All Comments on 'Do Witches Really Exist?'

by DG Hear

Sort by:
  • 48 Comments
Tarheels_FanTarheels_Fanover 10 years ago
Scratch one off of the bucket list

Use " It was a dark and stormy night " can be scratched off the bucket list. Excellent story. Thank you for sharing

redlion75redlion75over 10 years ago

would like to have seen this expanded.

bruce22bruce22over 10 years ago
Loved it as usual

These people were strangely enough easy to like. I wish that I was a warlock....

I am still not sure that I believe Brad's story...

john1946john1946over 10 years ago
OK

I know that when I see a D.G.Hear story it will be a good read. I am seldom disapointed. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Worth a followup

Nicely done, begs for more on this interesting family, if Molly becomes a witch or stays mortal.

Great job. You are very diverse with your creations.

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
ITS MUCH EZer TO BELIEVE THAN DIS-BELIEVE

and you don't have to give solid explanations, TK U MLJ LV NV

gemman1gemman1over 10 years ago
One comment only

Being a Male Witch... Please don't call us Warlocks...we aren't.. that term means Oath Breaker and is kinda of an insult.... other then that the story was good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Warlock is a term that is generally accepted by most people when refering to a Male Witch.

Every sect of warlocks has their own opinion about what they should be called. I say, if you want to call them warlocks, call them warlocks.

Nice little story DG, I like your current editor.

DepopuloDepopuloover 10 years ago

to genman1:

Most fantasy uses of an magic user, be it witch, warlock, mage, sorcerer, necromancer, pyromancer, chronomancer, etc.... are all fantasy based and usually have virtually no connection to the practicing wiccan religion outside of the general terminology and thought process that has been taken from Christian dogma and turned into sword and sorcery motif over the last century or so.

If your a practicing wiccan of whatever sect or order (sorry I don't know enough about the structure or breakdown of the tenants of the practice or religion to which you belong. I've known one or two practicing wiccans so I know a little, and I also know that there's not any 100% true center to the religion), then good for you man.

Though let me state as per the above, this is the fantasy use of your belief system, and while I understand people hold their religious beliefs sacred and don't like to see them used wrongly or made fun of..... in the end.. dude its just a story.

I'll tell any Christian that I come across the same thing when it comes to movies like the Davinci Code or anything of that nature that they get up in arms about. Your beliefs are yours and yours alone, there will always be other people to take anything religious/sacred/story wise/anything of this nature, and twist/corrupt/make fun of it.

By all means I didn't see you take exception to basically borrowing the name and description of a god followed by some of the nastiest warriors the earth has ever seen. Yet that god was worshiped for half a milenia, and today he's a super hero in a movie and comics.... I hope you understand where I'm coming from if you read this.

As to the story

well told except for the fact that the guy didn't simply walk away from someone who holds their family's opinion and edicts above her own, or not for snapping her parents off at the knees for doing that shit, or hiding a child from him.

Sorry I hold no love for people of that nature, and while its only a story, to have someone react like that and not get seriously bent out of shape over whats going on, well...

I know to challenge some one of real power with no power to back you up is usually a loosing proposition, and as said pride commeth before the fall.... often the fall is the only way to be what you should be. To simper and bow like the main character is to deserve what you get later in life (in this case the parents rulling his house for as long as they're around, not to mention the child.)

5/5 for the base story

-2 as per described above

3/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

I thought it was a good story. It could have been longer, with more time spent on the Marcie problem and developing that.

As far as the apparent disconnect between the story's depiction of witchcraft and the reality of it, that shouldn't bother anybody too much. It is fiction, after all. There was a writer from England, Dennis Wheatley, long gone, but he wrote about witches and satanists. His stories included much that was frankly wrong and rubbish, but the stories were good (if a little jaded now). Writers have been taking liberties with the truth for centuries. Even Shakespeare did it. So anybody that does the same is in good company. Don't let it faze you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Yeah, "warlock" originally meant "oath-breaker" ...

... but "nice" originally meant "foolish", "silly" originally meant "prosperous", "priest" originally meant "old-timer", and "bishop" originally meant "watcher". Word meanings change over time, and words mean now what people use them to mean now. Don't sweat it.

chris73170chris73170over 10 years ago
loved it

i dont know if they do, but if they did i would like to find one like serena and fall in love with her

patientleepatientleeover 10 years ago
Sweet story.

No less factual than Charmed or Bewitched.

JusttooldJusttooldover 10 years ago
good

Another great story from one of my favorite authors. Loved the way you took a myth of witches and potions and made a story out of it. Mind you after reading this story I really wonder if it is a myth.

Keep the stories coming, I am always looking for them.

OverthefallsOverthefallsover 10 years ago
A good story

It felt a little "mechanical" at times and there were sections that I wanted to feel more emotional about what was happening, but otherwise I enjoyed the read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
it was a good read, but

I enjoyed the story it was cute. I guess I expect too much. I expected to be scared or turned on or even better both. This is literotica (Erotic stories) and the theme is halloween. Yes there was a witch, actually a family of them but I did not experience fear and I was not the least bit turned on

Butterfly

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
amazing

Oh my god that made me cry ;c what a beautiful love story. So sexy and emotional..loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

terrific story. more!! a sequel perhaps?

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307over 10 years ago
Another fine story in a long line of fine stories...

... As with most of your stories, this one left me with a very good taste in my mouth. Some people have it and some people don't and you, my friend, definitely have it.

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 10 years ago
Bicely done - as usual

The story flowed well - for the most part -

Using the present to get to the past is a nice trick - so many really start now - immediately get to the "where we started" part then come back to the present and actually tell the story - you wove it together very well.

The accuracy of any terminology and its relation to ant ones reality is not terribly important - one man's religious fact is another man's myth based fable - we all need to remember that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
REALLY BEWITCHING STORY

REALLY ENJOYED THE STORY I LOST IT BUT FINALLY FOUND IT AGAIN.

SEQUEL?? IN MY FAVORITES MOLLY FOR A WITCHES NAME(MAYBE)??

RON TEXAS

rightbankrightbankalmost 9 years ago
just the right amount of fantasy

mixed with reality to make it fun.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I liked this story.

I've never felt the need to comment on any story before. I really, really enjoyed it.

In addition I was not distracted by mis-spellings, wrong punctuation, and poor grammar. Obviously the story was carefully read, not depending on a mechanical spell checker that cannot tell if "then" or "than" should be used.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
With a touch of class

NEAT STORY! You are a class writer of fiction! (I0 stars) thank you for sharing this story with us! Love you all! Bye. Greg. Oh do Witches Really Exist? I wish.

Tootight1Tootight1over 8 years ago
loved it

I love an inventive mind, and a story teller has it, usually. I don't usually read sci-fi stories, because they just don't come across the right way for me. As different as this story was from the norm, it worked for me. I know it was a little bogus, but isn't life sometimes. A very nice, entertaining read.

GoodhueGoodhueabout 8 years ago
Bewitched!

- I really enjoyed this off-beat tale! While the story got a tad clumsy at times,that whole thing about the deaths in the cemetery for example,it did have a magical feel about it.

complexhobagcomplexhobagabout 8 years ago
I wanted to like it

I like the premise of this story and all, but it just didn't work. She says she tells her parents everything. Well that is a lie, because she hid the truth until she became pregnant. Then she tells the main author he will find someone else better. Well look what happens to him he finds somebody else. Somebody awful and it was all because she was a coward. I didn't like the witch character at all. All this I can't tell you crap and it was for his own good was just a weak plot device. Also why drink something to make you forget. If he loved her he would never have done that. I really wanted to like the story I just couldn't. Why couldn't she help him become a warlock, so they could be together. The story was just too weak.

complexhobagcomplexhobagabout 8 years ago
I wanted to like it

I like the premise of this story and all, but it just didn't work. She says she tells her parents everything. Well that is a lie, because she hid the truth until she became pregnant. Then she tells the main author he will find someone else better. Well look what happens to him he finds somebody else. Somebody awful and it was all because she was a coward. I didn't like the witch character at all. All this I can't tell you crap and it was for his own good was just a weak plot device. Also why drink something to make you forget. If he loved her he would never have done that. I really wanted to like the story I just couldn't. Why couldn't she help him become a warlock, so they could be together. The story was just too weak.

HighlandLaddieHighlandLaddieover 7 years ago
loved it...just brilliant bit

of hokum....love stories like this that stretch the realms of belief and fantasy.....today we call witches..HERBALISTS OR ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE .....years ago because of bigotry by the church many so called witches were murdered....the most famous were The Pendle Witches...who...basically were just herbalists who knew how to use the plants that surround us for curing aches and pains etc.....today....many Amazonian tribes and others not tainted by modern society still practice herbalism....who knows what future cures we are losing by the rapid destruction of the Amazonian Forest and others.....who knows...even a cure for cancer ....and all to line the pockets of super rich bastards who don't give a toss as long as they make piles of money....

rodryder44rodryder44almost 6 years ago
Witchesg

Cute: Check

Easy reading: Check

Worth the time: Check

tazz317tazz317almost 6 years ago
THE KEY WORD IS HALLOWEEN

if we can believe in life, living and death, its just a small step to the next dimension with its style,modes and idiosyncrinsies TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
So she loved him but still abandoned him becuase her parents said so?

Thats not the kind of girl you marry

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I was told by Serena's father that she was very special to him and that I had better always treat her right. I let him know that Serena and my baby girl, who we named, Molly were my life.

I also told him I dont like bigots and I would never step foot in his home for as long as I lived and I ould be dead before he ever set foot in mine, or had a chance to make my daughter a bigot like him

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxabout 3 years ago
Loved it!!

Thanks so much for such a fun read. I love good witch stories. Bad witch stories not so much. Thanks again

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Dang!! I love a great story and this was one. Keep up the great writing!

5* , as usual.

Munchie184

Rancher46Rancher46almost 3 years ago

What a great story, just enough drama to make it captivating. Love the end where John gets back with Serina and finds out that she is a witch, they marry and live happily ever after. Well done 5++stars

NitpicNitpicover 2 years ago
Why

Why would he tell people he won a lot of money,surely he knew it would cause problems?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wonderful and beautiful story. There's a bit of everything. Definitely a five star rating. 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Easily a 5 ***** story with lost of drama. When you start reading it, you can't take your eyes out of their sockets and let them rest for a while. You got to read it to the very end. I wonder who was the witch ancestor?

BJ

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

enjoyed another simulating story - - THANK YOU !!

Diecast1Diecast1almost 2 years ago

Great story, love it. AAAAAA++++++

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 1 year ago

Great story with a pleasant twist. At least she's not twitching her nose and making things happen like Samantha did lol.

gifoncegifonceover 1 year ago

Didn't like it. I found it silly. Weak plot and full of flaws in the story.

By the way it's orgasm and not organism.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The word is orgasm not organism.

NitpicNitpicabout 1 year ago
Why

Why,would he tell anyone he won a lot of money,it was bound to attract gold-diggers?.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I’m a sucker for a happy ending.

tinfoilhattinfoilhat8 months ago

Loved this story. I need to meet a witch too.

berjunmiesterberjunmiester6 months ago

I know we humans arent too brainy but you made the MC weak as fuck.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDG Hear@DG Hear
5721 Followers
I want to thank all the readers who read and comment on my stories. If anyone would have told me 8 yrs ago (now it's 16 yrs ago) I would be writing stories (on an adult web site) I would have laughed at them. Thank you so much for the feedback and comments. It's what keep m...

SIMILAR Stories