All Comments on 'Dan and the Bottle Ch. 06'

by disableddan

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
LiterKnightLiterKnightover 10 years ago
Nice

Some quite obvious political opinions that'll probably put off some people, but I don't mind. It's a great story, if a bit hard at times to tell when the narrative switches; perhaps adding a line with a single hyphen to represent that? Overall, it's great. Good work. Keep it up.

disableddandisableddanover 10 years agoAuthor
I switch the narrative

By starting a fresh paragraph. Never really saw a need for much more. As for the rest, I said, at the beginning of part two, that I was very opinionated and far from being politically correct. I tell the truth as I see it, and the words from the Doctor character are, in fact, taken straight from the Doctor I see on a regular basis for my heart trouble. He is, in fact, considering an early retirement because of the mess we're looking at even as we speak. He is a conservative libertarian, just as I consider myself to be.

GrelkGrelkover 10 years ago
The End?

Will there be more even though the djinn is gone?

disableddandisableddanover 10 years agoAuthor
@ Grelk

I have the next part submitted, just waiting for lit to approve and post it, and at least 2 - 4 more coming.... stay tuned.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
great stuff...

good story!

as far as your thoughts go on the occupy wall street event, its sad you have no idea why it was actually started, I guess however in your story as your character "came into money", it shows that with money, comes ignorance, and while not everyone in the real protests where in it for the starting goal, when has that ever been different in the history of any protest or revolution, see the core not the face

disableddandisableddanover 10 years agoAuthor
No, Anonymous

I didn't start out with these beliefs. I also didn't believe what the mainstream media was saying about the TEA party movement. I checked both out for myself, by attending a TEA party rally, and an "Occupy" event.

At the TEA party rally, I found good, working, middle class people who didn't want much... lower taxes, less government intrusion in their lives, and less ridiculous regulation designed to punish success.

At the OWS event, I found a foul, filthy tent city full of people who thought they should be given 'positions', rather than starting at the bottom and working their way up; people who thought that people who had worked hard to earn their success owe the rest of the world a living.

By the way.... the character in my little tale did 'come into money' through supernatural aid.... after a lifetime of working for a living and getting blindsided by a stroke. He didn't sit around in a tent smoking meth and demanding someone else's hard earned money while he was fully capable of busting ass and earning it for himself.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I just don't get it...

What would anyone gain by destroying the world? Hitler I could understand, he wanted to CONTROL the world, but this situation makes EVERYONE lose (except, of course, those who become troglodytes...)!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous