Cold Night Dreams

Story Info
Her dreams take her into the rain.
998 words
4.5
6.5k
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
vixen62
vixen62
27 Followers

Curled up in a ball on my oversized chair, wrapped in a red, fluffy blanket, my book is precariously balanced in my left hand. My right arm wrapped around my body keeping the cool night air from reaching my soft naked skin. The heating had turned off hours ago, but I was determined to finish this book.

Eyes burning with exhaustion, arms aching, digging myself deeper into my chair, I continue to read. Peering over the pages I notice the cat perched on top of the couch glaring down at my sleeping dog. A smile creeps onto my face at the comfort I feel in the room -- my room.

Against my will my eyes finally close, book falling to the floor with a bang, as if sounding the start of another dream.....

The sound echoes through my head as I close the car door behind me. Walking down a grey pebble stone path I am lead through black wrought iron gates opening into spacious parklands. Heading into the heart of the park, I take in my surroundings. The boundary fences barely visible hidden behind large gum trees. Brightly coloured flowers cover the soil beneath the over sized trees. Purple and orange hues of the petals a stunning contrast against the pale grey of the tree trunks.

Looking up into the sky, I watch the sun slowly disappear behind dark clouds, their heaviness and weight bearing down on the earth. These are the days I love the most. The smell of the rain in the air, dark clouds threatening to break and mother nature filling my soul.

The threat of rain not deterring me in the least, I bend down and take off my shoes and socks, carelessly tossing them aside. Standing on the lush grass I wiggle my toes feeling the coolness beneath my feet. Tipping my head once again to the sky I close my eyes and feel the air rush over my face.

Standing there letting nature surround me my mind lets go, the walls come down. My mind lost as I feel a single drop of rain touch my face. Raising a hand to my cheek I caress that first drop into my skin. Tracing my hand across my face as more rain kisses my skin, I feel free. Slowly the rain starts to fall, and as if giving me permission; tears start to fill my eyes.

As tears flow down my cheeks I raise my arms above my head, palms out, letting the now steady flow of rain fall over me. Opening my mouth, sticking out my tongue I taste the raindrops mixed in with the salt of my tears.

Still barefooted I make my way over to a seat I had noticed earlier. Even though semi-protected by a large willowy tree, the wetness from the rain seeps into my jeans as I sit down. As the wind picks up and whips through the branches above me more raindrops fall soaking my already wet clothes now clinging to my body.

Bringing my feet into my arse, I wrap my arms around my legs hugging them to my chest. Resting my chin on my knees, my sadness starts to flow freely. Sobs stir from deep within as if the gates to my soul have been opened. Rain continues to fall, plastering my hair over my face across my tear filled eyes.

Taking my hands to my face, burying my eyes into my palms, I start to feel comfort in the rain and wind around me. As if mother nature is holding me close, letting me know it's okay to release all that I hold so dear. My thoughts turn to loss and loneliness wishing I could find this comfort also in people.

The noise of the rain in the leaves fills my ears, the presence of another not even felt. My body jumps as fingers tips trace over the hair running down my cheeks. I look up startled, his eyes gazing at my tear stained face. He moves his hands and brushes away the hair that has now fallen into my eyes. His touch soft yet confident

I take him in with my stare, his long black jacket hanging heavy from the weight of the rain, hair plastered against his chiseled face. His black denim jeans patchy from walking through the weather, his dark grey boots soaked. This dark haired, green eyed stranger before me has sought me out. Through my sadness a small smile tugs at my lips.

Dropping my legs, I lean back he bends over gently taking my face into his hands and kisses each of my cheeks, as if lifting the tears off my skin. Then whisper soft, he presses his lips against mine; a moan escapes instantaneously from my throat as he deepens our kiss. Moving into his mouth, all sadness and loneliness are set free. A sense of peace fills me.

He breaks away, smiling at me, knowing what he has just given me. He takes my left hand into his, raises it to his mouth and licks my wrist. I laugh. He whispers in my ear then kisses me once more on each eye lid, he then turns and walks away from me. Wanting to follow him, my dark hair green eyed stranger, I watch as the wind lifts his coat behind him, as he confidently strides toward the wrought iron gates in the distance.

Watching him walk away his whispered words still heard in my soul - you never know what the future may hold. I lift my fingers to my mouth still feeling the echo of him and I smile not knowing.....

My imaginary world starts to fall away as a freezing chill reaches my bones as my blanket falls to the floor. Raising my hand to my cheek I can still feel his lips on my tears. Somewhere hoping the stranger with dark hair and green eyes will cross my path again.... and soon.

vixen62
vixen62
27 Followers