Dark Magic Ch. 03

Story Info
The Source.
4.2k words
4.57
12.8k
9

Part 3 of the 7 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 06/17/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Scripts from the Great Library of Nycene:

"The Elvish Wars":

At some point during the peak of the Ancients' global domination, a new race of intelligent beings made themselves known. These beings, termed "elves" in the Ancient script are of unknown origins. It is believed that they came in relative peace, wishing only to live with the Ancients and contribute to their society.

A fair number of the humans inhabiting the world welcomed the elves, but the majority did not and declared war on who they perceived to be invaders. What followed was a long and bloody conflict that left many elves, and even more humans dead which will be detailed in the pages that follow. It marked the end of the era of the Ancients, their population dwindled to a fraction of what it had been...

Chapter 3 - The Source

"How many stories up are we?" I asked Celeste, who seemed to be much more adept at exploring the large, tall building than I was. She leapt and bound across obstacles and sheer, dangerous ledges while I carefully maneuvered myself and my treasure pack along with all the grace of a mule.

The wood nymph paused and looked down a large hole she was standing next to, "Maybe twenty? A little over halfway to the top."

"Something tells me we have to go all the way to the top," I mused. I did not like high places, which made scaling this tower a great chore. But no one ever said treasure hunting was supposed to be easy.

"What a weird word," Celeste was saying, picking her way to the very dubious remains of an ancient staircase, "'stories'"

I shrugged, following her, "It's an Ancient word. One of the many that remained in our dialect. Even if we don't know their origins, we know what they mean at least," I grinned childishly, "Like 'fuck' and 'cunt'."

"You do certainly know what those mean," Celeste returned, walking up the stairs like they were still gloriously intact, "Now stop talking and start walking."

"You could slow down, you know," I offered, slowly making my own way up the stairs, "We humans aren't as agile as elves."

We made our way along, Celeste swiftly, me more slowly, and by noon, we had reached the twenty fifth story.

"Only five from the top," Celeste announced, peering up toward the blue sky and sunlight above us, "And no signs of treasure."

"It's here," I panted, sitting down on a ledge and pulling a light lunch of bread and hard cheese out of my treasure pack, "One of my runes was activated. It only is when I'm near sources of magic. There's treasure. And it's close."

Celeste sat next to me and took the food I offered. "How does one come up with such clever runes?"

"Practice," I responded, taking a bite of cheese, "Lots and lots of practice. And bending a few rules."

"Where did you first learn magic?" she asked.

I didn't like talking about my past. It was where it belonged, behind me. But Celeste was not trying to pry, she was only curious. And for some reason I found talking to her comfortable. "From a state mage believe it or not," I answered, "He's been dead for some time now. Executed."

"I'm sorry," Celeste sounded genuine.

I shrugged, "He was too bold. Broke the rules right out in the open where his fellow state mages could easily get to him. He was the one who taught me about tattooing runes, and he paid the price."

"What was his name?"

I froze mid-chew on a piece of bread. "That will have to remain a mystery for now, nymph," I said, standing and brushing crumbs off my tunic and breeches, "Come on. I want to reach the top soon."

Celeste stood and said nothing about my refusal to name my master. To do so would have been a mistake, and I knew it. Anyone who knew anything about mages knew the name of my master and I did not want Celeste to associate me with him. Not yet at least.

"It's in here," I said when we reached the top floor half an hour later. The structure was more intact this far up, free from the negative effects of the forest below and I stood before a wooden door, ornate in design but slowly rotting away from exposure to wind and rain.

"Are you sure?" Celeste asked, placing a hand on my shoulder and peering curiously at the door.

I nodded, "Positive." My treasure seeking rune burned hot and steady and I murmured a word to deactivate it.

"Then let's go," Celeste offered and stepped forward, grabbing the seam of the door and pulling it toward us.

Inside the room was pitch black, which was odd considering how well lit the rest of the building had been. What was even more curious was the inside of the door, which now faced us, having been swung wide open.

"It's...," Celeste gasped, approaching it slowly.

"It is," I marveled.

The wood was untarnished. Glossy and new, as if it had not stood abandoned for hundreds of years. The looping and whirling designs carved into it's surface were clear and complex. Untouched.

"Come on," I said, and stepped toward the room's opening, my heart beating hard in my chest. None of my wards were warning me of danger, but my stomach still clenched nervously as I pressed forward.

Celeste filed in behind me and when I murmured the casting for my orb of light, we both audibly sucked air in complete awe when the view of the room was illuminated.

"Just like the door," Celeste commented.

I was silent.

We were in a completely untouched room. Red fabric covered the floor in a thick layer and the incredibly realistic paintings that the Ancients were known for covered the walls, looking brand new in their metal frames. There were no windows, and at one end of the space was a large desk, made of the same dark wood as the door, shiny and new. And on this desk, centered among the scattering of small, unknown tools and miraculously fresh pieces of paper was a glass orb, supported by an ornate, brass pedestal.

The orb itself was about the size of my head, the pedestal of a similar diameter. I stepped across the room, and saw within its depths a swirling, black smoke. Forks of lighting flashed and danced along the smoke's surface as it broiled within it's glass prison.

"Definitely magic," I observed.

"There's writing on the pedestal," Celeste pointed out and I followed her pointing finger, "It's elvish. At least part of it."

"The other part is Ancient script," I said, "I can translate if you can do the elvish."

Celeste nodded and spoke, "It says, 'For our allies and friends, the people of Roc Hester we offer a symbol of our trust and admiration'"

"Not Hester Roc?" I asked.

"I suppose it probably should be," Celeste nodded, "But here the words are reversed and combined."

"Hmm," I said and read the Ancient script a few times before settling on a rough translation. "The script says, 'The Source, to be used to further better the people of Roc Hester through the gift of elvish magic'"

"What's 'The Source'?" Celeste asked and I shrugged.

"I have no idea," I admitted, "But whatever it is, it's much older than the Magic Wars, the Ancient script was out of use long before then in favor of scripting runes. Judging by the context of the text I'm guessing it dates back to the middle of the Elvish Wars. Apparently the people in this particular city sided with the elves."

"That's amazing," Celeste breathed and I agreed. Most treasure, if not all treasure, was left behind by human mages during the Magic Wars. No artifacts that I knew of came from the Elvish Wars, they were simply too old. If this orb was indeed that old, then I had just stumbled across the greatest find of my career.

"Help me get it into my pack," I said, "I don't want to touch it."

Celeste gave me a questioning look, and I held up my right arm, "I don't know what it does which means I don't know how it will react to my runes. It could kill me. I've seen artifacts burn incautious mages to a pile of ashes."

She nodded in understanding and reached forward, grabbing the orb and wincing as she did so. Nothing happened. The smoke inside continued to broil, lighting continued to dance. She lifted it easily and placed it inside my open pack. I shut the flap and pulled the string tight.

"That was less exciting than I expected," Celeste giggled and I smiled back.

"Sometimes treasure hunting is pretty routine stuff," I said and gave a hard look around the room, "This place is so bizarre though. How could it remain intact after so many years? I bet it looks the same as it did during the Elvish Wars."

"That orb must have something to do with it," Celeste said, "The Source. Maybe it preserved the room to keep itself safe. I've heard of artifacts being able to protect themselves."

"That's true," I nodded, "Come on. I want to get back to camp and examine this further."

We exited the room and I extinguished the orb of light. Soon after leaving, a resounding 'crack' sprang up behind us, causing us both to jump. I whirled around just in time to see the far wall of the room crumbling away, letting sunlight pour in and illuminating the rest of the space.

In the revealing light, the room was old and dilapidated, as it should have been. The desk was nothing but a pile of rotted wood and the fabric on the floor was eaten away in most spots, in others it was grey and thin. Large portions of the floor were gone.

The room had become like the rest of building. Old and forgotten. Just like that.

"You can't stop time," I mused, frowning, "Hold it back for a while maybe. But once the dam breaks, it all comes crashing in. Nothing's immortal."

"Poetic," Celeste smiled and turned her back on the room, "Come on. We've got a long trip down."

I nodded and steeled myself for the second half of harrowing journey through the Hester Roc tower.

"What exactly are you doing?" Celeste asked later that afternoon, after we had made it back to the first floor of the tower and our campsite.

I was seated on a low wall that had once been a partition, hunched over my right arm, murmuring complex castings. I had been like that for the past twenty minutes, and Celeste's nymphish curiosity was getting the best of her.

"Deactivating these runes," I said softly, trying not to break my concentration.

Activating runes was easy, but deactivating them, especially when they were tattooed directly into your skin, was more difficult, requiring a careful series of castings.

"So you can handle the orb," Celeste said in understanding.

"That's right," I nodded and spoke the last few words I needed, holding my breath, waiting for it to work. One mispronounced or skipped over word would render my efforts useless.

I felt a shiver run through my arm as my runes deactivated. The two that warned me of Celeste and her dagger's presence fell silent. Success.

"Bring me the pack," I told Celeste, "Let's hope that was enough."

"What do you mean?" she asked, carrying over the orb, "If your runes all all deactivated, shouldn't you be safe?"

"There's one rune I can't deactivate," I explained, taking the pack from her, "The one on my back. I designed it to be incorruptible. For safety reasons."

"May I see it?" Celeste asked, staring at my back intently.

"Sure," I shrugged and placed the pack down on the ground before tugging of my tunic.

Celeste moved behind me and traced her fingers along the red ink that spread across the expanse of my back in jagged, complex patterns. It ran from between my shoulder blades to the small of my back. A joint collaboration of design between myself and my old friend and frequent buyer, Seth, it was my greasiest accomplishment to date in casting. Receiving it had been painful and costly, but it had saved my life on numerous occasions.

"What does it do?" Celeste asked, still exploring and causing shivers of pleasure to race down my spine at her feathering touch.

"I hope you don't have to find out," I said, bending and reaching into my pack to grab the orb, "Now wouldn't you like to find out more about this orb?"

"You are just full of secrets," Celeste smiled slyly, coming out in front of me and sitting crossed legged on the soft ground while I pulled out the orb, feeling my back burn slightly upon contact, but abating quickly.

As far as I could tell, the orb was permanently affixed to the brass pedestal, since the two had not come apart in the pack. It was light, most of the weight to be found in the metal, and did not appear to react to outside stimuli. Beside the scripts in elvish and Ancient writing, there were no other markings. Just the glass orb and the plain pedestal.

"Not even runes," I said, turning over the object for a fifth time, trying to catch something I had missed, "It's just an orb."

"But what's the smoke inside?" Celeste ventured, "I think that's the key piece of interest for this particular treasure."

I nodded my agreement, "But it doesn't react to anything. And if I try to use a casting on it, who knows what will happen." I peered at Celeste with inquisitive eyes, "Now would be a good time to tell me your age. If you were around during the Elvish Wars..."

"Slow down there," Celeste smirked, "I'm not nearly that old. Decades, not centuries. I don't even come close to the Magic Wars, much less the Elvish."

"Thought I'd ask," I said and fell silent, thinking for a long moment, losing myself in the swirling black smoke and lightning within the orb, before speaking again, "We need to find an expert."

"In magic orbs?" Celeste grinned.

"In the Elvish Wars...," I trailed off and frowned deeply, "And I know one. But..."

"But what?"

"He's in Nycene."

Celeste nodded, understanding. I couldn't go to Nycene. I hadn't been able to for years. One foot stepped into that city and I was as good as dead. Every state mage knew my face by now, and given my history they all had fair reason to spot-execute me.

"Come on," I sighed, standing up and placing the orb in my pack, "Let's eat. Then we can make a plan."

Dinner consisted of dried jerky and the cheese left over from lunch. I had kept my tunic off, enjoying the late summer air on my skin as I chatted with Celeste about nothing at all. We were growing more comfortable with each other hour by hour. It was unusual for me to get so close to another person, but she was so easy going and curious that she drew me in.

"So how old were you when you left Lake Land?" I asked as I gathered up a bundle of wood for a fire.

"I was in Lake Land for twenty years," Celeste answered, using the sticks I brought her to build a sturdy structure in the fire pit, "But I won't tell you how long ago that was."

"Don't need to," I said, dropping my load of larger logs next to the pit and stretching my muscles. It was hot and I was sweating. Celeste watched appreciatively from the ground, not trying to hide her gaze. "So were you kicked out or did you leave on your own?"

"Left on my own," Celeste said as I crouched next to her and lit the fire with one murmur of casting. My runes had reactivated easily after I was finished with the orb. "But not before I tried to seduce an elf male out of my caste."

