All Comments on 'Dear John'

by Slirpuff

Sort by:
  • 270 Comments (Page 3)
Dnvrdave58Dnvrdave58almost 3 years ago

I gave the story of 5. I really believe her remorse was genuwine. I also think the husband reacted correctly although he did lose to people even though her second child wasn't his.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

You don't get to your current situation in life from just one shitty decision. Its usually a progression from one bad choice to another rationalizing your way from from one bad choice to another. Such was the wife's case. Sure, she suffered a tragedy in her life, so did her husband. In stead sharing her grief she shut her husband out and then started on a slippery slope trusting someone else who did not have her best interest at heat unlike her husband.

In stories like this they attempt to make the cheating wife a victim because she suffered a loss. Lots of couples have been through this and have come out the other side stronger and closer. She was a victim of her own self destructive choices. She showed no remorse as she accepted each of her boss's inappropriate advances over the course of weeks or months. Telling herself, I'm sure that she was entitled to the attention she was receiving and never once thought about how she was betraying her commitments to her husband who she had shut out in her life. Only when caught in the act by her husband did she recognize the depths she had sunk to. Only then does she discover she needs her husband more than anything else and finally realizing she was the one who had disengaged and separated herself and left the relationship with her husband. Too little and too late. Unable to live with the consequences of her own actions she commits suicide inflicting even more damage and grief upon her husband leaving him think think he was some how at fault and didn't love her enough when clearly the fault lay upon her shoulders. Selfish and entitled to the end.

Anallicker01Anallicker01almost 3 years ago

A sad story! Lose of a child is very traumatic & effects couples almost to the breaking point, such as this story.

The woman should have been dragged to a doctor to help her thru the trauma, husband included! Honestly, my brother lost a son(crib death) & they divorced. My sister had a miscarriage but she is still married & my niece had a miscarriage & is still married. All true, and only by the seeking counseling were each couple able to stay married & grow their families.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I totally agree with the author. The MC should have forgiven his wife and asked for her forgiveness in turn and raised her basterd child (after all a child is a gift from God, maybe the wife's cheating on him was god's will). Five stars from this closet cuck.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69almost 3 years ago

Too damn real, could be a Hallmark movie.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

It's impossible to "save" someone from their own self destruction behaviors. One of the first things they teach you in therapy when dealing with a loved one with self destructive behaviors is what they refer to as the Three C's - You didn't cause it, You can't control it and You can't cure it.

iameaseliameaselalmost 3 years ago

Dear anon this little gem should lead you to either cut your worthless dick off (that short little stubby thing your wife despises) or get the psycho therapy you truly need...."I totally agree with the author. The MC should have forgiven his wife and asked for her forgiveness in turn and raised her basterd child (after all a child is a gift from God, maybe the wife's cheating on him was god's will)"

A child isnt a gift from God, its a gift from a natural biological act. You pseudo-Christians are a sickening lot, and no one should EVER being willing to raise a child born of infidelity, as agreeing to that would lead to the useless skank knowing she can do it again and again....and being a closet cuck means you should getting the dick not your wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Glad she suffered alil bit with guilt b4 she burns in hell. Sorry it sounds harsh, but u reap what u sow. She may of died, but he was the victim here because of her actions. Why should he of let her back into his life and y is there a time limit on forgiveness? No one can predict the future but u can control your actions to an extent.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

That one is a serious downer. It hurts to read it again.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

"We would talk. He would ask me how I was doing and I thought he was genuinely interested in how I was doing." - She wouldn't talk to a professional, but talks to her boss.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The wife was a defective, weaker human variant. Her sluttery was a symptom of her deficiencies. Her depression was another.

The strong live. The weak die. Such is life.

Good riddence.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

There are some times in life where counseling is needed, She certainly did but made the mistake of going to a "friend" for comfort. People make mistakes. I'm all for a good BTB story when the wife is incorrigible but a slow seduction on a deeply depressed woman who needs emotional help does not qualify for a BTB. Some of these commentators have the thought processes of an ant.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2over 2 years ago

It's the parents that should shoulder much of the blame. She got pregnant with another man. No protection used obviously. After the huge rift due to the first baby dying, the second not being his would have been unforgiveable.

But the parents and or her friends should have seen the depression (again) and intervened. Everyone lost.

etchiboyetchiboyover 2 years ago
@sbrooks103 — “She wouldn't talk to a professional, but talks to her boss.“

Seeing a professional is out and out admitting there is something severely wrong.

