Dinner for Three Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Natalie was first to quit the preparations and join him on the couch. She plopped down next to him and leaned against his torso. Not being satisfied with just that, she reached up and pulled his arm from the back of the couch and managed to get it behind her enough so that he was effectively cradling her. "That's better." She said.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

Natalie said, "Undoubtedly. I don't know what you convinced yourself to do between the time you left this morning and just now, but I told you before I want to be with you."

Laurie sauntered over and perched on the cushioned chair at the end of the table. "Both of us do."

Adam pursed his lips. The phantom debates of the afternoon were dissipating but a stubborn thread held his full acceptance of the arrangement between them in check. "Not that I've ever done something like this before, but I'm guessing that a triangle is asking for trouble. I'm the interloper here—you two have a great thing going and I'm just going to create friction."

"Yes and no, Adam." Laurie spent most of her life keeping serious issues at bay with her sarcasm and wit. But when it mattered, she could be both direct and understanding. "You're absolutely right that Nat and I have a great relationship. But you're missing the fact that both of us want you to be part of it. We won't stop loving each other because you're part of our lives." She enjoyed another sip of her wine. "But here's the part where you have to decide what you want because I'm going to be selfish in one thing. I won't be part of an unequal relationship. 'Us' means all three of us. That means I'm with Natalie and I'm with you. It means she's with me and she's with you. And that means that you're with her and you're with me. The last one being important for me. I need to know now if you're willing to have me in your life on an equal footing with Natalie. If not, then this will end tonight. It's that simple."

Adam had worked through a hundred reasons why he should end it with Natalie. He'd thought about what it would mean to be with her and, with guilt, he'd thought about the benefits of having Laurie as part of his sex life. But the one thing he'd completely missed was the emotional need that Laurie would have from him. For the first time that whole confusing day, he found clarity in the simple logic of Laurie's statement. She was absolutely right and that was the key to how it might be possible for the three of them to be together. But was it beyond him to connect with two people rather than just Natalie? His lifelong rule wasn't getting bent, it was being mangled beyond recognition and possibly beyond recovery.

"I'm such an asshole. I spent the whole day coming up with reasons why this couldn't work with Natalie. What a fucking blind spot!"

Natalie said, "Not an asshole, just a guy."

He grimaced slightly and said to Natalie, "I see. You had this figured out all along did you?"

"No, I'm an asshole too. The only smart one here is Laurie."

Laurie smiled broadly, "I think we're off to the right understanding about me. But I'll tell you that neither one of you can compare to my Mother on the asshole front. You guys are amateurs."

Natalie grimaced in concern for Laurie. Natalie said, "It was that bad, huh?"

"Oh this one was a whopper. She could tell something was up with me and the grand inquisition began. For all her liberal bullshit, she still can't deal with the fact that you and I are together. When I let on that a great guy was going to be part of my life, the vein in her neck started pulsing which is never a good sign."

Adam was a bit shocked that Laurie had said something to her mother. "So she thinks a bad idea too? Maybe the two of us should talk."

"I believe her comment was something to the effect that a three-way relationship isn't romance and that it's just an excuse for an orgy. I guess it was around that point that I kind of told her off. What the hell does she know about romance anyway? I told Natalie earlier this evening that I've been walking around in a daze all day at the prospect of making this work. I can't think of something more romantic than finding something when I least expect it and, even better, getting to share that with the woman I already love."

"Not exactly a Leave It To Beaver setting here though."

"Adam, don't be a cynic. Yeah, this is outside of 'normal,' but keep in mind that Natalie and I have been card-carrying abnormals for a while."

Adam's smile at Laurie's comment didn't linger long. He said to Laurie, "I don't disagree with the unexpectedness of this situation, and I don't know what to say about your Mom but that brings me back around to...shit. Sorry—I don't talk about this much. Did Natalie tell you about what I said this morning..."

Natalie cut in, "Nothing. I didn't know what you'd be comfortable with my telling her. That's stuff you have to tell her, not me."

"Okay, then I'll just give you Cliffs Notes for now." Adam took of sip of wine to buy a moment of time before launching into the thing he least liked speaking about. He said, "Suffice it to say that my relationship with my parents wasn't the storybook ideal. Dad was a criminal, Mom was hopeless and I was the damaged goods thrown off as collateral. I'd kind of decided that it would be easier to stay out of any relationships..."

Laurie interrupted him. "Permanently?"

"Yeah—as in for good. I'd decided it would be easier to be alone than to live through what they did. This was a situation where my folks screamed and threw shit at each other. Just the opposite. They were crazy in love and that tortured all three of us." More wine didn't clear the taste in his mouth. "But Natalie got under my skin. And now, it seems that I need you under there too. So it looks like I've got an embarrassment of riches but I'm scared shitless and totally incompetent to deal with it."

Natalie quipped, "I love a decisive man."

"Nice." He said, "But one last serious thing. The only thing that is clear to me at this point is that I'm more scared of screwing this up rather than of my getting hurt. I want this with you more than I would have thought...I mean that I want it with both of you. But..."

Laurie cut in. "Stop with the 'but' statements, both of you. Here's the thing—we're all wigged out by this but the situation is pretty damn simple at its core. If we fuck it up, so what...we fuck it up. Let's stop thinking of all the different ways we can fuck it up before we even start and just try doing it. We've got nothing but time on our hands and all three of us are willing to try. That's good enough for now. Frankly I'm starving, and while this may seem crass, I'm really looking forward to getting back into bed with both of you. Let's not analyze the shit out of this thing what do you say?"

"Ah...eloquent as always." Natalie said. She got off Adam, crossed to Laurie and gave her knee a squeeze. "Fine. Let's eat."

****

"So, Honey. How was your day?" Laurie asked with a simpering expression and stilted voice as if she were in a '50s sitcom. No one had said much since the three had tucked in for the meal but she wasn't one to sit back and accept an awkward situation. Humor was her knee-jerk reaction to discomfort.

Adam appreciated the escape from his own thoughts. He picked up on the sardonic tone and joined in. "Well, Jane. After my three-martini lunch, I boffed the new girl from the secretarial pool and then landed a new account. I think this deal will make me Partner."

Natalie smiled and jumped into the impromptu performance. "Harry. I've told you how I feel about your objectification of the secretaries at work. They're there to provide a valuable service and..."

"Her service was valued. I even slapped her on her ass and told her she was a 'good girl' before sending her back to work."

Laurie stood and turned away from Adam. She lifted her skirt so the right side of her ass was completely exposed. "Oh, Mr. Tinsler. You're just dreamy. Thank you for taking the time to meet with me...in the utility closet."

Adam appreciated the view being proffered to him. He noticed again that Laurie seemed to be missing her underwear. He landed a smack on her bottom hard enough to leave a red, five-fingered imprint behind. "Next time, bring a friend."

"Owww...that stung"

Natalie laughed at how quickly Laurie had stood up following the solid blow from Adam. She said, "Serves you right. Strumpet."

Laurie turned and faced the two of them. She placed her hands on her hips and gently grabbed the fabric of her skirt. Her fingers crawled slowly a few paces and raised the hem of her skirt a half-inch. Her pleasant buzz from the wine encouraged her behavior further. She said, "I was kind of..." another few millimeters of her thighs came into view, "hoping to get..." fingers retracted more fabric, "more of your..." two half-moons of her outer lips peeked out, "attention." When she stopped, the vertical slit of her pussy was in full view.

Adam's mouth was slightly agape. The inexorable progress of Laurie's skirt had captivated him and his pulse had increased with each pull of her fingers. All of the afternoon's internal emotional turmoil had forced the more visceral images of his recent experiences with the girls from his mind. But the mischievous intent that glinted in Laurie's eyes and the raw sexuality of being presented with her shaved lips had rekindled the fervency of his desire.

Natalie reached over and firmly pushed his lower jaw closed. The clack of his teeth snapped the sexual tension with the comic timing of The Three Stooges. The noise sent Laurie and Natalie into paroxysms of laughter.

Adam went crimson from his neck to his forehead. There was nothing to do but laugh at himself.

Laurie was gratified with the effect she'd had on Adam. His wide-eyed look at her lascivious exposure had momentarily been sexy, but Natalie had been spot-on with the trout-ing he was doing. She was wiping a tear from the corner of an eye, "Holy shit. That was awesome. Oh man..."

"Not your most intelligent look, my friend." Natalie said and got up to give Adam a hug from behind. "So much for cool, calm and collected. I think that was more like dazed and confused." She bent down and kissed the top of his head through more giggles. "So Don Juan, we going to try some of that dessert you brought?"

Adam was happy for the diversion. He was enjoying the arms wrapped around his shoulders and the way the back of his head was nestled between Natalie's breasts. "Only if you two degenerates will give a guy a break."

Laurie had started clearing the table. She said, "Not a chance. What'd you say you picked up again?"

"Strawberries and cream."

Natalie put her plate on the counter next to the sink. Laurie's little show had gotten Natalie's engine started and the dessert choice had put a wicked thought in her head. She picked up the plastic container of strawberries and the can of whipped cream and headed for the bedroom.

Adam said, "Ah, where you going with that?"

Natalie didn't answer, leaving Adam and Laurie in the kitchen looking at each other quizzically. It didn't take much for Adam to realize that Natalie's interest in further talk of relationships was probably done for the evening. But he was glad of the chance to catch Laurie alone for moment. He said to her, "Hey, before we go in there – you sure about this? This afternoon I was dead-set on breaking things off with Natalie out of some warped chivalrous logic."

Laurie put her arms around Adam's mid-section and looked up at him. "But that was all shit and you know it now?"

"Something like that."

Laurie said, "Good. 'Cause this is real and we're going to figure things out." She went up on tip-toes and kissed him lightly at first.

He could taste the wine from her mouth and he savored the sweetness and warmth of her breath. Her skirt hadn't left his mind and he ran his hand down her lower back and over her marvelous ass. When his hand touched skin on the back of her thigh and then came back up under the fabric, she gave a small giggle that carried more than a little mischief in it.

Laurie broke the kiss and said, "Let's go find out what Natalie's got in mind." They headed for the bedroom.

There are times in one's life when an image will imprint itself permanently, where a moment instantly transforms into an essential memory. Pathways in the brain are etched and reinforced enabling near-perfect recall for decades. Natalie had managed to do exactly this for Adam. She'd manufactured an iconic image that would live with him for life.

Natalie had shed all of her clothing and was on the bed, stretched out on her side with her arm and hand supporting her head. Her other elbow was crooked so that her forearm passed across her belly. She'd sprayed two healthy dabs of whipped cream on the high point of her hip and placed a large, spectacularly-red strawberry nose down into each pile of whipped cream. Her breasts created two symmetrical curves on their sides but seemed casually disdainful of gravity's effects. Her eyes sparkled with the pleasure she felt from what she could see in Adam and Laurie's expressions.

Adam allowed his gaze to travel the length of her body. He wanted to absorb every detail and commit it to memory. Her knees were slightly bent which emphasized the strength in her legs. Freshly-shaved shins reflected the light from overhead and he could see the top of one perfect calf. He studied the triangle of soft skin and trimmed hair at the juncture of her legs. With her body positioned as it was, he could follow the musculature of her lower abdomen as it came to a V. He could just make out the cleft of tenderness leading away into the crease between her thighs.

Natalie said, "Dessert is served. Anyone hungry?"

Laurie closed her hand around Adam's wrist. Without taking her eyes from Natalie's body she said, "Tell me again about your plan to walk away from this."

"Stupid fuck'n plan." He said. Adam had met Natalie's gaze and shared her pleasure with his own smile. "I can honestly say I've never seen anything more beautiful in my life."

Laurie was tempted to say something to chide him for forgetting her, but she had to admit that Natalie was one hell of vision. She was gorgeous. "Totally agree with that."

Adam said, "I think we need to catch up with Nat." He started unbuttoning Laurie's blouse and let it drop to the floor. She released the side clasp of her skirt and it joined the blouse on the ground only a few moments before her bra.

Laurie began helping Adam out of his clothes and in less than a minute the two of them were climbing onto the bed with Natalie. Adam was on his knees and leaned over to give Natalie a tender kiss. Their lips lingered and he brushed his back and forth along hers periodically repeating more direct touches. Laurie had approached from the other side and was seated cross-legged taking in the enticing view of Adam's muscled ribcage and nicely rounded rear.

Adam resisted the temptation to let the kiss escalate in intensity. He carefully moved so as not to upset the bowl of fruit and seated himself in a mirror of Laurie's cross-legged position. Their open legs left nothing to anyone's imagination which created a delightful mélange of sexual tension and complete abandonment of self-consciousness.

"If someone had told me at 14 that I'd be sitting on a bed, nude, with two unbelievably gorgeous girls..."

"You'd have set some sort of whack-off record." Laurie said through a genuine laugh.

Adam shook his head. "I don't think you understand what most teenage boys are doing with their spare time alone."

Natalie was grinning. She said, "And what makes you think that the boys are so different from the girls, huh?" She never ceased to get a kick out of surprising Adam. "The first time I figured out what my fingers could do, I was totally hooked."

Adam's curiosity was peaked. "Really? I thought you all were above that. Isn't this the taboo subject for girls? Shit. If guys had any idea that high school girls were interested in this stuff there'd be a hell of a lot more teenage pregnancy."

Laurie barked out a laugh. "Who the hell said anything about high school? More like thirteen for me. Christ. It was bubble baths that did me in. I had a super soft wash cloth and was just taking care of getting everything clean when I figured out that there were better things to do in the tub than play with toys."

"I was a slower learner than you, but not by a whole lot." Natalie said. "I was probably fourteen or fifteen before I figured out that I could make myself get off. Of course, I was pretty committed to the idea of practice-makes-perfect after that."

Adam was amazed. "Damn. I had no idea girls were that active. Teenage guys are a lost cause but everyone knows that."

Laurie gave a wry grin, "Just teenagers? You mean you don't jack-off now?"

Even in the completely exposed situation he was in at the moment, Adam still blushed. "I...uh...well, yeah. Of course, but..."

"Funny how some things are tough to talk no matter how old you are." Laurie reached over and patted Adam on the knee.

Natalie's voice cracked with a giggle. "Speaking of tough. I need to move my arm but I'm stuck waiting for the two of you to eat your dessert."

"Ooh, poor girl." Laurie leaned forward and ran her hand up Natalie's leg until her finger swirled the whipped cream from around the bottom of the first strawberry. "Mmm...too bad it isn't a cherry." She licked her finger clean, pulled the strawberry out of its host dollop and pinched the delicate leaves from the top before closing her lips around it.

Adam's blush smoothly transitioned into a flush. Laurie's breasts swayed below her outstretched arm and he drank in the curve of her arched back. Her tummy contracted with her breathing and he could see the faint movement of muscles along her ribcage that inexorably drew his gaze back to the nipple cresting her chest's inviting profile.

Natalie gave a chirp. "Hey, that tickles." Laurie had begun the process of cleaning the rest of her serving of whipped cream with her tongue. The light touch on Natalie's hip was making her squirm. "Okay...okay...it's clean."

Adam bent forward and gave into the temptation to cup Laurie's breast for a moment before reaching for his berry. He decapitated the fruit and enjoyed its pop of sweetness when he bit down on it. He had to stretch across the bed to get his mouth on the whipped cream so he elected to take it all in one slurp. He too had to lick a few times to get it all and Natalie continued to complain about the tickling.

While he was stretched out, Natalie reached out with the hand that had been holding up her head and ran it up the back of his leg and then back down to his calf. She reveled in the hard ridges of the definition earned through thousands of long road miles. "Jeez, that's enough." She rolled away from the lips on her hip. It felt good to finally change position.

Adam delighted in the view he had of Natalie. He lowered himself into a quasi-pushup and planted a kiss on her mons. Downy hairs made his nose twitch and he savored the mustiness that contrasted against the residual sweetness in his palate from the fruit and whipped cream. He traced his lips back and forth across her crease while periodically pursing them and touching lightly all around the area. The temptation to savor Natalie more deeply was encouraged by a languorous sigh that seemed to pull from the very base of her diaphragm.

The extra berries and cream were safely removed from the field of play and Adam repositioned himself at Natalie's feet. He gripped each foot firmly and applied pressure with his thumbs into her arches. Her eyes fluttered and closed before he rotated his hands around first to her ankles and then up under each calf. The massaging motion first separated her knees and then parted her thighs. The friction of the skin on skin increased the temperature of his hands until it felt to each of them that he was painting her with heat. His eyes never waivered from his target. Her sex was completely exposed to him by the time he placed the flat of his tongue directly into the fold at her center.