Dark Angel Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Ashriel grinned when he heard the guards running to their downed friend.

"He won't be walking for a while," Natanael snorted.

They walked through metal double doors and stopped at the edge of a platform. Silver, shell-shaped transports floated to them.

"You are to remain seated within these personal transports at all times. If you step out of the transport while the green boarder is lit, you will die instantly. The transports are for your safety."

Ashriel glared down at the guard who was speaking.

"We need no protection. We are holy warriors."

The guard gulped, and Ashriel imagined his eyes wide behind the black goggles he wore. His heavy breathing was audible through the respirator as Ashriel towered over him.

"Sorry, sir. It's just protocol. You must never let your feet touch the glass floor. Only stand on the metal platforms and only if your transport deactivates its force fields. If we were attacked, the force field would keep you safe within your transport."

Ashriel wanted to argue, knowing the whole safety issue was a lie. They only wanted to control their guests and monitor where they went, but that was unimportant now.

Grudgingly, he sat within one of the transports and watched the others do the same.

"This is like being in Disney," Eriel laughed, his light mood really grating on Ashriel's nerves.

As if reading his mind, Natanael looked at Ashriel and said, "That's his coping mechanism, Ash. Please don't kill him."

Eriel sat and looked from Ashriel to Natanael. "What?"

"Erie, please. Just zip it already," Natanael hissed.

Eriel snorted. "Whatever, sheesh."