All Comments on 'Conumdrum Ch. 01'

by Kezza67

Sort by:
  • 51 Comments
BigFtHunterBigFtHunterover 15 years ago
Loved it.

Absolutely a great start. Looking forward to your next post. Keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Get the Police involved...

So far this story is intriguing, but why not file a missing person's report with the police. Let them do the footwork and find her or pick her up if she is out on the streets. As you well know, computers can be decipered by the right person and there is a way of finding out almost everything for the right price. I pity their marriage and Matt should be seeking a divorce lawyer now and start putting away things,like money, in a safe place. Better now than later because if it comes to a divorce, he might not fare so well. Liquidate Matt, Liquidate and hide your funds in another country. She has deceived you right now so don't trust her anymore than you have to.

Simple49erSimple49erover 15 years ago
ConuNdrum?

I am not sure if your mispelling your title on purpose especially when the definition of a conundrum is a fanciful riddle whose solution is usually a flight of fancy or delightful word pun. You certainly have set of a riddle though I am not clear if it is fanciful. I like mysteries and you offer hints that this relationship may not have been all that it is cracked it up to be. The mystery you have begun also hints at professionals at work that may be setting up the husband for a fall, if not the wife. I look forward to further expandsion of the story with LONGER chapters maybe and NOT days of waiting like a certain story about sand has been doing with ten days of delay in short sputtering bursts. At least your story is not sputtering along and you offered more detail: however I hope also we get to know the characters a little better as that will also enhance the fancy and game of the riddle and mystery of your conundrum.

Simple49erSimple49erover 15 years ago
ConuNdrum?

I am not sure if your mispelling your title on purpose especially when the definition of a conundrum is a fanciful riddle whose solution is usually a flight of fancy or delightful word pun. You certainly have set of a riddle though I am not clear if it is fanciful. I like mysteries and you offer hints that this relationship may not have been all that it is cracked it up to be. The mystery you have begun also hints at professionals at work that may be setting up the husband for a fall, if not the wife. I look forward to further expandsion of the story with LONGER chapters maybe and NOT days of waiting like a certain story about sand has been doing with ten days of delay in short sputtering bursts. At least your story is not sputtering along and you offered more detail: however I hope also we get to know the characters a little better as that will also enhance the fancy and game of the riddle and mystery of your conundrum.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 15 years ago
I hope this story isn't stretched out

A good story so far, but 9 chapters will make it hard to follow. I just hope that it isn't stretched out to make for more excitement, like some of the other authors have done with their stories. However it's posted I'll hang in for a few chapters, just to see how it's posted....Thanks, Rich

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
suppose he Finds her.. then what?

Look I know this has 9 chapters. For all I know the author could end up having the husband wimp out and joining the wife in her new "lifestyle"

<br></br>

Maybe the wife has discovered something about herself and is exploring her new sexual side.

<br></br>

Fine. That is her right. But the author's very good start to this story strongly implies that the wife's actions/ deceit will have to be confronted in some way later in the story.

<br></br>

It IS clear that the wife is cheating on him. Either with another man/woman with her emotional needs and/or has been lying to him about her sexual needs. The wife has engaged in massive cover up and more importantly, does NOT care at all about what her actions will do, or is doing to her husband.

<br></br>

That being so... how then does HE get past what she has done once he finds her?.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 15 years ago
Good Start BUT premise is seriously FLAWED

very interseting start. BUT there are some serious holes in this story's premise.

<br></br>

The author presents us with a wife who is structured and restricted in a very British way. The author writes

<br></br>

<i>..."It was therefore quite out of character for her to suddenly go off on this course as such short notice. Matt accepted the note at its face value...."</i>

<br></br>

UM WHAT!? arent those two things MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE???

WHY would the husband knowing his wife charateristics and personality accept such a strange Note?

<br></br>

The note says she has been trying to call him all day... but she couldnt get through?!?? Not even 1 time. The wife could of left message on his cell phone voice email OR reached him thru Human Resources.

<br></br>

Given the way the wife is portrayed Matt's reaction of ..."oh well I guess everything is OK"...is Just NOT believeable reaction from a married man. Note even to a call to Human Resources? Not to his cell phone and leave a Voice email?

<br></br>

Then the wife doesnt call at all that Night... ??

<br></br>

<i>It was also quite out of character that the anticipated phone call from her didn't come. Out of character, yes, but Matt whilst surprised, rationalised that the course may well have extended into the evening. </i>

<br></br>

Taking all this into account Matt's reaction is SILLY and very contrived.

<br></br>

Not until 1030 pm of the 2ND EVENING does Matt get worried. Again given what has happened matt should of been going out of his mind by noon of the 2nd day...

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Interesting

One thing that was mentioned is that the Husband did not know his W had changed jobs several months earlier. He did not know many thing about her. It will be interesting to see how the author ties all of this up. I am looking forward to it

Tearsofsorrow2Tearsofsorrow2over 15 years ago
Domination

Just remember that the wife is involved in infidelity. She has already done this. It started with withholding her plans from her husband. In order to be dominated she would have to be in contact with her dominatrix already. The plan she is following is that persons and not her's. She is still responsible for all that she has done and anything she does in the future. A good start to the story. I look forward to the husbands reaction to his wife when he finds her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
good

good writing, nice plot and even with some "flaws" as some readers pointed out, it's still a very good offset for an entertaining story. Just bring it as your see fit, but don't drag it out too long. Since you indicated already that there will be 9 chapters, I assume the story is completed and probably submitted in full. Hope there will be one chapter a day. Thanks. G.Belgium.

KOTKKOTKover 15 years ago
Great start for the good story

Great start.It's very interesting one.Please bring the next chapter quickly i m eager to know what will happen next.

bruce22bruce22over 15 years ago
Great first Chapter

The author has all ready completed the nine chapters and if he submitted them to the site in a package one per day will be published. It is no longer useful to request the author to write longer chapters. Imagine if he presented the story in one posting with 18 pages! There would be a lot more grouching. It seems to me that neither the husband or wife know the other except in the biblical sense. It is quite clear that her husband's special ops experience has been hidden from her and certainly he would not go to the police because first he is not likely to believe that they are competent (from his military point of view they are nothing other than civil servants playing the game) and second he knows that they will spend most of their time investigating him and come to the conclusion that he would have to be considered a person of interest, and finally when his wife shows up, if alive, they will not allow him to debrief her under circumstances where she has no idea what she knows.

I like the story and the author has my authorization to let his characters become emotionally confused! To the point that they are not sure what is the correct path. After all they have a lot more riding on the outcome than any reader.

BriteaseBriteaseover 15 years ago
Great start

I have nothing to add, except to say that I am really looking forward to how this story progresses.

GenghisKhanGenghisKhanover 15 years ago
See, Harry

if you stick to critiquing these silly lit stories --- and not venture into politics and politicians whom you think are real' smart and deserving to be our leaders --- you and I have little disagreement, since for the most part I agree with you, and when I agree with you, I agree almost whole heartedly with oyuo....!! LOL

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Conumdrum?

What is a conumdrum? I searched the Webster's, Oxford, and even did the Google search. No such word exists. Perhaps you meant something entirely different. Spelling does matter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Spelling

Even with the misspelled title, the word is "Conundrum', it is a good start to a potentially interesting story

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Enjoyed It.

This is good writing and a good story so I will enjoy it instead of shooting it full of holes, Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Intriquing!

You didn't jump right into sex, so that is a definate plus. Also, the fact that this doesn't seem to be about adultery is another bonus. I'm withholding any complaints to see how this one plays out. Thanks for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Great start on a story

This is a great start on a story, i am looking forward to the following chapters. If tgey are not already made up, some suggetions to my liking would be that the wife has been persuaded to travel to a master and be dominated as a sexslave and whore for the master to use, abuse and humiliate. The wife has been convinced that she would be able to hide it from her husband, who she still loves. But with the master she ends up with permanent markings such as tattooes with obscene drawings and text and with piercings as well, and everything is filmed and publiced on the internet, making the wife being satisfied from the domination but regretting the publicity. When she returns home her husband divorces her and she has to move and live by herself, looked down on from the rest of the town due to her dirty acts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Interesting start

and I look forward to the rest of the story.I liked the reason why Matt resigned his commission,that paragraph should be sent to every politician.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
interesting but

what ever you do and try to find. you always would go to the cops and register her missing, no matter what. otherwise your going to jail rather quickly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Very exciting mystery store

I find this beginning to the story exciting. It makes me think about everything written and what I what I may have possibily missed, or forgotten about. I'll now read the second installment. Great story up to this point. RAG

DWornockDWornockover 12 years ago
I hope it is not too long and drawn out.

I suppose she is allowing a master to control her and that she is a submissive. It is difficut for me to relate to a master/slave relationship other than the fact, in the USA the people are slaves to the international bankers and they willingly obey.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
DWormcock is so stupid

she has to study for a drug test

chytownchytownabout 12 years ago
Good Start!

Now on to Ch2. Thanks for sharing.

count2threecount2threeabout 12 years ago
Nice Start.

Too bad, someone with history in D/s would picked up right away on her behaviour: Acting reluctant/prude but giving in at the slightest hind of pressure and allowing nearly everything. You can bet your ass, that her reluctance to do oral etc was just another Test. If he would have pressed the issue, she would have given in rather fast. Its really a pity how many clueless lucky bastards are married to diamonds in the rough and never have the strenth to unlock their hidden gem.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Minor Error

DSC (Distinguished Service Cross) is only awarded to Naval Officers. The equivalent decorations for Army and Air Force Officers are the Military Cross (MC) and Distinguished Flying Cross (DFC).

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

So far, I'm not liking the wife.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Re: Minor error

The DSC is the nations second highest award given to Army personnel, right behind the Medal of Honor. The equivalent award in the Navy is the Navy Cross. Yes I'm sure, 27 years worth of Army service sure.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Enjoying it

A very intriguing story.

Tim413413Tim413413almost 10 years ago
I was attracted to this series

because of the star ratings - very impressive for a LW series. Additionally, some of the "tease lines" caught my attention. This UK writer writes in "American" and that makes it so much more enjoyable for me. 5 stars! On to ch. 2!

tazz317tazz317almost 10 years ago
A WHO-DUN-IT

sans an idea. TK U MLJ LV NV

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 9 years ago
Hey

Great start. Not your usual type of LW tale. So, the question is, what is the wife up to? Me guesses no good, but we'll see...

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarabout 9 years ago
Good Start

Title says it.

retmstrretmstralmost 9 years ago
****

Ah! Skullduggery afoot. The sort of tale I enjoy. On to the next, then. Cheers!

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
good start

looking forward to learning why you used the unusual spelling for the Title

I hope it doesn't mean the story is humdrum.

266xxyz266xxyzover 7 years ago
Ok story line

You Brits! Haaaaaaaa! As Churchill said,To paraphrase, The United States and Briton are 2 countries divided by a common language.

luedonluedonover 7 years ago
On the other hand, 266xxyz

Oscar Wilde described the USofA as "The only country to go from barbarism to decadence with no intervening period of civilisation"

A quote for every occasion.

Lue

Horseman68Horseman68over 6 years ago
Good Start.....

.....to what could be a great story.

sexydad50sexydad50about 6 years ago
Nice start

can't wait to read more.....

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Great start

Looking good, and I don't have to wait for the next chapter. Archives are the Netflix of LW.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
Fascinating

story but...he married a weirdo who doesn't like oral sex giving or receiving? If you say so.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
At least spell the title of your story correctly

It’s conundrum.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
This Story

Has the leanings of a good British tv detective series ala Midsomer Murders. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Yeah....

I can see a one time mistake in spelling in the title. But, to carry it through all nine chapters? Cringe worthy. It’s supposed to be a mystery - I get it, but the authors’ hints that the wife is leaving clues are about as subtle as a steamroller. I can’t believe none of the previous commentators twigged to the single digit change in the husbands cell phone number.

Oh, I infer that DWarnock is a Brit from their idiotic comment about Americans and bankers - Can you say ‘BREXIT’?

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 2 years ago

It's a stupid bdsm story. It ends that way too. If you aren't into it, you have been warned

JRandyJJRandyJover 2 years ago

This should be the end, she has lied about every thing regarding the trip. Dump her ass. Move on.

tazz317tazz317over 2 years ago
THERE IS SMOKE ON THE WATER

to cover up the indiscretions on the land. TK U MLJ LV NV

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

Where there is smoke there is fire. The mystery deepens

5/5

oldtwitoldtwit12 months ago

mmmmmmmm bit average so far, plot is ok but it’s looking like it will be down to a man who has money to get the story to the end

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous