All Comments on 'Divorce Among Friends'

by Flavian

Sort by:
  • 181 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Why no Mama Connie transcript. FTDS. 1 star.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonabout 1 month ago

Liked it, but can't score it above a 2 because no explanation was given for Mama Connie's involvement.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

for those that may have missed it he had invited his step mom, Mama Connie, to that girls weekend at Nags head. So she either knew ahead of time or learned at that weekend about his wife's affair and Mama Connie said nothing. So the envelope had the PI report.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Why did the dad get served?

mfbridgesmfbridges4 months ago

Honestly, I thought she should have ended up differently.

servant111servant1115 months ago

Enjoyed your writing and your new take on a rather tired meme.

5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Unreadable. For example, the scene at BWW with Roy, we get a whole paragraph on Roy with everything but his GPA in middle-school, and maybe 1/10 of it was relevant to the story. The diatribe about the phrase, 'moving forward,' only clogged up the scene. It ruins a story to include interminable commentary within the story.

nixroxnixrox5 months ago

3 stars - For the most part, I like this story.

However, if it happened to me - I would probably take a much different tack.

More like scorched earth, by sending every one we know - pictures, audio and video.

Maybe a 16X8 foot sign on the side of the main highway into our town.

Her name would be mud for the few years we have left, and that would give me peace.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Ignoring legal accuracy, it was well written and thought provoking. Said about his father and stepmother. Eveb his wife knew she deserved a divorce. She had the decency to not even try to talk to him. She "loved" her husband and greatly preferred him as a lover but Doug was the nasty temptation on the side for a cheap thrill for a three months before she settled down to be a chaste wife and a mother. Narcissism much? Roy was not a friend. I don't necessarily blame Mary Joe. She knee and did not approve but Jamey was her close friend. She did tell Roy though. He was the major letdown. The other women burned their own marriages with the admission of their own infidelities. You don't have much privacy outside on a beach.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I have often wondered about the differing views towards marriage and infidelity in different states. Differences over "heart" torts, alienation of affection suits, etc. allegedly reflect difference in the legal evolution of thinking about the dissolution of marriages. I think just about everyone who is a thinking adult values marriage, but may differ over HOW one handles the dissolution of marriage. I used to think that collateral legal culpability towards such enabling was silly, but wonder as I have gotten older and been married much longer. Marriage is an "all in" emotional as well as other investment (financial, children) and SHOULD be respected as an institution and with consequences to consider. SHOULD it included deliberate facilitators? I wonder. As the author admits, it's a fantasy as another commenter put it. BUT it also makes a point whose wisdom I increasingly think about too, as one of our own adult daughters went through a nasty divorce with good cause. No one 'wins', including parents, grandparents, in-laws, and their circle. A though-provoking story, well written. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Today many would probably condemn the "hard-ass" approach illustrated, and the author admits it is pure fantasy, but the value of the story is great. Read it, and ask your self, "What would I do?"

The Hoary Cleric

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Great fictional tale - and that's what Lit is all about.

ttt59ttt598 months ago

Fun! As you say, not very realistic, but nice to see the cheated upon hubby take care of business!

SignedBTWSignedBTW9 months ago

Interesting

In that so many whine and complain about stories in LW's use the same old plot lines, logic (or not), cliches, characterizations etc., but when an author comes up with something novel it's crap. I guarantee that not one of these morons shooting their mouths off about how all of the legal shenanigans used here are nonsense have no real world experience to back up their blather, I expect they are pretty much correct. But just remember you can file a lawsuit for anything your little heart desires, it may very well go nowhere, tossed immediately and you can be penalized for wasting the court's time with a frivolous lawsuit. All you have to do is look at the news on practically any given week to see that, it's happening to attorneys who should know better and their shitbag political clients pretty regularly. It still is in the public record for all the world to see. There are in fact still states that do allow for alienation of affection lawsuits as the Author stated. Maybe if you complain hard enough to Flavian or the Lit PTB will give you a refund, if not sue them, Flavin explained how to do it.

/

And for the one who didn't quite catch it, if you follow the story he didn't serve that envelope of evidence on his step-mother, he gave it to his father. You can bet they were about what she knew about the affair and kept the secret, not that she cheated in her marriage. People here just have to be spoon fed every little detail, no room for imagination or independent thought anymore.

A well told tale, unique and if not for anything else than that; *****'s Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Well written, not bad. Sometimes think that posters forget that this is fiction, unless otherwise stated. Being fiction it may or may not touch reality.

AllNigherAllNigher10 months ago

Well written crap story. I guess you can sue anyone for anything but this will cost him more than them. And wtf was his dad served for?

Disappointing at best...

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

“Almost none of this stuff would pass a sanity check in an actual court of law.” Wrong. None of it would. It is, in fact, ridiculous. And the ending with dad, without even a hint of the issue beyond it probably being cheating, is just annoying.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Not much of an ending. His cases vs his friends for lies by omission sounds flimsy. Goof luck paying for those lawsuits.

DickSnugfitDickSnugfitabout 1 year ago

Was bang on course for a five star rating, right up until the fuggy cop-out of an "arty-farty" non-ending! One can only think that the Author's `idea-pot' had ran dry, that he'd used-up all of his high-drama brain-storming spurts, and so was reduced to using that weary old, time-worn ineffectual standby of "..not having any of my own, -I won't insult your intelligence, but just leave you to imagine what happened next..."???

End Result? - 2.5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Would have like to learn what was in thr folder for the Dad. I assume the stepmom admitted to an affair?

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlennyabout 1 year ago

I'm all for it...fuck them, especially that Roy dirtbag

SaltySurpriseSaltySurpriseover 1 year ago

I've always said if the punishment is worse than the crime more people would refrain from doing the crime as to what I read on lit America with it's feminised law system where the men get screwed even more than the women by their lovers the laws in the states are so stacked against men I don't understand why every male doesn't get a pre nup and DNA tests done on every child born that would stop so much Cuckolding and males raising other men children

Thank you for letting me have my rant

Darren

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

good story. I would not have served my stepmom, just let her know that I knew and would remember.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Yes , I realise that from a legal standpoint this story is a piece of nonsense . But it is extremely well written and entertaining nonsense for all that .

I remember reading this for the first time what seems ages ago and am so happy to have stumbled across it again .

5 *

DK

SatyrDickSatyrDickover 1 year ago

[08.10.22]

Top Shelf story!

11/10!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Rubbish,

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

They are called "heart torts", and few lawyers want to mess with them today even in states that allow them. But I think it all comes down to how the state and communities view marriage. And I wonder about that too. How much responsibility do close relations and friends have to sound alarms of infidelity? And the reality that dictates the responses may have to do with WHOSE friend they were before the marriage? It certainly would not say much about the ethics of the third-parties. Maybe also why its best for new households to relocate and establish somewhere new in some cases. The author developes his premises well.

NitpicNitpicabout 2 years ago
Like

Like it,some thing different for a change,though why some one thought his father would divorce Mamma Connie,I don't know,all she did was keep a secret.She did not commit adultery.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Ugghhh! Too much is missing especially at the end.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartabout 2 years ago

3. 5 star story of legal revenge and a family/friendship circle being destroyed but a very low score ending that knocks it down to a 3. I dislike stories like this with a very good set-up and story but then has a very abrupt "leave it up the the reader's imagination" ending. A shame too as this was quite a unique story, barely dealing with the cheating wife at all with the MC almost seeming less angry at her then the people who enabled her.

JonDoe315JonDoe315over 2 years ago

We can only assume the dad probably will divorce the stepmom or close to it. The dad seems like a stand up guy and I doubt she will be in the picture long because of her participation in the matter. She chose her need of having grandkids instead of doing what was right. Guilty by association is what it boils down to.

Cringo31Cringo31over 2 years ago

This story falls into the category of so many stories on Lit. I bad ending to a very good story. There should have been some fallout with his dad and step mother.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

YYYYYYEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!! Read this one awhile back and couldn’t find it until now. 555 stars burn all the bitches.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I like it . One quick sweep of everyone that betrayed him. End it quick

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

SUCH A STUPID END BY A BAD WRITER....TO BE EXPECTED I GUESS

nixroxnixroxalmost 3 years ago

5 stars.

This story appealed to my sense of justice.

Great idea and well written. Keep writing.

inbigjimflinbigjimflabout 3 years ago

Yes it would have been nice to know what Mama Connie did but I assume she was with them on girls outing and knew what was going on and said nothing wanting grand children

Tracy78Tracy78over 3 years ago

Would have been nice to know what Mama Connie did. I liked everything else.

Dlh143Dlh143over 3 years ago

Great! About a cheating whore's covering friends get theirs as well!

JonDoe315JonDoe315over 3 years ago

i get why writers like to leave the story as is but sometimes u just need a redux, closure or another chapter from someones elses pov

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Could have been good

I know the purpose was about the others, but it would have been good to have a chapter about the wife's reaction and impact on her. Also, more detail on mam Connie and epilog on all of them. Fell short of a complete story.

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Decent

Decent story spoilt by not knowing about Mama Connie.

kmreaderkmreaderover 3 years ago
What happened with Mama Connie?

Did she herself admit to an “unfortunate set of circumstances?” Was she caught on the phone with a lover? Did she know about Jamey’s affair and cover too? Did she admit to something from the past or was otherwise engaged in an ongoing affair of her own? Not enough here to generate a follow-up story I believe, but you sure left your readers hanging on this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

You left us wondering if Mama Connie just knew all about the infidelity or had done the same. gotta give you a 4 on this one. good but not great.

gamblnluck

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

Reading again. Read in the paper yesterday that one of our state representatives here in NC is being sued by the divorced husband of one of his administrative assistants for alienation of affection. Apparently they had a two year affair and broke up her marriage. Cheating sometimes costs a lot here in NC. Author knows his law.

OPrimeOPrimeover 3 years ago
The End sucked

We are left wondering about Mamma Connie, what was her transgression? What happened to the other couples, the wife and how the husband prevailed in the suits? Felt like a good story but only half finished.

vickitvohiovickitvohioover 3 years ago

again the ending. too vague with Mama Connie 3*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Real Friends Tell

Good story, thanks for the read. Forget the "not getting involved" shit, "real" friends or family for that matter would tell you if they knew or had information about your spouse cheating on you. For those that kept their mouth shut, get rid of them, you don't need them in your life.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 3 years ago
2nd time through.

Liked it just as much but would love to have known what was going on with Connie and maybe some of the fallout amongst the group of affected people.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Could only give it 4*

As poignant as the revenge was written, a follow up with all characters involved would have put it over the top.

Good Story.

DearfieldDearfieldover 3 years ago
Sweet Revenge

I really enjoyed the fictional story, He is not out of the woods yet he must be in pain, Sweet Revenge.

gfrhgfrhalmost 4 years ago
Shame

I really wish we could have read what his stepmother's conversation consisted of during the girl's vacation and the outcome of the divorce/lawsuits. Good story otherwise.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Loved it. Great that the cheating wife got caught and dumped.

Even better that the “ friends” were caught out in lies and cover ups.

I don’t know anything about American law, however in the U.K. it wouldn’t work. Sad really. Well done for non-violent revenge though.

lee5456lee5456almost 4 years ago
It must be Christmas

In that lawsuit that guy needs a sanity clause

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago
One of the best

Love the cheating bastards getting burned by good old North Carolina laws. A great story about justice.

dob092095dob092095about 4 years ago
Great story

Even if those suits get thrown out, it would be fulfilling to have the friends publicly drawn into court anyway. His bud talking trash about him to others really deserves to pay.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Damn, I Wish I Could

Have done this to my ex and a few others back home years ago.

Just read Crissscross, since there wasn't an option for comments I'll state them here. First of all while not an original concept it was still a good, entertaining story. There are a few things that I don't think can ever be done better as most of the times when they do, such as movies and tv series's they aren't better they are simply more over the top with special effects and poorer acting. Such is the case with any, and I think I've seen them all, movies by Alfred Hitchcock. Also, music by Mancini and Lightfoot, White Christmas by Crosby, Let It Snow by Monroe and Robin Hood by Flynn among others.

Fun story here Flavian, you're probably right that it wouldn't fly in our real world, more is the pity, but this is your world and it's probably a better place than ours. Don't sweat the ones that can't think for themselves that there should be more fleshing out, shit, what more do you need to see and hear? It's pretty obvious what Momma Connie's involvement was. Stories are always too short, too long, not enough detail, too much detail or cuck shit, etc., this was was just fine the way it was. Signed: BTW ps. Wouldn't mind a sequel if ya get bored without more things to put on the screen.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
More needed

The end was a bit abrupt, could have used a bit more fleshing out.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
dumb

his step mother had no concerns that evening as the three other couples relationships dissolved from the recordings taken from the cabin that evening?

And then it ended with her anguish?

Why didnt she care about the recording from that night and then suddenly did?

It isnt cool to stop the story early and skip over why she is suddenly upset when for the past half hour she didnt give a shit that every other marriage of every other woman she spent that weekend with imploded

Its hack writing

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 5 years ago
Enjoyed the story.

Author's wrap up at the end of the story was informative. Thanks for sharing Flavian.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Good for a laugh

There's not a jury or a Judge that doesn't laugh him out of Court.

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Man

You definitely hit a homer with that one. We still get the occasional A of E suit here in NC, and some are paying high damages.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
The "feminization" of the divorce and child custody laws

have no doubt contributed heavily to the growth of the MGTOW movement.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I Have Gone Through Divorce Three Times

Divorce can literally ruin innocent men. Why is it that a wife can commit adultery, but the husband is the one who pays dearly? But if the husband is found to be in the wrong, he is dragged through a raging fire? I have never understood why a no-fault divorce assures a wife of no less than a fifty percent share of everything; but the husband rarely gets equal time with his children. Husband's should get custody of their children 180 days a year. And if infidelity is involved, the third party should be court ordered to pay the cost of the divorce...dollar for dollar what the husband has to pay, the costs of the husband's legal fees, and all of the costs for marriage counseling.

SkubabillSkubabillover 5 years ago
Very Good Story

I really enjoyed this story. The only disappointment is not knowing what his step mother did to cause her suit. I'm still giving it five stars.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 5 years ago
No experience of divorce

Myself so I was surprised with your statement in the end. The trick is that this "Alienation of Affection" is used all over in LE LW category. Apparently everybody is just copying from each other.

Not a bad story but in reality this would not hold. People would talk and sooner or later it would boil over. I would even bother to socialize with a cheater just to avoid any involvement.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

A great read and definitely a favorite!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
Just Read Flavian's New Story

Came back to this, and I don't remember if it was in the story and/or a comment, but reference was made to Jamey's ONE indiscretion. Wasn't this an on-going affair?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Awesome. A sequel would be brilliant showing us the fall of all those traitors.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
This is an exceptional story.

It's different, explores new territory, and looks the pain of betrayal right in the eyes. I liked it very much - one of the best here in LW. Thank you for something original.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Request for source

Hue Dogg - Please give us a source for your "information" that one out of every three DNA tests ...

not that we don't believe you, of course, but as President Reagan once opined,

"Trust but verify."

Thank you

Sorry to do this as Anon, but my password seems to be out of order tonight.

GrimmerGrimmerover 5 years ago
4.8

Nice change of pace.

