All Comments on 'Dick'

by Egmont Grigor

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
With stories of such excellant quality

I almost automatically give the highest rating for new stories that I will read and reread. The amount of work you put into each story shows throughout every tale.

Thank you again for another great story. I do not have your gift for words to express my admiration.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Lovely story

Reminds me of Janet Dailey's Calder series. Not sure why but... I certainly enjoyed your story as much as any of hers. The only distracting thing was that you didn't keep your names consistent, using writing Kade when you meant Josie and similar little incongruities. Other than that, a very good way to spend a cold Saturday afternoon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
A Cut Above

Overall, I enjoyed your story. However, the ubiquitous grammatical errors were dreadfully distracting. Names changed from paragraph to paragraph, feminine and masculine pronouns almost appeared random in assignment. Also incorrect usage of words like “new” when the correct word was “knew” were frequent and should have been edited. The sex scenes could have been described in more erotic terms. The business details were far more descriptive and vivid than the sexual encounters. I think the story has solid potential but desperately needs an editor that would correct the grammar and also condense it a bit. The ending seemed abrupt. I would like it to have been more inclusive of Kade’s family and future events. All in all... still a cut above most of the rubbish that appears on this site. Unfortunately because of the numerous grammatical errors, I cannot give it a top score. Please get an editor and continue developing your talent.

dirtftdirtftover 16 years ago

I like your stories. I think an editor would help with th

e grammatical errors and would make reading flow better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Good story - poor writing.

A good if somewhat long tale.

The enjoyment of this was marred by technical errors.

eg. coddle together instead of cobble together, and similar malapropisms. Wrong names appeared in a couple of spots, one where 'Molly' was used instead of 'Josie'.

The story was building nicely for much of the way then seemed to lose direction in the last couple of chapters. The end seemed to fizzle a bit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Excellent

Great Story Really Hope That wasnt the End of It

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Wanted! Proof Reader

Busines management types and real estate wizards would have a ball with this, but for me that aspect was a bit overdone. Good story otherwise: REALLY fresh openness, sense of humor- but you do SO need a proof reader!

The NavigatorThe Navigatorover 16 years ago
In a word -- Boring

It started out like a house afire, but soon ran out of combustable material. I quit at Chapter 28. Just could not take it any more. As I said, b-o-r-i-n-g. I was wondering just how the whole mess would end, but eventually I really didn't care. <p> <p> <p>

Now about the editting, actually, lack there of. There are volunteer editors who could find the hundreds of various errors. It is obvious the author did not read his own story after he finished. I don't blame him. There many more than one hundred cases where the author typed one word for another. For example: he typed area for are, for for from, her for here, new for knew, high for thigh, with for while, he for her, be for me, your for you, I'11 for I'll (funny!), dinning for dining, want for won't, on for of, said for sat, win for wine, Karen for Kade. In some cases it was difficult to figure out what he was intending, and it always slowed down the flow for the reader. There were three sentences I never could figure out what the author was trying to write. <p> <p> <p>

Finally, by publishing here the author wants us to read it. Otherwise, he would just write it and leave it on his harddisk. But by publishing it in this un-editted format, he is thumbing his nose at his readers. Well, the sqme right back. He has done better, but never worse. I'll never read another of his writings, so I'll never know just how bad it can get.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
proofreader please

the story is quite good but marred by very frequent typos, wrong word usage and name inconsistancies.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Great story

This was another great story... But had alot of type O's..

Misuse of words and names misused or misplaced.. Yes if this story had had a proof reader it would have more enjoyable...Wouldn't have to stop and think about what should that be now..

NamizujsNamizujsover 16 years ago
Good story, does need editing

Egmont!

It is a good story, even if rather long, but it does need an editor, or an editing pass over it.

I won't go into details, but fitting nouns to verbs etc, keeping names of characters constant ought to be watched.

Thanks for the story, and my best wishes to You and yours for the new year.

John

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Much like Thoroughly Loving Nina

You have done a similar story before, but I loved it anyway.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
pretty good

i wont say get an editor because i know you hate that but maybe you could go over your work a little better next time? i lover your work, but this story was a little long and at times i struggled to keep interested. also, the first part was great but then its like you decided to go in a totally different direction and then several pages seemed to only be about business plans and whatnot, which sucked.

dick27dadick27daabout 15 years ago
Assistance

Dear Mr. Grigor

I have read your story_"Dick" and thoroughly

enjoyed it.

I also read the comments re proof reading and spelling. Not

especially positive_but true. So to be positve, if I can assist at all with proof reading, do ask.

Best wishes

dick27da@googlemail.com

rightbankrightbankover 10 years ago
what a disaster

There were times it was impossible to figure out who was speaking. There were other times it was impossible to figure out what you were trying to say. And there were so many errors it became laughable. You went on and on without really saying anything. In the end it was a colossal waste of time.

phil2213phil2213about 10 years ago
Couldn't stop reading and I couldn't read fast enough.

After I finished reading I am loaded with judgments and criticisms. However, there was something about this story that drove me obsessively towards reading it. I could sit here and throw rocks at this story for hours but in spite of myself, I enjoyed the hell out of it and I can't really explain why. I have to be honest and give this author credit. It was an English instructor's minefield, which I taught for ten years. That's an,easy gotcha at least for me but with an editor that's easily remedied. The infidelity detracted mostly but also added to some extent due to the somewhat innocent delivery but it could've been easily eliminated since it was too distracting in my humble opinion. Ultimately, I enjoyed this immensely with qualifications as noted. Thank you for sharing your talents and this amazing effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
well

great writing, but I was put off about soul mates that acted like they did.

Him sleeping with others, although he was learning it was a bad idea.

The very worse was her wanting/starting to cheat on him.

In real life they would not last if they act this way before even married.

Is the baby the husbands? Surely he would wonder about it?

No the cheating ruined what could have been a great love story.

up11pendragonup11pendragonover 8 years ago
Great Story

Great story; terrible text.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
good start then got worse

The two of them having flings while being soul mates was ridiculous. They were in love but it seemed to turn into more of a business agreement than a relationship.

ThelvynerThelvynerabout 7 years ago
Cheating

The author obviously has zero respect for love and relationships. This story got a one because I despise cheaters and cheating with a passion that is almost always over the line into hatred and a wish for pain suffering and death upon the adulterers. Made it to chapter 10 and couldn't take any more of the garbage. Read the last chapter to see if things turned out like I thought and was disgusted. 1/5 and if a 0 was possible I would as this piece of crap doesn't deserve ANY points.

Story aside, technically parts of this were unreadable. Massive amounts of spelling and grammar mistakes. Frequent mixup of characters names and pov so some scenes crash and burn becaus they make no sense. At one point I think you had Kade doing sexy things when she was 6 because you kept using the wrong name. Get a damn editor. Last note, authors need to learn to use tags. I am sick of authors blind siding me with rape torture murder cheating and other horrible things I don't want to fucking read about. Any story not flagged that contains such horrible things automatically gets a 1. Fuck any author right up the ass with a rusty chainsaw who decides they just don't want to spoil a plot.

RhomanovRhomanovover 6 years ago
***

Good writing. Grest first half. The last half .... Ugh.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Nice overall

Nicely detailed through all but the end where you have no details of the wedding. Disappointing

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
What a lovely read

Well written and engaging. Some spelling grammar mistakes but very well done!!!

Subject13ASubject13Aover 4 years ago

Great story, but what happened to Kade's brother, he just disappeared no mention of him after her graduation. I knda got the impression that Kade was "involved" with other men. She got angry with Dick for no reason. That lead me to speculate she was "involved" with other men. But with all that great overall story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Agree with other comments; the story needs polish. Several times character names are confused to current POV. The story got to a certain point and then pretty much ignored Kades' brother and sister. The end rushed up abruptly - we go suddenly from Mayors election to 8wk before Hotel opening, skip that, and blow through 9mths to birth of child.

A decent EPILOGUE would greatly help. Mention the Cattlemans' opening, the sports event centre, the family ranch (D&K), how they all went. The story has been building to see if they will all be a success (and has tried to build up our interest), but we see no pay off (no outcome).

Ideally cover the hotel opening, the moving into the ranch, will the parents live on ranch or nearby? Any teething problems with sports centre? 5yrs later, 10yrs later? Completion of projects and possibly from daughter Cassandra POV, looking at everything her parents and friends have done to shape the town that she was born and raised in.

VA

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous