Divorce and Future - Passed

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
StangStar06
StangStar06
5,852 Followers

Suddenly, behind him I saw a familiar flash of light. "Sorry, Daddy, I forgot one thing," said Tina from behind him.

"Wha..." he said turning around.

"I love you Daddy," said Tina as she wrapped her arms around Davenport and both of them blinked out of existence.

I remembered her words when she'd shown me his grave. The date on his headstone had been today's date. I really thought that I'd killed him. But then she did say that he just disappeared.

I walked back to his outer office.

"I really don't have time to wait for him, Connie," I said. "If he ever shows up can you just tell him that I came by?"

"I sure will," she said. She got up and walked into the office and looked around for him. She knocked on the door to his bathroom and opened it when there was no answer.

"I really thought he was in there," she said as I left.

From that day on, my family and I were fine. A few years later, an aunt I never knew about left me nearly a half million dollars in her will. I knew it was the other Tina. I used the money to start my business. I called it Reed and Son Enterprises. We specialized in business facilitation.

For his eight birthday, I bought Jakey a robot. He looked at me as if I was crazy. I asked him if he wanted to take it back and exchange it. He nodded his head and off to the toy store we went. He ended up with two toys in place of the expensive robot. He got a scale model Mustang and a baseball bat. He now plays first base for his high school team. I go to every game and as many practices as I can. He wants to go into our family business after college.

Years later, when the subject of that birthday came up in conversation, he told me that he didn't want me to think he didn't appreciate the robot, but it gave him chills. He thought it was kind of creepy.

Sarah and I had two more kids before we settled in to enjoy our lives together. I take it easy and let Jakey do most of the day to day running of the business now. He got married to a blonde woman who looked a lot like those two I had in the future, but he's happy and in love so who am I to question it.

Tina got married right out of high school. She's now a fat and happy suburban house wife with two screaming kids and there are still no robots. Ford did fuck up the Mustang in 2015, but I couldn't bring myself to drive a Camaro. I just buy and rebuild older Mustangs.

I guess unlike a lot of unhappy, miserable, divorced guys, I was lucky. I got a chance to look at my divorce and the future...And I passed on both. For me the divorce was awful and the future sucked. Life is good.

The end

* * * * * *

Okay as a parting shot, let me explain the title. There were so many of you who didn't get the play on words in the title for the story "Hindsite" that we decided to explain this one. This story is basically a tribute to the story "Days of Future, past" For those of you who aren't familiar with it. It's a classic X-Men story. In that comic, an older version of Kitty Pryde comes back to our time to warn the X-Men about the future. Our story is called Divorce and Future-Passed. Because the protagonist gets a look at his divorce and the future and he decides to pass on both.

StangStar06
StangStar06
5,852 Followers