Dark Angel Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Anniel crossed her arms under her breasts. "Not long enough for me," she snapped.

"Baby, why are you so angry?"

Anniel wanted to cry—out of rage. How dare he pretend nothing happened. She'd been so taken with him—truly angel-struck, and he must've known.

To her horror, her tears began to flow, but she tossed her head up and faced him unflinchingly. "Why am I so angry? Why? Well, let's see...firstly, you took advantage of my naiveté, playing on my emotions and feelings I had for you. You spoke words of love—all lies—to convince me to give you my virginity and when you obviously got bored, you left without so much as a good bye."

"Baby, but I do love you."

Anniel wanted to scream in his face. "Fuck you, Garethiel," she choked out instead, wiping at her tears angrily.

"Oh, sweetheart. I was sent on a secret mission. I was forbidden to talk to you or anyone else."

Anniel stared at him in shock. Could it be true? Shook her head, not wanting to fall for his lies again.

"Baby, you've got to believe me. I was told about a plan to make clones of the angel of destruction from a couple of his feathers that were circulating on the black market. We managed to destroy three of the unholy things, but we never found the feathers."

Anniel gasped. "There were clones of Davariel?"

Garethiel flinched and rubbed his arms with a frown. "How can you just blurt his name like that? Doesn't it freak you out?"

Anniel scowled. "No. I live with his son."

Garethiel's frown deepened. "Yes. I know. I lived there too, remember?"

Anniel took a deep breath, swallowing years of hurt and rejection. "Sometimes I wish I could forget, damn-you."

"Baby, I swear—"

"Don't baby me. You have no idea everything I went through."

"Then tell me, sweetheart. You felt hurt? You loved me, baby?"

Anniel covered her mouth as another sob shook her. She'd adored him, adored the way he made her feel—so loved and special—until he disappeared without a trace.

"Do you still love me?" He placed his hands against the screen as if he could touch her. His blond hair reminded her of her baby. Little Gareth looked just like his daddy, except his skin was darker. The baby wasn't as black as she was but he was dark, his dark blond hair curly. The child's blended features made him exotically beautiful even though he was born with one wing.

Anniel shook her head. "No. I'm not the same stupid little girl you took advantage of so long ago."

"I could make you love me again, Anniel. Let me, baby. I want you. I don't care that you slept with Ash. I love you."

The mention of Ashriel's name was like a bucket of ice water poured over her.

The image of his bloodied lips and ruffled black feathers as he lay beneath her, begging her not to lower herself onto his straining cock.

Anniel closed her eyes, feeling the weight of her guilt choke her. Poor Ashriel.

"Anniel—"

"No, Garethiel. It's too late."

"Why?"

"I can't—"The thought of being with him again would dredge up the memories of her lost child. She wouldn't be able to bear it.

"Yes you can, baby. It was always so good between us. Don't you remember?"

Anniel clenched her teeth and glared at him. "Remember? Do you know what I remember? I remember how hurt I felt when you just disappeared. I remembered feeling sick and then going into full heat, of feeling like the biggest slut—" she had to turn away, her sobs choking her as she recalled howling in pain, screaming for relief, crying in joy every time she had to allow either Devon or Lucien to soothe her sexually...because of what she was, because her human body also suffered the mating cycles of being part wolf. She shouldn't have even been able to have a child, but Devon's power kept her from shifting into her wolf form, which would have triggered a miscarriage.

"Anniel, I can take care of you. Let me take—"

"I don't need you. You've done enough. Please don't call me anymore." She reached over to disconnect the communication.

"Wait. Annie, look, let's meet. Let's talk, please."

"No."

He began to look irritated. "What? Don't tell me you're smitten with him? He's my brother, for fuck's sake. I had you first, Anniel. I was your first."

She had heard enough and without saying one more word, she ended the communication.

Rushing into her room, she threw herself onto her bed and buried her face into her pillow. As she sobbed, the bed dipped in all directions. Hands comforted her. Someone lay against her body and wrapped a big arm around her waist.

"I never really knew the stupid fuck, but can I please go roast his ass?" Remi growled.

"Calm down, numb-nuts," Seth snorted. "That won't help any."

"No. But it'll make me feel better."

