All Comments on 'Dana's Side Ch. 05'

by JayDavid

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Deja vu

When you already know the end .. :(

LancerInLALancerInLAalmost 12 years ago
How odd...

I have been having a very difficult time with this side of the story. Dana seems not to be growing at all. She plays at the high school level drama level and the other characters are showing the growth. It is consistent with how she is shown in the other side of the story. As much as I like the writing and storytelling, I just can not bring myself to give it a 5*. She is the primary character and is not likeable. All 5 parts have gotten 4* from me. The other story was nearly all 5*.

JayDavidJayDavidalmost 12 years agoAuthor
I'd have to agree

That Dana hasn't shown as much growth as Jack, but there is one more chapter to go. I do think that her character has grown, and she realizes that she doesn't need to be the mean girl anymore, but still hasn't figured out how that works yet. She is flawed, which I think makes her interesting (but that is easy for me to say, since she is my creation.....)

LancerInLALancerInLAalmost 12 years ago
True enough

I have enjoyed both sides of the series. It makes it difficult to split them. Lake House was done so well, Dana's pales a bit. Yes, she is interesting. Yes, I would have loved to be with her (or her type) if I was that age. But looking at it from a more experienced perspective, her attitude about nearly everything grates a little bit. Her sister has given constant good advice, and yet she does not heed it. But, knowing the ultimate conclusion, it is destined to be that way.

JayDavidJayDavidalmost 12 years agoAuthor
Thanks Lancer

The second series was written as an exercise for two reasons. First, I wanted to try to look at the events from a female perspective to see if I could pull it off. Second, it helped me to fix some things in The Lake House Lessons story that didn't make sense when the two narratives were mixed together--issues of timing, motivation, etc. So, yes, I didn't spend as much time on it as the first, but after finishing, I thought it was pretty good, and that people might enjoy it, so I posted it. I hope that the two sequels that will be going up soon help to tie this all up

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Interesting reading...

But maybe the fact you are so unhappy is that you are a manipulative slut.

bluealseidesbluealseidesalmost 4 years ago

I read this chapter thinking, "Ohhhhh nooooo!!!" multiple times. I thought this might have happened behind the scenes in the original story. If only Fred had been a little bit later telling Jack. If only Jack made different decision. Most of all, if only Dana had made her move just a little bit earlier. It took a lot of willpower for her to handle the coffee shop meeting with as much as she was hurting.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous