Deep in the Night Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I don't understand," said Gary. "What's the puzzle, he killed them."

"Because," continued Jordan, "despite the nature of the wounds, they didn't die right away and the killer put a certain amount of energy into carrying out his plan. These are not random, spontaneous killings. He invaded the victims' home turf, so to speak, so he is bold and confident. With repeated murders in the same small area, he has become smug about what he has done.

He controlled his method of torment, so he also has the self-discipline and temperament of an older man; I would look for a man who is at least 28 years of age and not over 50, probably about 40. I would venture to say that he is educated and he may have a girlfriend or wife...."

"Wait a minute," Gary interrupted again, "How do you know all this, you're guessing."

"I'm not guessing Detective Matthews. I have more than ten years field experience in profiling serious criminals and several degrees in psychology to back that up. Now, if I may continue?"

Gary crossed his arms, but sat silent.

Jordan went on, "If he does have a wife, he dominates her and has probably abused her in some way too. Socially, though, he is immature and is a loner. As a last note, he is right-handed."

Sheriff Hagan interrupted now, " But how in the world..."

Jordan just smiled and continued, "Because my analysis of the pattern of the wounds. This is another side to these murders that we need to uncover. Once we find it, we can make great strides toward catching the killer. I am looking for a more specific motive. I need to know why he inflicted benign injury of this fashion to such an extent that it results in a person's death. Until then, I want every relative, neighbor and potential witness interviewed again. I will advise you on how to interrogate them.

Also, I am pretty sure he knows I'm looking for him and may try to flee. I want surveillance 24/7 at all roads out of town, Rt. 40 east and west and the north and south roads. I want every car coming out of Shawnee stopped and inspected if the occupant meets my profile. Sheriff, if you lack the manpower, I will contact the state police to supply extra troopers."

"Sure Jordan, but we're probably going to have the ACLU breathing down our throats. Someone will want to sue us for invading their privacy."

"I don't give a damn. I am going to do whatever the hell it takes to catch this guy. Make up a probable cause to stop them. If the ACLU calls here, let me handle it." Jordan announced definitively. Everyone in the room looked up at Jordan with a new interest. Her last statement appealed to them; maybe she wouldn't turn out to be a by-the-book fed after all.

"Detectives Matthews and Sampson have set up a database of suspects." Jordan glanced at Gary and Casey.

Casey jumped in, "Its right here Jordan. I presume you want us to focus on men between 28 and, let's say, 45?"

"That is a start." Jordan replied, "We can make a generalization in regard to Shawnee's population. Men account for 49% of the earth's population. How many reside in Shawnee, Sheriff?"

"Roughly 9000." Hagan replied.

"Okay, so we are talking about less than 4500 individuals. We can eliminate all children, teenagers, very young men and elderly men. Gary and Casey can obtain that information from the database."

"Sheriff, I want you to issue a press release. Anyone who notices a man following them or stalking them, whether by foot or in a car, must contact the sheriff's office immediately."

Jimmy raised his hand, "Yes, Jimmy." Jordan nodded.

"What are the possibilities that the killer is not from Shawnee? Suppose he is from Albuquerque or over in Texas? Or maybe a neighboring small town?"

"I don't think so." Jordan answered. "Remember, he knows his victims. He has taken the time to follow them and become familiar with their lifestyle. He has to be close by to acquire this information. Are there any other questions?"

Hagan spoke up, "Jordan, do you think he will strike again?" Jordan was quiet for a moment, as though deep in thought.

"Not now. He knows we are on to him, especially since I am in town. He will lay low for awhile. But he has some plan concocted and he will want to continue with it. That is another reason for the roadblocks; he might decide to start all over again somewhere else. If there are no further questions, I'd like everyone to get started."

Jordan collected the photos as the task force began filing out of the room. Bill Hagan walked over to her, "Jordan, my wife asked me to invite you to dinner tonight if you can make it."

Jordan smiled at him, "Tell your wife I will gladly accept. I can't remember when I had a home cooked meal last."

"Evelyn thought you might appreciate a good meal. I will introduce you to Bill Hagan's excellent barbecued ribs on the grill."

"Great," Jordan laughed, "I'm looking forward to it."

"Six o'clock okay? Head east on Main, make a right onto Elm and follow it till it ends. Take a left onto Clover. We're the third house on the right."

"I'll see you then." Jordan replied.

Casey waited till the sheriff was done and was about to approach Jordan when Gary beat her to it.

He said to her, "Jordan, I am afraid we got off to a bad start. I'd really like to talk to you. There's, uh, some issues about this case I would like to discuss with you." Actually, he didn't have any issues, but if it got him a chance to work on Jordan, he was going to use it.

Jordan was slightly interested, "What's on your mind?"

"Well, I was thinking maybe it would be better to discuss them over dinner."

A knowing smile played over Jordan's face, "Detective, if you have some input into this case, I would like to hear it as soon as possible. Time is the enemy in these types of investigations."

Gary flirted with Jordan, "Any conversation is greatly enhanced by good wine, good food and a comfortable setting."

"Oh, really?" Jordan replied. "Then it would be a shame to ruin such a setting with a discussion about murders."

"Okay, then we can discuss the case now and have dinner later." Gary asserted.

"Sounds wonderful." Jordan lied. "But, it just so happens, I have plans for dinner." Gary's mind raced, Casey couldn't have scored already..

"Then tomorrow night?" He persisted.

Jordan smiled again, "Detective..."

"Please, it's Gary."

"Detective..." she began again, "...I'm afraid I wouldn't be very good company. A date is the furthest thing from my mind right now and besides it's not the most professional thing to, is it? You understand I'm sure." Her tone indicated her reluctance to discuss the matter any further; she continued packing up the materials.

But, Gary persevered, "I doubt that Agent Connor. You would be lovely company." He blatantly let his eyes move up and down Jordan's figure.

"Then I am sorry to deprive you of my company." Jordan finished.

"Are you?" Gary answered walking out, a touch of irritation in his voice.

Casey heard the entire dialogue and smiled to herself. Gary struck out and that put her in a good mood for the rest of the day. She changed her mind about approaching Jordan, though; obviously she wasn't in the frame of mind to flirt right now. She would hold off awhile and talk to her later.

She was too hot a prospect to give up on so easily.

(To be continued)

Share this Story

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Similar Stories

Kennedy's Girl Rugby captain eyes the new girl at practice.in Lesbian Sex
A Love Story Love grows between two womenin Lesbian Sex
Afterglow Pt. 01 Elizabeth's life will never be the same.in Lesbian Sex
If You're Reading This... A soldier comes home.in Lesbian Sex
A Snowball Running Ch. 01 The Needful and Glacial Seduction of Alicia.in Lesbian Sex
More Stories