All Comments on 'Colleen, Nathan and Julie'

by SlamDuncan

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
oldnornryoldnornryalmost 11 years ago
Sweet innocence.

A rare opportunity in this age. Unless you find a 12 YO, which is jail bait! Well written, but would expect more doubt and hesitation from Julie. I enjoyed your story and have known famiies that home schooled their children. When the child leaves they go wild with drugs and sex alcohol. 5*

panjetarkan1panjetarkan1almost 11 years ago
Reply to Total Crap

The decision for Julie to move in with her cousin instead of her aunt and uncle makes more sense if you read the other stories and realize her uncle is almost as big a tool as her father. Her cousin is the closest age to Julie, and the only house with no blatant incest happening to freak her out prematurely. This is an excellent story, both as a stand-alone and also as part of the author's larger universe.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Loved it!

Great story! Very well written, and you have a great sense of humor. Julie is a great character; would love to see more of her. Best story of the year, I've already read it twice.

MissFeatherclitMissFeatherclitalmost 11 years ago
Beautiful story

This is the best yet, Slam. l love all your stories, but this one is special. The loss of innocence is a special time in any girl's life. I sure remember mine!

Julie is a wonderful character, hope we see more of her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
re: Reply to Total Crap

" if you read the other stories"

<P>

If vital information in a story hinges on the reader having to go elsewhere for it, at the very least a link, a hint, SOMETHING should be in the story. Readers should not have to go to the writer's page to figure out what came before. It doesn't matter if it is easy or hard. If the writer cares at all about the readers, he/she would take the time to present this information.

SlamDuncanSlamDuncanalmost 11 years agoAuthor
Stand alone

This is a stand alone story that does not require any additional information. The characters appear in other stories, but have no bearing on this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Beautiful

This is a soft loving family story. Beautiful!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Good

This is a good story. I like the change from ugly duckling to beautiful Swan. Think the early stages of the transition may have taken weeks rather than days though. Especially considering how brainwashed Nule was by her religious upbringing.

I think religions that strict are as evil as any cult.

LegallySaneLegallySaneabout 3 years ago
That story

was so much fun to read.

ToughSailorToughSailor4 months ago

Julie's transition was way too accelerated. When one is so brainwashed over a period of a lifetime, it would realistically take a lot longer to overcome, and with some very tentative incremental steps. Religious indoctrination is absolutely the most heinous form of child abuse . . . .

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous