Diavolo Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The two bodyguards opened the doors and filed out first. A buxom, red-haired nurse wheeled Gabriel out. Abigail had never seen her before, but the girl was beyond beautiful, her scarlet lips glistening with the flash of the cameras. Michael and Angelo flanked either side of the wheelchair with Diamond coming up behind the nurse.

The reporters descended upon him like vultures. Phones were shoved close to his face and questions flew.

He smiled and answered with more patience than Abigail thought she'd have if she'd ever find herself in a similar situation.

"Can you walk, Gabriel?"

"Sure can. Just thought I'd take advantage of the complimentary service," he chuckled, jerking his thumb over his shoulder at the seductively smiling nurse.

Ribald laughter ensued.

"Where is your girlfriend, Gabriel? Are you two still together?"

Abigail froze. Gabriel seemed to do the same.

He looked to the sides and signaled to Michael. "Let's get to the car."

The reporters continued to throw questions at him.

"Abby, we gotta talk when I get home," he said, his voice almost a growl.

Her belly did a nervous flip.

They made it to the SUV. The wheel chair was rolled onto a metal plate she hadn't noticed before. It looked like a low ramp.

The nurse walked around to the front of the wheel chair and leaned down.

Abigail watched in shock as the woman slipped her fingers into Gabriel's dark hair and kissed him. People howled and applauded, whistled and cheered.

Abigail had seen enough. Standing from the armchair by the big fireplace in Anna Maria's living room, she walk calmly to the bathroom by the hall and closed herself inside.

She'd long disconnected the call. She couldn't talk to Gabriel right now. She needed to collect her scattered thoughts. Seeing another woman putting her mouth on his had...shattered her inside.

What did she expect? He was a rock star. She'd been stupid to forget that about him. The last few days had been so idyllic. They'd talked, laughed, he'd flirted incessantly with her, making her feel special. He'd told her he loved her just moments before. Did those words mean anything to him? Maybe all he wanted was sex. Maybe she was the only female to ever hold out on him and she just posed a challenge.

Mikayla was sure he would grow tired of her and move on.

Abigail looked at her reflection in the mirror. She'd left her hair loose because he'd said he loved it that way. She even put on some make up and wore a pair of jeans with a form fitting tank top in pink, dressing in a way she thought might please him. How stupid and naive she'd been.

She was no competition for the type of females Gabriel attracted; tall, slim, silicon breasts and bee-sting lips.

She was too shy to dress racy, didn't know the first thing about applying makeup expertly, and she certainly didn't know how to act seductive.

Abigail looked at herself in the mirror, not surprised to find her mascara starting to run from the stupid tears leaking out the sides of her eyes. Removing her glasses, she dabbed at the corners with a tissue.

Her phone ringing startled her. Looking at the screen, she saw it was Gabriel.

Ignoring the softly chiming phone, she continued to dab at the stupid tears that insisted on running down her cheeks. Her nose was turning red and her eyes looked bright. The damage was done. There was no way anyone wouldn't guess she was trying not to bawl her eyes out and doing a poor job of it.

Again, the phone rang and dinged, signaling a text had been left.

It rang and dinged three more times before it finally fell silent.

With trembling hands she picked up the phone and opened the messages.

Gabe:

Baby pick up. That shit was staged. I had no idea.

Gabe:

Baby please pick up the phone.

Gabe:

NOW!!

Gabe:

Don't u dare leave the house Abigail! We are going to talk!!

Abigail scoffed at the last message. Who did he think he was?

A soft knock at the door made her jump.

"Mijita, are you alright?" Anna Maria called through the door.

Abigail felt guilty at leaving the poor old woman alone.

Taking a deep breath, she opened the door and smiled.

"I'm fine," she managed to say without breaking down.

Anna Maria frowned and shook her head. "These women. They throw themselves at my grandson, mijita. He has eyes only for you, believe me. I can see it."

Abigail nodded. "It's okay, Anna Maria."

The woman frowned. "No. I see you are upset. You are a good girl, and Gabriel adores you. Do not doubt him."

Abigail bit her lip. She couldn't very well tell Gabe's grandmother that she suspected Gabe just wanted to bed her.

"We're just so different," Abigail sighed.

"Nonsense," the older woman tutted. "Gabriel is a good man and you're a good girl. You're perfect for each other."

If only it were that simple.

Her phone rang again and Anna Maria looked at her expectantly.

Abigail gulped and answered it.

It wasn't Gabriel.

Mikayla's voice cackled with delight in her ear. "What did I tell you, stupid? There you go. Congratulations. You're yesterday's news. Did you finally give him some tail or did he just get tired of trying for it?"

Abigail smiled at Anna Maria and told her, "it's my sister."

The woman nodded and turned to go into the kitchen.

"Where are you?" Mikayla asked impatiently. "I haven't seen your mug in over a month."

"How'd you get my number?" Abigail asked closing her eyes.

"It's on mom's phone," her sister answered laughing. "Don't tell me you've been staying at the hospital all this time? Really, Abby. That's beyond desperate."

"I have my own place," Abigail answered.

"What? Liar. Where'd you get the money? If you asked my boyfriend—"

"I have my own money, thank you," Abigail spat.

Mikayla snickered. "Whatever. So where is this little place of yours?"

Abigail swallowed, reluctant to reveal her whereabouts. "Bayside."

Mikayla snorted. "What? You get a job as a live-in maid?"

Abigail felt her face grow hot. "The owner is always away and needs someone to look after the place."

She cringed when Mikayla burst out laughing. "You have got to be fucking kidding me. Are you serious? I-mean, I only said that to bust your chops, but Jesus! A maid?" More loud laughter.

Abigail felt her temper flare. "It's a decent enough job. At least I'm not a stripper!"

Mikayla sputtered. "Fuck you. I'll have you know it was one time in Vegas and it was for Gabriel. That's right. Gabe shoved a hundred dollar bill down my panties and I gave him the lap-dance of his life. You got my leftovers, Abs. And he dumped your ass from what I can see. That chick that wheeled him out of the hospital practically had her tongue down his throat."

"He said it was staged," Abigail defended.

More laughing, contemptuous this time. "You gullible idiot, that's what he told me about you at first too." She snorted with disdain. "How far did you let him get, Abby? Did he have you suck his cock too, or maybe do a little phone sex with him?"

Abigail hung up, horrified. Oh-god, had Gabriel let Mikayla...? Did they have sex? The thought disgusted Abigail. The thought she'd been touching herself thinking of the man disgusted her more, especially knowing her sister had had her mouth and who knew what else all over him. It made her want to gag. The images of the red-head locking lips with him just made her queasier. He'd probably come to her expecting to kiss her with that same mouth full of someone else's germs.

Abigail sat numbly on the armchair she'd vacated. The television was still showing images of Diavolo onstage. Laser lights lit up a stage, people screamed and pumped the air with their fists. Angelo pounded the drum set, his blond hair flying all over his face, Rafael and Ariel played close together, their hair obstructing their faces, and Gabriel ran up and down the edge of the stage, his bared upper body gleaming with sweat. Michael joined him as Gabriel reached to catch something a fan threw at him.

Abigail's eyes widened when she realized it was a pair of red panties. He held it high like a trophy, back bowing back as he sang his heart out.

When they began flashing pictures of Gabriel with different glamorous women, ending with the grainy ones of her with Gabriel, she elected to turn the flat screen off, sick to her stomach. She'd become one of Gabriel's many women. At least she could hold her head up, knowing she'd never allowed him to bed her.

Anna Maria brought out more refreshments. The sound of the door opening had Abigail stiffening.

"That would be my housekeeper," Anna Maria grinned.

In walked an elderly black woman dressed in dark purple leggings and a big grey t-shirt with a picture of the cat Tartar Sauce on it.

"Come meet Gabriel's girlfriend," Anna Maria was saying all smiles.

The other woman's eyes widened and a smile spread over her face. "Oh-my-lord, let me see," she said coming closer after leaving her purse and two shopping bags on the table by the entry.

Abigail lifted her hand and shook the woman's hand. "Hello. I'm Abigail," she said.

"Ooh, nice to meet you. Oh-my-goodness, but you're so beautiful. My name is Sharmane."

Abigail's smile froze for a moment. Was this the same Sharmane that cleaned the bedroom of the mysterious owner of the beach house she resided in now? It was possible. After all, Gabriel said he knew the owner. Perhaps he'd recommended Sharmane to him.

Satisfied with that, she allowed Sharmane to embrace her, obviously not satisfied with shaking her hand.

"Oh, Gabriel better be good to you otherwise I'll take him across my knee," the housekeeper was saying, surprising Abigail at her forwardness. Sharmane shook her head and rolled her eyes. "I've been taking care of him along with Anna Maria since he was seven years old."

Abigail grinned. "Oh my."

"Did you bring the ham?" Anna Maria was saying.

