All Comments on 'Crazy Old Man'

by Ballzac

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Superb

A beautiful, beautiful story. Thank you!

Gene Gilliam

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Great

One of the best and interesting stories I`ve ever read

patricia51patricia51over 19 years ago
Absolutely wonderful

Thank you for telling me this was coming out. I followed every word with increasing anticipation and enjoyment. Its a wonderful romantic story with a deeply satisfying ending.

widespreadinterestswidespreadinterestsover 19 years ago
*Sigh* Hate to sound pedantic, but it is

wreck, not wreak, and the error was distracting in an otherwise excellent story. History buffs would likely recognize Belleau Woods as a WWI battle, giving the story away early on, but that is a mere quibble.

widespreadinterestswidespreadinterestsover 19 years ago
Oops, second quibble -

Nate and his wife are new to the area - how could Nate have been at the general store 50 years earlier?

rgraham666rgraham666over 19 years ago
That was a very sweet story

I do so love a happy ending.

I'm fond of romances myself and I hope someday my scribbling can be as good.

Very well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Superb!

But then what else should one expect?

Well done Ballzac.

Regards Alan

justbilljustbillover 19 years ago
Loved it

All stories that are not historicly researched have errors. SO WHAT. This is a story for all of us who have a story in our heart, Which can never come true.

Lady LayLady Layover 19 years ago
Beautiful Story

This is such a warm and loving tale, I enjoyed every word Ballzac. I believe in soulmates and this is yet another wonderful story confirming that I'm not the only one who does...Kay

Softly WhispersSoftly Whispersover 19 years ago
Swallows back tears

Wonderful wonderful wonderful. Thank you so much. Although I guessed the 'twist' near the beginning, it didn't spoil the tale at all --- and what a gentle wonderful tale it was. You are an author -- and good one. Please, keep writing and tell that wife of yours that she had a gem.

NakdSalrNakdSalrover 19 years ago
Little things make it work

The basic ending was telegraphed by things along the way. This could have ruined the story, but instead you carried us to the point of believing it would end with the lovers somehow coming together in life. The little touch of completion by having his footprints continue past the body was excellent and made the whole thing work. Very enjoyable!

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Beautiful story!

What a wonderful story of hope and belief!

Bridget69Bridget69over 19 years ago
Very touching.

A bittersweet tale of destiny and being reunited with your loved ones. Great ending. It was both sad yet happy at the same time. Enjoyed every word!

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Wow...

Wow..thats all I can manage to say right now...amazing. Wow.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Nice change of pace

Really enjoyed the story. Would make a great movie or short. Alot different than what normally appears here, but very refreshing. You identify with the characters and begin to feel for them and wish you could go there. Thank you and keep up the good work.

Woody

HornypakiHornypakiover 19 years ago
Masterful

Every once in a while, you read something that makes you feel satisfied on so many levels, that you want to read it again just to spoil yourself. This story reads like a gentle summer breeze and carries it's reader in a soft embrace throughout.

Great writing. We can only hope to match such perfection in our own humble attempts.

You have set the standard we must all aim for.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Great Story

I really enjoyed reading this story. Keep up the great job!

Winny

Mr RobertMr Robertover 19 years ago
Thankyou

Thankyou for writing such a wonderful story.

I wish you every success and look forward to seeing

more of your work in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Love it

Yes, even though I knew the ending halfway through the story, your wonderful style of narration brought tears to my eyes. What a beautiful love story. It too will transcend time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Great

Your stories are really, really great. While you call yourself a "hack writer", your prose is elegant and very readable. While I'm not a writer, I do know how to dot my i's and cross my t's. Thanks, please keep writing for us.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
thanks

A truly good story.

Let all of us have someone waiting for us.

Cheers

Yoron.

CharlieZhCharlieZhabout 15 years ago
Good job...

Although it wasn't a masterpiece, this story was still quite excellent.

I think there needs to be more emotional narration in this story.

Great job though!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Lovely

That was so romantic and sad;it was one of the best stories i've read. excellent work

rangerrigsrangerrigsabout 11 years ago
Wow!

I didn't just tear up, I actually cried to the ending of this. Wonderful story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Thank you

I thoughly enjoyed this story and others of yours. I could almost see the ending but had to keep reading, Most enjoyable. Thank you.

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 8 years ago
This Story was Just as Good as the First Time I read it

When I started reading today it took only a few sentences before I recognized it. But I continued on and it was a joy (and a tear-jerker) to read it again. Sure, it had the minor errors noted by other comments, but perhaps that makes it even better. The joy of discovery, the life-long quest and the final triumph give a lift to our lives even if it is fiction.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Ten years too late.

A great story still. I cannot image no one commenting for over ten years. I jjust found you as a "new" (to me) author. If you and Marie still write, tell us all where and when to look for you. I am also pedantic, and totally missed wreck and any other "faults", because the story, plot and characters were so good. Thank You. jaydee.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefabout 4 years ago
Crazy Harry

Nice story with a predictable, yet rewarding ending. It was nice that Harry didn't snap to Etna's previous husband dying at Belleau Wood. Normally when it starts snowing, like at the last, foot prints become covered and impossible to follow, but it being Harry's love story, not a problem. Thanks for writing and posting.

irishbulldog46irishbulldog46over 1 year ago

This story touch me. i lost my wife of 51 yearstwo years ago and wait for the day when i can join her. Well done

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous