

thebulletthebulletover 18 years ago
Sorry

I men, does the man have a spine or does he just slither on the ground?

wetapapwetapapover 18 years ago
nice read

send us some more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Crazy

With a wife like that, a man doesn't need any enemies.

Boyd

GiraffemanGiraffemanover 18 years ago
Very moving

Very moving, and very well written....Need I say more!!!

fumunda cheezefumunda cheezeover 18 years ago
I'd

have taken the job at the liquor store kept in touch with my kids, and not had a god damned thing ever to do again with the vindictive, jump to conclusion sons a bitches that had not trusted me.

The poor schmuck didn't have much of a wife anyway with her parading around at a Xmas party in a slut costume and him having to beg her not to go home with some other man that was hitting on her. bHe didn't have much of a fucking job either if his fine father in law was ready to fire him without even asking for an explanation. Poor slob will be in troubleagain the next time his wife decides he is guilty before his trial. The whole family sounds like a bunch of fundamentalist Christian Republicans except at the end where he fucked her in the shower. The women won't fuck in the light..

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Weak, but well done.

Thank you for your effort.

The black out drunk wrongly accused of cheating and crucified by the spouse has been done many times.

The problems with your plot and story arc are the problems inherent in the jealous rage at a black out drunk.

Your story leaps to a death sentence on a first offense withour any recriminations against Helen. The inconsistent behavior of the family to the Helen and the spouse is too much.

I look forward to your next work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Please

Please. Can't someone write a story that doesn't depend on a blacked out drunken spouse as the focal point of the story. This one is worse than most. It doesn't even explain why wife thinks he fucked her sister. It goes from his drunken stupor to wife screaming at him. First vague explanation comes at end of story when sister arrives. the Ct. Yankee

saw_man1saw_man1over 18 years ago
Thanks for the effort

Some of the dialogue seems a little stilted. I would suggest that you print the story and read it out loud to yourself before you submit it. It is a habit of mine to do just that before I make a speech or presentation.

Risq_001Risq_001over 18 years ago
Ok.

Hmm, not sure where to take this one.

On one hand you have a husband that is really pretty desprate and would do anything to have a family. Not saying thats a bad thing, but this guy really doesn't have much pride or self respect. Pride/Self respect and an Ego can be good and they can be bad. But really I don't see much of either in the main character.

On the other hand you have a wife that can't wait to kick the husband out. Kicks him from his house, takes all the money, wished him dead for over 2 months, and says "I'm sorry" and he rushes back like nothing ever happened.

Uhhhmm ok, what's wrong with that picture?

Intresting story, I'll give you that, but it really needed some fleshing out. And the husband may have needed a spine or two implanted, but still was intresting given the season.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Thanks, I guess.

Your story reminds us all of just how fragile our lives really are. One careless action, or in this case, no action at all, can ruin everything.

I agree that hubby's rather casual forgiveness is bizarre, however.

I do think a better move on his part would be to find an employer who does not have 'in'law' after his name. Liquor stores pay very poorly, so maybe Wally World?

Anyway, thanks for the charming Christmas Classic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
What?

His wife strips down to a "veil over her breasts" and a thong, dances dirty all night long and then gets mad at hubby who's asleep in a side room? Did you start out to tell one story and get side-tracked into another, writer? The other comments tell it all. You have some ability to tell a story but you need lots and lots of polish and hard work.

don87654don87654over 18 years ago
A good ending

This story is but one outstanding example about how fucked up our society has become. So what if he fucked his sister-in-law? She is married, so how is that gonna hurt her? I don't think that God made us in such a way that we cannot fuck whomever wherever however we please. Our society's norms and morals are sick. It is too bad that God did not intervene in this family and cause some cancer or heart trouble to develop in punishment of them for being so sick in the head.

Aurora BlackAurora Blackover 18 years ago
A Man's Despair

I wouldn't have been nearly as forgiving as Jim was, but that's just me. Your story kept my attention from beginning to end, and good luck in the contest.

jaggers0053jaggers0053over 18 years ago
ok,but

the storyline was good but a big heap of reality in the end instead of that fairytale finish would have saved this story.

how could his wife not talk to her sister,of at least the father talk to sister? she's married to the guy yet isn't aware that he can't get it up when he's that drunk?

a good finish with with a more realistic reconciliation would have made this story worthwhile. but this gosh,wow,geewhizz,golly,pass the belgium waffles finsh messes up the story.

good luck with the next one,

don

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
My Oh My How I Love

a Christmas Fable that makes everyone happy but not drunk.

Look a simple mistake anyone could make and when 100 years from now this wonderful family epic is told there won't be a dry martini in the house as it will cause goosnusbumps around the bar - ah mean tree.

Cult sign-ups at Sachem.huh

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Where was Helen...

all this time Jim was kick out of the house? If he knew he could not perform why did he not track down Helen to get the truth? I can understand him coming back for the kids but once they were grown why would he stay with Mary? I guess next time he will put away some money in a separate account in case they throw him out again.

Jim is a very weak character.

SleeplessinMD

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Wimp

James musta been one hell of a wimp. Otherwise he woulda tracked the sister down or did something. Maybe if there is a part 2 where the next day he tells his wife and father-in-law that this was BS and there will be some changes. First the house in his name. Second all bank accounts in his name only. Third an agreement signed by his wife that if she divorces him for ANY reason that she gets nothing and that he gets the kids and she will pay child support. I understand forgiveness but fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
I agree with the zzzzzz

I don't understand why you'd bother writing something like that...

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
What a bunch of drivel

This has got to be one of the worst stories I've ever read. The grammar was horrible. The story flowed as if it were a stopped up toilet. It made no sense whatsoever. Please, do us a favor and delete this story and actually write something good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Um... what?

A con breaks parole to make nookie with his girl. Okay so far, but he does it at... a party packed full of people in a room with his brother in law? I can see why this moron got caught in the first place. Or is this just sloppy writing to set up the implausible plot twist?

Then, Helen makes no effort whatsoever to deflect the shitstorm of anger from her sister? Even if she didn't want to come clean about her man breaking parole, she would have come up with _something_!

And don't even get me started on the ending...

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
You've got a good

start here, you just need to expand upon the idea, add detail and then think about the ending a little more. Not too many men are just going to act like a whipped dog and slink away with their tails between their legs. Keep trying though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
I don't see

...how this guy could be any more spineless and brain-dead. Sheesh, even kiddie cartoons exhibit more complexity of character.

Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskinover 18 years ago
The joys of a Loving Wives entry :)

Hang in there, Allflorall. I've read a lot worse first stories here at Lit, mine for instance. Loving Wives tends to generate an above average number of brutal comments. Let 'em roll off your back and keep writing.

Rumple

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
I'm Hard, Enough as a Chisel, so I used it as one

and she's crying for joy!

WTH! i hope the next time she does it, she'd just get more of this hard as a chisel dick of yours, rather than some bullets to the head like some other silly living wive husbands!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

I'm so hard; I could use my cock for a chisel. I push it in and Mary is already wet. She's crying. I ask, "if I'm hurting you I will stop now."

"No, No, I'm crying for joy. You have forgiven me for what I did to you. You're so much more than I deserve. Now take me and take me. I so want to make up for all I have missed with you."

We do it standing in shower; we dry off and go in our bedroom. I'm hard again so we do one for the reindeer and another for Santa. This is a good Christmas after all.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
a new Low in moronic stupid authors

dude you suck as writer ... Its just that fucking simple.

wife dresses like a whore at party... sees he is passed out drunk throws him out he loses his job his reputation and access to his kids

then she comes back 2 months later -- during which time HE is living in a bottle.... and the wife says I am sorry let fuck...

and he says Ok...??? are that much of a of pussy wimp loser?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
I have zero tolerance for drunks

Drunks shouls all be executed. They abuse something that is legal. Alchol is the worst of all drugs..And I get a heavy fine for having a little pot on me..Kill all drunks.

jaggers0053jaggers0053almost 18 years ago
speaking of wet noodles..........

his dick may not get harder than a wet noodle when he's drunk but his backbone is nonexistant 24/7. this guy make wimps look good.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Drunk husband, a stupid wife, and an idiot family.

The only intelligent people in this story are the sister and her husband. Everyone else isnt worth wasting time on. Get the kids to a foster home as soon as possible and hope that environment takes precedence over inheritance.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
You forgot to mention the stupid writer of this

pigsty. Allfornone why don't you euthanize yourself. Then you won't take up space in the world for your stupidity

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
stupid

the wife his stupid and he should have taken the chance to get away from her. as to the kids, that is why there is visitation. and the minimal contact with the rest of the family.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Ok so the owner of the dollar store gets his son

in law back. The kids get their dad back. The wife stopped fucking all the guys at the party, finally realizes the husband is missing, finds him and thinks he fucked her sister and she throws him out. Tell me where in the crowd you find an IQ higher than 70 or anyone fit to have kids?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Story was ok overall

Sadly the ending didn't work for me or too many others. Don't feel too bad though, you simply fell into the same pit as a good many other LW authors. You dug the characters in too deep. She comes to her conclusion without any way for him to prove his innocence. He looses his job in her daddys company and his reputation is torn to shreds. He becomes a boozing drunk without a job. There's no easy way back to that. He may never be able to work in his old position ever again, and a promotion may not be feasible either due to the total destruction of his good name. There should be a degree of resentment on his side either. He had everything stripped away from him and had nothing and now he's back and they are having lovey dovey sex and he's saying "yes dear"? Sorry this strains the limit of the "suspension of disbelief" that you need for fiction to work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Wife loves to Dance and I can't dance worth a damn

Anyone else tired of the cliche of husband at company party whose wife loves to dance and he can't dance worth a damn and the story goes downhill from there.

60 year old George

bigguy323bigguy323over 13 years ago
Were I the author My protagonist would give up drinking, get in good physical shape and spend the next year or so plotting revenge on the bitch.

By the time I was done she would be so fucked up in some way (like drugs, or prostitution, etc.) that she would be deemed unfit to have any contact with my kids.

Touch the bitch...

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
PARTY'S ARE MEANT TO BE FOR UNWINDING

and people who are not, cant. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Juvenile!

This story has very little real content. It was not created, it was reported.

SilverWolf78754SilverWolf78754about 12 years ago
Need to work on your grammar and spelling.

It started out alright, but was really sloppy at the end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
I gave it 2 stars...

... If it had been me I would stay just long enough to document what happen, write my resume and scrap together a BTB fund. Then I'd turn the lawyers loose on my wife and father in law. Wrongful termination, pain and suffering and unlawful expulsion from domicile should get the attorneys drooling. Panther Fan.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
he let them off to easy what a WIMP

now if ever their is a wimp , this guy surely fits the description

aptonthe503aptonthe503almost 9 years ago
Completely Lame

The story had no cohesion, it just jumped around and the plot made no sense. So on Christmas Mary thinks her husband cheated, kicked him out, he got fired and for the next 11 months not one single person questioned that sequence of events. Then on Thanksgiving, suddenly we discover that Helen's husband was there last Christmas and did the dead with his wife and now Mary learns the truth and is repentant?!?

And you think that actually makes a good story?

Better luck next time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Give The Guy Some BALLS At Least

So all is forgiven..B.S. The guy should of filed for divorce and let his wife and father-in-law dela with the fallout..👍

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Get Real

What a Bull Shit story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Yep, a BS Story

The guy had NO MONEY? Very unbelievable. First he's a wimp, then a wuss, then a kiss ass, then a wimp again..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Sigh

That was so little contrition on her and her families part towards him. Hell he has ONE HELL of a case in a legal suit for wrongful termination.

JackmoftenJackmoftenover 6 years ago
WTF!

He didn't move far enough away. Me, I'd of gotten as-far-as I could away from those crazy stupid people. For sure, I'd of gotten a lawyer and started the divorce process and left a Power of Attorney so they could settle up my affairs.

penneydog55penneydog55about 6 years ago
Lemon squeezed vodka

Because this story will drive anybody to drink! Look the idea is good but I think it was rushed and cut to shreds to fit one page? ★★★☆? WOOF!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
NFW!

I'd of walked the fifty plus miles to get away from the wife and family. If they had found me like they did, I'd of this time packed my bags, gotten my personal papers, taken some money out of the bank, and then left town for good. Let her and her daddy take care of the family and the family busness.

26thNC26thNCalmost 6 years ago
Not as good

Not quite as good as the other two allforall stories that I read tonight, but still two levels above most recent LW posts.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
What the Hell?

Jim, Mary and Helen arrive at the party room at 10:00 (presumably a.m.--would a company's Christmas party start at 10:00 p.m.?); so Jim can set up the decorations and the bar, obviously before the party starts. Mary and Helen go up while Bob is setting up and come back with a veil over each wife's breasts and a thong. And that's all they wear, as the author does not describe them wearing anything else. Both daughters essentially nude in front of their father? Both dancing essentially naked for several hours with the "hunk" men?

I think that perhaps Helen's thong may have been off due to all the rampant erect cocks nuzzling and pushing there for some hours before her husband snuck in. Perhap she put it on to go meet him in the other room, or she may have just dangled the thong from her hand as she walked in. We don't hear anymore about Mary's costume either. Maybe she also lost it during the evening "dancing" (wink, wink!) with the hunks.

Then Helen comes out without the thong on, presumably dripping semen on the floor and running down her thighs while she continues on at the party? Really? Daddy doesn't mind (or notice)?

If this is the kind of party their father hosts, it seems that there would have been a whole lot of husband and wife swapping at it. So why would daddy be upset over just one more guy fuckng one of his near naked daughters?

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Talk

Don't be too quick to jump to conclusions. Don't drink too much, just a couple of the lessons in this good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Well

At least you tried. Since nobody is allowed to get an 'F' grade anymore, take pride in collecting your participation medal.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
NFW!

What a crock of shit. Me, I'd left the town as-soon-as my feet would carry me. Never, ever, contacting anyone there again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Mediocre character development, unbelievable plot elements and a weak main character in James (Jim). The women have what can only be described as dental floss applied as costumes. Not believable coming from two highly placed women in both the family and company hierarchy. Their father as described in the story would never approve of their wardrobes for a company event. Even the most liberal of companies I have worked for would have had problems with those costumes. James sounds like a raging alcoholic who needs professional help and an intervention to thwart the coming Ragnarok of his life. I pictured Jim as being someone who should have been given a much better and stronger character profile, this should have been applied to his situation after the “truth” finally comes out. James should have been allowed a more agreeable measure of retribution, or compensation if you will for the abysmal treatment he received from everyone (adults) of importance. One last thought, when his wife demands he go up and shave, he should have told her to stuff it, then proceed to drag her to the bedroom and shave her with a dry razor!

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

1 star - bad idea.

SwordWielderSwordWielderabout 2 years ago

Not good. A few comments: why did the police officer tell the family where he was at? He is interfering in a domestic situation and could get into a lot of trouble; why did the motel manager let them into the husband's room? They had to know something happened, and would have insisted on doing things legally. Lastly, why would the husband just accept things? He was falsely accused of adultery and both fired and tossed out on the streets because of that. Both his wife and father-in-law have a lot of crow to eat and serious ass-kissing, and quite frankly it might not be enough. That couple would need serious long term counseling, and I can't see him staying in that job or ever having a decent relationship with his father-in-law again. Lastly, what would have happened if he died during this time - suicide or an unfortunate accident? Mary and her father would never forgive themselves, and at some point the kids would know the story. Then in addition to the kids needing therapy because their daddy died, to find out it was a horrible mistake by their mother and grandfather and that is what killed their father. At that point the only family members that might have a decent family life would be Helen and Jorge. Helen and her father would be hated by her children, and would have an immense level of guilt - they may even commit suicide. Helen's mother probably would rip both of them to shreds for what they did. And the kids - probably screwed up for life. That is a more likely story than what you wrote.

robdh51robdh519 months ago

not up to your other stories

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous