Dark Serenity Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He was brought out of his thought process by a hard slap across the face. "Don't you even fucking dare. You don't know him like I know him."

"Oh I forgot you vamps could read minds, I should've put up my mental blocks. Look, Sweetie, I know that you are upset about your asshole of a master you call a boyfriend, but the fact remains that he shimmered his manwhore demonic ass in my house and attacked me for no reason. And not only that, my cute little vampire, but that damn demon is probably out there right now taking some poor innocent's soul from their body and their family, and I can't let that happen. Now if you don't mind, I need to put in a few phone calls," Jackson said, turning around to the coffee table and reaching for his cell phone.

But before he could even get to it Eliza was right there in front of him, crushing the cell phone in pieces. "Listen to me. You don't know Sage like I do."

Jackson just huffed at the stupid statement she dared make. "I know him well enough to kill the fucker if I choose too, sweetheart. Look I understand that you said you loved him, despite your feelings for me, but that monster damaged my pride by coming here, and trying to possibly fuck me. Now I know that vampires tend to have a evil cruel side, so you might like the idea of him fucking me 'til I dead, but I won't let that happen, it's sick, he's sick, and he's evil. He won't be happy til his victims are lying in a pool of their own vomit." Jackson felt another stinging slap go across his face as his words left his mouth.

"You have some fucking nerve, you know that? All you hunters are basically all the same. You can't get past the fact that there's monsters out there that just want to live normal lives, but all of you are too fucking bull headed to understand that. We all don't live up to Hollywood's stereotypes ya know. You don't know a thing about Sage. He is not the sick twisted individual you make him out to be."

"Look sweetie don't get pissy with me because your boyfriend can't keep his dick in his pants, and have to kill people while doing it."

"He does not kill most of his victims, and believe me the ones he does always have it coming to them. You don't know Sage like I know him, unlike some incubi he does not just go out his way and hurt people for the hell of it, and believe it or not there are some incubi and succubi that are just your average demons that have to feed in order to survive and some don't kill their victims," she said, justifying herself and all the other monsters that are out there that are just trying to live their live.

Jackson just stood there, staring down at her with a glare on his face. He wasn't the type to fall all over a beautiful woman, especially a woman that can suck him dry, and not in a good way. And not only that, he wasn't involved with any women romantically since Anna. Ever since her murder he has been a "wham-bam thank you ma'am" type of guy. But now as he stood there staring at her, seeing the pain in her eyes as she tried to defend her boyfriend's case, he was getting funny feelings inside him. 'Was it love?' he wondered to himself, or was it that he just didn't like seeing a woman cry and hated being the cause of it, even if she was a monster? He had too many thoughts running through his mind at that moment

"How do I know I should trust anything you say, little lady? I mean we just met not to long ago, we were making out before your boyfriend attacked me out of nowhere, and then you said you love me, so your boyfriend would decline on murdering me. So why should I listen to you? I mean I'm pretty sure you said you loved me for your own personal gain."

"You could be right about that, but you should think over in your head what you just said. You can't explain properly without being confused yourself. But I do love you, I always have, so why do you think I would betray your trust, and harm you myself? Not to mention I can't even begin to harm you anyway. I have no idea what you are in the first place. But please, you have to listen to me. Sage is hurting right now, and it's all because of me. I can't help the fact that I might be in love with two men, and now I feel conflicted for it," Eliza said. She'd finally had enough crying. Her face moistened to softness as the tears dried up on her face. She would do her best not to see either one of her lovers meet their demise because of her.

Jackson continued to stare down at her, contemplating on what to do next. He was about to say something, but the sound of a loud, urgent banging on the door stopped him.

Steadily rushing over to it, he opened the door to see his fellow officer Denmark standing on the front porch in his police uniform.

"There's a hostage situation on at the theater on 64th Madison. We need you and Tony to get your ass down there quick, the situation can turn for the worse."

"I'll be on my way as soon as I can." Jackson assured him, shutting the door he turned back around looking at Eliza, who had a strange look of relief on her face.

"I guess your boyfriend lucked out this time around, doll face. As I know you have heard our little bonding time have to end now. I won't be coming back tonight so you either can stay here or leave. It's all up to you."

Jackson went into his living room closet to retrieve his back up uniform. Striping his bloody clothes from earlier, he was glad that he was not the average human on account he was able to heal from the injuries Sage inflicted upon him at a much quicker pace. He knew he was different ever since he started high school, but he didn't know what he was in particular. He tried going to his mother about it but she always refused to talk about it. As he was putting on the last article of clothing he felt a hand grab his shoulder. Without turning fully around he just looked over his shoulder at his little vampire. His eyes widened at the thought of that woman being his.

"I know how you feel about Sage and me, and I probably shouldn't say this but....ummm...umm." She shrugged her shoulders at the hardship of saying the words that were causing conflicting emotions. "Umm, just be careful okay, you are too damn bullheaded, and prideful and that can be you downfall." He just let out a little chuckle as he made his way to the door.

"It's always been duly noted, sweet face. Catch ya later."

"How can you be so sure that you will see me again?" she asked.

"Because I know." And with that, Jackson walked out the door, leaving Eliza there, utterly with her thoughts.

~vVv~

"Heeeeeeelllllllppppppp, somebody please me." Sage's flight was cut abruptly at the frantic cries of a young girl down below. With his supernatural senses he was able to smell the fear from the girl, and the nasty snitch of arousal from the demon that was attacking her.

"Nooo don't please. I am sorry for whatever I did, please just let me go."

"Not a chance girly. You awoken my inner beast by just passing through this bridge"

Sage could detect the demon was a troll beast, and he was harming a young girl in her late teens. Without a furthers notice Sage swooped down like a predator about to take his prey and landed with a loud thud right next to them. They both around shocked to see him there.

"Did you not hear the young lady? She said leave her alone trollop. Get your filthy fucking hands off her now."

There were many things Sage did not like, and the unjustified harm of innocents was one of them. It had never sat right with him whenever demons—or humans for that matter—went out of their way for a cheap thrill.

The troll just stood there with his big meaty hands still around the girl's neck. He looked Sage up and down with a raised eyebrow.

"And who you are supposed to be? Her pimp?"

"No dipshit. I just hate seeing demons that think they are so damn tough and big and bad harm innocent little girls just to prove their worth," Sage said, leaning against the brick wall.

"So tell me troll, when you go back to your troll friends will you tell them that you took an army of rabid vampires addicted to black crystal, while battling rouge werewolves so you can be in the limelight? But in reality the only way you can show your worth is by picking on little human girls." The troll was pissed now. Throwing the girl to the side, turned around the monster charged at Sage, angered. Sage couldn't help but to feel somewhat sorry for this troll because the way it's stance was a sure fire way he would lose this short battle.

The moment the troll came in contact with Sage, sage gave him a punch to the face, sending him back a few steps. The troll was ready to move again until Sage gave him few more good punches, knocking him down on the ground.

The troll recovered quickly, and did his best to attempt to hurt Sage, but all he could manage was to tackle Sage to the ground. Sage quickly recovered, and rolled on top of the troll, shoving his face into the gravel.

Taking his two hands, he put them on either side of the troll's head and, after waiting for a second, absorbed all of its energy. He could hear the troll screaming in pain as he did this, and for a split second Sage wondered why he hadn't done this to that blond-haired jackass that was kissing Eliza. But that didn't matter just then because he had the feeling he'd meet that man again, and that time would be very soon.

Once the troll's screams died down he looked at his prey. The troll was now lifeless, and wouldn't be harming anyone else. Sage could smell all the innocent lives he had taken just because it was a cheap thrill. Getting up off the troll, Sage walked over to the girl who was passed out on the sidewalk from when the troll had roughly knocked her down.

She looked to be in her late teens or early twenties. Scooping her up in his arms he already knew he what he needed to do. Although he'd absorbed all the trolls' energy, he was still kind of hungry, and was in the mood for something sweet to take his mind off Eliza. Hopefully when the girl awoke she would be alright and would be a consenting dessert before he sent her off somewhere safe, after wiping her memory, of course.

Looking over to the troll again, Sage noticed the area they were in wouldn't be deserted for long. It was the type of area where the drug addicts like to dwindle, and criminals had free reign. He would have to make a quick phone call to clean up the mess before anyone saw.

He readjusted the girl in his arms and threw her over his shoulder, shimmering in the night.

~vVv~

"Oh it took your pretty boy asses long enough to get here." Jackson's and Tony's captain said upon them arriving.

"Ahh captain I am so flattered that you finally notice on how pretty I am, after all this time I felt like my efforts are futile." Jackson said sarcastically.

"Yeah, I know what you mean brother. I have my uniforms altered even tighter just so he can notice my awesome pecks, and sweet biceps, I am now glad that it has finally paid off." They both joked to each other.

"Hush it you two. This is a hostage situation, not amateur joke night at some sleaze ball dump night club."

"Well captain you are the one that started it." Jack said in sing song voice. He quieted it down when his captain gave him an angry glare, but the smirk was still there.

"Oh come on captain, I was just teasing, and making fun, hell we are going to need it in this type of situation. So what's going on?"

"Well you wouldn't believe me if I told you. But some morons dresses up as Mr. Hyde and decided to take the audience hostage. They calm they can do some real damage if they don't get what they want."

"What do they want?" this came from Tony.

"Don't know. I am dumbfounded at the fact that somebody want to hold a theater hostage, I mean what's the point?" with a quick second, Jackson was able to get a read on the whole situation at hand.

Apparently, a few theatre actors where putting on the stage performance of Dr. Jekyll, and Mr. Hyde for a small group of theatre major's, and everything turn for the worse when four of the actors actually turn out to be the murderous Mr. Hyde himself, and decided to hold the audience hostage. For whatever reason why, he does not know. His scans were interrupted when another loud boom came from the building.

Everyone that was chattering went dead silent at the noise, and was quick to pull their guns out; while Jackson and Tony did the same thing.

All of the police force just stood there quiet waiting on orders from their captain, until there was another loud boom came from the building. This time around it was accompanied by screams. People were in there dying of horrible deaths, and no one had any solution to fix it, except for Jackson. Something within him was just tempted to run in there, and play hero.

"Captain what are the orders?" one officer said.

"Hold fire til my command. We have no idea what's going on, and we can't go in there blindsided."

"But sir we can't be foolish enough, and just sit here when there are innocent lives at stake. There should be at least one of us to find out what they want."

"Yeah, that would be a good idea, so I can tell another family this week that their loved has died in the line of duty. No one should make any move until my command, is that clear."

"Crystal clear." Another officer said.

"Are you that fucking dense or what captain? You can't just sit here and do nothing while there are so many lives that can end instantly. Somebody needs to go in, and do something."

"And who that person might be hotshot? Is there some super hero coming down to earth and save us, huh? Will superman or batman come in just in the knick of time to defuse this situation? Watch your fucking tone with me boy, and stay behind the lines."

'Boooooooom' this time around the noise was louder, and was again accompanied with even more screams. Jackson could smell fresh blood fill his nostrils, and panic set in. He could see the few dead bodies laying there in their own blood at the hands of these monsters.

"Damn it captain there's already a body count racking up in there, somebody needs to go in there and do something before it gets worse." And with those words Jackson saw the attempted murder of a young boy and his mother. The fear in their eyes was too much for him to bear, and before he knew it, Jackson was running towards the building with such ferocity, that no one could stop him.

The angry yells of his captain shouting his name was a distant memory behind him, as he finally made his way into the building before: 'Booooooom' was all he heard, before falling to the ground.

He saw the hideous face, of a large disfigured humanoid like beast stalk over to him, with salvia dripping from its fangs. The last thought he had before passing out was:

"Damn, that was a dumbass move."

*

Okay everyone I will stop until next time. Until then you can follow me on Twitter for updates, and other things I be jabbering about. Just type in # Queen_Vicki05.

12