Diane's Diaries

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Since I had gotten home early I had prepared dinner so I got up, fixed myself a plate and sat down to eat. Diane said she wasn't hungry and she got up and went up to her room. I cleaned the dishes and then sat down to watch the evening news. Still nothing on the four assholes. I watched the Discovery channel for a while and then went to bed.

+++++++++++++++++

The next morning I checked the TV and the paper, but saw nothing on 'the gang of four' so I ate breakfast and then drove out and saw the car still parked where I'd left it. I did a u-turn and went back to town and found a pay phone. Disguising my voice I called the police. I told them that I'd driven by the car for a couple of days and it hadn't moved, but there looked like someone was in it and then I hung up before they could ask me for any more information. In my heart I wanted the bastards to die, but in my head I knew their deaths could send me to jail for the rest of my life. Depending on the story they told I could still go to jail, but maybe for only a couple of years.

That evening on the evening news I heard, "In a bizarre situation police found four men handcuffed in a car parked out on Wilcox road. Captain John Marshall, police department spokesman, said the four were rushed to Memorial Hospital. No further information is available at this time, but we will update you as information comes in. So Mike, what are we looking at weather wise?"

"Well Marsha, there is a high over.............."

The next couple of days would be interesting as I waited to see what would happen. One thing that did happen was that Diane gave me a very concerned look when she got home that night and she stayed well clear of me.

I had a date Saturday morning to play golf with my cousin Tom and when I got to his house to pick him up and he opened the door I punched him in the mouth. Before he could shake it off I hit him two more times and when he fell to the floor I kicked him twice in the ribs. Just as I was kicking him his wife walked up and demanded to know what the hell I was doing. I pointed at him lying on the floor and said:

"Ask him. I'm pretty sure he has figured it out by now."

Then I looked down at him and said, "You were family asshole. Notice I said "were." I don't ever want to lay eyes on you again. Understand me?"

He nodded a yes and as I turned to leave Alice was already demanding that Tom tell her what was going on.

The rest of the weekend went by with Diane steering well clear of me.

++++++++++++++

Monday when I returned from my morning run Diane told me that my boss had called and wanted me to call him as soon as I got the message. I called and he told me to take a couple of more days off until he could resolve the situation with Andy, Ben, Dan and Rich. That afternoon he called and asked me to come into the office and see him.

When I got there he told me that he had fired Ben, Rich and Dan for poor performance and for violating the company policies and procedures manual in that three days of no call and no show were grounds for immediate dismissal. He told them if they left quietly he would give them a 'reasonable' letter of reference, but if they didn't he would make sure that anyone who called for a reference would be told they were totally worthless. The three chose to get the hell out.

Andy was a different matter. He was told that his job performance was good enough to justify overlooking the three days of no call no show, but that he would have to take a transfer to either Chicago or Indianapolis. Andy quickly figured out what was going on and said that they had told the police a bullshit story about what happened so that Dan and Rich's wives wouldn't find out the real reason, but if was going to be forced to move he was going to tell the police the real reason. I told him to tell Andy to meet him in conference room C.

When Andy walked into the conference room and saw me yelled, "You motherfucker" and rushed at me. He was in a rage and his intent was to tackle me like he had tackled running backs in college and get me on the floor and then work on me. At the last second I moved to the side, grabbed his shirt and used his momentum to run him head first into the wall. While he was dazed and down I kicked him twice – hard – in the nuts and then using a three hole punch I picked up off the conference table I beat on him until my arm got tired. I grabbed a handful of his hair, jerked his head up and got right down in his face.

"Listen to me shit face. You take the move because if you stay here this is what you have to look forward to every day we work together from now on. You can call the police if you want to but know this; when I get out and I don't care if it is days, weeks, months or years I will come for you and the next time I will either kill you or cripple you for life and you had best fucking believe that. The only way you can stop me is kill me and then you will be the one to go to jail."

I slammed his head down on the floor, stood up and kicked him once more in the nuts and then told him I would back to work at eight the next morning and if I saw him I would come after him. I turned and left the room. I stopped at Chuck's office and told him I would be coming back to work the next morning.

Since I was in just the right mood I drove over to where Diane worked to pay Donny a visit. I saw that Diane's car was still in the parking lot even though it was thirty-five minutes after quitting time. The security guard at the front desk recognized me, smiled and told me that Diane was still up in her office. I told him I had stopped by to surprise her and take her to dinner. When I got off the elevator the floor looked empty, but I heard voices coming from the end of the hall where Donny's office was and I headed that way. As I came up to the door I heard Diane talking to Donny and I stopped just to the side of the door and listened in.

"I don't care Donny. I keep telling you I don't have to suck your dick anymore. I don't have to let you and your friends fuck me. Henry knows. I don't know how he found out, but he knows so you can't threaten me with telling him anymore so put your dick back in your pants."

"It is out and you will suck it before I put it away. You forget that there is still your dear mom and pop, your grandparents, your neighbors and friends. I own you and you had best not ever forget that."

I rushed into the office and was on him before he knew what was happening. I punched him in the mouth, pulled him out of his chair and slammed him against the wall and then I wailed on him until he sank to the floor and then I put the boot to him. I kicked him half a dozen times while Diane screamed for me to stop before I killed him. I stepped back and snarled at her:

"Oh Heavens Diane. I sure don't want to be responsible for hurting your boyfriend. By all means I'll back off so you can go to him and kiss things to make them better."

"Fuck you Henry. The asshole isn't my boyfriend. I just don't want you going to jail."

"Fine time to worry about me. You should have done that before you trashed our marriage."

I picked Donny up and sat him down in his chair and back handed him a couple of more times and said:

"Listen to me shit for brains; listen and pay very close attention to what I say. If any of the shit you have collected on Diane gets to any of her family or friends and I hear about it I will come after you and I will cripple you for life. Imagine yourself in a wheel chair and taking all of your meals through a straw and you will have some idea of the very least that I will do to you. As far as fucking her is concerned that is strictly between the two of you, but if she says no you had better fucking listen to her. You probably don't need to worry about her taking care of your customers since you have turned her into such a whore you won't need to blackmail her into doing it anyway. You had better believe me when I say that all of your blackmail material had better be destroyed because I will not be a happy camper if any of it gets out. Doesn't matter if you do it on purpose or it accidently gets out there; if it shows I will be coming for you."

I turned and walked out and went home. Diane got home about twenty minutes later and when she started to say something I got up and left the room.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Wednesday when I got to work I found that Andy had taken a transfer to Chicago. I never did find out what story the four assholes told the police, but they never did come and talk to me.

Diane was in her room when I got home from work Wednesday evening and she never came out while I was still up. When I got back from my run the next morning she had breakfast ready and as I sat down to eat she said:

"We need to talk Henry."

"No we don't Diane. There isn't anything you can say that I want to hear."

"Doesn't it matter to you at all that I love you?"

"Not the least little bit. In the first place after reading your diaries I don't believe it and secondly, even if it were true, it would mean nothing unless I could return it and my love for you died page by page as I read those fucking books."

"Bullcrap Henry! You must feel something for me or you wouldn't done what you did for me the other night."

That wasn't for you. That was for me, your parents and grandparents. I needed to relieve some of my rage and that was my main reason for being there. Telling him what I would do to him if he ever released any of his blackmail material was an afterthought. I think too much of your mom and dad to let them find out what a piece of shit you are."

"I don't deserve that Henry."

"Yes you do Diane, that and more. You keep forgetting that I've read your thoughts. I read where you wrote how turned on you got kissing me after you had sucked another man's cock. I read about how your orgasms were so much better when you fucked me just after giving your cunt to another man. No Diane, no matter what I cal you it will never be strong enough to really describe my feelings toward you."

"If you feel all that strongly why are we living in the same house?"

"Because I am not going to ruin myself financially just because you decided to become a whore. I have yet to see a divorce where the lawyers didn't get rich, the husband ruined and the wife walk away with everything of value so no way am I going to divorce you."

"You are serious? That is your real reason?"

"It is."

"Well I guess that lets some of the air out of my balloon."

"What the fuck does that mean?"

"I was hoping you were just trying to keep us close until you could get over your 'mad' and then we could to patch things up."

"Why in the hell would you think something like that?"

"Because I love you and deep down I know that you love me. You can call me a whore all you want Henry, but I never shorted you. I gave you all the love and affection and sex you could handle. You never heard "Sorry, but I have a headache" or "Not tonight, I'm too tired." Half the time you didn't come after me, it was me coming after you. Okay, so somebody else got to use it, but I was blackmailed into it Henry. I did not want to do it, but there was no way that you could have seen that tape that Donny shot of me and not believe that I was one hundred percent into it and there was no way, absolutely no way, that I could ever let my mom see it. Even if I had been the one to chase after those guys I could not let mom see it."

"Jesus Christ Diane; will you get it through your head that I read all of your fucking diaries? Who blackmailed you into telling me that you had a quick overnight trip out of town so you could go out to the airport, pick up a guy in the bar and spend the night with him? Who blackmailed you into spreading yourself on my desk so Rich could fuck you? What was used to get you to fuck Ben, Dan and Andy? What really bad shit that you couldn't bear to have me see got you to call Dan and tell him he could come over if he brought three or four friends with him? Who forced you to call my cousin Tom and ask him if he would like to come over and have some more of you?

"You went from being my wife to being everybody's whore so wake up to the fact that you killed your marriage Diane. You and you alone drove the stake through it."

She looked at me for maybe ten seconds and then said, "No hope?"

"Not a hope in hell."

She had tears running down her cheeks when she got up and left the room.

+++++++++++++++++++++

For the rest of the week we avoided each other and on Monday I left for my next district visit. When I got home Friday evening the house was dark and Diane's car wasn't in the garage. "Out getting laid" is the thought that crossed my mind. I could see that something was different as soon as I turned on the lights, but it took a second or so before it registered. Some of the furniture was missing. I went upstairs and checked Diane's room and it was empty. I mean totally empty. The bed, the chest of drawers, the bedside tables, the lamps – everything. Her clothes were all gone and all of her 'feminine' products were gone from the attached bathroom. All that was left was the carpet on the floor.

When I got to the kitchen I saw an envelope on the kitchen table with Diane's wedding rings on top of it. I opened the envelope and there was a sheet of paper and a business card inside.

"Dear Henry,

I've accepted that I've lost you and knowing that is killing me. I can't bear living so close to you when we don't even talk to each other, smile at each other or touch.

I've found myself an apartment and I've taken just enough to get me moved in. The enclosed business card is my attorney's. Please call him and let him know where you would like to be served. I did not want it done where you work.

I know you don't believe it, but I do love you. Take care of yourself,

Diane."

I hadn't expected that. I'd thought Diane would go along with what I had set up. Why wouldn't she? She had a place to live that would be cheaper than an apartment and a lot more comfortable. The only thing a divorce would give her would be the freedom to remarry and given her whorish ways I wouldn't think she would be interested in doing that. Why marry someone you know you are going to cheat on? No matter I guess. I hadn't wanted a divorce, but it was now out of my hands. On the good side I could now relax at home and not have keep my eyes open to avoid being around Diane.

Friday I called her attorney and arranged to pick up the papers at his office during lunch. His secretary gave me the papers and I sat down and read them. They didn't make any sense to me. I asked the secretary if the attorney was in and she said he was so I asked to see if he could give me a few minutes of his time. She showed me into his office and he asked me what he could do for me and I handed him the papers.

"Is something missing?"

He looked them over and said, "No, it is all there."

"She is citing Irreconcilable Differences and God knows there are certainly those, but I don't see anything about division of assets."

"That is because that is what she said she wanted. I told her I thought she was crazy, but she was firm about it. All she wanted was to sever the bonds of matrimony and walk away. All you have to do is sign the papers and send them back and wait for the courts to rubber stamp it. In six months you will be single again."

"Well I won't sign these the way they are. Do I have to get an attorney and file motions and all that kind of stuff or can you make a simple change to the document?"

"What kind of change?"

"I have no problem with the Irreconcilable Differences, but she deserves her share of the assets. An even split and if she wants the house she can buy me out. Otherwise I'll sell it and give her half of the proceeds. Do that and I'll sign."

"This is most unusual."

"In what way?"

"The wife in these things usually wants the husband left raped and bleeding. The husband fights like hell to keep the wife from getting even a dime. They fight over who gets the coffee table, the kitchen towels, the dog, the cat and one divorce was stalled while they fought over who would get the sign that hung on their front door that said "Welcome." I'll call her and see if she will agree to let me amend the petition. Is she won't I guess you will have to get an attorney. If you will have a seat in the outer office I'll see what I can do."

As I sat there waiting I was asking myself just what the fuck I was doing? She was gone and it wasn't going to cost me a dime so why was I making her take half when I could have had it all? I knew the answer, but I had a hard time admitting it to myself. I loved the stupid cunt. I loved her, but there was no way that I could ever live with her again knowing what I knew. If I had never found that diary in her car we could have lived together with no problem for the rest of our lives. She was right. She had never shorted me. I was happier than a pig in shit until I found that fucking book. I had nine years of bliss with Diane and for that alone she deserved her share of what we had.

Ten minutes later I was back in the attorney's office. "She agreed to the change, but will only settle for a seventy/thirty split in your favor and she does not want the house. Please take it. If this gets out I'll become a laughing stock in my profession. Just imagine. Asking the husband of the woman I'm representing to take more money."

"How soon can you have the change document?"

"I'll have it ready by four-thirty."

I told him I would be back to sign it at that time. I went back in at four-thirty and signed the papers and expected that to be the end of it.

++++++++++++++++++++

I didn't see or talk to Diane over the next six months, but she let me know that she was around. I received a Christmas card with a short message on it. "I love you and I miss you." On Valentine's Day I received a Fed-Ex package from her. It was a heart shaped box of candy with a card that had the same message that had been on the Christmas card. There was a card on my birthday telling me that she loved me and always would.

Once Diane had moved out and I had signed the papers I had put the house up for sale and it had moved quicker than I expected. I looked around and found a nice three bedroom condo and moved. On the day the divorce became final I received a card at my new address. It was one of those blank ones that you write your own message in.

"I know that this is what you wanted and even though I would have preferred that it never happened I hope that you are happy. I miss you. I love you and I always will. Take care my love."

I could not for the life of me understand it. How could she continue to profess her undying love for me when she had done her best to kill mine for her? I know she didn't set out to do it deliberately, she just didn't expect to get caught, but then cheaters never do. And she had cheated. Even if I discounted what she when she was being blackmailed there was still what she did when she wasn't. Well, it was now in the past and I was free to get on with my life.

++++++++++++++++++

I started looking around. I wasn't ready to get into another long term relationship, but I did like the company of the opposite sex so I started dating. I was lucky enough to find a woman who wasn't looking for a permanent relationship either, but who was open to a 'friends with benefits' type relationship and Alicia and I started spending a lot of time together. I didn't know how long it would last, but I had liked being married and I knew that some day I was going to start looking for Diane's replacement.

But first there was one last act to be played out in the Henry/Diane story.

I had just unpacked from my latest district trip and the door bell rang. I went to the door and found Diane standing there.