"Tried?" I grinned, and sat back on the blanket I had spread, supporting myself on the my palms.

"He was too scared to...uh...perform," Celeste giggled and came over to me, straddled my thighs and draped her arms over my shoulders. "Very unlike a certain human male I've recently had the pleasure of meeting."

I arched an eyebrow and stared into the depths of her eyes, "So what do you want to try tonight?" I asked, my cock growing hard between us.

"Hmmmm," Celeste hummed, appearing to think, rubbing her palms across my chest, "How about you decide. You have a look that says you know exactly what you want tonight."

"Well...," I said with a mischievous grin, "I wasn't thinking this until right now, but...have you ever truly came before?"

"Excuse me?" Celeste laughed.

"You know," I said, "Female ejaculation. You ever spray some of that delicious cum of your's a little. Drives me crazy when women can. I can teach you."

"And how did you discover this little trick of yours?" Celeste asked skeptically, but I could feel the temperature of her mound rise by degrees through her clothing.

"Same way you learn all your secret tricks I've yet to discover," I said, "Experience."

"Fine," Celeste said, pushing on my chest and standing up, "But tomorrow I get to pick what we do."

"Deal," I grinned.

Celeste stripped off her tunic and breeches quickly, baring herself completely to me. Her lips were already full and red with arousal, and I could see a small trail of her juices running down her thigh.

"I think you'll be a great squirter," I said, patting the blanket next to me, "You're cunt is always so juicy to begin with. Now come lie down and spread your thighs for me."

She did, falling back onto her elbows so she could get a view of what I was going to do with her, leaving me enough room between her legs so I could crouch on my knees.

"Do you know where your g-spot is?" I asked, taking my index finger and sliding it into her channel.

Celeste nodded, "It's right...there!" she cried as I pressed the tip of my finger hard on the tight bundle of nerves I had discovered the night we had met.

"Right," I nodded, continuing to rub against it, adding another finger to join the first, "It's the key to this."

"Well it already feels...so good," Celeste panted, trying hard to keep her hips still from undulating.

I pulled out my fingers and licked the cum off of them before holding up three fingers. "Now when I start rubbing against you g-spot again, you're going to feel a building pressure. When it reaches it's peak. Just let go. Trust me."

Celeste nodded and I shoved my fingers into her. She cried and arched her hips, a small trickle of cum ran down the back of my hand as I rubbed hard against her spot, feeling it start to swell.

"How does that feel?" I asked, but Celeste's thrusting hips and leaky cunt told me all I needed to know, "Do you feel the pressure yet?"

"Y...yes!" she moaned, "It's...I think I'm almost...fuck..."

Sweat gleamed all over her skin. She was in intense rapture after only a few moments of stimulation and I was impressed. Most women took a while for their first time, but Celeste was a natural.

"Just let go," I growled and rubbed harder, "Don't hold back."

"I...am...FUCK!" Celeste cried out.

Her channel spasmed around me and a stream of cum sprang from her cunt and splattered against my chest. Another jet hit my stomach while the third reached the hight of the first. She was quaking against the floor, her hips jerking and humping against my trapped fingers, cum squirting everywhere. I could smell it in the air and on my skin. Some got near my lips and I licked it up, amazed at her natural ability.

"Fuck, Celeste," I said when her orgasm finally started to subside. Oily rivers of her spray were running down my chest and stomach and she was panting hard, her head thrown back in ecstasy.

"That felt amazing," she groaned, "Sorry I got it all over you."

"Don't be," I assured, standing and pulling down my breeches and displaying my raging member, "It turned me on so fucking much. Get on all fours, I have to fuck you now before I explode."

She complied, offering her dripping cunt to me. I entered her in one hard thrust, her cum squelching out around my cock as I immediately picked up a hammering pace. After seeing her cum like that I knew I had to have at least two rounds in me that night, and I needed to get the first one out before it drove me insane.

"Harder!" she cried and used her own hand to stimulate her clit while I pounded harder into her, "Make me squirt again. I loved it. Make me..."

Celeste trailed off as a small squirt of cum sprayed from our joining from a micro orgasm. She convulsed around me and I came from the sensation, dumping a heavy load of my own cum inside her. I pulled out and a dribble of our mixed juices cascaded out of her stretched cunt.

12