Chronicles of Chris Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
CABONE
CABONE
1,287 Followers

We pulled up in the driveway and as we got out of the car, Jeremy and Gavin came tearing out of the house and flew into their Mom's arms. They actually knocked her down and were crawling all over her, kissing, hugging and laughing. It really was very sweet. They were two and four and evidently had missed their Mom a lot. Patti was laughing and tickling them and hugging them, her skirt had ridden up, and her panties were on display. Mom was trying to reach in and pull the skirt down to cover up Patti, but Patti was really into it with the boys and it was hopeless. Mom finally surrendered and stood between Patti and the street. I thought it was pretty funny, laughed and Mom glared at me. I just shrugged and carried Patti's luggage into the house. The box of Jake's stuff was in the middle of the living room and I picked up and carried it to the car, putting it in the trunk. I looked at my watch and realized I could get it to the shipping store tonight if I left immediately, otherwise it wouldn't leave until Monday. I told Mom and assured her I would be right back. I got it to the place as the UPS truck pulled up and ran inside with it. Fortunately, the UPS guy was sympathetic and waited while they got it written up. I profusely thanked all of the people in the store, including the UPS guy and then went back to Patti's house. Patti was in the living room when I got there and the boys were still all over her. Her appearance was as if she had been through a battle and she looked at me with more than a little desperation.

I said, "Hey guys, do you want to go out back and play in your fort?"

They immediately jumped off Patti and raced through the house and into the backyard. Patti came over, hugged me, and kissed me on the cheek, whispering in my ear, "Thanks Squirt, I owe you one." Then she went up to her room.

I went out to the backyard, passing through the kitchen as I went. Mom smiled at me and said, "That was sweet of you to help Patti out like that." She reached out her arms for a hug, so I walked up and hugged her.

I just said, "She looked more than a little overwhelmed. It was the least I could do." Mom kissed me on the cheek.

I ran the boys through their paces in the fort and on the swings, until they finally said they wanted to go in. I loved my nephews, but they were a handful. I figured Mom and Patti would appreciate it if the boys were tired out. I met Patti at the back door as she was coming to call us for dinner. Mom took the boys and got them cleaned up as I did the same in the kitchen.

Patti walked up behind me and wrapped her arms around my waist. "Thanks," she whispered, "I was not ready for the attack of the killer toddlers. You saved me." I turned around and put my arms around her waist and she tilted her face up for a kiss. I happily obliged.

She stepped away as Mom walked into the kitchen. Mom had that puzzled look on her face, as Patti was still standing pretty close. Patti recognized that Mom was uncomfortable and she said, "I just gave Chris a hug and kiss for saving me from the boys earlier. I told him I really needed to catch my breath."

Mom visibly relaxed and said, "Oh, OK."

Patti went over to help the boys get into their seats and I noticed what she was now wearing for the first time. She had on bright white, short-shorts that just covered her ass cheeks. The funny thing was that they fit so well that they didn't ride up when she bent over. Patti came over and sat beside me. Gavin was on her other side and Mom had Jeremy beside her chair. Mom turned around with the food and seemed startled that Patti was sitting beside me, but didn't say anything. She put the food on the table and I got excited.

"Beef stroganoff!" I said, elated. "Mom that's great!" Mom's beef stroganoff was the best, I really enjoyed it, but she didn't make it for us very often.

We ate dinner and Patti told us all about the trip, keeping any mention of Jake to a minimum. If Mom noticed, she didn't say anything. We finished with dinner and I helped Mom clear the table. Patti was taking the boys to bed; they had both fallen asleep on their plates. Patti came back and Mom served a homemade chocolate cake with cocoanut frosting, another favorite. When we were done, I was stuffed, Mom's home cooking was truly great. We went out to the patio after the dishes were done and sat for a few minutes and then I said I was going to go home.

Mom said, "Why? Do you have a hot date?" She and Patti both giggled.

"No, but, I thought about making a call to set one up." I said.

Patti looked upset and Mom smiled. "Are you going to call Joni?"

"No, she and Sara have plans for a couple of days." I answered.

"Ok," Mom said, "who are you going to call?"

"I ordered a pizza the other night and Teddi Malone delivered it." I explained. "She left me her number, so I thought I'd call her."

Mom looked at Patti and then back at me. "Where were these girls when you were in school?"

I just shrugged.

Patti said, "Why don't you call her from here? Then you could stay the night. The boys would love to see Uncle Chris in the morning and I will make up the fold out sofa in the family room, downstairs."

"OK." I said and went to the phone.

I dug Teddi's number out of my wallet and called her. She answered the call on the first ring. "Teddi? It's Chris Peters, how are you?"

Teddi squealed into the phone and I jumped. I certainly wasn't expecting that. "Chris, I've been waiting for you to call. I'm so glad you did."

"Uhh, Teddi?" I said slowly, "Would you like to go out tomorrow night?"

Teddi sounded disappointed. "I thought you were calling to go out tonight,"

"Gee, I'm sorry, Teddi," I said, "but I'm at my sister's house in Wauwatosa and my Mom and sister want me to spend the night, so I can see my nephews again in the morning."

Teddi's voice, when she responded, sounded much brighter. "Oh, you're at your sister's house, huh? I understand that. I'll get my Dad to let me out early tomorrow, so pick me up at my house at about 7:00, OK?"

"Sure, Teddi," I answered, "I'll see you then."

"I'm really,really, looking forward to it, Chris. Bye!" Teddi hung up.

I set the receiver down and turned around and Mom and Patti were standing there listening. Mom looked pleased and Patti had a funny look on her face.

Mom said, "That sounded like it went well."

"Yeah, we're going out tomorrow night." I said, looking at Patti.

Patti just stared at me for a minute and then turned and went out the back door to the patio. Mom looked at Patti's back and then looked at me and, shaking her head, followed Patti out the door. I shrugged and followed Mom. We sat out back as the sun set and it cooled off. Finally, after many yawns Mom said she was going to bed. She paused, looked at Patti and me, shook her head, once again, kissed Patti and then me on the top of our heads and then headed off to bed. Patti just sat and stared at me for the longest time and then she too, headed off to bed. She stopped, kissed my cheek and left. I sat for a few more minutes, enjoying the growing coolness of the evening, but then the bugs started to find me. I went downstairs and Patti had made up the sofa bed as she had promised. I stripped down to my boxers and lay down in bed. I turned off the lights and it was very dark. I fell asleep quickly, but awoke several times. I finally drifted off to sleep for the final time dreaming of Joni, Eva and Sara.

I woke up with the boys climbing all over me. "Unca Chris, Unca Chris! Mommy said you take us swimmin'! Go now! Go Now!"

I was barely awake, I opened my eyes, they were in my face, and I saw Patti standing behind them and laughing. I struggled to sit up as they were hanging on me. Jeremy was literally sitting on my head and Gavin was glued to my chest. I looked at Patti as she was laughing so hard tears were running down her cheeks.

I glared at her, "Nice way to wake up!"

She got her breath enough to say, "Hey, you started this a long time ago when you got them stirred up every time you saw them. They're just doing what you taught them. Breakfast is ready when you are."

I grumbled and she laughed as she walked up the stairs. I struggled to get dressed as their relentless attack continued. I walked up the stairs with Gavin hanging onto my leg and Jeremy hanging on my back. Mom and Patti laughed as I staggered into the kitchen.

Mom said, "Paybacks are heck, aren't they, Chris?"

"Yeah, Patti pointed out that I'm getting what I deserve." I answered. We sat down at the table after Patti peeled the boys off and put them in their seats. "What's this about swimming?"

"I need to talk to Mom and I could use some peace and quiet," Patti said, "only if it's OK with you." The plea in her eyes was unmistakable and impossible to resist.

"OK," I said. "I need to get a bathing suit, so, I'll take them to the clubhouse pool, if you'll come and get them when you're done."

Patti leaned over and kissed me on the cheek. "You're the best, Chris."

I blushed and mumbled in response. Mom and Patti laughed. I took the boys to our house and changed quickly so they wouldn't tear everything up. We walked over to the pool and they found kids their age with whom they could play and instantly became lifelong friends. I envied their innocence. I sat at the edge of the pool watching them closely. They were in my care and I didn't want the least little thing to happen to them. They actually behaved fairly well. I only had to remind them not to run once or twice. The Mom from a couple of days ago was there and she thought it was hilarious that I was telling someone not to run. I heard her laugh every time I yelled at them. After a while, they tired of the water and started playing with some toys that were around. I sat on a lounger and watched them the whole time. The laughing Mom gathered up her son and on her way out actually said she was impressed with the way I paid close attention to them, despite my age.

I laughed, "It's a matter of self-preservation, ma'am, my Mom and my sister, their Mom, would kill me dead if anything happened to them." I talked without taking my eyes off the boys.

She laughed again and said goodbye. I could tell that by the way the boys had slowed down that they were getting very tired. I went and gathered them and their toys up and walked them home. I put them to bed in the guest room and I think they were asleep before I closed the door. When I got downstairs Patti and Mom came flying through the door, both with frantic looks on their faces.

"What's wrong?" I asked them.

They both stopped and looked at me. "We were going to ask you the same thing." Mom said.

I was seriously confused, "Why would anything be wrong?"

"Where are the boys?" Patti asked.

"Asleep in the guest room." I said, "They played really hard and they were worn out, so I brought them home and put them to bed. I don't understand your panic."

They looked at each other and then me with sheepish smiles. "We're sorry, Chris." Then they stood there looking at the floor.

"Jesus Christ!" I exclaimed, "Would you two just fucking spit it out!?!?!"

Patti looked at Mom and Mom sighed, "I, uhh, guess we didn't really trust you to keep a good eye on the boys. When we didn't see you guys at the pool, I, uhh, I guess we panicked, thinking the worst." Mom was bright red by the time she finished speaking, obviously ashamed of herself.

I just laughed, "Nice, really nice." I walked out into the kitchen.

Mom walked in and hugged me. "I really am sorry, Chris. Sometimes, I still look at you like you're my baby and I forget you're a grown responsible young man."

I laughed again, "Mom, truly the reason I kept such a close eye on them is that I know you and Patti both feel that way. I knew you'd kill me if either of them had as much as a scratch. Like I told a lady at the pool; it was self-preservation."

"So you're not angry with us?" Mom said meekly.

"Not at all," I said, "I just couldn't understand the panic. Everything was fine."

"I know," Mom said, "I am sorry."

"OK, that's enough," I said, "I get it, it's fine."

Patti walked out and looked at Mom and me. "Squirt, I'm really sorry."

"Oh, for Chrissakes!" I blurted and stormed out of the kitchen. I heard Patti ask Mom what was wrong as I went out the front door.

I went and sat on the patio and they both came out, looking guilty. I looked up and cracked up. "We're good, OK, let's just let it go." I said shaking my head.

"Chris, is it OK if Mom stays a couple more days with me?" Patti asked. "I don't want to be alone right now. I know you're leaving for basic and we've not been here for you, but I need this. Will you be OK?"

I looked up at Patti and grinned.

She laughed and said, "Never mind."

Mom looked between the two of us with that 'I know I should be concerned, but I don't know why' look on her face. Patti and I looked back and laughed.

Patti said, "I'll explain later, Mom."

"Mom, I could use some money, though." I said as nicely as I could.

She went inside and came out with a couple of twenties. "Is this OK, honey?"

"Thanks, Mom, that's great." I said. "I think I'm gonna go take a nap, OK? I didn't sleep very well last night."

They each kissed me on the cheek as I went by. I set my alarm for 5:30 and lay down. I must have passed out because I don't remember anything until the alarm went off. I got up and felt really good. I took a shower and got dressed in shorts and a tee shirt.

CABONE
CABONE
1,287 Followers