Consequences - Jamie

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jamie didn't seem to be listening so I went upstairs to move my things into the spare room. I would pack most of my stuff later but I needed some things now. When I went into the bathroom to get my supplies. I saw the ring still hanging where I left it. I looked at it and walked away, letting it stay.

I was sitting in the den a few days later, working on a few papers I wanted to make sure got filed as soon as possible when the phone rang. Since I wasn't sure if Jamie was home, I reached for it. I must have picked it up at the same instant Jamie did because I heard her say "Hello" in a quiet, subdued manner.

To my surprise, it was Walter Matthews! I wasn't aware he called here. I covered the mouthpiece and listened.

"Jamie, it's me, Walter. What's going on?"

"Walter! I told you never to call me here. And I told you I never wanted to see you or talk to you again so why are you calling?"

"Bullshit! Did you know that asshole husband of yours has filed suit against me in court for alienation of affections? The bastard filed it in court here in Cleveland. He had me served at home in front of my wife and kids. He's subpoenaed my wife! He's suing me for one million dollars!"

"He's what? Oh, my God. I knew he found out but I didn't know he would go this far." I heard a smothered laugh before she continued. "I'm sorry Walter but it's out of my hands. Guess you'll have to tell your wife now won't you? Guess your 'broken marriage' is really going to be broken up now. You lying piece of shit! After the lies you told me about your broken marriage, your hated wife, your pending divorce, you deserve this. So, go to hell you lying son of a bitch!"

She slammed the phone down while he was still yelling. I listened until he finally gave up and then put down my receiver. From what I heard, it sounded like old Walter and Ruth cooked up a plan and sold the bill of goods to Jamie. And she was stupid enough to fall for it hook, line and sinker. Too damned bad. She was too willing to be led by the nose by both her mother and her lover. Too willing to turn her back on me and our marriage. Too easy, that was the problem.

Jamie walked in just then, looked at me with a sad expression on her face and then said,

"You had this all planned out didn't you? You were just waiting until you had it all in place before confronting me. I've been married to you for almost twenty years and I can't believe I forgot your motto; 'Give them maximum pain and make it hurt for a long time.' I guess you're going for the maximum with Walter. How about me? What do you have planned for me?"

"For you? Nothing Jamie. I found I really hated what Walter did to me. Even if you were partly responsible, he knew better. He has a wife and five kids and he's fucking my wife? He's going to pay as much as I can get. And I've offered to pay Margaret for her divorce if she chooses to go that way. Maybe if you play your cards right, you can marry him when she kicks his ass out."

"You know better; I don't love him. I don't even like him right now. He lied to me about everything. He and my mother. I hate her and I hate him."

She looked at me with that look she always used to get what she wanted. "Can't you forgive me and let me make it up to you? I'll never do anything like this again, you know that. Please Jim, let me make it up."

"Sorry Jamie. You had your chance and you made your choice. Like I said, it was way too easy for you to walk away from me. Too easy by far! You made your choice and it was the wrong one."

I put down my papers, turned off the desk light and stood. She took in the suit and tie and freshly polished shoes. I was dressed to go out and she saw that.

"Don't wait up for me. I have a date tonight and I probably won't be back till morning."

I had a date with Rachael English tonight. She told me to bring my pajamas. When I asked her why, she just laughed and said it might be fun to undress me in the morning. As I left the house, I looked back to see Jamie standing in the doorway, tears in her eyes.

Consequences are a bitch!