Devonny Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Eli guided her through the steps with masculine grace. The waltz was simply enough. He led her and gently corrected her through the more complicated gavotte and tried to lead her along with imaginary partners through the dizzying quadrilles. Eli was gentle and patient but firm. He didn't hesitate to correct a misstep.

Devonny collapsed into the settee nearly three hours later. "If I don't have it now, Eli, I'm having trouble mustering up the enthusiasm to care." She leaned her head back, allowing her eyes to drift closed with a sigh.

Eli eased down beside her, leaned back and considered her silently, draping an arm over the back of the settee. She had taken off her cap and unbound her hair, dark curls spilling over her shoulders and framing her lovely face. His gaze traced her profile from her brow to the thick ebony fringe of lashes against her cheeks. Her nose was perfectly straight above full pink lips and a delicate chin.

He reached out without thinking and grasped a ringlet of curls between his fingers, marveling at its softness and the way it curled around his fingertip.

His gaze roved unbidden to her beasts as she breathed deeply. She had unbuttoned the high neck of her gown during their lesson and he could glimpse the smooth swell of her breasts above the lace of her shift.

Heat inflamed his loins, his breaches suddenly feeling far too tight. He stifled discomfited groan into a cough and swallowed hard, jerking his gaze back to her face when she turned her sweet smile on him.

"Thank you, Eli," she murmured. "You're always too good to me."

Eli returned the smile and released the lock of her hair from his grasp. "Anything for you, love."

Devonny grinned and stood. "Shall we move the furniture back?"

Eli waved his hand dismissively. "I've got it. You go ahead."

She beamed at him. "Goodnight, Eli."

Eli watched her go, admiring the swish of her skirts. He rubbed a hand of the days growth of stubble at his jaw, smiling vaguely. Whether she performed the steps perfectly or not, it was of little consequence. She was like a beam of sunlight breaking through the clouds on an overcast day. Any man would see it, damn the dance steps.