All Comments on 'Day Tripper'

by Harddaysknight

Sort by:
  • 244 Comments (Page 3)
SeaChangerSeaChangeralmost 2 years ago

I like the way it ended. Teamwork !

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

GRRReeeaaatttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

ending too abrupt, otherwise good story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Nicely done.

GuSannGuSannalmost 2 years ago

I cant keep reading your stories... You dont complete the end!! Its such a nerve reclking....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The ending needed a bit more!! The two cheaters needed to be burned....the confrontation was all too fucking polite!! They should have had them served in bed

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

And the stories without proper endings means you have a limited imagination

a_reader_from_germanya_reader_from_germanyalmost 2 years ago

If you look at this as a short novel/ novella, it's almost exactly as it should be. A space of time in the protagonist's life of a novel quality is covered. That's what a novel in sensu stricto is about. This story contains the kernel for what happens next though, the divorces, the girls living with the respective wronged parent. Those four will most likely continue to live at their present homes, the girls will further their education at their recent schools. It's all mentioned at the end and going through the motions of telling this in detail is usually not included in a novel story in the narrower sense. The fate of the cheaters you have the freedom to use your imagination for.

If this was a drawn out screed I'd expect a more detailed and protracted epilog myself.

Please excuse me mincing words here, it was too tempting. In German the term 'Novelle' is traditionally used for a, usually, shorter format, a novella that concentrates on an extraordinary event, preferably containing 'not heard of' elements, in short, something of a novel quality. A (longish) novel such as "War and Peace", "Crime and Punishment" or "The Quiet Don" is labeled 'Roman' in German. Im not sure the term 'romance' is adequate. A 'Roman' doesn't necessarily include any romantic content, I don't know if the same is true for a 'romance'?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Nice story, but I don't think your softball details work out on the last game if the daughter pitched a one hitter, but not important, just wondering.

Bluehorse64Bluehorse64over 1 year ago

From the mouths of babes.

Mojo648Mojo648over 1 year ago

PLEASE TO BE CONTINUED WITH THE STORY ABOUT TIM AND BROOKE LIVES BEING CONTINUED AFTER THE DIVORCE.

TajfaTajfaover 1 year ago

I agree with many others about the abrupt ending. I'm a reader, not an author. I don't want to imagine what happens next, I want to read it!

Also, why did she do it? When and how did they meet? What was she thinking? She apparently did love him so why? I doubt we will ever find out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The only saving grace is the Brook character.

NitpicNitpicover 1 year ago
Decent

Decent enough story,though I think it could have done with a bit more.The ending is nothing event.

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

Wow truly pathetic excuse for a Man relying on his kid to make every single decision because he's too upset ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ FUCKING CUCKLOVERS

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It's kind of ironic that this is one of the better Loving Wives stories you managed to write and you put it in a different category...

nixroxnixroxover 1 year ago

3 stars - this story says more about Brook than any of the other characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story, just missing the aftermath to make it a great one.

kei52kei52over 1 year ago

Nicely written but would have liked to had a little more after the celebration in the room

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

Like the idea of Brook, the daughter leading the way and explaining to her Dad. The hiding of the car was great, but no explanation of how Nat found her car, which would have been funny. Overall, good idea, dialogue was a little off or forced.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The daughter made it so embarrassing for her father in that hotel room, this was a perfect LW story for a serious BTB ending....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Ending was too short. It needs and aftermath.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Another rushed ending, I mean damn, you sprinted that boy to the finish

OldbuddyOldbuddy12 months ago

Cute,

Tim is a wuss

OldmantruckerOldmantrucker11 months ago

๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿค”hmmm๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜

Helen1899Helen189911 months ago

HDK. Is one of my favourite authors, but sadly this wasn't one of his best. The daughter was much to good to be true.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

They should have done more and taken photos

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Great story but I felt the ending was light. Could have had a bit more.

photogman18photogman188 months ago

We are dealing with fantasy, and as such, we live in the reality created by the author, I think it was well-done and applauded the shift in frame of reference from the standard first or third person offended person to an active third. 5 stars. If every story was a protracted BTB it would get old and boring. If they were all cuck work with loser husbands it be irritating and tasteless. Keep up the variety.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Five stars, although the final sentence was lame. I really liked the Brook character. One comment on your writing. Unlike most (all?) Lw authors, you give life to conversations by varying how something is said. Most just write Tim said, Sally said. You seem to have an endless supply of "allowed, revealed, concluded" etc. Refreshing. This will go over a lot of heads, but I appreciate it.

JPB

NoBullAlNoBullAl7 months ago

Another good story with a very weak ending!!

Good thing he had a very smart daughter or he would still be wandering around trying figure out what his wife could possibly be doing with that other man!!!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Stupid. You have the so-called wife and the scumbag just go on and keep doing it, or do it to somebody else? You're little "divorce as a consequence" is week and lame and yes, stupid. Hard to tell when a writer is just being stupid, or when they're pushing an ugly agenda.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

why don't you finish a story?all your endings suck!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Brook must be descended from Sherlock Holmes or Monk.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Perfect place to end the story on my opinion. They were caught

Their spouses told them don't come back home. Divorce follows and the cheated upon partners do their best to rebuild their lives which I'm sure they will. The cheaters are exposed and have to deal with the consequences of their actions. Enough said as they say. BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

A good start but needs more.

tsgtcapttsgtcapt3 months ago

Great story, a bit rapid on the ending. Would like to have heard about states and beyond. Thank you.

Psychman24Psychman243 months ago

Wow some of these readers have some real anger issues! Natalie reaped the exact consequences that her behavior warranted, loss of her marriage, her relationship with her daughter, any standing she may have had in her family, the financial costs of divorce and starting over. Also any self respect she had as a person. Infidelity is very painful and has a ripple effect on the lives around us as well. Fantasies of crushing the betrayers lives are fine but in real world the best revenge is healing as best you can and living the best life you can going forward

Just_WordsJust_Words2 months ago

I love stories about smart daughters, but I can't see her calling her dad a cuckold. She would phrase it differently. Just my opinion. Good story.

AnonymousAnonymous29 days ago

That was great. Brook was amazing. Ending felt like a well deserved mic-drop. Boom! As Natalie's life implodes...

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

If only all fathers could have kids such as Brook.

ImshakenImshaken19 days ago

Enjoyed the ending!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHarddaysknight@Harddaysknight
I enjoy comments and seldom delete them. Writing is a pleasure for me. Reading comments, even negative comments, is a perverse pleasure. I thank Lit for providing a free forum to showcase my vast talent. Writing is recreation and fun for me. I am simply making shit up as I g...