The arm around her waist shifted and fingers stroked her hair. "Cry, baby. It's all right. Just let it all out," Zak crooned near her ear as he petted her hair. "We're all here with you."

She turned and snuggled up against his strength. He enfolded her in his arms. Devon crawled up behind her. Angel crawled over them and laid her head on Anniel's shoulder. Remi laid his head on Zak's shoulder and took her hand. Seth, who'd positioned himself close to her head, began to purr deeply. Rowie and Alluna settled behind Devon, letting their power wash over her in soothing waves.

They all surrounded her with their love. She wasn't alone. She had her family.

"I just wish..." she began. Fresh tears coursed down her face as the memory of her baby laughed and giggled in her mind. "If only I knew what happened to him. I could have closure."

"We can try to find out when we go to the Edenian solar system," Devon murmured behind her.

Anniel's eyes widened. "Aren't we like not supposed to go there?"

She turned her head to try to see Devon's face but all she could see was Angel's wide grin.

"We are forbidden from ever going near the Edenian solar system, that's what's going to make this so much fun," Angel laughed.

"B-but, the baby," Anniel said in a small voice. "Won't that be dangerous for Jazriel?"

"We'll be fine," Devon assured. "If things get bad, I'll open a portal back here and get Angel and Jaz out."

Angel pouted. "I hope that doesn't happen. I'm itching for a good battle. Now that I'm no longer pregnant, I've been training hard again."

Anniel smiled at her, and then looked at the others. "You all think we might find something out about Gareth?"

Zak sighed, and opened his mouth to speak, but Devon interrupted.

"Zak, Alluna, Remi, and Rowie are sitting this one out, Anniel."

Remi nodded, looking over at Rowie who was rubbing her enormous tummy. "We all need a break from Jaz's magic. He's going to make the girls pop before time."

"And not in a good way either," Alluna said in her sweet child-like voice.

Zak kissed Anniel's forehead and rose to relocate himself behind Alluna. He engulfed her in his arms and proceeded to kiss down her neck as his hands massaged her belly. Anniel saw how the girl's bulging abdomen undulated and shifted beneath his hands. Alluna winced and whimpered making Zak frown.

"Settle down. You're hurting mama," he ordered in his gravelly Dom's voice. All movement within Alluna ceased to Anniel's astonishment.

Rowie snorted. "I wish my boys were as obedient."

Remien scoffed. "Not my sons. They're going to raise hell like their daddy."

"Heaven help us," Seth sighed as Remien snickered.

Anniel stiffened when she felt another presence in the room. She lifted her head to look, but Remien bent over her to playfully nip her ear, blocking her view.

"It's Ashriel, babe," Remi whispered, running his tongue naughtily along the shell of her ear.

Ashriel couldn't believe his eyes. He'd wanted to talk with Anniel, thinking that if perhaps they could sit and converse, get to know one another better, maybe...maybe she might be interested in a friendship, maybe something more later on. He wouldn't pressure her for anything physical. As a matter of fact, he preferred if they wouldn't become intimate until they were sure they were compatible on a personal level.

But the scene before him was like a punch to the gut. They were all piled atop each other, stroking, kissing...Remien Fyre had his tongue in her ear. Zak was cupping his mate's full breasts as she sighed.

It was so much like Davariel's orgies, except this time, the female he loved was at the center of it.

"Ashriel," Devon called out to him. "Come here."

Ashriel did the exact opposite. He backed away, feeling angry and foolish. This life was not for him. He couldn't do what they did. He couldn't love so freely.

He spun on his heel to flee, and ran right into Devon.

Devon scowled into his face.

"Listen here, you judgmental son-of-a-bitch," Devon snarled in a low voice, "I don't know what the hell it is you think you're seeing, but you better get your shit together and open your damn eyes to reality."

"I want to leave before I see more," Ashriel growled. God-he didn't want to be there when they started taking their clothes off. His chest ached terribly and he cursed himself for being such an ignorant fool.

Devon studied him a bit. "We were only soothing her after your brother hailed her over the com-unit."

Garethiel was after her again? Ashriel closed his eyes. If he had any intelligence, he would leave with what little dignity was left to him and just start out somewhere new. He could... oh—that's right. The laws stated that he could only aspire to being a male whore.

