Danny Ch. 02

Story Info
The date.
1.4k words
4.59
10.4k
0
Story does not have any tags

Part 2 of the 4 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 09/02/2007
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
A_DD
A_DD
5 Followers

"I can't believe I said I would go out with him!" Amber said while changing her clothes for her and Danny's date.

"Well he's cute and I think he likes you and so does Nathan." Rose said.

"You have been talking to Nathan about me and Danny, when? We only just left them a few hours ago! Give the boy time to miss you!" Amber asked.

"No way! We have been texting each other this entire time." Rose replied.

"Oh my gosh, this modern technology!" Amber said.

"Yep, it's a dream come true." Rose said with a smile.

"Ok, what do you think of this shirt with these jeans?" Amber asked.

"Uhmm, way too casual for where your going for dinner...Here wear this, with that and those shoes!" Rose said, retrieving a plain black halter top dress with a thin pink ribbon around it and a black half jacket and a pair of black baby doll shoes.

"Hmm, I can do this but, where are we going?" Amber said.

"Your going back to Paradise, Danny made reservations before we left the Aquarium." Rose said.

"Nathan tell you that?" Amber said sarcastically.

"No, I figured it out when he snuck off to go to the bathroom and walked by two! Oh boy! You better get dress because Danny's about to leave and head this way!" Rose said while looking at her cell phone.

"Really? Should I put on make-up? How does my hair look?!" Amber asked nervously.

"Yes, to the make-up, I mean it is your first date and all, and your is in braids, that you got done yesterday, it looks the same as when you first walked out of the salon! Just relax and get dressed, it all gonna be fine!" Rose told her sister.

"Ok, im cool, I'm ready to go." Amber said.

"No, your not, your in your underwear and you have on no make-up!" Rose said.

"Oh yea, thanks Rose, give me a minute." Amber said.

Danny Sinclair went to the cruise ship gift shop to pick up some flowers before he went to Ambers room. "I wonder what kind of flowers she would like?" Danny said aloud.

"Who sir? Maybe I can be of some help?" Ronald the gift shop operator said.

"I am speaking of Miss Amber Barnett. Do you know what kind of flowers she likes?" Danny replied.

"Oh yes, I do sir, she always requests roses when her family stays with us." Ronald said.

"Oh, her family has stayed here before? Danny asked. "Yes, they usually go on winter vacations with us, this is the first time they have come here during the summer season and they always travel with us, very loyal customers indeed." Ronald said with a smile on his face. He was very fond of the Barnett family, especially the mom.

"Ok, thanks Ronald, ill take a dozen long stem roses, but have them sent to her room in about an hour and I want the card to say, "Thinking of you, Danny" Also, I will have one long stem red rose for right now!"

****

For Amber the date was amazing. She never thought in a million years that someone of the opposite sex would be interested in what she had to say or what she thought about. She found herself falling for Danny by the time the dessert arrived. Danny felt the same. He felt like he knew some much about her but there was still so much more he had to learn. There was one more thing he had to ask her now. "How does your family make there money?" Danny asked.

"Are you serious? I cant believe you don't already know!" Amber replied.

"Why?" Danny asked.

"Well, Im from Michigan, my last names Barnett...Think about it." Amber said. Danny thought for a minute, and then the light bulb went off.

"Your grandma is Lucille Barnett! The owner of the Barnett auto parts chain! Your those Barnett's!" Danny said.

"Yea" Amber said with a proud smile on her face. "She also owns a part of my Uncles trucking business. He transports all of our parts to all of our store locations. Even the ones in California and Arizona." Amber said.

"Barnett's is in Cali and Arizona, I thought they were only in the Midwest?" Danny said.

"Sort of, the shops in the west are for motorcycles and big trucks. Not like the ones in the Midwest that are for cars and such." Amber said.

"Im sorry for saying this, but I had no idea the owner of Barnett's was black." Danny said.

"I prefer African American, and you don't have to be sorry most people don't know our family, unless your from Detroit because that's where my grandma got her start. She doesn't like us to boast and flaunt our families wealth and what not. She's a very down to earth woman, and were raised the same way." Amber said.

"Wow! That's amazing. How did she get started anyway?" Danny asked.

"Well that's a story she loves to tell, and you can ask her to tell you yourself, if you want to meet her!" Amber replied.

"Really? You want me to come to Detroit and meet your grandma? Does that mean the date is going well?" Danny said.

"I guess it is, and I am having a really great time getting to know you, but I didn't say anything about you coming to Detroit? My grandmas on the ship!" Amber said. Danny sat back in his chair completely awe struck by what Amber was telling him. If he didn't think she would run away screaming and never speak to him again, he would propose to her right now. After talking to her and getting to know her and on top of that finding out who her family is, THE Barnett's! He was finding that he could see himself falling in love with her. She was everything he wanted in life and more. Now all he had to do was wait for her to realize he was just as perfect for her.

****

"Thanks Danny, for asking me out I had a great time." Amber said as her and Danny walked along the walkway back to the ship.

"Well the dates not over yet, you cant get rid of me that easy!" Danny said with a cute smile on his face.

"Really? What else do you have in mind?" Amber asked.

"How about a walk?" Danny replied. "

"Hmm, a walk? Sounds lovely!" Amber replied. Slowly Danny slid his hand down Amber's arm to hold her hand as they walked along the hotel beach. Taking in the beauty of the hotel scenery at night and enjoying each others presence. Before either of them knew it they were sitting side by side on the beach watching the tides roll in.

"Will you go out with me again?" Danny asked.

"Tomorrow if you like." Amber replied.

Danny looked at his watch, "It is tomorrow we've been on this date for 4 hours now, will your mom get mad if your not back soon?" Danny asked.

"Nope, im an adult, she'll just have to understand but she will get mad if I miss the boat." Amber laughed. "We have to be on a plane from the last island" Amber said.

"We do too, were going to the Italian auto show. I begged my dad to get us tickets!" Danny said.

"No way! Danny are you for real?" Amber asked turning her head to see the look on his face.

"Yea, why?" Danny asked.

"That's where were going too! My brother wants an Italian sports car for his birthday in December and my sister and I wanted to come on vacation, so my mom decided in order to kill 2 birds with one stone we would do it all at one time! So here we are on a cruise to the Bahamas and then on a plane to Italy!" Amber said.

"So, you saying that when this cruise is over we will both be at the same place, so these next two weeks wont be the last we see of each other before going back to Michigan?!" Danny said excitedly.

"Not unless you want it to be. I mean how cool is that?" Amber said flabbergasted.

"Not cool Amber. Fate!" Danny said.

"You think fate is the reason we will both be in Italy in 2 weeks for the same event?" Amber said.

At that moment Danny brought his lips to meet hers in there first kiss. "Whoa, way to change the subject Danny!" Amber said.

"I'm sorry I couldn't help myself!" Danny said with a sly smile that confirmed his words. "Was that your first kiss?" Danny asked.

"Yep." Amber replied.

"Want another one?" Danny replied.

A_DD
A_DD
5 Followers