All Comments on 'Dark Chocolate: A Mature Story Ch. 02'

by Iread2relax

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Age and Color Really?

Does her being older really matter? Why is skin tone such a big deal in this story? i like it, and i know they will be together. 4 stars

HateItHateItalmost 11 years ago
Awesome

Great story. Post the ending soon.

DecadentdessertDecadentdessertalmost 11 years ago
Skin Enlightenment

I am glad that you address the skin tone issue particularly in this genre. Often in the interracial category here on "Lit" and other places, writer who undertake this genre portray Black women as European to give the impression that being Black is not desirable. This history of self hate of dark skins has it deep roots in slavery. Even by today's standards dark chocolate skin on a Black person is not as marketable as their Cafe-Au-Liat counterpart.

In a large number of Black families( not all) your skin tone often depended your treatment in family acceptance. I really appreciated the part of the story where the aunt wanted to offer skin lightning cream oblivious to years of hurt that such gestures caused. In the aunts minds-eye she felt she was offering invaluable survival advice that how she showed her love.

From the origins of the first slave to ever step foot on European soil, your skin tone was clear indicator how well you were treated by Whites. It was a determinant on what type jobs you were being relegated to. The darker your skin for most "Whites" equated to the level of trust being offered. This where the division of of field Ni*** and House Ni**** got it origins. Back in the day parents would often try to lighten their kids skins by bathing them in tomato juice, milk and heavy reliance on skin lightning creams ( Michael Jackson and his sisters could have made Billions!!!) to have them accepted. Unfortunately it was a double-edge sword because Light-skinned Blacks had to deal with the reverse fall-out from their own people particularly Black women.

ariesgirlariesgirlalmost 11 years ago

I'm glad Talia finally told Richard to complete school before they start a relationship. Hopefully they will keep in contact while he is away.

blastwizardblastwizardalmost 11 years ago
WELL DONE!!!

From agism to racism love is love. You have covered the complexities of both in a respectful manner. I say respectful, because the 3 wenches in the bathroom and the aunt shows an unfortunate truth in the lives of many. You have shown us what mindful love can create when regarding learned and in some cases willful ignorance. You also showed us the importance of self respect. When you respect yourself and love who you are there are boundaries that you create for yourself. Love does not hurt. Someone putting hands on you due to their personal deficit is NEVER right. Just to be clear, dark chocolate is delishhhhh!!! A little cream in my mocha frappuccino sets my Funday off!!! We love who we love and as long as it is respectfully done, there is no need to hate.

58935893almost 11 years ago
Skin Color

In college my Organic Chem. prof told our class that the difference between the milky white Irish lass and the darkest blue black skin tone was about 2 tablespoons of skin pigment. Isn't it crazy that we have let that little bit of chemical make so much difference in this world and NONE of it for the better.

Good job in looking at this issue...loving this story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Still Awesome

I so agree with the comments of Decadent and I must admit I have yet to read an AA romance or any romance, for that matter,so well written. Now I'm hurrying to the next segment !!

DoctimeDoctimeover 10 years ago
Well written

You have good story lines, a few typos here and there, but the story flows well. BUT GIRL, this is literotica. The stars are black, but the sex is vanilla!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
who could

eat a chocolate turd

Alpha_MarmAlpha_Marmover 9 years ago
Gutless assholes

The comment from anonymous dated 1/7/14 was ignorant and offensive; clearly the individual is an asshole and a coward. No one twisted said asshole's arm to read the story. If said asshole comes back to the story; kindly do us readers a favor and place the turd coming out of your ass in your idiot mouth where it rightfully belongs. Jackass!!! Jerkoffs like you are a menace and annoying.....don't like a story....don't read it,,,, just that simple. I really despise idiots like you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userIread2relax@Iread2relax
1299 Followers
3/19/2020 Life is what happens to you while you are living. COVID19---- Thus times are making me realize that we won't be here long. Today, many people have been dealt horrible blows, but life goes on and the world keeps turning. 200 stories, I have written 200 stories. ...