Huedogg - ugly stat

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 5 years ago
Johnadp You need to get your facts straight

Do you realize it one out of every three DNA test given that the husband is not the father, while you’re trying to say that men cheat more than women, are you serious. The only difference between men and women cheating is that men are more likely to get caught 90% of the time. Do the math, the number of men finding out they aren’t the daddy, is growing daily.

trandall9991trandall9991almost 6 years ago
loved this

So well thought out. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
ONE OF THE GREAT LOVING WIVES STORIES ON LITEROTICA

This has the tension and angst and heart-rate-increasing drama that causes us to read LW stories. Well-told with plenty of dialog and a plot to make it a gripping tale.

Too bad no follow-up on Mama Connie, and no face-to-face confrontation with wife Jamie. That would have put it at a truly rarified stratospheric level. Still worth 5 stars.

Paul in Oklahoma

johnadpjohnadpalmost 6 years ago
Author's Note Misses A Crucial Point

The author states " They claim that it is only a 'revenge' tool for the so-called 'evil' husband to get his ounce of blood out of someone contributing to his losing his 'property,' as those bashing men for supposedly still having medieval attitudes toward the wife's place in a marriage still assert." Your attitude is so mysoginst that you don't realize the silliness of that point. At least 50% more men cheat than women (40% of women, 60% of men), in addition, 15% of men say they cheated as revenge because the wife cheated first, and 32% of women say they cheated as revenge for the husband cheating. So twice as many women as man say the other spouse cheated first so nullifying any "Alienation of Affection Lawsuit". So if you take out those percentages, then 51% of men are cheating first, and only 27% of women cheat first. Almost 2 to 1.

So if any gender is protected by simplifying divorces it is not women, it is men. Almost twice as many men are cheating (51-27), so a great deal more men are protected than women. So if there is any sexism in the law it is to protect men and not women.

RuttweilerRuttweileralmost 6 years ago
More hate for the fire!

At least all the trolls will be happy! That’s what seems to get the blood boiling around here.

cub4acougarcub4acougaralmost 6 years ago
think of the possibilities

if it were possible imagine how many more court rooms lawyers judges and staff that would be needed

personally i`m all for it

maybe then cheaters and their coconspiritors would be held responsable for their actions as it is today they are rewarded

the laws should be changed so that if infidelity was prooven then the cheater loses everything including assetes and custody of their children sort of a must have prenup that the spouses must sign before they were allowed to marry

laptopwriterlaptopwriterabout 6 years ago
I thoroughly enjoyed this.

Normally I scoff at stories that use 'Alienation of Affections,' in them; especially when they win millions of dollars in a suit. Even in states where the law still exists, rarely is there amy money exchanged.

As fanciful as this was, it was extremely well researched, thought out, and done with purpose.

Well done!

I only wonder how much all those suits would have cost going in. :-)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
One of the best

Loved this story. Those who enable whores, cover for them, encourage them and so forth deserve to be treated with absolute contempt. If someone will “keep a secret” like cheating it shows how little value they place on marriage, honesty and the relationship.

Pappy7Pappy7about 6 years ago
Wow, second read and noticed that I

hadn't commented or at least one that wasn't deleted. I don't think deleted because of the 5 stars and generally good impression I got about the story. Any comment would have been stellar. Now, my take on this is that the wife was entitled and narcissistic and stupid. And her friends were "her" friends and didn't feel they owed her husband any loyalty. He sued the big mouthed one because of what her husband did after she told him. Just a way of hitting Roy-boy in the pocketbook, something he would understand and feel. He didn't sue the other adulteress because her husband was his friend, but because he was a friend he needed to know that his wife was a cheater. Now, Mama Connie. I don't think she had an affair. The feeling I got about that is that he considered her his mother and as such she should have had his back and instead she condoned Jaimie's affair by her silence. Both to him and to his dad. Good story, best of your works, in my opinion. Unlike the other epic, "Biggest and Best", the husband was decisive in his moves and actions. But, that said, your writing is unbelievably good and very easy to read. Wish you would put out something new.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
SO THE PI FOUND OUT ABOUT STEP-MOM STEPPING OUT FOR SOME STRANGE COCK, TOO, HUH.

Life's a bitch. When I was nineteen, I stopped to help our neighbor's wife get her car out of a snowbank. She was 28, with a voluptuous body that would give a snowman a hard on. She was on her way home with Groceries and was really upset from when her car spun out into the snowbank so she asked if I'd follow her home. When we got there, she was still shaking so I carried her groceries in and then had coffee while helping her put them away. I was a good looking guy and athletic but she was a married beauty and a neighbor so, even though I had a vicious hard on from looking at her fantastic bubble butt ass and torpedo titties, it never entered my mind to DO anything to her. But then SHE noticed the wet spot on my jeans and asked if I'd spilled coffee on myself and started blotting at it with the dish towel that she had in her hand. Of course she instantly discovered that her hand was covering the head and three inches of my thick eight and a half inch cock. She squeezed it, like she couldn't believe it was actually what she thought it was. That's when I saw her eyes go to the window, as an automatic reaction to make sure that her husband wasn't around. It was not quite eleven in the morning and he worked until five. When she didn't take her hand away, I scooped her up and carried her over to the couch, where we got naked in less than thirty seconds and I began working my cock into her tight, juicy pussy. I fucked Joyce for hours and came in her five times before I left. It was still snowing hard and with the road conditions, we knew her husband wouldn't be home till about seven. I was sure that the wind and snow would cover my tire tracks. Two days later, she hit her horn and waved when she saw me getting into my car as she drove down toward town. She parked on the far side of the grocery store lot and waited. I pulled up and signaled her to get in and took her to my grandpa's house. He'd gone into a nursing home so the house was going to be sold. I fucked her brains out in that house almost daily for over a year and no one ever knew.

THIS WAS A DAMNED WELL DONE STORY. 5 *s

darthdaxdarthdaxabout 6 years ago
Thanks

Thanks for writing this story, I've enjoyed it every time I've read it(about 5 times now:)

5-stars!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Speaking as a Paralegal (retired) Is this possible?

In theory? Yes this is possible. The straight odd's however being served of going to court is 1:19. That is, once a lawsuit is filed there is only a 5% chance of it ever seeing a court room. Odd's are high that the former close friends would be sued (I'm guessing) for roughly $100,000 if it went to court. Out of court settlement would probably be around $25,000 give or take a bit. Remember, this is my opinion- had I told you the law then I would be practicing law without a license. Now, it is in theory that by the time the lawsuits were filed, and the paying for the PI and the attorneys you would be looking at about,,,,$25,000 per suit and it'd be public record. So, you file, you accept an out of court settlement for $25,000, the suit's are then dropped so there's NOT a public record which in turn saves everyone's job and clears the docket for more important things. So the shakedown bottom line would be something like: $100,000 to $125,000 on the friends and family- with his evidence from the PI it'd be a slam dunk. Now, the "Alienation of Affection" against Doug? That'd be $5 million, probably settle out of court for roughly $250,000 give or take a bit. The Company where they worked? Oh Shit Oh Dear on the fallout! First, it could be a class action lawsuit for lets say all the workers, managers, who knew- roll them bones around $20 million- settle for $500,000ish on an "Alfred Plea". (that is, it's an out of court settlement not admitting negligence but acknowledging if going to court they'd lose). The company, would roll them bones also at $20 million. This would never, ever see the inside of a court room- the negative publicity can kill a company- besides, they'd be covered under the Umbrella liability insurance. Payout? Eh, call it $2.5 million gross. So $100,000 + $250,000 + $2.5 million= $2,850,000 (*.33% for lawyer fee's) = $2,850,000 -$940500= $1,909,500.oo. For almost a million dollars? Attorneys DREAM of lawsuits like this- because their Boss's will give them a $10% cut for Christmas bonus. As far as the wisdom of doing this? That, is subject to debate.

BetterEndingBetterEndingover 6 years ago
I Could Be Wrong

but I don't think we can assume that every package was a lawsuit. I think what was given to Larry was just the proof that Larry's wife was having an affair. I really think he only sued Roy and his wife because Roy was such an asshole at the bar with his other friends.

Unfortunately, the author did not tell us what happened with his father and step-mother. He could have been giving them evidence of either an affair she had, the fact that she had discussed his wife's affair and did not tell him or a combination of both. I doubt he would have sued her as it would have just impacted his father.

Good story but a few words about the situation with the step-mother would have made it much better. Thanks for writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Excellent writing

What a shitty situation. You did well. Thanks

StormKing33StormKing33over 6 years ago
5* Awesome

A calm, ruthless story of a new category of BTE. No vomiting, no pity drinking, running, away like a craven coward, Raac, etc. Cool.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
He included them all

Mama Connie was last, she was on that vacation with the girls too. His he was to hurt to face his father with the information about the step mother. Although you're correct I'm not a lawyer and neither do I play one on TV but, alienation of affection is hard enough against the guy but. Friends and associates.I loved the story and the way you put it together.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
why not have elvis disembark

from a ufo - only a moron or a closet-cuckster could enjoy a story so bone-crushingly idiotic

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
What about Mamma Connie

Is there a story to be had here?

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 7 years ago
Brilliant! 💡💡💡💡💡

Very clever and original. Really a story of settling accounts with so called friends. Lot's of detail and certainly worth reading again at a later date. ⛦⛦⛦⛦⛦

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Thank You For Writing This

My cousin slapped me viciously across my face and lashed me verbally, "You knew that ****** was cheating on me with that teenaged bitch, but didn't tell me. In my book, you are every bit as bad as he is. I expected better from you. If you're not on my side, you're on his side." Lesson brutally earned. I expect my friends to enlighten me if my wife/fiancé/girlfriend cheats on me. If they don't, they're no longer friends of mine. Great story!

robnilrobnilover 7 years ago
refreshing

a very good story with an original plot. I would really like to see a continuation of this story just to see where the "chips fell" as the saying goes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
More info

I'd love to hear about what happened to the boss. And was Jamey slapped down by our hero's behind the scenes, brilliant work. Did the company pay for their part in this?

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
IF YOU ARE GOING TO BE A SHARK

choose the Great White, they fear nothing, even bigger Whites, but they will respect them in their vicinity, TK U MLJ LV NV

ErotFanErotFanover 7 years ago
wHAT A GREAT READ

Well written, even if on shaky legal premises.

As far as your 'catholic' characters, he may put her out, but he'll have serious difficulties with the 'divorce.' So some elements of plot weakness there too.

But what the hell. The sci-fi & fantasy stories get away with more than that and no one blinks at those.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
this has to be one of the stupidest stories

I have read on here. I wish there was a way to give half a star.

sugnasugnaover 7 years ago
Interesting

Who cares if it is legally accurate. Even if it was all bull, his serving them had the effect that he wanted to achieve. It was a matter of plowing under a crop gone to rot, in order to start new next season. As far as preserving any of these relationships, it is simply foolish. I have lived long enough to see a large group of my peers go from children, to teenagers, to adults, to married, some to divorced, to entering their "golden" years. Today, they are all the same as they were 50 years ago. Their characters did not change one bit. The good are still good and the shit is still shit. So, when you find yourself in the company of a turd, don't waste your time - flush it away lest it cover you with it's stink.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Re-Reading

"And the thrill of being wicked just once before I finally settle down to enjoy the rest of my life with Clint." - I know it's been said before, maybe not here but in similar story, but does this mean that she would be fine with Clint being "wicked just once" before settling down? No? Didn't think so! When will these wives learn that the time to be "wicked" is before you're even exclusive, let alone married or engaged?

"Satisfied, Asshole?" - HE'S an asshole? You cheat, help his wife cover-up HER cheating in gratitude for her helping you cover up hers, and you call him an asshole? ROFL!

I'd like to add my voice to those who want to know what was in the last envelope!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous