Deadly Sins Ch. 05: Lust

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Taking care of essentials, Adriana eyed the bathroom. A walk in shower with embossed glass sliding doors adorned the full length of the right wall. A depressed Jacuzzi tub took up the left corner. The vanity was made of a rich, dark wood with a granite countertop and it was situated next to the tub. Obviously expensive Terrazzo tile of differing shapes and shades of brown covered the floor. And the ceiling was high, creating the illusion of spaciousness in a room which was spacious to begin with.

But there were no windows. And there were only two doors. One of which led to...a closet stocked with plush towels. And the other led right back into the bedroom. Right back to Cael.

A beautiful room designed to serve a double purpose. Filled with all the tools needed to provide a calming, relaxing, spa-like experience, yet sealed tight against an unwanted escape.

Turning on the water in the sink, Adriana washed her hands then left the water running to cover the sounds of her invasion of the vanity. She fervently hoped to find something which would be of use. But her snooping turned up nothing. At all. The cabinets were completely empty.

They would give her the only bedroom in America with an attached bathroom that didn't contain a bottle of Clorox. And what she wouldn't give for a bottle of the stuff. One splash into Cael's blue eyes and she would be free and clear.

To make an escape into a house abundant with nasty, filthy creatures with an aggravating compulsion to "do right" by humanity. While displaying the temperament of rabid pit bulls to their enemies.

And she was the enemy.

Time for Plan B. Sweet talk. She didn't know how far it would get her, but it was worth a shot. Adriana squared her shoulders, shut off the faucet and light, then reentered the bedroom. The room was no longer dark, artificial light emanating once again from what she could now see was an elaborate chandelier hanging over the bed.

Instinctively, her eyes sought out the form of her companion. He sat at the foot of the bed, his head turned in her direction and attention already focused on her. Only it wasn't Cael. It was the one who'd brought the water earlier.

*****

"You alright, ma?"

Jerking in surprise on hearing the masculine voice, Rayn's arm hit the upper frame of the window. As she withdrew the stinging limb into the interior of her vehicle, her hand unclenched reflexively letting her cell drop. Horrified, she listened to the device's angry meeting with the ground below and knew it lay there, shattered into several pieces.

"Damn, my bad, didn't mean to scare ya." The man bent down low, disappearing from sight before she could get a good look at him.

But Rayn took for granted that his speech pattern was a pretty accurate clue he wasn't the man she'd been fleeing from. And she was willing to wager the navy blue ball cap stamped with a golden W situated snugly over top of a V the same shade wasn't hiding a mop of red hair.

While waiting for him to surface with the remnants of her phone, she rubbed the sore spot on her arm, reflecting that normally she would consider an incident of this nature an insignificant accident to be dismissed with no hard feelings. Insignificant accidents were the reason she carried insurance on the phone, after all. And, if the context of her current dilemma had been different, that's exactly how she would view this situation.

But, as it was, the guy had appeared out of nowhere and was indirectly responsible for derailing a plan that had been frustratingly failing to begin with and for destroying the only chance she had of forcing the plan to work one way or another. And that was something Rayn just could not dismiss. Not after the day she'd had. "Use that line with all the women you sneak up on?"

"Just the ones who almost run me off the road," he replied easily, standing. Most certainly not the red haired man. "You late to a casting call to be the next Angelina Jolie or something? Because if that u-turn was any indication of your skills, I'd say you got it in the bag." He winked, adding, "Seriously, though, you do realize u-ies are illegal in Ohio, right? Statewide."

Rayn felt the heat of embarrassment rush to her face as she recognized the identity of the man. He'd been the one she'd almost hit. And he'd also been a part of the horde honking their displeasure at her. Long and loud. "I...I...oh, damn it all to hell, I don't have an excuse."

"Damn, you mean there's no casting call? Shame, cuz I really wouldn't mind seeing you in I-Max. Or 3-D." He rubbed dirt off the phone's screen onto his pants leg, then started fitting the pieces back together. "Nah, on the real though, you don't have to explain shit to me. I've had more than my fair share of bad days to commiserate without hearing the story."

"Thanks for being so understanding. I really appreciate it. More than you could ever know." Palm up, Rayn extended her hand partially through the window. "How bad is the damage?"

"My blood pressure was flying with the eagles for a while back there," he answered, attention still focused on the task at hand. He'd already snapped the screen's cover back into place. Then the battery pack was inserted. Then the back cover was slid on.

"I was..." Rayn's embarrassment deepened. She'd nearly been responsible for the guy having to make an unexpected visit to a body shop, possibly even a hospital, yet here she was, only interested in the state of her cell phone.

Talk about being a callous shrew.

"Asking about the phone? I think it's gonna be okay, too." One corner of his goatee surrounded lips twitched. Even in the shadow created by the hat's brim, Rayn could see the amusement which lit the depths of his dark brown eyes, crinkling the corners and spilling out to highlight and accentuate all parts of his attractive deep brown features.

He pushed the power button and the screen flickered to life. "And if you don't believe the words leaving my mouth, here's your-hey, ma, everything's straight," he consoled on glancing up and noticing her aggrieved expression. "I was just pulling your leg with blood pressure shit. No harm, I promise."

The sound of a vehicle door opening, followed by gravel and rocks being quickly eaten under heavy footsteps foreshadowed the approach of another. "Yo, Nick, she straight?"

It was at that very moment the full magnitude of her newest set of circumstances hit Rayn. A secluded area. At least two men she didn't know. One of who possessed her phone.

Fitting ending to a screwed up day.

"Figures," she muttered.

Nick swiveled towards the other man, stationing himself so he blocked her view of everything but his leather bomber covered back. Rayn would've taken the time to give the highly detailed depiction of the dark, wavy haired wolf howling at the silvery full moon on his jacket the attention it deserved, but Nick barked, "Back in the car," keeping her focused on the situation at hand.

"If she's straight, what's the hold up? We're ready to roll, man. Let's bounce."

"We leave when I'm ready to leave. Not one moment before. Not one moment after. Now get your ass back in the car."

Though slower, the forward motion persisted. "Damn, Nick, you feel that? Is that com-"

"Last warning," Nick snarled softly in response.

The advance stopped, but tension still hung in the air thick and heavy as a ground hugging early morning fog. Although Rayn hadn't been born able to speak male ego, she'd been saturated with so much of it that very day she would've had to be blind not to see and understand the challenge being issued.

Nick took a step forward, away from the car, towards the other man. "I said, back the fuck off."

"I'm gone, dude, be easy." The crunch of retreat was immediate and hasty.

Rayn didn't relax until the sound of a shutting door filled the clearing. Even then, her relief was only infinitesimal. The man in front of her was still a stranger. And her most recent encounter with a man she didn't know had taught not all men were created stable. But they were all filled with inordinate amounts of testosterone it seemed. "My phone. I'd like it back now."

"In a minute, ma. Just want to make sure it's working properly first." Nick turned his full attention back to her, flashing a smile full of warmth and in direct contrast to the scene which had just played out with his friend. He slid out the phone's keypad and started typing. "By the way, as you've probably guessed by now, I'm Nick."

"Kinda gathered that," Rayn answered dryly. "Rayn."

"Nice to meet you, Rayn. Real nice."

Amazing. She'd managed to escape Thane only to, almost quite literally, run straight into his doppelganger. Nick issued orders with ease like Thane. He went from cool to hot then back again in thirty seconds flat just like Thane.

But there was something more, something else which tugged at the strings of memory. It wasn't him, she was sure she'd never met him before. But it was in the way he held the phone. His wide legged stance boasting of a high level of confidence. His cocky attitude. Rayn studied him closely, trying to pin down who, or what, he put her in the mind of...

"Here, you're good to go." Placing the phone in her hand, he snapped her out of her reverie. "Listen, I'm a sucker for the whole damsel in distress bit and, no disrespect, you got it down pat."

"None taken...I think."

"Don't. Because it's cute. If you ask me, it's too many women running around as it is screaming 'bout being independent." Hunkering down to eye level, he reached a hand through the window to run the member up and down her sweater covered arm. "When sometimes there's nothing wrong with letting a man do what a man is supposed to do." The path of his fingers lightly burned her bruised skin. "That being said, ain't no Brad Pitt I need to be worried 'bout hiding in there with you somewhere, is it?"

Irritated by his comments, yet slightly charmed despite herself, Rayn shook her head. Jeez, she needed to just go ahead and take a photo of herself to be marketed as the poster woman for Cro-Magnon. She could really use the money.

And how cool would it be to see her photo posted on Wikipedia.

"Good, although honestly I have to say I wouldn't have given a shit even if there was. Brad ain't no match for me, baby. And you can believe that."

Rayn felt the beginning of an idiotic grin form. Was she really starting to find him endearing? Or was she just experiencing the effects of the first stage of a mental breakdown? Hopefully it was the latter. Please let it be the latter. At least then her doctor could just prescribe some happy pills and she would be on her way. If it was the former...there was no hope for her.

"And she smiles. Ten points for Team Nick," he cheered. "Man, ma, you should do that more often. Smiling is a real good look on you. Arm feeling better now?" At her nod he squeezed softly, letting his touch linger for another few charged seconds before withdrawing. "Hope you don't mind if we stay in contact. Matter fact, what you up to tonight? I'm headed to Columbus to hit up Club Ice...I could use the company."

"You already have company." Rayn angled her head towards the run down van she could now see parked at the mouth of the clearing. "Besides, you two need to do some male bonding after that little pissing contest you just had."

"Little?" He snorted. "Ain't nothing little 'bout me, ma. And I can prove it."

"I was not talking about that," Rayn defended with a laugh. Then found herself wondering about the intimate details of that before moving quickly on.

"Yeah, okay, I'll let that one slide. And, on the real, do I look like a fool to you? Choice between kicking it with my boys and a beautiful stranger and you think I'm going to choose those fools? Just say the word and I'll ditch them all right now."

Definitely endearing. And damn appealing, too.

"Just like a man." Rayn scowled playfully. "Ready to bail on your friends in a heartbeat."

"They'd do the same to me. Come to think of it, they have done the same to me." He lifted his ball cap, rubbing a hand over his face. "Many times."

"Well, tonight you're going to have to be a better friend to them than they have been to you because even if I would love to keep you company, I can't. I have some...things which I need to take care of."

"They can't wait?" he asked cajolingly, settling the hat back into place.

"Not really."

"Can I help? I've been told a time or two I'm pretty efficient with female problems." Dark eyes gleaming, his voice deepened with innuendo, "I can prove that, too."

The sexual suggestion called to Rayn. Although her response was more of a clinical reaction, more of an interest in seeing how far she could push him, than an actual desire, it shocked her all the same.

"No," she answered quickly. Too quickly. "I mean, ah...no. And in answer to your not so subtle suggestion there, Romeo, hell no."

"Man, you're killing me, ma. Any chance you'll let me get a shot at changing your mind?" Correctly interpreting the look of exasperation she shot him, he relented, "All right, all right, all right, I quit." He straightened and backed towards his van, keeping eye contact the whole way. "If you ever need anything, be sure to call, alright. No matter how big or little, baby. For real."

Rayn scrambled out of the car. The chilly night stole the air right from her lungs. She wrapped her arms around herself. "Nick?"

"What's up, ma?" He had been in the process of ducking into the interior of his vehicle, but reversed mid-action. A slight smile of hopefulness was on his face. "Have need of me already? For warmth, perhaps?"

"Just a question. The red haired man who was following me...did he already pass?"

"What red haired man?"

"The one who made a u-turn right after me."

Even from several feet away, Rayn could see his confusion. He stroked his goatee as he answered, "Nobody made a u-turn after you, ma. It was just you."

Goosebumps took up residence on her arms. Although she knew what his answer would be, she still asked, "Are you sure?"

"I think I would remember if there had been a second car trying to run me off the road. But if you say someone was following you, then someone was following you. You want me to stay while you contact the police?" He made to move away from his vehicle.

"No." That man had been following her. She had been so sure of it. "No, I'm fine."

He hesitated before saying, "Alright, ma. But, remember, call. No matter how big or little."

As he maneuvered the car up the pathway, Rayn reentered the Lexus and scrolled through her contact list. But when she reached the Ns there were no new entries. Not that she had planned on it, but if she had needed, how did he expect her to reach him?

Rayn scrolled further through her electronic phonebook, finally locating the new entry. It was under Y. And she couldn't help but laugh as she read the name of her newest contact: Your Future Husband.

And her happiness soared even higher when she realized her phone now picked up a signal. Before it vanished, Rayn dialed 911. Her call was answered on the first ring.

After explaining her predicament to the operator, she was placed on hold so her call could be patched through to the correct jurisdiction. While waiting, Rayn rolled up her window and adjusted the heat to a toasty seventy degrees, then leaned her head back against the rest.

Unbidden, Thane's voice came to mind. The way his deep timbre seductively caressed her eardrum and melted her insides to liquid currents of desire whenever he called her princess.

Rayn sat up straight. God, the memory of his voice was so realistic. So realistic, in fact, no matter how vivid her imagination, there was no way the word had only been in her head. It had sounded too authentic, too graphic. And if she didn't believe anything else, the wetness between her thighs was irrefutable proof.

His voice had come through the receiver and right into her ear.

Disbelieving, she questioned, "Thane?"

"You, my love, are not where I left you." He exhaled a deep, ragged breath. "So, that begs the question of where are you?"

Pulling the phone away from her ear, Rayn double checked the number she'd dialed. But 911 still showed as the number she was currently connected to. Placing the phone to her face again, she demanded, "How?"

"Any call to the authorities about Kensington Estates is immediately diverted to me. We police our own. Now answer my question, where are you?"

They policed their own? Rayn nearly succumbed to peals of hysterical laughter as she began to truly understand the magnitude of what she'd unwittingly gotten herself involved in. Involved with.

Thane was a part of the mob. The mafia.

If he wanted her, he was going to have her. He not only had the resources but also the capital to ensure it happened. If his ultimate goal was to kill her, she was already good as dead.

But if his ultimate goal was to bed her...a delicious shiver stole down her spine.

"What do you want from me?" she asked, wincing when she heard the husky quality of her voice. "Please tell me what the hell it is you want from me?"

"I've already told you." A rustling sounded, as if he'd covered the mouthpiece partially with his palm. His voice was muffled as he said, "Cael, tell Amun I need that information. Now." Then he was back on the line. "To know where you are so I can give that sweet little body of your hours upon hours of uninterrupted pleasure, princess. Now tell me where you are."

Across the street. Come get me. Rayn wanted to shout the words, but instead asked, "Why'd you call your friend off?"

He paused, as if surprised by the question. "Because I'd very much rather find you myself. Much more satisfying."

"I am not-am not- telling you where I am, Thane," Rayn ground out, angered now that she knew for a fact he'd set his crony on her.

"Always the little spitfire, aren't you. I like that." His voice dropped an octave lower, ripe with those hours of untold pleasures, "Are you going to be every bit as fierce once I get you under me? Are you going to kick and claw and fight tooth and nail against the ecstasy I'm going to coax from your body?"

The thought made Rayn shiver. But, damn it, this man was crazy. She couldn't lose focus. "Me under you? I'm not worried about that happening, Thane. Not in this lifetime at least. Not even the next."

"Oh, it's going to happen all right. Very soon." The heavy pounding of a fist meeting wood sounded in the background. Thane said, "Thanks, Amun," before saying to her, "Actually, before this night is over with, it's going to happen. Within hours, I'm going to be buried balls deep inside of you," he promised. "And you know what, Rayn? I'm looking forward to the battle."

The line went dead, leaving Rayn perplexed for several minutes. Why had he cut the connection if he was so determined to find her?

Then it came to her. Today's superior technology had managed to kick her in the ass a second time. Thane had kept her on the phone just long enough to get a lock on her location.

Sweet Jesus, that meant he had a good three minute head start out of the five it would take to reach her. Rayn sped out of the clearing and up the path, hoping she wouldn't find him waiting for her at the end. Yet a small part of her also hoped she would.

*****

Caught off guard, Adriana blurted, "Cullen? What are you doing here?"

"You remember me." Pleasure registered on a face Adriana noted was as beautifully chiseled as that of the god Baldr she'd seen in her past studies of Norse mythology.

Oh, this was better than she could've hoped for. Talking Cael into assisting her would've probably ended up an aggravating exercise in futility. But Cullen...Cullen was a different story.