Ashriel gazed out through the glass that held back the glory of space. He walked to the glass and touched the cold barrier. He still had the mission. He would focus on that. Yes.

Devon's hand on his shoulder made him jump. "Ash, things are not what you perceive them to be."

Without another word he turned. Anniel stood a few paces behind him, her eyes, and nose red. She'd been crying. He felt his heart lurch and fought the urge to go to her and hold her.

With a sniff, she turned and sat on her fuchsia couch. As she stared at her fire pit, golden flames bloomed to life. She tucked her knees up below her chin and...ignored him.

Devon had disappeared, and one look into her bedchambers, showed that room empty too.

Feeling he had nothing left to loose, because he had nothing at all, he walked over and sat at the other end of the couch.

They sat in silence for long seconds.

He didn't know what to say. What could he say? Here she sat, her face ravished from tears after a communication link from his brother. Did she still love him after all this time?

Ashriel sighed despondently. He looked at Anniel again to discover her intense stare. Now he understood the Edenian term deer in the headlights.

Ashriel froze, stopped breathing under her intense scrutiny.

All she did was let out another breath and turn away to wrap her arms around her bent legs and hug them.

Ashriel bit his lip. "Um. I'm sorry," he began and then with a shrug decided to be bold. "I know just how you feel."

Anniel snorted. "What the hell do you know of how I feel?"

Ashriel pondered those words. He'd lost his virginity and truth be told, if he could conceive a child from his union with her, he'd be ecstatic. But he was cursed to live a life of solitude.

"You have freedom. You can choose to go on with your life however you see fit. Garethiel is no good. I wish I could have known you before. I would have warned you away from him."

Anniel sneered at Ashriel. "I don't regret having been with Garethiel. It hurt, but I learned from my experience...and I had five wonderful years with our child," she whispered the last.

"Yes. You had that." Ashriel turned away, blinking back the moisture in his eyes. "I can only wish."

He watched the flames dance and thought of how to excuse himself. He suddenly wanted to be alone. It would never work between them anyway. He was too conservative. She was a free spirit. He just wished the reality of the situation didn't hurt so much.

"Did you love my brother?"

She was quiet awhile. "I thought I did, but..." She shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe it was a first time crush. It doesn't matter. I got over it."

Ashriel wondered if he'd ever get over Anniel. "Did it take a long time for the hurt to go away?" How long did he have to live in this agony?

"I don't know. I guess having my baby helped...and having the others for support."

"Do you hate Garethiel now?"

Anniel smiled at him, making his heart hurt. "Didn't you ask me that earlier?"

"Oh."

Anniel shook her head and leaned back against the cushions. "I don't hate him. I don't really want anything to do with him either. I don't know. Things just weren't meant to be, I guess and that's okay. I just wish he weren't trying to pressure me into seeing him again."

"What?" Ashriel inadvertently knocked a glass vase to the floor when he opened his wings in anger. Luckily, it didn't break. "Don't let him convince you, Anniel." Ashriel was convinced Garethiel only wanted to goad him. He knew Anniel meant something to him and was looking to hurt Ashriel. It was working.

Anniel frowned at him. "Look, I would never-ever let myself love a man again. I don't want to get involved with anyone for as long as I live, so don't worry about me, okay?"

He looked as if she'd just slapped him. Anniel narrowed her eyes on Garethiel's dark twin and he actually retreated a bit, his black wings coming over his shoulders as if to shield him.

If Ashriel thought he'd get some nasty playtime like his brother, he was going to have to look for another toy. Anniel was done playing. She wasn't anyone's toy.

These two probably had some sort of twin bet going on to see who could get into her pants the longest. They had another thing coming.

Ashriel shot to his feet and she almost felt sorry for him. The poor bastard really had no experience...yet.

A jolt of something unpleasant squeezed her chest uncomfortably at the thought of Ashriel gaining experience. What female could resist all that muscle, that beautiful face, and those glorious black wings?

"I've got to go," he croaked, and then turned in a swirl of jet feathers and sable locks. He was out her door in a flash.

Anniel took a deep breath. Why did she suddenly feel so lonely now?

12