All Comments on 'Day Tripper'

by Harddaysknight

Sort by:
  • 244 Comments
ImshakenImshaken19 days ago

Enjoyed the ending!

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

If only all fathers could have kids such as Brook.

AnonymousAnonymous29 days ago

That was great. Brook was amazing. Ending felt like a well deserved mic-drop. Boom! As Natalie's life implodes...

Just_WordsJust_Words2 months ago

I love stories about smart daughters, but I can't see her calling her dad a cuckold. She would phrase it differently. Just my opinion. Good story.

Psychman24Psychman243 months ago

Wow some of these readers have some real anger issues! Natalie reaped the exact consequences that her behavior warranted, loss of her marriage, her relationship with her daughter, any standing she may have had in her family, the financial costs of divorce and starting over. Also any self respect she had as a person. Infidelity is very painful and has a ripple effect on the lives around us as well. Fantasies of crushing the betrayers lives are fine but in real world the best revenge is healing as best you can and living the best life you can going forward

tsgtcapttsgtcapt3 months ago

Great story, a bit rapid on the ending. Would like to have heard about states and beyond. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

A good start but needs more.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Perfect place to end the story on my opinion. They were caught

Their spouses told them don't come back home. Divorce follows and the cheated upon partners do their best to rebuild their lives which I'm sure they will. The cheaters are exposed and have to deal with the consequences of their actions. Enough said as they say. BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Brook must be descended from Sherlock Holmes or Monk.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

why don't you finish a story?all your endings suck!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Stupid. You have the so-called wife and the scumbag just go on and keep doing it, or do it to somebody else? You're little "divorce as a consequence" is week and lame and yes, stupid. Hard to tell when a writer is just being stupid, or when they're pushing an ugly agenda.

NoBullAlNoBullAl7 months ago

Another good story with a very weak ending!!

Good thing he had a very smart daughter or he would still be wandering around trying figure out what his wife could possibly be doing with that other man!!!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Five stars, although the final sentence was lame. I really liked the Brook character. One comment on your writing. Unlike most (all?) Lw authors, you give life to conversations by varying how something is said. Most just write Tim said, Sally said. You seem to have an endless supply of "allowed, revealed, concluded" etc. Refreshing. This will go over a lot of heads, but I appreciate it.

JPB

photogman18photogman188 months ago

We are dealing with fantasy, and as such, we live in the reality created by the author, I think it was well-done and applauded the shift in frame of reference from the standard first or third person offended person to an active third. 5 stars. If every story was a protracted BTB it would get old and boring. If they were all cuck work with loser husbands it be irritating and tasteless. Keep up the variety.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Great story but I felt the ending was light. Could have had a bit more.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

They should have done more and taken photos

Helen1899Helen189911 months ago

HDK. Is one of my favourite authors, but sadly this wasn't one of his best. The daughter was much to good to be true.

OldmantruckerOldmantrucker11 months ago

🙄🤔hmmm🤣👍😁

OldbuddyOldbuddy12 months ago

Cute,

Tim is a wuss

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Another rushed ending, I mean damn, you sprinted that boy to the finish

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Ending was too short. It needs and aftermath.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The daughter made it so embarrassing for her father in that hotel room, this was a perfect LW story for a serious BTB ending....

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

Like the idea of Brook, the daughter leading the way and explaining to her Dad. The hiding of the car was great, but no explanation of how Nat found her car, which would have been funny. Overall, good idea, dialogue was a little off or forced.

kei52kei52over 1 year ago

Nicely written but would have liked to had a little more after the celebration in the room

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story, just missing the aftermath to make it a great one.

nixroxnixroxover 1 year ago

3 stars - this story says more about Brook than any of the other characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It's kind of ironic that this is one of the better Loving Wives stories you managed to write and you put it in a different category...

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

Wow truly pathetic excuse for a Man relying on his kid to make every single decision because he's too upset 😭😭😭 FUCKING CUCKLOVERS

NitpicNitpicover 1 year ago
Decent

Decent enough story,though I think it could have done with a bit more.The ending is nothing event.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The only saving grace is the Brook character.

TajfaTajfaover 1 year ago

I agree with many others about the abrupt ending. I'm a reader, not an author. I don't want to imagine what happens next, I want to read it!

Also, why did she do it? When and how did they meet? What was she thinking? She apparently did love him so why? I doubt we will ever find out.

Mojo648Mojo648over 1 year ago

PLEASE TO BE CONTINUED WITH THE STORY ABOUT TIM AND BROOKE LIVES BEING CONTINUED AFTER THE DIVORCE.

Bluehorse64Bluehorse64over 1 year ago

From the mouths of babes.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Nice story, but I don't think your softball details work out on the last game if the daughter pitched a one hitter, but not important, just wondering.

a_reader_from_germanya_reader_from_germanyalmost 2 years ago

If you look at this as a short novel/ novella, it's almost exactly as it should be. A space of time in the protagonist's life of a novel quality is covered. That's what a novel in sensu stricto is about. This story contains the kernel for what happens next though, the divorces, the girls living with the respective wronged parent. Those four will most likely continue to live at their present homes, the girls will further their education at their recent schools. It's all mentioned at the end and going through the motions of telling this in detail is usually not included in a novel story in the narrower sense. The fate of the cheaters you have the freedom to use your imagination for.

If this was a drawn out screed I'd expect a more detailed and protracted epilog myself.

Please excuse me mincing words here, it was too tempting. In German the term 'Novelle' is traditionally used for a, usually, shorter format, a novella that concentrates on an extraordinary event, preferably containing 'not heard of' elements, in short, something of a novel quality. A (longish) novel such as "War and Peace", "Crime and Punishment" or "The Quiet Don" is labeled 'Roman' in German. Im not sure the term 'romance' is adequate. A 'Roman' doesn't necessarily include any romantic content, I don't know if the same is true for a 'romance'?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

And the stories without proper endings means you have a limited imagination

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The ending needed a bit more!! The two cheaters needed to be burned....the confrontation was all too fucking polite!! They should have had them served in bed

GuSannGuSannalmost 2 years ago

I cant keep reading your stories... You dont complete the end!! Its such a nerve reclking....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Nicely done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

ending too abrupt, otherwise good story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

GRRReeeaaatttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SeaChangerSeaChangeralmost 2 years ago

I like the way it ended. Teamwork !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

People keep talking about your endings. I believe you leave those up to the reader. The mind is very strong. Keep up the great work.

Spreadaxle53Spreadaxle53about 2 years ago

Finally someone took the wayward spouse's car!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I had to say i hate it as i am totally sick of your stories not having a proper ending

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I love your stories, have read a dozen or more. The premise is always great, but the development, depth, and story really could be another 10 pages or more. This is true of most of the stories. Thank you for sharing your talent. I would like you to start writing chapeter 2's on many of these great stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

My stepdaughter told me that her mother was cheating on us. At 15,she chose to live with me because her mother lied to her so often. I'M proud of her for seeing right from wrong. Short story and told well I agree that it needs a better ending.

cyendreycyendreyabout 2 years ago

Good story, but a rather abrupt ending. It would benefit from a Capter 2 I think.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Whats there is well done, but this story screams for more

rn2711rn2711about 2 years ago

The story needs an ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good start for a story, but a little short on the ending. It needs a more robust ending .

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The ending should have been when Shithead and whore moved out of town together . Never to see any of the Grandchildren . That their Daughters had

ju8streadingju8streadingover 2 years ago

seems like half a story

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

That was a good one! I love when they are caught in the act and naked and they always say "it's not what it looks like"??????? 5 stars it makes for the other two I read that were a not up to your standards. 5 stars

Bilgerat13Bilgerat13over 2 years ago

Why, oh why, oh why, do these faceless people keep on complaining about the stories being incomplete?

The story is about the catch, not the divorce. There are plenty of stories on tis site about divorce, it would be the same old shit just repeating itself.

If it required anything more, it would have been an Epiloge about the mother having to watch her daughter leaving the church after geting married from across the street because she hadn't been invited to the wedding.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Another story without a proper ending. Ninety per cent of the story pretty much writes itself. I have read it over and over and over again. It's a do-it-yourself story. The only "original" element if the daughter's part.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

was enjoying this until story interuption.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ok story but missing an ending

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What a pathetic portrayal of a moronic wimp! In spite of all the evidence staring him in the face, he is still in denial. Fortunately he had an intelligent daughter, who sized up the situation for him. Too many stories, with good plots, are left unfinished, with abrupt endings. Does this author think it's a clever ploy?! Or enhances the merit of a story?!

Lawrie1941Lawrie1941over 2 years ago

Improve your endings writing is not a race!! Well

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I enjoyed the story but wish there was more of an ending.

Maybe Steve and Natalie loosing their jobs because of the embarrassment the Company would have if it got out that 2 of their executives were cheating mongrels. How can any client trust a company that allows that.

BigfundrewBigfundrewover 2 years ago

That was satisfying

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story. Could have been great with more of an ending/epilog.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story, I loved it. When I lived through mine, I wish I could have thought about moving the car.

Diecast1Diecast1over 2 years ago

Finish the story. Ass wipes need a better send off. By the way love the story. AAAA+++++

SAV12SAV12almost 3 years ago

That's it! Finished! I don't think so. The story is an incomplete effort in my book. What happened afterwards, fun and games?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I agree the story needs a second chapter. It feels unconcluded

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

Great story, made even better by the daughter revealing that her mother is a cheating whore..

kirei8kirei8almost 3 years ago

What Helen1899 said. Your forte is leaving the last few paragraphs for the reader to finish.

Helen1899Helen1899about 3 years ago

Loved it, but would have enjoyed it more with a better ending

Cate4UCate4Uabout 3 years ago

I agree with everything anonymous says in regards to great story, 5* and epilogue

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Next chapter

Susan and Tim get together great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great Story

Short and sweet. 5*s. A lot of these stories could be brought to a conclusion with a short Epilogue..Wonder why authors who truncate their otherwise excellent stories don't use this method. The Epilogue could be as short or long as they wished and although readers can come to their own conclusions quite easily, they really prefer the author to do the rounding off. Just saying.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 3 years ago

Agree - great story but would have loved to see events unfold in the end... 5*

ClockstopperClockstopperover 3 years ago

Good story. Too short, though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Almost Finished

Great story. I just wish you had gone a little farther to resolve the ending. Might have been a 5.

SELSTIMSELSTIMover 3 years ago
Too Funny

I always get a chuckle from your stories. You are the only author I know that can write a comedy from a tragedy. You not only take the sting out of a cheating wife story but provide some humor for your readers in an already stressful world. That's entertainment, unfortunately I noticed that a lot of readers are unable to pick up on your subtle humor or choose not to. Oh well, you can't please everyone. I did see some readers wanting more. Please, don't let another author write a sequel. They never capture the HDK essence and end up ruining the story. Thank you

NitpicNitpicalmost 4 years ago
Ending

Ending is too abrupt,there as got to be more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I always feel like harddaysknight stories are just too short

It's more of an after thought.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Just like a roller coaster

Fun, ups and downs, hang on for the ride. Well written.

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 4 years ago

Curious as to how Sweetie found her car. Sure her Bull did not drive around with her from parking lot to parking lot. Only thing I can think of is that the Lexus probably had a Call-for-Aid system that usually activates from within the car, but probably also can be called upon if the car is stolen! Shoulda been addressed, I think. Another great HDK offering.

RimmerdalRimmerdalabout 4 years ago
Specifics

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuckold

johsunjohsunabout 4 years ago

OK, a good story. What's not to like, a smart ass kid who's more street smart/grown up smart than her dad and a two dimensional mom who cheats.

Good quick story.

I'm loving the tie in with song names and lyrics on the stories this author has.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
needs a part 2.

I like the story so far but i would like for you to expand on it. Hiding the car was good but it should have told the wife she was busted at that point. She apparently didn't care. Asking for the spare set of keys really that just told them she knew she was caught and didn't care. Need the pain and divorce story now. You have the best set up just finish the story.

Rocketmann22Rocketmann22over 4 years ago
I have seen some comments

This story is okay, the end is a bit over the top but, fine.

The other comments are fine too but, I’d like to read their stories or maybe they’d like to write about shutting the hell up about what they want. Read the story and tell the writer what can be better. No body writes a perfect story but, this is a good one that satisfy some of us.

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
Still liked story but agreed with other comment daughter had more balls than dad

Car driven further and hidden better

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Poor

Poor ending ,everything is left hanging.

calibammacalibammaover 4 years ago
More!

We needed more that ending was to abrupt

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Huh!!!!

I agree with one of the other comments....they should have driven the car back home!

That would have sucked all the air out of the sluts story!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Why?

Why is it that every slut wife when caught naked with her lover says,"this isn't what it looks like" or,"it is not what you think" or something similar?! What other explanation can they provide? A further paragraph/ epilogue could have completed this story and maybe the slut's Suv could have been parked further away and perhaps better hidden.still, 5*s.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Dna check

That kid couldn't have come from his dna or hers for that matter. That girl had more balls then him and certainly stronger morals then the Mom. Must have been switched at birth.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
SHOULD HAVE DRIVEN THE CAR HOME.....

And parked it in the garage. How would mom have explained that one? But the story didn't end with enough suffering for the cheating slut or her boyfriend.

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Great daughter

She and Dad handled things like champs. Great.story.

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984almost 5 years ago

Enjoyed it but only 3 stars as it needed finishing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Not enough!

They should have moved the Lexus across town, and, cut all 5 valve stems. Let her explain that, if they even managed to find the car! The champagne toast was a great climactic event.

TajfaTajfaabout 5 years ago
More please

4 stars. Would have been 5 if you had a chapter telling us what happened next. Did they meet? Did the cheaters stay together or did he dump her? Did she end up a wreck?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHarddaysknight@Harddaysknight
I enjoy comments and seldom delete them. Writing is a pleasure for me. Reading comments, even negative comments, is a perverse pleasure. I thank Lit for providing a free forum to showcase my vast talent. Writing is recreation and fun for me. I am simply making shit up as I g...