Dark Sun Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

León gave a groan and took the glass from her. He drank large gulps of the cool liquid before passing it back to Catherine.

["León, what do you want us to do?"] Alonso asked.

Catherine sighed over the sudden secrecy; she couldn't stop feeling slighted as they began to speak in French.

["Catherine is my priority now."] He said.

Though his comment was aimed at Alonso his attention was firmly rooted on Catherine. She looked away refusing to be drawn into the sadness of his eyes.

Catherine sat on the chair beside the bed and ran her hands through her hair. The watch on her wrist told her that is was six am. She had to contact Sean and let him know that she was okay, but she doubted León would allow her near a phone.

"Mrs. Dubois I will show you to your room." Alonso said jarring Catherine from her thoughts.

"It's Ms. Finnegan." She corrected.

León gave a small laugh and Catherine sent him a scathing glare before following Alonso out of the bedroom. Once they were in the hallway Catherine decided to ask about a phone.

"There is one in your room. León said that you would want to contact your fiancé." Alonso said. Catherine was startled by what he had just said.

"Yes. Then I would like to leave." She said.

Alonso remained quite. They passed numerous doors before he opened one. Catherine felt her jaw dropped. The room was not as opulent as León's nor did it match the theme and décor of the mason.

It was simple, painted in a soft blue hue. A large queen sized bed was set against the wall. Flowers graced the varnished dresser and side table. The bedroom resembled her childhood room in North Bend.

"He remembered." She whispered, feeling her eyes well with tears.

All that was missing were the photographs but that did not lessen the effect. Catherine felt like she was home.

"You are always on the mind of the Artashir." Alonso said, as though that explained everything. "Would you like your phone call now?" he asked pointing at the phone on the dresser.

"yes and then..." Catherine asked, hoping that she would be free to go.

"And then you will stay until the Artashir says otherwise."

........................

12