Sharmane hustled toward the kitchen. "Got a beauty. I'm going to start prepping it for tonight. Did you take the chicken out of the oven?"

"I've got it all on the platters. They should be here any moment. I do hope Angelo drives carefully. I want Gabriel home safe."

Sharmane poked her head over the counter that divided the dining room from the kitchen. "Will he still be staying here or in the other house?"

Anna Maria's gaze flicked to Abigail's before she answered, "I'm not really sure."

On cue, the front door opened and Angelo rushed in to give Anna Maria a bear hug.

Outside, Abigail heard many voices, Diamond, Michael, Erica, and Rafe's. It seemed everyone had come with Gabriel.

His shoulder had healed and he used crutches. Still, she saw the tightness around his lips and knew he was in a bit of pain. Her heart skipped a bit.

He was dressed in a tight black t-shirt and loose jeans. A pair of Nikes were on his feet as he made his way slowly to the door, Michael and Ariel flanking him. The guys were watching his every step, making sure he didn't fall.

He looked up, the breeze blowing swath of dark hair across his cheek and lips.

Almost expecting to see his mouth smeared in red, his lips were slightly parted to show a hint of straight white teeth.

Her belly clenched and her heart sped up at the sight of him.

She kept still though, her face serene, not wanting to let on how hurt she felt.

Anna Maria kept a tight arm around her waist, as if expecting her to bolt.

Gabriel's eyes blazed as he got closer. His face was unsmiling, determined.

Diamond strolled over to Anna Maria to greet her with an enthusiastic hug and kiss. She then turned to Abigail, eyes wide and smile even wider. "Abigail, right? Nice to see you again, hon."

Abigail tried not to cringe when the woman gave her a hug and kissed the air near her cheek. When Diamond looked back at her face, her serpent green eyes were glacial, her smile cruel.

Gabriel finally reached Abigail. Michael hugged and kissed her first and then stood by Gabriel as he reached for her with one arm.

"Easy," Michael warned when Gabriel's balance wobbled. Even Abigail's arms jumped to reach for him, thinking for a moment he was about to fall.

Rafe and Michael grabbed him as well as Abigail when he continued to tip forward. He didn't stop until he had himself against Abigail, his mouth seeking hers.

Abigail turned her face, giving him her cheek.

"Abby, god-damn-it, look at me," he snarled.

Abigail felt herself blush and blinked up at him from beneath her lashes.

"It was staged," he said, and then almost left her deaf when he shouted for Diamond to come over to them.

"Sweetie, what is it? You shouldn't be riling yourself like this," Diamond cooed.

"Tell her," Gabriel snapped. "Tell her what you did."

Diamond frowned making a disgruntled sound in her throat. With a roll of her eyes, she sighed in exasperation. "My friend wanted to meet you. She's had a lady boner for you for ages, plus she's a professional model. It made good PR to have her wheel you out and bid you farewell from the hospital. The fans and the media loved it."

Gabriel's gaze snapped back to Abigail. "See?"

She gulped and averted her gaze. It still hurt. She knew it wasn't his fault, but seeing that woman kiss him had cut her deeply. How was she going to feel when he finally walked away?

"Abby, please. Say something," he said softly.

She took a deep breath and looked up. Everyone was staring at her, making her blush harder.

"Baby," he crooned, sliding his fingers over her cheek, his eyes pleading.

"I-I'm okay, really. It's just...well I just need to get used to all this."

He swooped in and kissed her then. All thoughts of other women and germs soon forgotten as his sweet familiar taste and scent made her belly quiver.

They finally went into the house and out the back doors to the terrace. There were two tables outside laden with food. The early morning sun glittered off the pool water as the boys served themselves brunch.

Abigail had long since lost her appetite, but came over to Anna Maria when the woman called her.

Anna Maria was piling food on a plate at a disturbing rate.

Abigail's eyes gaped horrified when she said, "Here," and held the plate out to her. The plate held what Abigail would usually consume in maybe a week. Maybe more. "This is for Gaby. You take to him, yes?"

Abigail let out her breath and nodded.

She approached Gabriel, but slowed down when she realized Diamond had taken her seat.

Gabriel and she were talking and, from the looks of it, were also arguing heatedly.

A big muscular arm went around her shoulders at the same time a ginormous hand took one of the pieces of chicken from her heavily piled plate.

"Looks like you need help with that load," Michael chuckled.

"Diamond, dance with me," Angelo shouted yanking the blond from her seat and twirling her around.

Michael started walking, dragging Abigail with him.

"Hey, Gabe. Look what I found. A woman with a plate of your grandmother and Sharmane's cooking."

"Sight for sore eyes," Gabriel smirked. "And the woman too. Come-ere, Baby."

He yanked the seat closer to the lounge he reclined upon.

"Hey, Gabe, Ariel here says that if we toss you in the pool you'll sink because of the metal girder in your leg, man," Rafe called out.

Gabriel grinned and flipped him the finger. Grabbing one of his crutches, he held it over his shoulder like a bat and dared, "come over and try to toss me."

Ariel laughed, the first time Abigail had ever seen him do so. "Nah, man," he said. "Your girl's here. We wouldn't want to mess your hair." The others snickered along with the bass player.

They continued to horse around, cracking jokes at each other's expense and laughing. Usually more crude, today they seemed to be keeping it PG probably for Anna Maria's sake.

Later on toward late afternoon, Michael brought out acoustic guitars, giving Gabriel one.

Abigail watched him wince when he positioned it on his lap. Leaning back a bit, obviously seeking a more comfortable position, he began to play. Rafe and Michael accompanied him, but after three songs, he gave the guitar to Ariel.

Michael sang a few songs and Gabriel harmonized with him. Abigail was surprised at how well Michael could sing. They talked about when they started and Abigail listened intently, gasping when she learned their first drummer had died in a car crash when he was only seventeen. They'd also had another bass player who went to jail for fraud and petty burglary. The guy had been bad news all around.

"Luckily, we found Eeyore here," Ang said patting Ariel on his back. The bass player nodded, his eyes already slightly glassy from too much beer.

Abigail wondered how he'd gotten the terrible scar that ran from his left eyebrow down to his chin. It made his left eye sag a little, but if you looked at him from the right, he was very handsome...if you could ignore his usual broodiness. He also swayed from side to side, as if listening to his own interior music.

Later that evening, Sharman brought out a glazed ham adorned with pineapples and cherries.

Again, Anna Maria served Gabriel a heaping plate.

He was beginning to look tired. She took away his plate after he'd cleared it completely of the scary amount of food it had contained. When she came back to him, he gripped her wrist and pulled her closer.

"Gabriel, your leg," she gasped when he seemed to be pulling her to sit with him. He lowered his left leg and dragged her between his thighs.

She sat gingerly, acutely aware of his right leg behind her. Also, afraid to lean against him because of his ribs. He cupped her cheek and brought her close, kissing her gently.

"Stay with me tonight," he whispered.

She tried to lean away, but just the pressure of his fingers against her face kept her in place.

"Gabriel, you promised."

"I just want to sleep with you. That's all, Abby. What's sinful about that?"

"It's not right."

"Why not?"

She finally managed to get him to release his hold on her face and looked at him with what she hoped was a stern expression. "It just isn't. It's not proper."

He tipped his head to the side and stared at her, eyes blazing, "That's ridiculous, Abby."

She stood abruptly, but he gripped her wrist. She resisted his tugging.

"Gabriel, I said no."

"Alright, I'm sorry. Sit down." When she remained standing, he said in a softer tone, "please?"

She sat, but with her back ramrod stiff, inwardly chastising herself for letting his pretty face weaken her resolve, darn-it.

His nose traced the curve of her ear, giving her goose bumps. "I just don't want you to go. Would you at least consider staying in the spare bedroom here?"

Abigail felt herself weakening. "I shouldn't. I'm supposed to be caring for that house—"

He scoffed, almost angry now, "come-on, Abigail. Surely the house won't fall apart because you're gone a night or two. The owner doesn't expect you to lock yourself in there and not have a life."

Panic had her heart thudding in her chest. If she succumbed to sleeping with him, eventually she would also give in to having sex with him. She barely restrained herself from touching and stroking him everywhere as it was, may God have mercy on her sinful soul.

His phone began to ring. She took the opportunity to jolt up out of his reach and say she wanted to help Sharmane clear up the food from the tables.

She was dashing away from Gabriel before he could grab her again.

Inside, she headed toward the bathroom where she locked herself in and leaned against the door with a heartfelt sigh.

Oh-lord. How was she supposed to resist the temptation that was Gabriel?

Stepping up to the sink, she splashed some cold water on her face until she remembered her mascara.

Looking up, she stared horrified at the black panda smudges around her eyes now.

With a dejected sigh, she grabbed the soap and began to wash everything off. As she was rinsing her face with warm water, she heard arguing just outside the door.