Deceptions Abound

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I stopped pacing and stared at her. "Why couldn't you just listen to me, let me show you, Dani. I could have proved they were phonies but you wouldn't give me the chance. That's your love for me, that's how much you really cared about saving our marriage."

There was a knock at the door and Black Mike's filtered through. "Pat, there's a guy here says he's your father-in-law. He's with Ashlin."

"Ash is here? Damn it, she should be in school," I muttered. "Okay, you'd better show them back here."

Moments later, the door crept open and Ash peered around the frame. "Sorry Dad, Grandpa was trying to find you and called me hoping I knew where you where. I got concerned and came home."

Right behind her was Harvey looking sheepish and very sad. "Well, come on in...your mother and I where just discussing current events at the moment." Dani was still on the edge of the bed trying to wipe away her tears.

"Mom! Are you alright? Dad, what did you do?" Ash looked accusingly at me when she asked and her mother spoke out, "Ash, he didn't do anything, I did. I forgot what comes with love...trust. I failed to trust your father and made a horrible mistake, one that I might not be able to fix. So, don't blame your father for my mistakes."

Ash quickly went to her mother who began crying again and held her in Ash's arms.

"Pat, I need to speak with you son."

I turned and gazed at my father-in-law, Harvey. He looked haggard and worn out, his eyes full of hurt. "Let's go into the bar, we can talk there. Ash and Dani need to be alone," I said and, holding his shoulder, guided him from the room.

"Mike, I need the back booth for awhile. Can you bring us a couple of beers?"

Mike nodded and I hustled Harvey to the far booth. Mike followed with a couple of cold drafts and set them on the table.

"Pat, call me if you need anything?"

I nodded and said, "Thanks, Mike...you're a true friend."

"Okay, Harvey, what did you want to talk to me about?"

Harvey took a long swig of the cold beer and gasped. Looking down at the table, he said, "I've just learned something that horrifies me and will undoubtedly anger you but I have to tell you. It's about Olivia. She has been trying to brea..."

I raised my hand to stop him and said, "I know, she hired Crystal to tell Dani she and I were have an affair. Olivia got some trash PI to take some photos and doctor them to look like we were together. I also know Olivia tried getting Ted Bowman to attempt to seduce Dani knowing if he'd been successful, there would be no way I'd ever take her back."

Harvey was stunned. I guess he didn't know the extent his wife had taken to ruin my marriage. "My god, Pat...I am so sorry for all of this. I didn't know about Crystal or any photos. I only knew Olivia had asked Bowman to woo Dani. I overheard them on the phone. I had picked up the phone to call work when I heard them talking.

My loving wife was...was instructing Bowman how to handle Dani, to seduce her and once divorced, he could marry her. I was sick to my stomach. I knew Olivia didn't like you but I couldn't fathom she would go to such work to destroy your marriage."

Harvey took another long gulp of his beer and hung his head. I reached over and patted him on the shoulder saying, "Harvey, I don't blame you. Of all of us, you and the girls are innocent victims in all this. Look, I know you love Olivia and I'm not asking you to do anything against her, just don't interfere when I confront her with this crap she created."

His eyes glinted with fire when he said, "Olivia and I are through. I can't handle anymore of her sick twisted hatred of anyone that disagrees with her. Pat, I've left her and I'm filing for divorce. I just wanted you to know what she was trying to do with Ted Bowman. I was going to tell Dani, but she disappeared just after I found out. I thought if I could find you, I'd probably find Dani. I called Ash and she told me about The Hole in the Wall but she demanded she go with me to find you. I'm sorry, but I gave in to her. Ash is a very forceful young woman."

I smiled. "Don't I know it! She's got the best of both me and her mother...and probably the worst. Look Harv, you're more than welcome to stay at our house until you get yourself straightened out."

"What about my daughter, will you be able to forgive her?"

I sighed, my shoulders dropping. "I don't know. Her love wasn't evidently strong enough for her to trust me."

Harvey sighed, "Pat, please understand...Dani was also a victim in this conspiracy. What would you have done if Bowman had shown up on your doorstep with photos of Dani and him? What would you think once he said he and Dani had been having an affair and here's the proof?"

"Harvey, I understand what you're trying to do here but I would hope my love was enough to confront her before I jumped off the pier."

"Pat, please believe me...I have learned my lesson! I will never doubt you again. Please take me back."

I spun around to find Dani and Ash standing just behind me. Ash was glaring at me.

"Dad, you've always taught Katy and me about forgiveness...what about you?"

I stood and stared into my wife's tearful eyes. Finally, that hardboiled shell cracked. I couldn't help it, I held my arms out to her and she threw herself against me, her arms in a death grip around my torso. Sobbing into my chest, I ran my fingers gently through her hair and whispered, "God, woman...haven't you got a clue how much I love you, how much I need you in my life?" She didn't answer, her head buried against me.

Dani finally began to calm down and pulled away to look up at me. "I love you Michael Patrick O'Flynn and you are stuck with me!" I smiled at her until we were both startled by a scream from Ash. "Grandmother!"

We all turned toward Ash who was staring at the entrance to the bar. Olivia was standing there, a murderous look in her eyes. She began to move toward us screaming my name.

"Patrick O'Flynn, you've ruined my life and everything I worked toward. You've stolen my daughter from me and now you've taken my husband as well. Well, no more!" She reached into her purse and yanked out a large blue steel revolver.

"MOTHER, NO!" screamed Dani. Ash was shouting at her grandmother to put down the gun but she didn't heed either of them. She slowly advanced toward me, pointing the pistol in my direction. I pushed Dani away and moved to the side, away from Dani and Ash.

"Olivia, stop this nonsense!" demanded her husband Harvey. "Have you gone insane? Do you really want to kill the only man your daughter loves, the father of your grandchildren?" Harvey stood between her and me.

"Harvey, move away..." I yelled but he ignored me. "Olivia, you'll have to kill me first," said Harvey.

"You left me Harvey," she cried. "You deserted me for this son of a bitch. He deserves to die for ruining our lives."

Harvey stood a few feet away from her, the revolver held low but pointed at his stomach.

"Please understand Harvey, it has to be this way. He has to die and you won't stop me. I will kill you if you don't move." Using both hands, she cocked the hammer, the gun still pointed at her husband.

"No, Olivia, I won't move. I guess your hate is stronger than your love for me. In that case, I no longer wish to live."

"God damn you Harvey!" She lifted the handgun and pointed the barrel at her husband's face before she suddenly slumped to the floor, Black Mike standing behind her with a leather sap. He quickly reached down and grabbed the gun carefully lowering the hammer.

"Shit, Pat...life around you is too fucking dangerous!" Mike gasped. "The police are on their way."

I said, "Thanks Mike, I owe you big time."

Dani ran up to the big man and hugged him. "Thank you so much, Mike, for saving my husband, my father and my mother." She pulled him down and kissed him on the cheek causing Mike to stammer and run to his sanctuary behind the bar.

While Harvey tended to Olivia, I grabbed Ash and Dani and held them tight against me. The thought of never seeing them again made me realize how precious they were in my life. All my anger and damaged ego fell away; the only thing important to me was my family.

Epilogue:

Olivia was taken into custody but, after an intense psychiatric examination, was committed to the County mental hospital. She's been a patient now for nearly two years.

Harvey, Dani and Ash see her on a regular basis. Me, well...everyone, including me, agrees it would be better if I remained home.

Katy did marry that young man I met in L.A. She is five months along with their first child, my first grandchild. Katy's hormones would kick up once in a while and she would go into hysterics thinking how close she came to losing me. Until she has the baby, she refuses to visit Olivia. Hey, I understand and agree.

Dani and I are closer than we've ever been. There have been times when I have had to scold her for trying to suffocate me with her attention and love. But, they never turned into fights. Those days are thankfully long gone.

As for Crystal, she got her ten thousand but it came at a high price, her friendship. Dani told her she was no longer welcome and it would be beneficial to her physical welfare if she relocated in another city. If she didn't, she may have a need for that money for future dental work and facial surgery. Needless to say, she moved away a month later.

Ashlin is now working for a terrific engineering firm, uh, would you believe... McKenzie, Ralls and Forest and O'Flynn, Inc.

As for me...life couldn't get any better.