Deceptions Abound

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
muirmadra
muirmadra
545 Followers

The beautiful red head looked up at me with those exquisite baby blues and, biting her lower lip, asked, "Mmmm...may I ask your name?"

"Patrick, Patrick O'Flynn."

"Any relations to Katy?"

"Uh...yes, she's my daughter."

"GET OUT! There's no way a handsome stud like you has a daughter as old as Katy."

"Mmm...yep, I'm afraid so, can I see her?"

"You most certainly can. In fact, I'll let you see anything you like...if you get my drift, Daddy!"

I must have turned twelve shades of red and gulped as she punched a button.

"Sam, what's up?" I smiled at Katy's voice.

"There's a gorgeous hunk standing in front of my desk and he says he's Patrick O'Flynn. He even says he's your father. Say it isn't true!"

I heard my daughter laugh and say, "Oh my god, Dad's here? Sam, stay away from him. He's off bounds...understand?"

"Oh pooh...fine, just come and get him before I do." Sam stared at me like was beef on the hook while I waited for Katy. Please hurry, baby, I thought as I gazed at those ravenous eyes.

"Daddy! You're here. Oh my god, your actually here. Katy ran into my arms and hugged me then kissing me on the cheek.

"Oooh, save some for me Katy!"

"Stop it Sam...he's mine. Come on Dad, let me show you around." Holding my hand, she took me passed the double doors into the back. Everywhere people were hustling around caring reams of material and paper. Most of them were pretty young, about Katy's age.

"What are you doing here, Dad? Does this have something to do with what Ash told me? Are you and Mom having problems? Ash said something about a separation and maybe divorce. Dad, what did you do? Why would Mom leave and want a divorce? Did you have an affair? God, Dad why would you do something like that? What about Ash and me? Did you even think about us?"

Katy's questions were rapid fire and non-stop as we walked along the corridor. People would turn and stare as we passed by. Finally, she shoved me into a small office and forced me into a tiny metal chair with a small wood seat and backing. Sitting next to me, she waited.

"Katy, first...I'm not having nor have I ever had an affair. I have never cheated on your mother. I've never even been tempted, so get that out of your head. Second, for some reason, your sweet loveable mother has gotten the idea that I had and she won't even let me talk to her. She moved in with your grandparents and she is the one seeking a divorce...not me."

"Oh my god, Mom's living with Broomhilda?"

"Where did you hear that?" I asked, flabbergasted.

"Oh, come on Dad. Ash and I must have heard you say that a million times. You think Ash and I don't know that Grandma has never accepted you, that she wants you out of Mom's life?"

"When and how did you girls figure that out?"

"Shit, Dad...Ash mentioned it to me when I was twelve and she was eleven. She noticed it first. After she confided in me, we began to watch the two of you. We were proud of the way you tolerated that witch. Sorry Dad, but I've learned to call it when I see it. Ash and I knew that our dear sweet grandmother was a nasty bitch that always tried to put you down in front of Mom and how she always controlled Mom."

I just stared at Katy, marveling how my two girls had matured.

"Well, somehow I'll figure out a way to get your mother to talk to me. Anyway, I've got some exciting news and I had to tell someone in the family."

Katy's eyes widened with anticipation and asked, "What...tell me Dad, what is it?"

"I...I've been made full partner. The company is now McKenzie, Ralls, Forest and O'Flynn! How does that sound? What do you think of your old man now?"

Katy just stared at me. I wasn't sure if she understood the gravity of my partnership. Suddenly, she screamed and jumped into my lap, wrapping her arms around me in a huge hug.

"OH MY GOD! That's terrific, Dad. A full partner. Oh my god, I don't believe it. Does Mom know?"

I just looked at her, my eyes rolling and she giggled. "No, I guess not. But Dad, she'd want to know. I just know she would. You have to tell her!"

I shook my head and mumbled, "How am I to do that? She won't even talk to me. And, she's under guard by Broomhilda."

"Maybe, I can tell her?"

"No! Neither you nor Ash will say anything to her, understand?"

Katy looked down and said, "Yeah, I understand."

"Katy, look at me."

My beautiful daughter looked up and looked at me. "Promise me you will not tell your mother. And, you will not have Ash do it!"

"Damn it, Dad! Mom needs to know."

"Promise me."

Reluctantly, she nodded and said, "I promise neither Ash nor I will tell her."

"Thank you, now can I take you out to dinner?"

"I'd love it, Dad...uh, can I bring a guest?"

"Sure, one of your friends...my god, not Sam is it?"

Katy laughed and said, "No, not Sam though you might not get out of the building unscathed. No, it's...it's my boyfriend."

"Boyfriend?"

"Well, Dad...kind of more than just a boyfriend. We're living together!"

"What! Does your mother know?"

"Of course not, you think I'm suicidal? Jack wants to marry me but I keep putting him off. I don't know if I'm ready to settle down just yet, but, I love the bum."

"What about Ash, does she know?"

"Ah...yeah," Katy said quietly. "I swore her to secrecy."

Shaking my head, I said, "Fine, better bring him along. I think it's high time I met your boyfriend. How about Lowery's at seven?"

"Sounds great, Dad. I'll see you there."

She again hugged me and planted a kiss on my cheek before she asked, "You think you need an escort to escape from the building?"

I laughed thinking of the receptionist. "Nah, I think I can handle it."

Laughing she replied, "I don't know, Sam can be a force in herself if you're not careful. See ya at seven."

As I walked into the hallway, I heard Katy punching numbers into her phone and I turned to stare.

She grinned and said, "Only business Dad, I did promise I wouldn't call mom...you know."

I nodded, grinning, and left. As I passed through the lobby, a sultry voice purred, "I hope to see you again real soon...Daddy!" I smiled at Sam as she blew me a kiss after she sensually licked her upper lip. God, I thought, that woman would probably kill me in bed.

"Take care, Sam," I said as I stepped into the elevator. Just as the doors were closing, she teased me with those smoldering eyes as she slowly sucked her middle finger into her mouth sliding between those luscious crimson lips. I heard her giggle as I closed my eyes and shook my head.

I drove around L.A. taking in the sights and decided to do a little browsing along the Jewelry Mart. It was amazing the kind of deals you could get with cash. Soon it was near seven and I headed to Lowery's Restaurant, known to have to best prime rib in the country.

Katy and a young man stood by the entrance. As I approached, she spied me and gave me a big hug and kiss then stepped aside to introduce to her beau.

"Dad, this is Jack, Jack Hennessey. Jack this is my father, Patrick Michael O'Flynn the newest partner to the largest development company this side of the Rockies; McKenzie, Ralls, Forest and O'Flynn, Inc."

I had to admit, the lad was handsome in a dark rugged way. His dark brown hair was well groomed and I could see the intelligence in those hazel eyes. The young man was dressed casual but well chosen for the likes of Lowery's.

"It's a privilege to finally meet you sir," said Jack as we shook hands.

"Jack, it's good to meet you; however, I prefer you call me Pat, okay?"

"Yes si...Pat. Katy has told me so much about you and Mrs. O'Flynn." He failed to see quick look exchanged between Katy and me.

"Let's eat," I said wanting to move the topic away from Dani.

After dinner, the three of us stood in front of the restaurant as Katy chastised me over her mother.

"Dad, I agree with Ashlin, someone needs to tell Mom what has been going on, what Grandmother has been doing to break you two up. God, Dad...how can you let her get away with this?

I sternly looked at her and warned her, "Katy, promise me you won't say anything to your mother, promise me!"

She looked at Jack for back-up but he held his hands up and said, "Katy, this is a family thing, I'm not taking sides in this."

Katy huffed and spun back on me. "Okay, I promise but your making a terrible mistake."

"Katy sweetie, please understand, your mother means the world to me but the last four weeks I've been less than dog shit to her. She hasn't told me what was wrong, she hasn't allowed me to explain or defend myself. How long have we been married?"

Katy looked sheepishly at me and softly replied, "Twenty-two years."

"That's right, twenty-two years. Twenty-two years of good and bad, happiness and bitterness, love and heartache. That's what a marriage is. That's why they say 'for better or for worse!' I love your mother more than anyone could ever imagine and I believed she loved me just as much. That is why this hurts so much. Now, she allowed her mother to manipulate again, this time, getting your mother to go out with another man. I interfered with their date...this time! But, no more. Now, she makes the choice, whether made on faulty info or not. Understand?"

"No Dad, I don't and I won't! As far as I'm concerned, you're both wrong, pig headed and stubborn. If you two divorce, both Ash and I will blame both of you. Do you understand?"

I sighed and looked into her eyes as I nodded and said, "Yeah, I understand only too well."

"Okay, Dad, I promise I won't tell Mom but don't let this thing drag on much longer or allow Mom to get hurt. If that happens, all bets are off."

She came into my arms and hugged me giving a quick peck on the cheek before she grabbed Jack's and walked away. She turned once to stare and smiled. I laughed when she smacked her boyfriend in the chest and heard her say, "Nice way to back me up, ya butthead!"

I watched as she and Jack disappeared around the corner and then made for my truck. Soon, I was heading south back home. When I pulled into the drive, I choked when I saw the dark house. I didn't consider it a home anymore with Dani gone.

I sat in the truck for nearly an hour feeling sorry for myself before I pulled my ass out and into the house. As I stepped in, I saw the flashing red light on the phone indicating someone had left a message. Checking the machine, I found two three messages waiting.

The first message was from that asshole Bowman. "Mr. O'Flynn, you'll be happy to know Dani has agreed to go out with me again. I promise you, this will be a very special night. And, yes...I'll provide proof, don't you worry about that. I thought you would like to know, I have reservations at Chez Ramonde's and..." he almost giggled like a little boy with a new toy, "a penthouse suite at the Hilton Towers. Make sure you don't interfere."

I could hear the scorn in his voice. God, I wanted to reach through that fucking phone and rip his lungs out! Chez Ramonde's was a very expensive and exclusive French restaurant that was hard to get reservations with and the Hilton Towers was the most prestigious hotel in the area. He knew he was at war and was setting strategy and battle line.

The second call was a surprise, Dani. She sounded sad and lost. "Patrick, I...I can't see any way around this. I thought you loved me. I'm going to see a lawyer Monday. I...damn it Pat, why?" She was crying when she hung up. Olivia, I thought, I promise you one thing. Whether Dani and I are able to work through this, you are history. I slammed the phone down and was going to ignore the third message but changed my mind. This one was unexpected; it was from her father, Harvey. He wanted to meet with me tomorrow noon at my office. I wondered what he wanted.

I thought back to Dani's call. Was I wrong in the way I'm handling all this? I was beginning to doubt myself and Dani's love for me. I made for the liquor cabinet and grabbed the Jack Daniels. The only thing I wanted to do right now was drown out these voices in my head and JD was just the thing.

It wasn't long before I heard someone groaning. A bright light blew my retinas when I cracked my eyelids open. I felt like one of those observers during the fifties nuke tests, nothing but a flash of brilliant white light. I threw my left hand over my eyes and found myself staring out the living room window at the sunrise.

Fuck, where am I? When I turned my head, my brain exploded in pain and I grunted as my hangover took control. I was on the couch covered up in a blanket. Now who the hell threw a blanket over me? I felt my stomach rumble and that familiar feeling I get before I had to pray to the porcelain god began to course through me. I tossed the blanket on the floor and crawled off the bed so I could stumble into the bathroom. I just made the toilet as I vomited into the bowl.

I just wanted to curl up and die. I rested my chin on the toilet rim and closed my eyes. I didn't want to budge; this was my spot, my chosen location to die.

"Jesus, it smells like shit in here! What'd you do, blow both barrels at the same time? God, Pat...the only time you're like this is JD! Drink the whole fucking bottle this time?"

"Leave me to die in misery alone you bitch!" I croaked through the drool. Haven't you done enough to me?" I couldn't turn my head to look at was once the love of my life. I heaved more of my stomach into the commode.

"Me? You mean you don't you? I wasn't the one to set up house with my best friend!"

"Dani, why the fuck are you here? You wouldn't talk to me then, you wouldn't tell me what I did to upset you, you wouldn't let me try and defend myself. You fucking leave to live with that bitch of a mother of yours and you start dating other men. Then, you fucking leave a message saying you're going to see a fucking lawyer which tells me it's over between us. So, I ask you...what the fuck are you doing here? Get whatever the fuck you need and let me die in peace. Okay?"

Without saying a word, Dani turned and left. Thank god, I thought as I retched yet again offering further sacrifice to the gods. When I finally got control on my stomach, I managed to push myself up and stand. Wobbling a bit, I made my way into the bedroom and tripped falling against the corner bed post before everything went black.

Déjà vu. I moaned as I gradually opened my eyes to the sound of tones and beeping and darkness. I was lying on my back, on a bed in a small room. Reaching over with my right hand, I could feel tubes running from my left arm. Not again, I groaned. I'm in a god damn hospital. What the fuck did I do now, alcohol poisoning?

Nah, I vaguely remember tripping over something when I stumbled into our...my bedroom. But, how did I end up here? Was Dani there? I thought I'd dreamed her nagging me as I was bent over the porcelain bowl, I was sure of it.

"Hey slick, back with the living? Remind you of anything?" Dani chuckled. "You always had a way of impressing me with your graceful ways."

"How did I end up here?" I muttered closing my eyes.

"Well, after you decided to empty an entire bottle of Jack's finest amber, you managed to crawl into the bathroom to empty anything you ever had in your system into the toilet and other obvious locations. Afterwards, you tripped over those gunboat sized shoes of yours and smashed your head against the corner bedpost.

How your noggin found that tiny extended corner, I'll never know but you opened up your cabeza pretty good, blood everywhere. God, Pat but you were a gusher. I really thought I might have lost you this time. I turned you over and shoved a compress over the wound in your scalp and called 911."

"Why?"

"Why what?" I could tell from the tone of her voice she knew what I meant.

"Why were you at the house? Why did you take care of me? Why are you still here?"

"Shit Sherlock, figure it out. I know you're only a mechanical engineer but I have faith you can form a solution," she said sarcastically.

It was at that moment I lost it. I'd had it with her and her temper, her sarcasm, her mother, everything! I was done with it all.

"Dani, you win...I lose. Get your lawyer. You can have everything, anything you want. You want it all...take it, I don't fucking care anymore. Believe whatever you want. The moment I'm outa this room, I am gone. You can have the house, the money, the savings, everything, okay? Just go, leave me alone...please? Go back to your lover boy, Ted Bowman. Your mother will love that. I won't be around anymore for her to bust my chops. Just remember, after the dust settles, who was behind all this."

I tried to get up but my head felt it would implode and I lay back down muttering under my breath. Dani left, again, without saying a word.

Seconds later, a soft voice said, "Mr. O'Flynn, you must remain still." I felt warm hands over my arm and forehead checking the connections and dressing. She must be my nurse.

"I'm sorry, I was having a little discussion with my soon to be ex-wife. I guess I got a little upset."

"You mean the woman that just ran out of here?"

"Yeah..."

"What did you say to her? She was in tears, sobbing as she ran past the station."

"Nothing really, I just told her I give up, she won."

That soft voice continued in a whisper, "For someone who won, she looked so sad, so defeated."

"Really? She was crying?"

"Oh yes, I've seen it before but usually for someone who has lost a loved one to illness. She must love you an awful lot."

I didn't say anything further. The nurse fussed over me for another minute but before she left, she touched my cheek and said, "Don't give up on her."

A tear trickled down over my face and I began to cry. I hid my face in my arm and began sobbing. All my anger, frustrations, all my heartache boiled to the surface. Sweet Jesus, maybe they were conspiring against me, my wife, my girls, this nurse and God.

I felt her fingers gently run through my hair. When her palm grazed my ear, I grabbed it and held it against my wet cheeks. When I realized what I was doing, I quickly released her apologizing profusely, "Jeez, I'm so sorry...really, I shouldn't have..."

"Shhh...," she whispered tenderly and delicately wiped the tears away. My eyes snapped open in astonishment when her velvet lips brushed mine.

"Wha..."

"Please Patrick...don't turn me away...please!"

"Dani? I thought you'd left."

"I was. I made it to the lobby before I mustered up enough courage to come back. Patrick, I don't care what you did; I only know I can't live without you. But, can you love me enough to come back to me? Can you live without Crystal? I want you back, but you have to be only with me, Patrick. Can you do that?"

Dani was sobbing along with me. I grabbed her and pulled her down, my arms enfolding this woman that drove me nuts. I wanted to tell her nothing happened between me and Crystal, that her mother made the whole thing up but I didn't want lose what we had right now. I was afraid if I told her everything I knew, she wouldn't believe me and leave. Having her in my arms, both of us together again...I didn't want to lose it.

Finally I said, "Dani, I will do anything you want. I need you beside me."

She hugged me pulling me tight against her, her lips crushed against mine. God, I love this woman.

"God Pat, I've missed you so much. Can I come home?"

"Dani, as far as I am concerned, you never left."

"We'll go home together. I'll wait until they release you, Patrick."

"You need anything from your parents?"

"No, I don't want to go there. I'll wait here with you."

"Okay."

"Dani?"

"Yes my love?"

"I need you to call your father. He wanted to meet me at work today at noon. Tell him I can't make it."

"Dad, why did he want to see you?

"Don't know, Dani. Do you know anything?"

Dani was quiet for a moment. "Maybe because of Ted Bowman."

muirmadra
muirmadra
545 Followers