All Comments on 'City Boy & Country Girl'

by woodmanone

Sort by:
  • 40 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Oops

Ford didn't make a Mach 1 Mustang in '67. You'd have to wait until '69.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Excellent Story

About characters that seemed like real people.You really are one of the better authors on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Damn good story!

Thoroughly enjoyed reading this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Love your work!

Keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Wonderful

This was a really good story. I can not wait to read more of your work as this was the first I have read.

bruce22bruce22over 14 years ago
Nice Story

As always well conceived and executed. Pure,satisfying romance!

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassover 14 years ago
Very romantic story

I bumped into your story sort of by accident, and I'm glad I did. You've woven a wonderful story about two people in love. It's one of those "He chased her until she caught him" stories, and it was worth the chase. I'll have to read some more of your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Another great story!

I don't know why your story ended up in the "Mature" category, but I'm glad that it did. Both of your stories that I have read seem to follow the theme, "True love never runs smoothly". If you are the guy in the story, you should get a lot of credit for being honest and not glossing over your own shortcomings.

Keep on writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
I loved this story

This story is wonderful. I enjoy reading about how two people get to know each other and the things they have to go through to find out if they really are meant for each other. Keep writing more great stories. I like your style.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Another great Woodmanone story

I think you write some wonderful stories, althought this one started out poorly with John acting like immature teen-ager and Alexis dong the same until they finally smartened up and he and Alexis became loving couple. Another great story Woodmanone.

60 year old George

Katie017Katie017about 13 years ago
another great story

thank you, I loved the story

GualterioGualterioalmost 13 years ago
Loved the humor in this one

There were some really light-hearted scenes here with the mule, horse, thorns, etc. that were very enjoyable. Good job!

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 12 years ago
Fun Happy -

Just plain nice read - thank you

Let's all hope they do not end up back in loving wives eom day - heh - Hank is still out there.

deJay_13deJay_13over 11 years ago
Please

Your story telling is way too good to allow a few grammatical errors to "muddy up" the waters. Please find a good proofreader and let them smooth out the very few rough spots.

deJay

HansTrimbleHansTrimbleover 11 years ago
Characters

Your tale is great, and I enjoyed following the ups and downs of this great love story. But I especially liked the way you fleshed out the characters. Ally with her green eyes and hot temper; John as the ever hopeful, bewildered suitor; Henry as the ass, then the master, and finally God; but Bill is the one I enjoyed most, with his advice on how to hit the mule and how to let Ally come back and see why John wasn't chasing her. Great job.

You've asked people to comment so you can become a better writer. First off, you're pretty damn good right now; second, stick with the characters and let the story tell itself through them, just as you did here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Loved it!

Thanks for submitting a TRUE romance story an not perverted smut. I enjoyed your story VERY much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
city/country

I have just moved you up. you are not a great writer, you are an excellent bard. you are one of three that I have said this about. Also your stories do not just bypass the erotic sex but also the bad language. Even with only short stories this elevates you above the rest.

Ed Grocott

edgrocott@gmail.com

xtchrxtchrover 8 years ago
Very Good Job!

This is one wonderful story. I enjoyed it immensely. I happen to like City/Country romances. Thank you for a wonderful story.

flarebel2327flarebel2327about 8 years ago
great story

it reminds me of my wife & me. we knew each other for almost 10 yrs before we married so we knew the good & bad about each other. she was from an Irish back ground & mine was Scotish oil & water

kaiser27kaiser27almost 8 years ago

Didn't really enjoy the story simply because Alexis was a very unlikable character.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 7 years ago
Second reading

I think most of us have encountered characters like Henry. The type is well discribed in this story. We wish most of the Henry's would go broke and land in a homeless shelter.

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
THE WAY IT SHOULD, ESPECIALLY

when work, plans and romance come together and ignite TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
liked it

thanks

jtaylor

rightbankrightbankalmost 7 years ago
That was fun, thanks

A cast of misfits. Best part was watching the two kids figure out they were in love.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

I have read a number of your stories I enjoy them very much continue writing

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Very Nice

Good story, I enjoyed it a lot. I thought the old man’s comparison of a young woman to a young colt, both knowing what they need, but afraid of it until they get used to the idea, was a pretty good analogy. One thing for those who don’t know (and yes, I know this is a fictional tale), the Mustang Mach I was introduced by Ford in August of 1968 as a 1969 model. Same year as the Boss 302. Which for my money is the better car. Nitpicking, I know, but I do love me some Mustangs. 5 stars, no doubt.

anonymousinblueanonymousinbluealmost 6 years ago
I didn't like this

Much of this was awkward. How he decided that he wanted to marry Alexis is unclear, because it comes out of the blue. Whatever happened was said, not shown. And it's the showing that counts. How many times is he going to say sorry? That seemed almost like a theme, and unless it involves bumping into someone with a mumbled sorry, it's entirely just unpleasant. Almost as unpleasant as getting thrown into a blackberry thicket. So, there was conflict, and a plot, and it was resolved. It was even pretty good until some time after she goes off in her huff about being her conscience. The dialogue after the job interview wasn't good. Partly because the story goes at a bone jarring pace, without any leadup, leaving people to talk as if they have known each other for years and just bare it all, but they haven't; it's shamelessly forward. Plus I must have missed the romantic development between her telling Henry off at the dance and talking to the father about marriage. I believe it takes more than discovering the guy you were going out with is an asshole. And, it's incredible that she didn't see it; she must have been smitten not to see it, which probably foreshadows a future of being seduced. This recipe has been done much better, more subtle, and necessarily longer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Damn good story!

I really enjoyed this one. You have real talent as a writer. Not many do.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
5☆

Very good story. Enjoyed tremendously. No sex needed in this story . If I want sex I watch porn.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
1967 Mustang Mach 1

Wasn't one in 1967, sorry.

woodmanonewoodmanoneover 3 years agoAuthor
Okay, I made a mistake

Usually don't comment on my work much but have to answer a couple of comments. I know that there was no 67 Mustang Mach One. First was in 69. I know this because I like Mustangs and I drove one for a while in 71. The 67 was a typo and I didn't catch it until it was mentioned in some comments. So cut me a break. I hope the typo didn't keep you from enjoying the story.

Woodmanone

flareb2343flareb2343over 3 years ago
ALL WAYS

there is all ways some A$$ HOLE name less who nit picks . man up and identify your self.

flareb2343flareb2343over 3 years ago
Mustangs

had a 66 an 1/2 when they first put the v 8 289 rag top sold it & bought a truck. kick myself many time over.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Vernacular is off.

The vernacular and musings match a 60 year old, not a 24 year old. Sorry, but 24 year olds don’t smoke cigars with a whiskey in hand by themselves on a daily basis. Otherwise a good story.

flareb2343flareb2343about 3 years ago
NIT PICHERS

I have said before these A$$ holes that take apart others stories have not written any thing. they hide their names . if the want a perfect 1 go to a book store & lay out 25 or 40 $ on 1.

Diecast1Diecast1almost 3 years ago

I love the story. AAAA++++

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Really great story! Thoroughly enjoyed it. You really do write some excellent stories and those who don't like the content or the endings, know what to do! Go to another author or genre!! 5*s.

0ldfart0ldfartabout 1 year ago

This is a great yarn, with a side helping of humour to spice the story. Well worth five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago
no

why anyone would pursue that stupid bitch is beyond me. let her be with the rich prick.

linnearlinnear11 months ago

Good story, somethings are worth chasing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userwoodmanone@woodmanone
I believe age and cunning will overcome youth and enthusiasm every time. Being some what of an egomaniac I believe my stories are very interesting. Only the readers can verify or disprove that premise. Several of my stories are based on my own experience or most have a little ...

SIMILAR Stories