All Comments on 'Don't Let Me Down'

by Harddaysknight

Sort by:
  • 251 Comments (Page 2)
rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
too cutesy to be credible

She put her husband down for standing up for her at the poker game

she said she dated the lothario before meeting her husband

she let the jerk keep hitting her husband, but wouldn't let him defend her honour

and the story about being in the motel room was way too convenient.

and if Sean was such a pariah, had already quit, and was moving, why was he invited and allowed to attend the private party?

sorry, too many twists and too many pertinent answers withheld for me

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
ITS THE OLD

keep it up Kelly, TK U MLJ LV NV

Tootight1Tootight1over 9 years ago
2nd read

give mom a big hug and a kiss, it's well deserved. the only one that had the insight to their marriage, and love. still a good story. communication would have went a long way in avoiding this whole mess.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
agreed

With rightbank.

this wife had zero respect for her husband.

far to many holes in the story line to make it believable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
other's remarks

I read a few of the less than complementary comments. I don't claim to be any big critic, but have watched a lot of this old world go by in my 66 years. My first reaction to the critics is simply this. Life is not tied up in a pretty bow for you to fawn over. I saw nothing that would/could be settled in private. I saw Kate take the most effective way to keep her man from killing -- literally, destroying her family -all of it.

I could rant on but you see my point

Seeing as how I cant seem to remember how to log in

I am auhunter04

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 9 years ago
keeping her man from destroying her family ?

Keeping her man from destroying her family?

Only if you don't consider him, her husband, to be her family.

She seems not to.

She showed no loyalty to him.

To her siblings yes.

To her parents yes.

To the law firm yes.

To him no.

She disrespected her husband.

She allowed her siblings to disrespect her husband.

She allowed another man to strike her husband several times, while preventing her husband from striking the other man.

The same other man that she spent time in a motel room alone with.

And we only have the word of a lawyer as to what went on in that room.

Fully enough reason to put her to the curb

TO. THE. CURB.

If her first loyalty is not to her husband, then she is not a wife.

krosis666 probably has it right, this was staged by all of them to keep him from divorcing her, which would be expensive for the law firm.

Why else would Sean be at that party, if he had been fired/asked to quit after being caught trying to screw his best friend/bosses' wife?

(yeah the CURB in CAPS is a slap at anony.)

virtualatheistvirtualatheistover 9 years ago
Kate did the right thing...

She thought on her feet on two separate occasions for maximum damage limitation.

calflashcalflashabout 9 years ago
fight

unless he used excessive force, he was provoked by more than one punch.

kjohns2001kjohns2001almost 9 years ago
Rereading this

While I can agree that stopping her husband from killing the idiot was necessary, i also have to agree that the wife needs someone to give her a firm lecture on her shortcomings when it comes to respecting her husband. As others have pointed out she didn't stand up for her husband, to him yes, for him no. I know, it's just a story, but still, within the setting of the story the wife comes across as self centered and less than appreciative of her husband's effort to protect her from a known sexual predator. Still a good story, just wish that the wife didn't come off looking quite so bad in it.

sugnasugnaalmost 9 years ago
Tw0Cr0ws got it

They have kids, so I am not for divorce at this point. She certainly did not show her husband the same respect she showed her brother as she believed him over Jason in regards to Sean's comments. Did she cheat? There is no proof of that. There is plenty of proof that she did not respect her husband enough to believe him or let him in on what had happened with Sean at work and that her husband's account of the events at the poker game had been confirmed. No, she was deceptive, arrogant and disrespectful. Those traits do not seemed to have been an anomaly either. She is a lawyer after all!

Of course, when you find yourself in a difficult situation one of the most important questions you should ask yourself is, "what role did I play in putting myself in this mess?" Sadly, many people are so desperate to find a loving spouse that they overlook common sense and allow themselves to enter into partnerships with selfish, conniving people who use this desire for love to manipulate the poor fool.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Kind of one-way respect.

The wife complains that the husband does not trust her. But when the husband tells her what Shawn said, she does not trust her husbands word!

And Ann did betray her husband. She just got caught before she had a chance to fuck Sean, but she had already made the decision to fuck him. That's betrayal and cheating. The dumb shit deserves her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
meh

bunch of assholes, every one of them.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 8 years agoAuthor
This "meh" crap

Drives me nuts. Where did meh come from?

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 8 years ago
meh

meh is an expression of bored disdain, first seen/heard on "The Simpson's", the comic book store guy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
as has been said

To many plot holes and the wife showed so little respect for her husband.

BUT, lawers are assholes so in that respect it is believable.

Anyway, would love to see plenty of new stories from HDK.

stev2244stev2244over 8 years ago
Great

I really enjoyed it. Well deserved 5 stars.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Kate

I agree with KarenE, why did Kate deny Jason's accusations about Sean when she KNEW they were true?

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Second time through...

Enjoyed it. I'm guessing his wife not believing him about Sean was merely her pulling his chain and not disrespect. HDK did add the note that she was always playing around like that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Several concerns

First is the lack of respect his wife shows him. It's truly disheartening when you tell her the truth and she accuses you of making it up. Second is the lawyers in the story. They have ethics violations on the guy and they are just going to let him leave. They would get disbarred for doing this. Third is that Sean has assaulted Jason and they plan on just letting him walk. Nice relatives. And lastly, ol' Sean will just move his traveling circus to another firm and do the same thing again. Must be their thought is just to pass him and his problems along to someone else. Pretty crappy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Several closet cuck concerns you mean

FTFY

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarabout 8 years ago
Interesting little story

Well told but plot holes big enough to drive a tank through. So wifey tells hubby he misunderstood, clearly taking Sean's version until the climax when she said she knew Sean's game all long? Meeting Sean at a motel to confront but doesn't tell hubby. Hubby i s assaulted and Sean walks away. Ethics violations out the ass but Sean walks away. Weak.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Kate Took Sean's Word Over Jason's

The day my wife takes the word of an old boyfriend over mine is the day I throw my wife out of the house. Kate was a terrible excuse for a wife. But I always did think less of a lawyer than I did a prostitute, slut, or whore. Still worthy of 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Junk

If what the story told was true, the weasel go off with nothing. He needed to be taken out of circulation for his mouth if nothing else. That was easy to do, but you let it get away. Not your usual well written story.

swedishreader1swedishreader1almost 8 years ago
as has been said before

The Kate character was a total Bitch and lousy wife.

As for the so called husband, he was a total pussy and wimp, any man would have told the brother in law to fuck off years before let alone play poker with him.

The whole cast of characters were lowlife scum.

But as with all this authors stories it was well written.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
1*

wimpy yarn. extremely stupid and unlikeable characters. lame ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Crummy ending

Yea, bad ending. Jason should have beat the living crap out of Sean. Sean gets off scott free. You'll never get any 5s writing like that.

TornadoTysTornadoTysalmost 8 years ago
Kate v Sean

As most people have commented about Kate taking Sean's word over husband is a difficult to understand. I see it the author just out that situation in to create the scene for Kate going to the hotel.

Otherwise would that actually happened in the real world !

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 8 years ago
Kate a bit stupid?

Her intentions were good but her methods left a few things desired.

Transparency with her husband would have been better.

DrSemblanceDrSemblanceover 7 years ago

well done HDK easy 4

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great 5-Star Worthy Story

The story was well written and moved along smoothly. But Tim could have put an end to the whole mess the night of the card game. He should have put Sean in his place...on a flight out of town, seeking employment elsewhere. But he went even further by backing up Sean and making Jason out to be a liar to Kate. He is every bit as guilty of interfering in Kate and Jason's marriage as Sean was. He deserved to have Ann become the sexual target of Sean...for failing to stand up to him. I wonder what he would have done if Sean had said he would fuck Ann too? Still a great story.

onbothsidesonbothsidesover 7 years ago
Or...

Sean went after Kate and Pat like their husbands had told them that that what Sean was going to do. Kate and Pat could have taken some time to tell their husbands that they no longer thought their spouses were liars . They could have apologized for believing (the known assholes) Tim and Sean rather than Jason and Don.

Kate was concerned about Jason getting in trouble for hurting Sean and could have prevented it happening by admitting that she had been wrong. Instead, she worked it so that Jason took three punches from Jason without hitting back. Thanks, Kate.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Very Good Story

I liked it a lot. Kind of made me want to go out and find some punk-ass little weasel

named Sean and beat the living shit out of him. 5 Stars, no doubt.

avidfaavidfaover 7 years ago
Her apology?

Where is her apology for not trusting her husband? For not believing him? For calling him, in effect, a liar? For choosing to believe Tim and Sean over him when he told her about the initial incident?

She didn't cheat to the extent of fucking someone, but she failed as a loving spouse in not taking his side originally and in lying by omission in meeting with Sean in a motel room. Negotiate in a motel room, bullshit! She has a helluva lot to apologize and atone for.

I hate these kind of stories that villainize masculinity and falsely praise feminine vanity.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
forsaking all others

Most, if not all, narrowly construe the 'forsaking all others' marital vow to mean sexual fidelity.

Also inherent in that promise is that no other person takes precedence over a spouse.

Your spouse comes before your 'blood' something Kate forgot

Too often marital discord arises when a wife's family is in conflict with husband and she sides with family

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
but they didn't think...

Unfortunately nobody considered the husband's POV or consider his position when they were making their plans, so essentially they did take him for granted and the y DID look down on him. They didn't include him in the plans as he is too simpleminded to be allowed to deal with the chess games the real adults play.

Now see it from another perspective. They did shit on him, and Kate should be ashamed of herself as her brother was.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Kate didn't believe her husband

She took the word of her brother over her husband. That is lack of trust and disrespect. No wonder Jason started thinking the worst of her.

Where is her apology to him? So much for the vow of forsaking all others. It's just not referencing sex, but includes making your spouse the priority over others. Clearly Jason follows it, but not Kate.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Hey, Let's Go To The Circus

Kate's response to the aftermath of the card game incident is both contrived, poorly written and also insulting to her husband. No sharp lawyer would come off sounding like Ellie Mae when her husband expressed concern. It is frustrating that much of the verbiage had this effect.

The mood of this piece is a style decision of the writer to give things that circus-y feel. Sean the asshole's taunts were so clownish and over-the-top as to ruin things. Maybe one should just accept this for what it is.

Hardday has lots of talent, but this overblown cartoony stuff is not my cup of tea.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Good Stuff!

Really liked this one. Short and sweet.with justice served,and an ending that made me smile. ~ 5 ~

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
LET THE HANDS FLY!

I don't give a shit what Kate had to say, once that guy hit me first it was all on. He had opened himself up to have hell rained down on him as "self defense". And yeah, the setup for the confrontation was piss poor. Kate's minimizing of Jason's version of the card game was ludicrous. Her brother protecting and siding with the guy who said he'd fuck his sisters into submission was also not acceptable or even remotely possible.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Leave The Dumb Bitch

Damn is she dumb or what? I'd of quit my job, taken half the savings, etc..., and packed my things and left for parts unknown. Leaving absolutely no traces of my whereabouts.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
1*

more wimpiness from hdk. the cunt is a disrespectful liar and she should shut the fuck up and stay out of men's business. moron husband should have trashed that asshole.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Not a very impressive tale ....

I' m sure HDK was not in form when he wrote this story. A brother just don't allow anyone, especially his best friend to insult his brothers-in-law with threats of fucking their wives who are also his sisters! What was the author thinking.

JackmoftenJackmoftenover 6 years ago

He should of beat the shit out of Sean a lot earlier..then he might not of had a problem with him.

fisheronefisheroneover 6 years ago
Almost disaster

Kate should have came to Jason when she shot Sean down and communicated with him. Instead she made Jason feel inferior and it almost tore family apart. Rose was the smartest of the whole family. Also after the seduction blow up Sean should have been told not to show up at party.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Sucked

Tkm needed to be smacked around for lying to his sister to make Jason look bad.

Kate's a cunt for acusing her husband of ov3r reacting and lying abou5 what Sean said. HOLD her head under till the bubbles stop in the jacuzzi.

Fuck em all. Except for Jason, Don and Rose a bunch of pompous fuck3d up assholes.

Story really made Jason the heavy when he was the hero

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Can

I marry a Rose?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I agree with what was said earlier.

He already got hit. Self defense all the way. Beat the living shit out of that asshole

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Another Hardsdayknight classic!

Satisfaction guaranteed. Just read it. *****

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 6 years ago
Still No Good Explanation

There's still no explanation for why, since Sean was already hitting on Pat and Kate, that Kate was so dismissive of Jason's concerns about Sean.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
A few dots were too badly out of line.

For instance his wife was treating him as a simpleton who was reacting overly jealously .

It was still enjoyable on second read though.

Tootight1Tootight1about 6 years ago
good story

It's been awhile since I read this and it's still good. There is still only one thing that I believe I have related to before. "I'm sure Sean didn't use those exact words. He told me all about how hostile you were to him. He thinks that you're still jealous because I dated him long before I met you." Now, who's word is she believing? Calls him a liar, and justifies her actions later, by talking her sister out of doing it, never apologizes to her husband for not believing him.

She needs taken down a couple steps, or he must realize she doesn't love him. He is just one that would put up with her family.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreealmost 6 years ago
Nice.

A clever way to create suspence in a story.

But the pokergame did more than create suspence.

It created questions.

Like why did Jason play poker with a dumbass like Tim?

I play poker with friends, not people I don't like, lol.

Anyway, a nice story and entertaining read.

4 out of 5 from me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Hypocrite

Well, well. Tim goes easy on his buddy Sean, excusing his affairs with married women as being a blowhard. Until best buddy goes after Tim's woman, now he's suddenly scum. And Sean did not even nail Ann, like he did the others he bragged about. Wonder why brother Tim did not show Sean the same consideration for chasing Tim' s wife that he showed Sean for actually screwing those other wives?

Paul in Oklahoma

Mauser45Mauser45over 5 years ago
.....

Well, that was a fucking disappointment

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Piss Poor Story

I agree with Mauser45

Johnny1MJohnny1Mover 5 years ago
Would you really think

you had to apologise for thinking your wife was unfaithful if you saw her coming out of a motel room after a known pussy hound?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Kate needs to divorce him

A man that has no trust in his wife is probably cheating on her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good Story

Ignore the negative comments. This was a great story about a couple in love!!!

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
I liked it!

Good to read a story about a truly loving wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great story...

...great author. 5 stars. Thanx!

Loklie

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
wait a minute here

So on page one Kate can't / won't believe that Sean or Tim could behave like Jason was telling her, then here we are on page two and Kate is talking about Sean's tirade and seduction etc etc etc. So either Kate knew about Sean on page one and was mollifying and manipulating Jason on page one (nice way for a loving wife to show respect for her husband) or she found out about Sean later and didn't bother to say "Jason I found out about Sean and I'm sorry I doubted you when you told me" . More 'loving' disrespect. Huge plot hole ruined the story for me.

Wildone101Wildone101about 5 years ago
Finally!!!

A story where the husband isn't a total cum sucking waste of space and the wife isn't the biggest whore outside of Washington. Kudos, well done even if there were some minor plot holes.

DiscoveringUtopiaDiscoveringUtopiaabout 5 years ago

Rule #1: Wives NEVER tell husbands everything.

Rule#2: Lawyer's LIE.

Moral: NEVER combine the two.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 5 years ago
Down-Grading This

I still don't understand. Sean had already tried to seduce Kate and Ann, yet when Jason told her about the card game she acted there was no way that could have happened.

Just what did Tim REALLY tell her about the card game? Did Kate lie about that? If not, why did Tim lie, after Sean said he was going to fuck BOTH of Tim's married sisters?

I know I said it in an older comment, but why didn't Jason get Don to tell Kate what happened?

Two many plot holes big enough to drive a truck through just to set up the final confrontation.

Frankly, since Kate knew that Sean DID try to seduce both her and Pat, probably knew the truth about the poker game, and knew what he nearly did to Ann, why didn't she let Jason pound Sean, especially when Sean hit him first? You can bet everyone there would have backed him up!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Also downgrading

I’ve been rereading your stories since I’m bored at work. I loved this one originally but this one does not pass the reread test like most of yours do for the reasons sbrooks listed (and plenty of people before him).

P.s. sorry if this double posted. Posting from mobile can be a pain.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
A question for Wildone101 re: comment left on 02/13/19

Did you say "Some MINOR holes in the plot." ??? WTF story did you MEAN to leave that remark with?

Read through the comments on this story and see how many GAPING holes were pointed out by readers who are clearly more qualified to recognize whether a hole is minor or not than you are.

two stars for this well written organic fertilizer. (a waste of talent)

KayaknhKayaknhalmost 5 years ago
Kate believes her brother and the slimeball....

Over her husband!!!!

And he apologizes. No way. And then she prevents him from hitting the slimeball. And he apologizes.

Fuck the OMalleys.

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Good story

I liked the story, but they should have turned Jason loose on Sean. I can understand Kate thinking she could handle her own business, but sometimes you need a man's gentle hand.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
OK

At the poker game, why did Tim the Irishman allow Sean the asshole to disrespect his married sisters, when he said he was going to fuck them, called them 'cunts' and repeated he was going to fuck them and took no action against him? Then he throws his brothers-in-law out of his house, instead of the big mouthed bastard Sean! Suddenly at the party he loses his cool when the asswipe refers to Kate as a bitch? Was it because the bastard got his own (Tim's) wife to meet him in a motel? Does not seem logical and no explanation is forthcoming! Jason could have been allowed to bitch slap the bastard till he cried! Not the best. 3*s.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
So let me see if I have this right

His wife calls him a jealous asshole too stupid to understand what her brother and ex boyfriend were talking about

She then spends nearly a half hour alone with him in a hotel room to have a 35 second conversation which he emerges from not that upset even after being "told" he is getting fired

Even after insulting both his sister and making a play for his own wife Tim still has the guy come to a family dinner

Then when Sean literally assaults Jason with sucker punches - his wife's reaction is to prevent him from defending himself against further attack as he might harm her ex boyfriend?

That is not love, that is a cheating slut protecting her lover

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years ago
Don't Let Me Down?

Don't Let Anonymous Get You Down.

Anonymous only occasionally understands the stories. Good one. I'd like being a part of that family.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
@ Anon 12/18/18

What you wrote has to be in the top 5 dumbest things I have ever read. I can't even comprehend what your though process was when you wrote that malarkey.

Tootight1Tootight1about 4 years ago
Good story?

I've read this a number of times, and I still come up to the same point. She doesn't care that her family abuse her boyfriends, calls her husband a liar, and he has to put up with that attitude his whole life? I don't think so. She obviously thinks her shit doesn't stink. No man needs a woman like her.

johsunjohsunabout 4 years ago

I liked it, and the previous comment about the wife not caring about how her family abused her husband as he courted her and after was wrong. She did care, she warned him and it was implied that she didn't approve at that point.

She ignored his anger after the card game because she'd already, as she explained, been on the receiving end of Sean's 'courtship' as had Pat and they had a plan worked out. She thought she had it handled and didn't want husband to get in trouble by beating up Sean.

Good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Nice

But there stills need a reckoning with Ann here.

fritz51fritz51about 4 years ago
Excellent.

A true loving wife, that didn't have to cheat on her husband in order to find her priorities. This work is, so far, my favorite from this author.

I'm assuming that in the final paragraphs Sean = Clark. I've changed a character's name also & missed getting all of the corrections made. No matter, I still rate it a five.

Now I'm going to call up the next story on this author's list.

BigJim48BigJim48about 4 years ago
Let me down!

Harddaysknight let me down! The asshole was the perpetrator! He made the 1st swing! He committed A&B. The place was crawling with lawyers for Christ sake! Sean should have left for California with an arrest record and some jail time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Eh, a disappointment. You definitely let us down with this one.

Ocker53Ocker53almost 4 years ago
I Enjoyed It

I enjoyed this story from start to finish, what more can I say⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
4 Stars

I Would have Dealt with Him as We Played Cards .. Or I would have moved Kate and beat that Asshole to Death at the Party .. Yes I have been to More than a couple Irish Parties .. They respect strength and a Man standing up for his wife

DFWBeastDFWBeastover 3 years ago

Always one of my favs of yours! Have been to more than few Irish family get togethers! A family escorted Sean would've had an "accident" out in the drive way that would've been worse than the beat down Tim gave him! At least with some of the families I've known. LOL.

Anyway, thanks for the entertaining read.

Killian

ErotFanErotFanover 3 years ago
One of my favorite favorites.

HDK you stated in one of your comments that you couldn't put this story down. The set up was good and from the motel scene to the coda was good.

I felt that you could have stretched the middle out some with maybe Don commit to Jason about worries over Pat. Some additional incidences of behaviors by Sean would have increased the tension re Kate.

I know, while not the soul of brevity HDK, you favor an economy of words. But, I see some longer stories coming down the list. I look forward to them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Story always makes me chuckle. My mother would never make that suggestion and neither would my mother in law. Now, my memere however.... definitely. 90 years old. Love that woman.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Whattt??

The shithead gets away with a few bumps and bruises? To continue on his merry way at his next job? Very unsatisfactory! 3*s.!

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago
Still a favorite of mine.

It's amazing how some readers can see betrayal everywhere. She's a good wife and friend and some of the people reading these stories need to grow up a little.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
The Irish

The Irish do have a way of simplifying things. Another great story.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

"Pat and I both got the seduction dance from Sean - That was either before the card game, and she shouldn't have blown off Jason's concerns about what Sean said at the card game, or it was after, and she should have seen that his concerns about Sean were correct, and taken immediate action.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
Starsong

Yeah. Same here. Let’s hear it for bold sassy grandmothers. 👏

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 3 years ago

Beautiful, heart warming story. Thanks for the ride! 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great

Another arrogant womanizer down.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Sorry, but Kate behaved like an arrogant, condescending bitch

I am surprised to be in full agreement with HarryinVA's comments from 12/03/2006. Other than have good sex with him, Kate did not behave like her husband's warm and caring spouse at any point in the story. Her reaction to Jason's concern and anger about Shawn's conduct at the poker game was particularly dismissive and disrespectful. She may criticize and bemoan the way her father and brother treated Jason early in their relationship, but she seems frequently prone to take the same haughty attitude toward the bumbling bricklayer she lowered herself to marry.

kirei8kirei8about 3 years ago
Did not like Kate at all

You wrote her to be disresptful and pompous toward her husband. She never informed him of anything. Maybe Sean should have raped her entitled ass, then let her explain that to her simpleton husband.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Kate is unworthy of Jason. Simple as that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
One of the best

I'm glad to see there are writer's that can put out good stories. I never cared for stories that put the husband down that is unless he cheats. Wanting a wife or girlfriend to cuckold him is the stupidest thing I ever heard of.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

So she lets her husband get hit several times but doesn't allow the husband to hit back or defend himself? Then the husband gets hit again and yet she doesn't do anything? Poor story and poor writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

The writing is , as usual, excellent and I know that, given the brevity of these stories, "normal" behavior must be stretched for the sake of the storyline, but inviting Sean to the party just after he tried to fuck the host's wife and had agreed to resign and leave town because of it? I don't think so...even without that he doesn't belong there. A dramatic confrontation was needed for the climax, but having Rose and the whole famdamly chase him into a crack house would have been more believable. Just sayin'...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Like others have mentioned, Kate doesn't seem to respect her husband, Jason. She had been married to him for several years at the time the story takes place but she either has no inkling that her husband is a straight and honest guy or choses to ignore the knowledge of his character on purpose. But, more than that, the plot doesn't convince at this point. Jason is not portrayed as being particularly dumb, so when his wife doubts his recollection of Sean's utterances during the card came, why doesn't he ask her to listen to Don's version? I'm sure Don would have confirmed hubby's report.

Lastly Kate, in the end, talks about Sean as if she never doubted what Jason had told her, which means putting him down at the time they talked about the card game was just a way to demean him. In my book that's an even more hurtful attitude than not believing him.

I've literally beaten on people just a couple of times. Almost all of that happened during a few boxing lessons as a part of school sports and while wearing heavily padded boxing gloves. But following this story I really don't see why Kate protected the bad guy. Jason had a right to defend himself against a physical attack, whether he believed in his wifes fidelity or not. So while she prevented him from disabling the attacker, she enabled the latter to deal another blow that could have severely damaged Jason's eye. Losing sight of one eye would have made it very difficult to carry on working as a mason/bricklayer. Call me a simpleton, but all of that confirms to me the wife's disrespectful and contemptuous attitude toward her husband.

Don't get me wrong, I like HDK's work and am grateful for having the opportunity to read it for free. Even this story isn't really annoying, if alone for the fact of being short.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Yep, Kate still thinks she's better than Jason and disrespected him in the show down with Sean. She didn't believe him when he informed her of Sean's boasting and insults at the card game. Then she lefts Sean take all the free shots at Jason while keeping Jason from defending him self while demonstrating her control over him. Kate doesn't respect him and doesn't treat him like an equal more like a pet she has to keep on a leash to control so no wonder Jason would doubt her actions. Not much of an Irish lass either. A real Irish lass would of slapped the shit of out Sean then turned Jason loose on him. A real Irish family would have dumped Sean's body in a dumpster in a bad neighborhood. Then when the cops showed up they'd all swore that Sean was drunk and left on his own accord. Just a bunch of poser wannabe Irish. A swing and a miss on this story.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesalmost 3 years ago

I've read this before and probably offered this comment on it, too. But, man, how in the hell do you let a scumbag like Sean get away without suffering any consequences?? Jason should have been given just one shot...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHarddaysknight@Harddaysknight
I enjoy comments and seldom delete them. Writing is a pleasure for me. Reading comments, even negative comments, is a perverse pleasure. I thank Lit for providing a free forum to showcase my vast talent. Writing is recreation and fun for me. I am simply making shit up as I g...