Her boss, who she obviously considered a work “friend” (you know, a friend at work you never see outside of work) is someone you can confide in, as most people do to various degrees with friends. Of course he became more than a “work” friend, but it was obviously a gradual transition from one to the other.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Interesting story. But the husband accepted fault, because his wife chose to ignore a chance to get counseling, and decided instead to fuck her boss. Cut him off, emotionally, and physically, for 3 months. That’s the problem with good guys. They want to be supportive, and make the woman in their life happy. In order for a relationship to succeed, both partners must feel the need to support it. Both must be convinced that their significant other, can and will leave the relationship, and start a new one, if pushed too far. When a husband( or wife) dominates the other, or lavishes too much praise for no reason, or backs down during confrontations, their value is diminished in their partners eyes, because they do not have to do anything, to keep the relationship going. Something that is easy to get, usually has no value. And is easily cast aside. In Literotica, you read a lot of stories where the wife gets caught cheating, or even comes out and tells hubby she is going to do it. Her response is usually along the lines of” I thought our relationship was strong enough, that it would survive this little indiscretion” What she is really saying is, “ Based on the fact you worship the ground I walk on, I think I can get away with anything, and you are not going to stand in my way”. Most women, when dating a man they could envision spending their life with, put up little obstacles for the man to get through, to “earn” their love. They create a scenario, whether true or not, that the guy is competing with her other suitors. Men, being the constantly horny creatures they are, lap it up like dogs. What the man needs to do, is make “ her” compete for your time and affection, as well. It you seem to be successful, and have a full and interesting life, she will chase you. Going out to bars every night to get laid, makes you a man whore in her eyes. Getting set up with women by friends and co-workers, makes you a good catch, that may not be on the market too long. It’s all, in the presentation. And yes, I do know this story was about a woman who lost a child, and her reaction. Even tho this was a terrible, life changing event, I argue she already did not value her husband, and so her rejection of him was a natural occurrence of this event. IF he had made her value him during the relationship, she never would have fallen for her bosses pussy hound behavior. Think about it. That’s my two cents- 4 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sad, So sad. LP

Rancher46Rancher46over 2 years ago

What a sad tale, after she lost her baby Phillip, she went into a post-partum depression and then being seduced by her boss which was unforgiveable on his part. When her mental state became an issue a major family intervention should have taken place and the whole sad tale of being seduced and her subsequent suicide would have never taken place. Here again a sad story that ended in a death because no one really pushed for an intervention. So Sad. 4 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Damn...this slut was cold. It was bad enough when she killed her first kid. She didn't even wait for her second child to be born, though, before she murdered it. Good riddence to that cunt.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Sad story, I think some of the comments are a might harsh.

SexecutionerSexecutionerabout 2 years ago

Best part of the story? The world was with one less conniving, cheating slutwife.....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Her letter made me tear up 😢.. but at the same time, I feel like placing blame on the hurt husband is kinda fuck'd up, don't you think?. "Why didn't I love her enough to take her back"? Umm, maybe because she hadn't loved him enough since their son died.. it's only so much a person can take before their love turn into something else. with the arguments, lack of sex, lack of intimacy, constant slites, going out on dates with her boss, disrespecting him, his feelings and his opinions stopped mattering a loooooooong time ago. I think it's fuck'd up the writer is is trying to make the hurt spouse, that went through such hell. Take responsibility for their marriage ending.. after months of this hell marriage, what exactly was there to fight for? Hell, she wasn't even fighting for them. She didn't want to talk to him, even though he tried on several occasions. She cut him off emotionally and sexually. She allowed John to get too close cause she wanted it!. Its weird that ashley thought only her feelings mattered, onky her grief mattered.. she sound like she was a selfish little tramp🤭🤭. The wife needed a psychiatrist. When she refused her husband request to speak to someone, he should've had an intervention.. that's the only thing I see he did wrong. Her getting drunk, spending inappropriate time with her boss and her getting fuck'd by her boss, her throwing her marriage away and committing suicide is ALL on her... nobody else is to blame. She's an adult. If she can't handle alcohol maybe, she shouldn't go out with men she's not married to🤨😂🤭... it's just another thing telling me this wife didn't give two fucks about her husband. Where was all those happiest days memories when she was going to lunch and shit with good Ole john?🧐.. where was all that love she spoke of in her letter when she treated her husband like shit and ran to a predator to talk about her feelings?... where was all that love when she was depriving him of sex, companionship, a wife, a friend? Seem to me he spent the last few months of their marriage going through hell but he stuck by the dumb bitch cause he loved her. So, he was suppose to continue to love her despite all the fuckery and take her back when she cheats.. alcohol or no alcohol.. it's what the fuck she did. A married woman have no business going on lunch dates with her boss. It's inappropriate! She thought he was her friend. So if he's her friend, what was her husband? Just the asshole living with her? The nerve of you actually thinking the husband, the one treated like shit and cheated on. Held any type of blame in his retarded tramps wife's demise... the wife was a coward🙄. She had problems in her life, took it out on her husband instead of facing her problems. has problem with husband, runs to another man for comfort, husband leaves her for cheating and she run and kills her self .. she's a coward. Running is what she do. Looking for the easy way out is what she's accustomed to. She forgot how much her marriage meant to her. She forgot how much she loved her husband.. I get it.. but it's too little too late.. the dumb silly twit killed herself with her weak arse. Also, there was no explanation why folks in the funeral was looking at him angry? Didn't they know she fuckd her boss? Were they blaming him for her suicide also?🙄🙄

MikodaMikodaabout 2 years ago

Welcome to America 2022 where you life in a toxic feminist matriarchy. Everything is the men's fault. Even when it so obviously isn't.

BH54BH54almost 2 years ago

This was very sad.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I thought it was real life! Apparently something was wrong with Philip from the git -go. The letter told the reader she was going to commit suicide. It might even have been obvious to a trained person by the things she said to John in the various shouting matches they had, but she had already destroyed their love, getting caught, so nothing would have really helped. I would guess the police just marked it down as another unsolved mugging, knowing full well John had included it as part of his revenge. Well done. Good job. Don,t mind the comments, even that epistle. Keep writing.

XYZ

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Don't have much sympathy for the wife except for the loss of a child (truly a horrible thing) everything else she brought upon herself.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Some of the comments are nearly as tragic as the story. Some of the STUPID buzz words that people use are stupid, especially here in this tale. Two people strong when together weaken and fall apart when a tragedy occurs leaving them weaker and mistakes are made. Thank you for the story.

somewhere east of Omaha

iammweaseliammweaselalmost 2 years ago

Reread this again, its still a good story.

And sadly Mikoda is a textbook version of the poor fragile conservative male pussies we have to live with in this country.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Why dies he take responsibility for her actions? Hell, he wasn't fuckingvher boss, cutting his spouse off physically or emotionally and he certainly wasn't behind the wheel when the car went into the revine. She made bad choice after bad choice all on her own.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesalmost 2 years ago

Great story with a heartfelt meaning. Thanks for your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

That sucked. She cheated, got caught and divorced. Her ex husband was not responsible for her depression. I remember hearing stories from my Grand parents, about growing up in the Great Depression. Not enough food to eat, and not having a permanent home, living in a tent. Infant mortality was pretty high. But somehow, the parents kept fighting, to take care of their families. Today’s generation, is worthless and weak by comparison. Cut off their internet connection, and they will curl up in a ball, and cry. This woman choose to cheat on her husband. But for some reason, was unable to deal with the fallout of her actions. That’s what we call “ adulting”. Welcome, to the real world!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This is for weasel. I agree with Mikoda. And I am not, a conservative. When you go through life, you make choices, and commitments. How you honor those commitments, define you. And you must accept the consequences of your choices. That’s what separates, the men from the weasels!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This is sad. This could have been solved. The wife clearly had severe depression after the death of their newborn. Yes she messed up bad. It was a one time thing. She was clearly distraught. The husband never spoke to her after the initial fight. And her depression and abandonment made her take her own life. This absolutely could have been fixed through talking, counseling, etc. Cheating is horrible. But it can be forgivable depending on the circumstances. Clinical depression is a big deal.

lujon2019lujon2019over 1 year ago

why is he sad? he doenst have to give up half his shit and pay the whore alimony and child support

usaretusaretover 1 year ago

Sad, so very sad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Where was her family and his reinforcement of counseling??!!

She left him. Only recourse as spouses come first child second. Child is result of physical love between parents. Sorry for any who put children first but no empathy for them.

EdgeOfSundownEdgeOfSundownover 1 year ago

Another of Slirpuffs beta bitch specials...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Ok. She decided to cheat, and couldn’t handle the fallout. Tough shit. One star.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonover 1 year ago

Fantastic story. The bonus is you riling up and pissing off the beanbag chair simps screaming in impotent rage at the wife.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 1 year ago

"John, I needed you more at that moment than I'd needed anyone else in my entire life." - Yeah, well you p;ushed him away when he TRIED to be there for you, despite his own grief. You reap what you sow.

\

@etchiboy Re: Problem - Well, she obviously had a problem, that's why she was talking to her boss.

\

What did he write on the last page?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent-need I say more?

