Date with Destiny-Demon Style Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"It's her!" One of the soldiers yelled. "She's the one who has it!"

The others turned to face her, their red and yellow eyes widening at the sight of the red fire twisting around her hands. Some shouted orders, others rushed towards the door. All of them were panicked. All of them knew what was coming, even if she didn't.

With one last warning roar, the tiles of her room separated, letting loose a surge of crimson flames into her room. They whipped around the room like serpents, wrapping around those demons unfortunate enough to be caught and crushing them, engulfing the poor hellions in red flames and letting the ashes drop to the floor.

She watched in fascination, understanding slowly creeping into her mind. So this was her Hellfire Hammer. This is what made it so powerful and why Emiline wanted her so badly. No doubt the witch knew that Kara possessed the power, but there was little chance she knew the extent of the damage it could inflict. A weapon like this could ensure her rule eternally.

The demon that was holding her down became encased by the flames, but Kara was still too tired to move. She remembered Lucifer's words back in the dungeon. He had warned her that the Hammer required a tremendous amount of control and strength to wield. That it would leave her exhausted once used.

She watched as the last of the demons was captured and set ablaze, its ashes falling into a heap on the tiles. Their task complete, the flames sank back down between the crevices between the tiles, leaving the floor as it had started. The smaller flames that had wrapped around her hands gave her fingers one last caress before disappearing back into the deepest depths of Hell.

Her mind reeling, she observed Lucifer straightened himself, his wings spreading out and shaking off the ashes of former demons. Bending down, he sifted through a pile and pulled up a key. He unlocked his shackles, letting them and the key drop to the floor. He spun and strode towards her, his golden eyes frantic. He knelt beside her, reaching out and cupping her face in his hands.

"Kara? Kara!" He shouted at her, his voice growing distant. His features blurred, the colors of the room slowly melding together.

She opened her mouth to speak, but she was too tired to say anything. Her body felt lifeless, her control of her mind slipping away. She just wanted to sleep. That was all she wanted . . . to sleep. Her eyes fluttered for a moment before finally closing, leaving her in darkness.

* * *

Her eyes flickered open. Her vision was blurry, but not damaged. Her mind was fuzzy though, still reeling from the assault she'd rendered on those guards. Mentally, she was unharmed, though a little dizzy. Her body, however, felt like it had been in a ten car pile-up. Every muscle ached. Even her bones hurt.

Who the fuck ran me over?

"Welcome back." Lucifer's voice, muffled and distant, broke through the whirling mess of confusion and exhaustion.

She turned her head to look at him. Her vision was clearing, but the demon king remained a hazy outline. She could see the black of his wings, the gold of his skin and the bright amber of his eyes. The rest of him was still blurred.

"What happened?" She sat up, her sheets tucked tightly around her. The movement made her dizzy, and she closed her eyes to stop the room from spinning.

"You used your Hammer. And quite effectively, I might add."

"Oh." She held her head with one hand, trying to stop the spots flashing in her eyes. "I'm dizzy."

"I can imagine. I warned you that power would require strength. The fact that you're even awake is a feat in itself." He sat down on the side of the bed, watching her.

She groaned and opened her eyes. Her mind had stopped spinning, making her vision return to normal. She saw Lucifer's smiling face, his golden eyes watching her. He reached down and brought up a fist-sized green apple.

"Here. I don't know much about the Hammer itself, but food is a universal bandage for hangovers." He grinned.

"OHMYGODFOOD!" She snatched the apple out of hand with lightening speed, hunger searing her gut.

She bought it to her mouth and bit down into the sour flesh, reveling in the tart taste on her tongue. She took more huge bites, devouring the fruit in seconds. How long had it been since she'd eaten? Days? It certainly felt like it, yet her body had functioned normally despite the lack of nourishment.

Lucifer laughed. "Yes, I know. Demon bodies are incredible, aren't they? Even half-bloods like yourself are amazingly resilient. You can go weeks without eating as long as your body has enough energy to keep moving. In your case, however, using your Hammer drained whatever strength you had left."

She cocked her head, her mouth full. "Why weren't you burned?"

He smiled. "Well, that's the thing about the Hammer. It only attacks those its host deems as enemies. Since you didn't consider me a threat, the fire left me untouched."

"Huh."

He brought up another apple which she consumed quickly. Sated, she leaned back against the headboard and closed her eyes. Even with two paltry apples in her, her body had begun to repair itself. Cuts healed, bruises faded, her energy restored. She opened her eyes again, staring at the sheer fabric that made up the bed's canopy.

"Lucifer?" her voice was soft, questioning.

"Yes?"

She chewed her lip. "Why me? Why did I get this thing?"

Out of the corner of her eye, she watched him shrug. "No one really knows how the carrier is picked. Our best guess is that the Hammer itself, or rather, the power of the Hammer, chooses its host."

"Huh." She continued to stare at the filmy fabric, wondering if maybe it held the secret to her gift.

No. she couldn't focus on discovering why she had this power. There were more important things to do, like stop Emiline from killing the three men she could honestly say she loved. That was the most essential issue to handle. She had to go now. The longer she stayed in bed, the more she feared she was too late.

Panicked, she threw back the blankets and swung her legs over the side of the bed. She pushed herself off and stood up, wobbling as blood rushed to her head and clouded her vision. She felt Lucifer's hands on her shoulders, his grip steadying her.

"Easy. You just used the most powerful force know to anyone or anything. You shouldn't be moving so hastily."

She shook her head to clear the clogs. "If I don't move, they'll be killed and Emiline will go even more psycho-nuts."

For once, Lucifer actually shut up. She watched him watch her, wary of her condition. As much as he may hate to admit it, she was right. They had to save the princes or they were fucked for sure.

Her vision cleared again. Noticing she had her equilibrium back, Lucifer removed his hands from her shoulders and stepped back to give her some room.

She swallowed, giving herself mental once-over to make sure everything was in working order. Her body passed the test, thankfully. Looking around, she spotted her pile of clothing and made her way to it. Pulling on her clothes, she wondered how long it would take Emiline to figure out what happened to her guards. She by no means a genius, but the woman wasn't stupid, either. It wouldn't be long before she sent a fresh batch down to collect her, and Kara didn't have the stamina for another Hammer assault.

She pulled her shirt over her head and straightened the fabric out. Looking down, she thought how funny it was that she was wearing a Vader shirt. The baddest baddie in star Wars was on her side, fighting the bitchiest bitch in Hell.

Can you just feel the irony?

"Miss Haven."

She turned to see Lucifer holding her beloved meteor hammer. He smiled at her, launching the heavy ball towards her. She grabbed it easily, yanking it back so the chain came with it. Lucifer let the thin links slide through his fingers, watching her as she gave the weapon a few experimental swings. Yep, she still had it. Even she couldn't use if the Hellfire just yet, she could still use this hammer.

"Shall we go, my dear?" Lucifer stepped beside her, still smiling his annoying grin.

She sighed mentally. Some people won't change no matter how many times you smack them on the head.

She nodded. "Let's."

He bowed, swinging one arm out. "After you, princess."

She rolled her eyes and too off running, stopping to open the door to her room. She gave the carved demon one last look before she ran. The smiling creature seemed to be cheering her on, dancing around the bodies of damned souls out of joy for her victory. Well, at least someone thought she could do it.

She looked back, glad to see that Lucifer was right behind her. She wouldn't let him get away from fighting this time. No, sir. He was going to be right there with her whether he liked it or not.

She pushed through her door, her bare feet making almost no sound on the cold tile of the hall. The door slammed shut behind them, signaling their exit from safety and their entrance into the unknown. She took one last look to make sure Lucifer was still there before sprinting down the hall toward the selection room. As she ran, the voice of Maximus Meridius from Gladiator resounded in her mind.

At my signal, unleash hell.

 

* * *

 

She raced down the hall, Lucifer trailing after her. He kept his distance, knowing how angry and vengeful she was. She was in no mood for games. She was in the mood for ass kicking and saving princes in distress. Making jokes or trying to make a move on her would just earn him a broken jaw.

They rounded the corner, running so fast her feet skidded on the tile. Her lungs were burning, but her body felt no fatigue or pain. The demon half of her had repaired all of her injuries, even refueling her energy. As exhausted as she was from delivering that Hammer attack, she kept moving. Her desire to save her princes from execution wouldn't let her slow down.

"Lucifer!" She called back to him. "If I end up killing Emiline, will you send me to the Violence quadrant?"

