Donating Blood

Story Info
Going to donate blood changed my life.
3k words
4.3
136.6k
29
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DG Hear
DG Hear
5,713 Followers

Thanks to 'Techsan' for editing this story.

I was on my way home from work, I had to stop by the Red Cross and donate blood which I do about every three months. I had my appointment time set and went in and registered waiting my turn. They ran my card through the computer and asked all the silly questions ... well, I guess they're not really silly but I always sat there and said, No, no, no....until we made it through the whole list. I was a six gallon donor so it was almost always the same. I have never been in the hospital or overseas so it was pretty easy for me.

The only person I had sex with in the last twenty years was my wife of eighteen years. Yes, we did the dirty before we got married, just like about everyone else in the world. Anyway that made the sex questions pretty easy also. No venereal diseases, no HIV or any other sexually transmitted diseases. I knew the nurse always felt funny asking me all the sexual questions. But it was her job and we went through the usual list. Then she said she would be right back after she checked her updated donors list. She came back and looked at me with her head down. "What is it, Mary?" I asked. "Is my iron low or something?"

She looked at me and asked if Judy Lawrence was related to me? I said, "Of course, Mary, she's my wife. You know that. What's the problem, Mary?"

"Jim, Judy came in to donate blood this morning and was declined."

"What does that have to do with me, Mary?"

"Jim, I don't know exactly how to say this but according to her form this morning she has had sex in the last three months with someone who tested positive as a carrier for HIV. That means anyone that she has had sexual relations with could have possibly contacted the disease and cannot donate blood for twelve months. I'm so sorry, Jim."

"Wait a second, Mary. Did she just walk in here and say this to the Red Cross?"

"No, Jim, when someone goes to their doctor or hospital and is found to be a carrier then they are asked to give the names of any people that they have had sexual relations with in the last year. This list is confidential but made available to the Red Cross so we can watch for tainted blood."

"So, Mary, you're telling me that my loving wife was on a carriers list?"

"Yes, Jim, the carrier was supposed to contact his sexual partners and let them know that he was a carrier so they could seek medical advice. But according to your wife's form, she was never notified."

"Who is the carrier that says he had sex with my wife, Mary?"

"I'm sorry, Jim, I can't tell you since you didn't have sex with this individual. You are a second contact and you will have to find out from your wife. I'm really sorry, Jim. I'm just not allowed to say. I hope you understand. Just like I can't mention your name to anyone else either."

"Mary, we have been friends for a long time and I won't push the issue. But what are the chances of me being infected?"

"Jim, your chances are pretty good that you are not infected. Since it was a second contact and ... I shouldn't tell you this either but ... your wife said protection was used so that's in your favor also."

I thanked Mary and headed for home. What was I to do? How was I going to handle this after eighteen years of marriage. We have one daughter who just graduated and is going to college but living at home. What do I say to her? I had always thought we had a good marital relationship. We had sex or made love pretty regularly. In fact we did it just last week. God, I was all over her body that night. Now I might live to regret it.

That was our special night out. We went out to dinner and drinks. I remember us getting pretty loaded. The sex when we got home was great. I was trying to remember everything we did. I remember us kissing at the beginning, then I was sucking on her breasts. Damn, now the love seems so clinical. After sucking on her breasts I went down on her. God, I ate her out, I had my mouth all over her vagina and my tongue in her until she climaxed. Christ, I'm liable to have an STD of the mouth. Then I remember her going down on me also. I climaxed in her pussy and then we kissed some more. Damn her for putting our lives in jeopardy and all for what? I have yet to find out.

I had to calm down. I had to act as though nothing had happened until I get the name of the son of a bitch. Then the shit will hit the fan.

As usual when I got home dinner was just about ready. Beth, our daughter always started it and then my wife would usually get home before me and finish it. This was kind of a family time where we all sat and discussed our day. We probably ate together at least four days a week. Today could turn interesting.

When I walked into the house I went straight to the restroom to wash my hands. I usually kiss my wife and daughter when I come in but I wanted to stay away from that tonight. Especially Beth. I didn't want to even kiss her till I knew what was going on. I didn't want to give my daughter a disease. Damn, I was almost paranoid now.

We sat down to eat and Beth started talking about her first few weeks at college. She was so excited and talked through the whole dinner. Then she said that her girlfriend was going to pick her up and they were going over to the library to study. She asked if we could get the dishes tonight since her girlfriend had already arrived and was waiting on her. I told her to take off and get her studies done. I'd load the dish washer for her. She really was a good kid. I couldn't be prouder of her.

As soon as Beth left, my demeanor changed. I looked at Judy as asked her how her day went. She said it was pretty much a normal day, saying nothing about donating blood or at least attempting too.

I looked her right in the eyes and said, "Judy, would you say the most important thing in a marriage is trust and honesty?"

She looked at me kind of strange and asked, "What's this about, Jim? Why would you ask me a question like that?"

"Just answer the question and I will explain afterwards," I said.

"Okay, I'll play along. Yes, I believe marriages are built on trust and honesty," she replied.

I wanted this to come out almost like a game. I didn't want her to try and second guess me so I told her at work today one of the members of our group that always eats lunch together asked a question. Do we feel that our wives or husbands would lie to us on important issues? Not the little white lies but really important ones.

The majority said they believed their spouse would tell them the truth. Judy asked me what my answer was? I told her that I told the group that we had a strong marriage and were able to talk out our problems and I would hope that you would tell me the truth.

Judy looked at me and said, "Jim, I would never lie to you."

I told her if she did lie to me that I could never trust her again and without trust there is no marriage. Then I looked at her and said, "Well, we're talking. Are there any secrets you need to tell me? I'm willing to listen."

She acted like she was going to say something and then stopped. Then she replied, "No, Jim, I have no secrets hidden from you."

Then I said, "By the way, Judy, I went to give blood today. Did you? We normally go the same day."

She looked at me a little nervous and said she went but they said her iron was low and couldn't give this time. I looked at her and said they wouldn't take mine either. Something about my wife might have HIV.

Judy put her hands over her mouth and said, "Oh, my God! They said it would be kept private. I didn't know they would tell you. I'm so sorry."

I looked up at Judy and said, "Trust and honesty make up a marriage? I just gave you every chance to tell me and you still kept it from me. Who the hell have you been fucking that you were willing to sacrifice your marriage for and possibly give us STD's?"

"Please, Jim, I'm so sorry. Please forgive me. It will never happen again, I promise."

"Who the fuck was it? It's the last time I'm going to ask. I'll go down to your office and ask every son of a bitch there if you don't tell me."

Judy was crying and kept asking me to forgive her. Then she said it was one of the salesmen, Bob Hawkins, at work. She said that he was fairly new to the area and would only be there for a few months for training and then move on. He was making a play for all the ladies. One day he took her out to lunch. She didn't honestly know why she did it but he kept coming on to her and constantly complementing her and she finally gave in. She figured it would be a one time thing.

She stated that he would be gone at the end of the month. His temporary stay here was about over. She told him that he had to wear a condom but he was a lousy lover next to me. He just fucked her. He had no idea about making love.

Judy looked at me and said, "Jim, I'm so sorry I cheated on you. It was the one and only time in our marriage that it ever happened. I was stupid and acted like a schoolgirl. I promise you with all my heart that I will do everything humanly possible to make it up to you. Please forgive me."

"Judy, at the start of our conversation we both agreed that it takes trust and honesty to keep a marriage together. You broke both. Even after I gave you a chance to tell the truth, you still lied to me. Now you're saying it never happened before. Since you lied to me now, right to my face, there is no way I could tell your truth from your lies. You have just ended our marriage. For both of our sakes, I hope your lover did wear a condom and it was enough to keep us both from catching HIV."

Judy was sitting on the sofa crying as I went and packed myself a couple of suitcases. I told her we could file for a no-fault divorce. We both had good jobs and would be self-supporting. We could divide all our assets fifty-fifty. She could support Beth and I would make sure her college would be taken care of.

I told her she could explain it to Beth since it was her fault and her problem. I would contact my lawyer and he could get back to her. I then left crying as I got in my car. I was in control on the outside, but my insides were torn up. I wanted to puke. Eighteen years of marriage down the drain, and for what? A stupid ass fling.

I got a room in one of the economy motels for a week. I figured by then I would be in better condition to know what my plans were. I called my boss and told him I had some personal business to take care of and wouldn't be in the rest of the week. He told me it wouldn't be a problem and would see me the following Monday. I called information to find out where Bob Hawkins lived. I called his house and his wife answered. She asked who I was and I told her I was from the health department and needed to talk to him. She said he wasn't home at the moment but was going to meet a friend at the local pub. She then said, "What does the local health department want with Bob?"

I told her that he had HIV and has been spreading it around. We needed to know who all he had been in contact with. She was stunned and said we must have the wrong Bob Hawkins. That he wasn't from this area and was married with two kids.

I apologized and said I hope she was right but she might want to ask him about it when he got home. The bastard had a family and didn't even tell his wife. What an asshole.

I went to the local pub and it was fairly empty being a weeknight. I spotted one couple over in one of the booths and figured it was probably Bob putting the make on another wife. I walked up to him and asked if he was Bob Hawkins to which he said he was. I told him I was with the health department and would like to speak with him outside if I might. Of course he said yes and told the woman he would be right back.

We were about the same size except he was about fifteen years younger. I guess that's probably what drew Judy to him. Women like to think they are attractive to younger men. Hell with us older guys. That just pissed me off all the more. I had an old pair of brass knuckles I had bought at a garage sale. You don't see them much anymore.

As we turned into the parking lot I let him have it. I didn't say another word to him other than calling him a prick and a bastard. I kept beating him to a pulp. Mostly on the body. I kicked him twice on or near his gonads. Then I hit him one more time in the jaw. I think I broke it.

I was willing to go to jail for this. It was something I had to do. As he was laying there in a bruised and beat-up heap, I looked around, saw no one so I walked over to my car and went back to my motel and cleaned up. I did my best not to get any blood on me. I didn't want to take any chances with the HIV.

The next day I heard on the news that a man was beaten half to death in a pub parking lot near the lower east side. There were no witnesses. The victim had multiple broken ribs and a broken jaw. He was unable to talk due to his mouth being wired shut. They said he had other injuries but didn't say what the were. I was hoping they would have to pull his gonads out of his ass. According to the reports no one in the pub noticed anything strange. I guess the woman must have been married and didn't want to get involved. The bartender said he didn't see anything out of the ordinary.

I contacted my lawyer and made a doctors appointment. I talked to Beth the next day and she was in tears and said her mom told her the whole story and wanted to know if I would be able to forgive her. I told Beth that right now the pain was too real. I would be getting a divorce but she could contact me any time. I told her to take care of her mom and make sure her mom followed up with the doctors.

It's been about six months now. I went ahead with the divorce. It was finalized and so far neither of us show any signs of HIV or any STD's. We were lucky. Not every person is as lucky as we were. Bob's wife filed for divorce after being tested and is now an HIV carrier thanks to her loving husband. I don't have any idea where Bob is now but he never knew who beat the shit out of him. I guess a number of husbands wanted a piece of him. A few other women in Judy's office were tested also. Their record are kept confidential.

Judy's doing okay. She calls me to talk once in awhile and is always apologizing for her actions. The problem is she lost my trust. As we mentioned trust is gained and once lost is very hard to get back.

I'm doing well. Judy kept most everything but my personal stuff. She got a second mortgage on the house and paid me half our net worth. So financially we are both doing okay. I've least a little condo but it's just a place to lay my head. I no longe have a loving home. We do see each other once in awhile. We do have the same friends who are hoping that someday we will get back together. At least Judy is taking full responsibility for her actions. Not making a bunch of excuses.

Inside I really miss Judy. She was the love of my life and ruined it all for what? I know she's asking herself the same question. As for sex, I'm almost afraid to do it anymore. That was one of the nicest things about a monogamous marriage. The sex was great and there were no worries about STD's. I'm really scared for Beth and the dating scene. It's a pretty nasty world out there anymore.

I'm not sure what the future holds but both Judy and I will have to face it. Well, hopefully in another six months I will be able to be back donating blood.

Comments Welcome
DG Hear

DG Hear
DG Hear
5,713 Followers