DrgwngDrgwngover 1 year ago

No matter what happens or how it happens, in most minds and the world we live in , it is always the husbands fault. Just another example here. Why do so many writer here always work in the words of attempted racism, just implying to forget whatever egregious act has occurred, and get on with it. Meanwhile the world continues to assume and say oh, women do not do that, he must have done something. Ask around, among friends and co workers, this is the prevailing thought……

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The husband gave all, the stupid slut gave everything to someone else. None of this is his fault and under no circumstances should he feel any guilt for her choices.

B3ndoverB3ndoverover 1 year ago

God for him.i hope he had a good alibi

SeaChangerSeaChangerover 1 year ago

To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was thee.

5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The stupid slut killed both of her children. She was a terrible wife, a filicidal mother and a sorry excuse for a slut. Good riddance to her putrid pussy.

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlennyabout 1 year ago

Not his fault.....we gotta stop perpetuating this idea that the victim husband has to accept and endure all these verbal barbs and withheld affection because the selfish wife is "going through a hard time". You reap what you sow, stop blaming everyone and believing everything anybody else says, but the one person who loves you the most. There's too many of this type of story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Tradgic and emotionally devastating. She suffered from both post Parfums depression and unremitting, inconsolable grief. She needed SERIOUS psychistric, asinine hospitalization, meds, intensive psych therapy. Without it this train wreck was inevitable. That she opened up to her boss, but utterly rejected her husband, left her no other source for grief release. QED he evetual suicide. Simply tradgic.

In truth, I have never understood why women who have lost a child throw away their marriages other than a complete psychiatric break down.

After two months of this abuse he should have, in my opinion, forcibly sat his wife down, handed her divorce papers and then given her two, and only two, options.

1. Immediate emergent psychiatric admission or 2. Sign the papers.

REASONING: 1. emergent admission would be the only viable means to see her through her loss and keep her husband. Without that intervention suicide was an altogether real possibility. 2. HE has to save himself. He had been supportive, by every metric, of his wife, and had been emotionally savaged by his wife at every turn. The one error on his part is the failure to seek counseling for himself for a way to deal with his grief loss and, hopefully, find a means to successfully create an intervention for his wife. As this case shows, doing anything else that would be effective, was beyond his means and tragedy was the only, realistic, outcome.

tomol111tomol111about 1 year ago

So sad. The Jews sit in mourning for 7 days with friends and relatives comforting them. Definitely a good tradition.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Really sad and dark. She had a serious mental health problem due to Philip's death. Why she preferred to believe the whispers from her boss about her husband being her nemesis is disconcerting. She was in a bad and exploitable mental state. However, what I do not understand is this author's fixation on wives who cheat, even one time, and get pregnant. What they ignore all contraception? Just go bareback with IUD or birth control pill? Ok maybe here it makes more sense as she was really drunk and had not had sex with her husband in months so maybe stopped taking the pills. But she more or less intended to do something that night by how she dressed and got into it on thr dance floor. She was drunk but not plastered. Seriously carry some condoms. And why would the sober boss not ensure that there is some protection from his side. I only bring thisnout because so many of the cheating wives by this author all end up being pregnant with another man's child. False paternity at birth is overall estimated at 3.7%, so it isn't like it is an epidemic. 30% of all paternity tests show a different biological father but that is of those who seek a test. Very different. Except with this author's stories the pregnancy by another man not her husband when cheating even if only once is like 75%. Uggh.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Sad and depressing tale. Two souls struck by tragedy then the predation of a predator, inability to reconcile, she gets pregnant from her drunken tryst, husband has already filed, she commits suicide with nothing left in her life and kills herself, and husband is now broken with regret. Well written but dark. I agree with prior commenter about author's tendency of his cheating wives who never use contraception, but disagree with this story. Ahe was off the pill for months, no sexual activity with husband. While she took an extra pair of clothes to the party she was just trying to avoid going home and wanted a night out on her own. She wasn't intending to cheat on him at all but got drunk and seduced by the asshole predator Jim. The rest played out like a Greek tragedy.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Jesus Christ in heaven you write some of the best stories I've ever read. You have such varied and fresh ideas.

I know she cheated but I truly think she was the victim, and John was as well. After losing her baby she obviously fell into deep depression, maybe compounded with other mental illnesses, even PTSD. A fucking predator could feed on her vulnerability. I think she pushed John away because she couldn't help seeing her son's face every time she looked at him. The predator preyed on that, leveraged it. Jim wasn't a man, he was a demon, a monster.

A man cant fully understand what it feels like for a woman to lose her child; he has his own pain but the woman held the child in her body, her connection is different than the man's.

