Divine Intervention

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It took him by surprise when a warm hand touched his forearm and he looked up to see Kelly beside him.

"Hey," she said, smiling and tucking a strand of flaxen hair behind her ear. "Mind if I work with you?"

"Sh-sure," he stuttered, inwardly wincing at his own awkwardness.

"Did you have something in mind?" she asked, waving at the equipment cupboard.

"Yeah," he said, glad she had given him the opportunity to make an easy reply on ground he was comfortable with. "I thought it'd be easy to calculate density of wood using different size blocks."

Kelly nodded agreeably.

"You know, he doesn't care if we work today or not."

Thoughts rattled around his brain. Instinctively he was about to point out that working hard was its own reward and that he didn't like to disobey an instruction even if it wasn't given with any real intent. A deeper part of his brain tripped that thought up and dragged it into a back alley, leaving another one to say 'If she doesn't want to work then she's only speaking to you because she wants to.'

"You're right," he said. "Let's just get a few things out for the look of it."

"Thanks for backing me up this morning," she said.

"No problem, you were right after all."

"I wish more people took me seriously."

Athlai looked at her in surprise, she sounded almost wistful.

"Who doesn't take you seriously?"

"Guys mostly," she said, frowning. "They think I'm good looking and can't be smart. Or just don't care enough to find out."

"I apologise on behalf of my gender," he said with mock solemnity, which earned him a smile. "It's a mistake for them to do it though."

"You know I can't believe we've never spoken much before Athlai." She stopped when he wasn't quite able to mask the wince at the mis-pronunciation and looked abashed. "I'm sorry, I've never been sure how to say it properly."

"Don't worry, call me Lee," he said, grinning. "I've never liked that name anyway."

***

Athlai didn't share any more classes with Kelly that day but he spent the afternoon with a smile on his face despite the discomfort from his bruises.. He was walking home when he heard someone running behind him.

"Godsquad! I want a word with you!"

Athlai turned to see Steve Campbell approaching him. Steve was a fairly typical student, not too intelligent, obsessed with proving how macho he was. More vilifying still, he had dated Kelly for a few weeks recently.

"Stay away from Kelly," he growled.

At least he got to the point quickly.

"Why?"

"She's my girl and you need to keep your holy hands away from her."

"I'm pretty sure she dumped you."

"She doesn't know what she wants. You stay away from her, understand?"

"If she doesn't want me around I'm sure she'll tell me."

Steve punched him in the face. Athlai staggered.

"You're going to get much worse if you don't stay away from her."

***

Kelly rushed over and sat down next to him at registration the next morning.

"What happened?" she exclaimed as she saw his black eye.

"War wound," he joked. "I had a er, difference of opinion with some guy, he didn't have a sense of humour. Nothing serious."

"If you say so," she said doubtfully. "What are your plans for the weekend?"

"Oh nothing much," he said. A seldom used part of his brain suddenly balked at his stupidity and fought for his attention. A split-second of fear, excitement and hesitation racked him. "Would you like to do something with me? Er, I mean go somewhere or"-

"Yes, I'd love to," she said, laughing warmly as he grew flustered and placing her hand on his arm to reassure him.

***

Athlai was beginning to think that God did exist after all and he was making fun of him. As he made his way home he was once again faced by menacing figures on the path. He recognised them as Steve and several of his simpleton friends.

"I warned you," Steve rumbled.

Athlai was considering his options when he saw one of the goons produce a knife.

"Don't be stupid," he said, backing away.

"This is what you get, God-boy."

They fanned out around him. Looking left and right to try to find a way out he saw only approaching figures.God help me,he thought. Backing up again, he braced himself to sprint away when the first lunge came. It didn't. Another figure approached and they lost their nerve and ran off.

"We've got to stop meeting like this," said Mike.

"Are you following me around?" Athlai asked. "Not that I mind, I seem to be getting myself into all sorts of trouble these days."

"Bad habit to get into," Mike agreed. "So how have you been?"

"Good, actually," he said, somewhat surprised to realise he meant it. "You were right, life isn't so bad when you give it a try."

"Glad to hear it."


"I asked Kelly to go out with me at the weekend."

"What did she say?"

"She said she'd love to."

"That's great," he said, slapping him on the back.

"I know, I've thought about asking her out for so long."

"But?"

"I'm terrified," he admitted, "I don't know what she'll expect. I don't know where I should take her, what do normal people do on dates? My parents will go crazy and I know I can't lie to them."

"You worry too much," said Mike, grinning at him. "You're not normal, don't try to be. Be honest, be yourself, with your parents and with Kelly. Trust me, my advice has worked out so far hasn't it?"

***

"Hey, Kelly," Jenny called, jogging up to her in the corridor as they moved between classes.

"Hey."

"Look, I don't know what you're doing with the bible guy," she said, pausing as Kelly gave her a disapproving look. "Sorry, withLee. But I thought you should know that Steve has apparently been giving him a hard time."

"What?" she fumed. "Are you sure?"


"My brother told me his friend and a few others had gone with Steve to rough him up but some guy showed up and they bottled it. It was Steve that gave him the black eye too."

"That little shit! I'm going to kill him," she exclaimed. A rare frown creased her features. "Thanks for letting me know."

"Are you sure you know what you're doing with him?" she asked doubtfully.

"He's... different to other guys. He's not obsessed with trying to be cool or prove what a stud he is. I like him."

Jenny merely shook her head in bafflement.

***

"Give me a minute guys," said Steve as he saw Kelly striding towards him with a furious scowl.

"What is your problem?" she snapped.

"My only problem is you haven't come back to me."

"And I'm not going to, you idiot. I'll make this simple for you, leave me and Lee alone."

"This is about him?" he said, incredulous. "He came running to you because we scared him a little? He's a pussy. Real men don't shit themselves when they see a knife."

She slapped him viciously.

"You pulled a knife on him? You're unbelievable. Stay away from me and stay away from him or I'll get a restraining order."

***

"Lee!"

It took him a moment to realise she was calling for him. He turned and grinned as she drew level with him.

"Have you got a minute?" she asked.

"Of course."

She led him into an empty classroom and hopped up onto a desk.

"I heard about Steve bothering you," she said, eyes wide. "I'm so sorry he did that to you."

Athlai shook his head. "Don't be, it's not your fault he's an idiot."

"I'm surprised you're still talking to me, you have to take your life in your hands just to be around me."

"It's worth it," he said.

She was suddenly standing in front of him. Close to him. When he inhaled her perfume filled his lungs. His heart raced as her hand cupped his cheek.

"You're not like the others," she said softly.

"No," he breathed, transfixed by her closeness. "I never have been."

"I like that."

Their eyes closed as their lips met. Kelly led him gently, knowing he was nervous. Athlai's breath caught as she tugged on his bottom lip. Her tongue probed his lips and he opened his mouth to her, revelling in the sensation as their tongues met.

Athlai dimly realised this was the best moment of his life. Time stopped for him as he savoured the taste of her mouth, the tickling of her nails on his neck and the touch of her tongue.

They parted, breathing heavily. She traced his jaw with her finger.

"I'll see you tomorrow night," she said, shooting him a sultry look over her shoulder as she left

***

Athlai felt as if he were walking on air as he made his way home. The prospect of informing his parents he was going out the next night with a girl of no particular religious schooling was enough to temper his mood.

Eventually he decided to just tell them straight out and suffer through the gnashing of teeth.

"I'm going out tomorrow night," he said as they sat down for the evening meal.

"Where?" asked his mother.

"I'm having a meal with Kelly Nixon."

Athlai waited for the explosion to come.

"All right then," said his father. "Have a good time."

Startled, he looked at his parents faces to find some clue as to why they weren't flying into a rage. Powerful curiosity battled the feeling that he should quit while he was ahead.

"I had a phone conversation with a Belgian missionary earlier," his dad said by way of explanation. "Very interesting man. Chap called Michail. Made me think that to really find your own faith you have to follow your own path to a certain degree."

Athlai, not believing his luck, just nodded and bit down a grin.

***

"Would you like to come back to my place?" she asked. "My parents are out of town this weekend, it'll just be us."

"Okay," he said, trying to conceal his nerves.

"Don't worry," she said, squeezing his hand. "I'll be gentle with you."

Athlai smiled sheepishly and kissed her lightly before they set off, hand in hand. The night had gone well, he was surprised just how easily conversation flowed between them. Once again he had followed Mike's advice and avoided trying to be anything he wasn't. They had gone to a nice restaurant in town and Kelly had been impressed that he hadn't dragged her to a bar or nightclub and tried to ply her with alcohol like Steve had.

Kelly unlocked the door and led him inside. He sat down somewhat rigidly on a leather sofa as she kicked her heels off.

"Relax," she urged, straddling him on the sofa. "I'm going to take good care of you."

Her hands guided his on to her chest and she gave him mewls of encouragement as she nibbled at his neck.

Athlai felt a thrill of pride to feel her hard nipples beneath the satin of her dress, amazed that he could be involved in arousing this goddess. She gave him a deep, lingering kiss.

"Let's go upstairs," she said.

She took him by the hand and led him up the stairs. Releasing his hand she backed into the doorway of her room and curled her finger in a come hither gesture. Athlai groaned as he followed her.

She lay down on the bed, propped up on her elbow and gestured for him to join her. Athlai's heart pounded in his chest as he slipped off his shoes and lay down beside her. She kissed him hungrily as her hands ran over his chest and started unbuttoning his shirt.

Athlai groaned as she straddled him, peppering his neck with soft kisses as she slid his shirt off his arms and tossed it aside. She swung her legs off him and slipped out of her dress before lying on top of him, clad just in her black lace panties

"Tonight is for you," she said, moving her hips to rub her crotch against the bulge in his trousers. "Next time I'll show you some nice things you can do for me."

Bare breasts pressed into his chest. Long golden hair fanned around his face as she leaned in to kiss him again. Athlai felt his hips move of their own accord to grind against her.

"Are you ready sweetheart?" she asked, looking lovingly into his eyes.


He nodded eagerly and her eyes crinkled with good natured amusement.

She rose to a crouch, pulled her panties down and flicked them off the bed with her foot. There was a hungry look in her eyes as she squatted over his groin, he had never seen anything with such raw sensuality in his life. Locking her eyes on his she undid his belt and tugged his trousers and underwear down his legs, dragging his socks with them and dumping them on the floor. His erection sprang upright, throbbing in time with his heartbeat.

Athlai held his breath as she held his cock and eased herself down onto it. She smiled as he sighed and his eyes fluttered in pleasure. Sliding up and down his cock slowly she lent forward to kiss him.

"Don't worry about finishing too soon, just enjoy it."

He could only grunt in reply as she sat back and began to rock harder and faster. His hands found the soft globes of her ass. The room was flooded with the sound of slapping flesh.

Athlai was overwhelmed with sensations as she flooded his senses. As she rotated her hips around him he felt his muscles tense as his orgasm approached. Kelly sensed it too and bent forward again.

"Cum for me," she whispered in his ear, cradling his head with her hands.

Two more silken thrusts and he felt the point of no return overtake him. Great pulses shot through his groin. Kelly smiled down at him as she continued to rock her hips through his ecstasy. She gently lifted herself off him and lay down on her side beside him.

"How was that?" she asked as he caught his breath.

"Incredible. You're amazing."

"I try," she said, leaning in to kiss hm.

***

Athlai woke early in the morning. Kelly was asleep beside him. A huge smile spread over his face as he realised he'd fallen asleep with a naked Kelly Nixon in his arms. A noise downstairs caught his attention. Kelly had said her parents were away for the weekend. Deciding he better investigate he eased out of bed and slipped his trousers on. He crept downstairs and did a double take.

"Hello Lee," said Mike.

It took him several seconds to find his voice

"What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to talk to you."

"At 3am? In someone else's house?"

Mike grinned at him.

"I have a.. complicated schedule," he said and waved at a sofa to indicate he should take a seat.

"So how is life Lee?"

"Life is great," he said. "I can't believe how things have changed in the last week."

"Good. I am delighted to hear that."

Mike paused and stared at him.

"Now there are some things I must tell you. I haven't been honest with you Lee. I am Michael. I am thefirstMichael."

"What do you mean?"

What happened next defied description. For the briefest of moments the world changed around him. The room in front of him grew dim, shadowy, but the figure of Michael glowed a brilliant white.

Athlai leapt to his feet in shock.

"You're anangel?"

"That's not the word we use," he said. "But yes, I am the one you know as the archangel Michael."

"I don't believe it," said Athlai faintly.

"I apologise for the shock and I am sorry to have deceived you but I judged it to be the best way to help you. But now that you have seen the joy of life I wanted you to know the truth."

Athlai sat down again, heart thumping in his chest.

"I guess my parents were right to tell me to go to church all these years."

"There are lots of good reasons to go to church but frankly God doesn't care if you do or not. Religion is for people,faithis for God. He doesn't care what you do on a Sunday morning, he's interested in how you live your life."

Athlai started laughing, he didn't meant to but he couldn't help himself.

Michael looked at him inquisitively.

"Sorry," he said as he regained his composure. "I'm in Kelly's house. I'm talking to an angel and he's telling me not to bother about going to church. This is one weird morning."

Michael grinned. "What you know of angels comes mostly from the Church itself, we are quite different from the common perception."

"Why are you here anyway? Why me?"

"It's a big world and there are a lot of people in it that we can't help. I feel obligated to help those that I can."

"I still can't believe it. I feel like my whole life has changed in a week thanks to you."

"I only showed you the way," said Michael. "The changes you have brought about were your own doing."

"Thank you anyway."

Michael smiled and offered his hand to shake. Athlai looked at it and something clicked in his mind.

"I'm never going to see you again, am I?"

"We will meet again my young friend," he said. "Far from here."

Athlai stood and shook his hand.

"Now I must leave."

Michael pulled a scabbard from under his coat and drew a gleaming white sword from it.

"I cannot give you this but I will leave you my scabbard. In times of darkness it will remind you that you are never alone. Goodbye my friend."

And then he was alone with an ornate leather scabbard in his hand. Setting it down reverently he grinned to himself in the dark and went back upstairs.

Moonlight streamed through the open window, softly lighting her face. That wonderful hair covered the pillow like a silver mane. Athlai indulged himself, taking in her beauty for several minutes with unfamiliar joy in his heart. Settling back into bed he put his arms around Kelly and smiled into her back. Life was good.

12