"Under normal circumstance, I would," he yelled back. "But this happens to be a special case. I'll grant you a reprieve for this one."

"Just making sure I won't be damned for saving you ass."

"My thanks for doing so, princess."

If I decide to save you. Not quite sure you're worthy of being rescued just yet.

She'd worry about that later. They rounded the last corner, stopping a few feet from the door to the selection chamber. Staring up at the massive carved doors - the door that held the woman who had tempted her wrath once too often – Kara thought the hoards of demons looked like they were charging down a battlefield. A battlefield lined with human bodies.

She looked over her shoulder at Lucifer, watching him as he watched her. He smiled a nodded, a cue she took as encouragement. Though with Lucifer, she could never be sure. Taking a deep breath, she grabbed the handle of the door and turned, pulling on the iron demon's head and racing inside.

What she saw nearly stopped her heart. Emiline was reclining in Lucifer's throne, this time wearing a blood-red gown that plunged all the way to her stomach. She was grinning, her eyes bright with humor. Her despicable sons stood on either side of her, laughing.

At the foot of the steps leading up to the throne, Darian, Lyzander and Ladrian all knelt on their knees. Bent over so they were facing the floor, their hands had been tied behind their backs, preventing any chance of escape. Behind them stood three armed guards, each holding a nasty-looking blade, ready to strike. Execution time was at hand.

Her blood already boiling, Kara stood still for a heartbeat, watching the scene unfold. The vision of her beloved princes kneeling on the floor, ready to be executed, almost made her lose her mind. The fact that Malnos had done nothing to stop his mother - even to protect his own brother, Lyzander - made her homicidal.

"And it is by my decree," Emiline stated, "that these three traitors, in retribution for their crimes against my sons and Hell itself, are hereby condemned to death!"

Fuck that.

"You," Kara said calmly, "are a bitch."

Emiline's head snapped up, her eyes wide with shock. "How did you get past –"

"Your guards?" Kara cocked her head, widening her eyes innocently. "Oh, them. Things got a little to hot for them, I guess."

"Too hot –" The shock faded from Emiline's face, a sinister smile working its way onto her lips. "I see. So you've used it, have you?"

She nodded, her face stern. In her peripheral vision she watched as Darian and the others peeked behind them, smiling when they saw her. She gave a tiny smile back, acknowledging their presence and promising their escape.

Emiline looked past her, smiling. "And you, Lucifer. You now cooperate with this girl?"

He nodded. "I do. Does that make you upset?" His mocking smile made Kara feel a tiny bit better.

"It does, indeed." Emiline's face turned cold, anger simmering just beneath the surface. "Honestly, I thought you'd have better taste. A spoiled half-blood brat over me? Not the wisest choice you've made."

Lucifer shrugged. "I beg to differ. If I side with you, I lose my future queen, my tortured souls and my throne. She also has far more backbone then you will ever have, my dear Emiline. So taking Kara's side seems like the safest option."

"I disagree. Especially when you say she has more backbone then I do." She rose up out of her chair, taking delicate steps down the stairs. The train of her dress flowed behind her, a river of blood made of fabric. "Let's see if that's true."

She snapped her fingers. Malnos shot up and ran to the far wall, picking up a sword that hung from brackets in the stone and rushed back to his mother. Bowing low, he presented the blade to the witch, who picked it up gingerly, spinning it in her fingers and grinning.

Malnos' eyes flicked to her, shock and turmoil coiling in those emerald orbs. She locked eyes with him, her gaze colder than Antarctica. If she could wish death on anyone, Emiline would be first, then Malnos. Seeing her icy stare, his eyes flicked away and he backed off, stepping away from the battlefield between them. Lucifer did the same, giving her a quick pat on the shoulder before spiriting away.

"Wait! What?" She glared after him. "You coward! Get back here!"

So much for his help.

Emiline stood before her, black eyes glowing. Her sadistic smile never faded from her lips. The witch spun the blade in her hand like an expert, handling it with all the grace and poise of a master. She had miscalculated Emiline slightly. As flighty and egotistic as she was, she was by no means incompetent in combat.

Right away, Kara knew she had the advantage. A blade, while fast and light, was predictable, always moving in a straight line. Her meteor hammer, on the other hand, was attached to a chain, which meant it could fly anywhere at anytime. The ball could knock Emiline out, or off her feet at least. The chain itself could be used to trip her up or wrap around her sword and jerk it away.

Kara – one. Emiline - zero.

Taking a deep breath, she unwrapped the chain from her arm, letting the spiked steel ball fall to the floor. The sound echoed off the walls, making Emiline jump and Kara feel relaxed. The sound calmed her nerves, bringing back memories from her childhood of her practicing with her first hammer.

"So nice of you to wait for me to get ready." Her tone was cold, sharper than Emiline's blade.

The witch smiled sweetly. "I have my chivalrous moments."

Kara scoffed. "Really? How chivalrous of you to kill my mother and take her place."

Emiline's face fell. "That woman was useless! She never raised you the way you should have been!"

"That was her choice, not yours." Anger boiled inside her, threatening to explode.

"You could have been great! You could have ruled this place! But that woman held you back! She wouldn't allow you to show yourself, to prove to others what you could do."

"And which of us turned out better?" Her smile was as sweet as vinegar.

Emiline pulled back an inch, a sickening smile on her face. "I see. Well then, I suppose we should start." She turned, raising her blade to Darian. "You. You will be first to –"

Kara fired her hammer at Emiline, jerking the chain back so the heavy sphere wrapped its chain around the blade several times. She pulled back sharply, nearly yanking the sword out of Emiline's hand. The witch spun around, fury in her coal-black eyes.
"No. You wanted to fight me. Now fight me, God damn it," she hissed through gritted teeth.

Scowling, Emiline snapped her wrist, uncoiling the chain from her blade. "Very well, then. Come, child. Let's see what you have."

She jerked the chin back, catching the hammer ball in her hand. "Fine with me."

Emiline took her stance, one foot behind the other, her arms braced for an attack. Kara held the length of chain in one hand, twisting the other so the ball swung in a wide circle in front of her. Another advantage: The meteor hammer's chain was over twenty feet in length, perfect for keeping an opponent at a distance.

Shouting, Emiline raced forward, swinging her blade down at an angle. Kara side-stepped away from her attack, still keeping the momentum of her hammer going. If that stopped, she'd be an open target. Emiline swung again, her blade catching on the spinning chain and rebounding off. That was the good thing about a spinning chain. Since Emiline couldn't see where the actual chain was – just a blurred circle of silver – she couldn't predict where an open spot was for her to strike.

Fortunately, she hadn't learned from the first time and attacked again. The blade bounced back, nearly hitting Emiline in the shoulder. Her eyes glowed in frustration, her mouth twisted into a grimace.

That's her weakness. She's well trained in sword-fighting, but she's impulsive. She doesn't learn from her mistakes.

She could give a couple of good throws and stop this whole thing now, but Kara figured the safest way to end this fight was to be on the defensive. Letting Emiline wear herself out would be easy. All she had to do was stand behind her chain and allow Emiline to keep swinging, then disarm her and this whole thing would be over.

A sharp pain hit her right shoulder, causing her to cry out and lose control of her chain. Her eyes flicked up just in time to see Emiline's sword coming down at her. She knelt down and rolled away, barely dodging the blade. The sharpened steel got caught in the cracks between the stone, giving her time to recover while Emiline retrieved her sword.

Furious, she whipped around to see Malnos standing at the foot at the foot of the stairs to the throne, a rope dart in his hand. The tip of the small metal point was dotted with small drops of blood. Well, that was just perfect. The wound probably wasn't serious, but he'd damaged her throwing arm.

"Asshole! That's cheating!" Her eyes shifted back to red, her blood boiling.

He shrugged and smiled. "Call me anything you want, princess. I just look forward to hearing you call it out in our marriage bed."

He's next. He's so next.

"Mother promised me that if you two did fight, and she won, that I would have you first. And we'd get rid of these annoying brats you like so much." His smile disgusted her.

So she was a dealer to her own sons as well. She wins, they get Kara and their rivals are killed off. What a lovely arrangement.

Kara scowled at Malnos. "The only way I'd ever sleep with you is if you had me drugged and bound."

His eyes lit up. "Fine by me." He started to swing the heavy dart, preparing for another attack. "To be honest, having you tied up has been a fantasy of mine for quite some -"