It's very very hard to understand mental illness, and when he left her she lost the love of her life on top of her child. Then getting pregnant with that fucker's baby, a reminder of what she did to her husband, she just couldn't take it anymore. She knew John would never come back to her if she was pregnant with Jim's child. Her untreated mental illness spiraled out of control. A perfect storm of compounding tragedies.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Buena historia pero porque hacer ver a la esposa como una especie de santa cuando en realidad no lo fue?. Ella misma se lo busco y dejo de lado a su esposo y para como por su aventura resulta embarazada.... no jodas, si ella se mato o fue un accidente que importa. Ella tenia que pagar de alguna manera su estupidez por no cerrar sus piernas.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Heartbreaking story, honestly one of your best, but I question your choice of tags.... cheating.... cheating wife.... she did no such thing. She was an emotionally compromised woman in mourning who was taken advantage of by a snake who got her drunk while she was vulnerable and proceeded to rape her while she was at her most vulnerable. That's not cheating.

DazzyDDazzyD6 months ago

Exceptional!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

KMN!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I absolutely loath RACC stories but this is not one of those. It's a story of a woman with SEVER post Parfums depression, +, elements of PTSD. A woman completely adrift with no internal resources to help herself and visciouly lashing out at her husband because SOMETHING hade to pay for her loss and she unconsciously figured her husband would stand for her abuse because he loved her. In point of fact she needed hospital admission and medication and therapy. While the correct move was family and joint counselor intervention, tolerating her behavior just allowed her to slide deeper into her self destructive behavior.

You can't force someone to get help, however here, and I know this is painful beyond description, he should have covertly video her behavior and played it back with the family and counselor. Traumatic? Damn right? Dangerous? Certainly. But, considering the result of her unchecked behavior, the less dangerous of the two options.

IF the family-counselor effort failed, as painful as it is,John should have separated from her. Women trapped in this nightmare are lost, dead as far as the marriage is concerned, and he must move on or go down on flames with. Her. Sometimes love is not enough.

She was not evil, she was VERY sick. Without AGGRESSIVE outside intervention her end was fairly predictable. Oh, beating the preditor to death, justified. He is DIRECTLY complicit in her death and would never stop being the sub-human preditor he was.

Near brilliant story. 10 Stars

Danny

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

5* Very sad but so well-written. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Sad she lost her first child. Not sad the cheating slut died. No happy ending for the cheated party though. That's sad too.

Emma2009Emma20094 months ago

Very sad, but very well done.

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos4 months ago

Just a tragedy all around. Even though the majority of this story was just a letter, it was compelling. I sort of figured out what happened as soon as he started to read, but as we read along with him I was hoping I was wrong even though I knew I wasn't.

Norseman123Norseman1233 months ago

Brought a tear to my eye 5*****

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Powerful. Well written. Five top stars.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Well, better that than living with someone with mental health issues for the rest of your marriage/life.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Unbelievably sad. What a waste. Surprised she used no birth control but suppose it was because she had no intention of having sex. She just wanted a night away and the evil predator took advantage as a culmination of his grooming a woman with psychological vulnerability after the death of their infant to SIDS. Have to believe if she wasn't pregnant, the husband would have to at least consider reconciliation for pity's sake. She not only committed auicide but killed her unborn child with the asshole. Mc will be a broken man the rest of his life. Damn tragedy. Well written but dark. The predator got put down. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Powerfully sad. Grateful it was short. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

How incredibly sad. 5 stars DMW aka Sumnut96

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

an idiot commenter thinks it was better for him that she killed herself and he didn't have to live with her mental illness ?? what kind of heartless a-hole are you ?? we all are human we all make mistakes, suicide is never a good thing for anyone involved ,those left behind are the ones who are hurt the worst .

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Just too damn sad.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Damn you Slirpuff. You opened an old wound. 5/5.

This took me back to my mid 30' when my 1st wife got knocked up by a subordinate at work. He was her 2nd lover that winter as I found out later. I refused to fund her abortion. I demanded, I begged that she not kill the child even HIS. Alas she got the money from her mom. The only person available to take her to the baby butchers... me. All the women in the waiting room glared as I wept.

We slit, she healed, then left with her lover. It was me and 3 children 3, 6 and 8.

Suicide was going to end my pain. She wouldn't have shed a tear. 3 different times I put a gun in my mouth... 3 times the thoughtof terrifying and abandoning my children bought me back from edeg.

I'm in my 60's now have 7 grand children.

It still tares me up to think of what I almost did to my children. Bravo Sir, Bravo!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous