All Comments on 'Don't Let Me Down'

by Harddaysknight

Sort by:
  • 251 Comments (Page 3)
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A loving wife who did not want her greatest love to do something he would regret. Who didn't cheat, didn't slut around, a typical grand Irish lass. A woman a man would be proud to call his wife. And many here serm not to see her value in protecting Jason - not from a black eye but from a potential manslaughter charge if she had not intervened.

reggmoreggmoalmost 3 years ago

Why did Kate wait for Sean in a motel room?? She got her cake and ate it and got rid of the evidence after letting Sean knock the shit out of him; then fed him sloppy seconds. Two stars is generous.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I cannot believe that Tim let a guy say He was going to screw his Sisters .. Maybe Tim has no respect for his sisters . At My Poker games that Shit would not Fly .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Kate is no prize as a wife.

iameaseliameaselalmost 3 years ago

I thought it was a decent story. yeah Tim letting it all slide was a bit much.

Sadly many of the comments here prove what a bunch of sad little misogynists come here to let out their fear of women.

usaretusaretover 2 years ago

Brought back some old memories of my extended Irish American family in the Bronx, NYC

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You make the Irish look really stupid! They still made Jason a cuck, if only in appearance!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sean got off too easy

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Under what circumstances is it acceptable for a married woman to be alone in a motel room with another man? I must live in a different world than these people.

Rancher46Rancher46over 2 years ago

Well I really enjoyed the story and it was refreshing to see that Kate was a faithful loving wife that in the end showed all how faithful of a loving wife she was. It is refreshing to see stories like this. Well done 5++stars

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Love the story, but Sean should have left on a stretcher.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartover 2 years ago

4. I liked the happy ending but Sean got off way too easy and Kate and her family nearly got her marriage wrecked by not being honest. If they had communicated even slightly they could have avoided the husband getting the wrong impression seeing his wife going to a motel with a guy who said he'd sleep with her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Kate sure seems to treat Jason poorly. The disrespect she showed him about what Sean said and not letting him defend himself at the party should be a cause for concern to Jason.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Another gem...loved it.

5+++stars!

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 2 years ago

Just looking at this again, and now I'm confused on the timing. If Pat and Kate had the "seduction dance" BEFORE the card game, as it appears, then why was she so dismissive of Jason's concerns.

~~

Tim's actions confuse me. He heard exactly what Sean said, friend or not, how could he not tell his sister the truth?

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 2 years ago

How many punches is a man supposed to take before defending himself? My wife and I would have some serious discussions about getting in the way. Well told, as expected. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

"Kate" didn't prevent Jason from defending himself, the author did, and it's an extraordinarily unrealistic bit of writing. Unless someone like Jason is a complete yutz, a return punch would have followed Sean's first before anyone could say anything. Moreover, someone restraining a guy would was sucker punched is no friend. The business about Sean being killed by Jason is rubbish. In a situation like that no one is doing anything for a minute or so other than reacting in shock. If Jason gave Sean a beat down, it would have been self defense. Second, the firm covering up ethical violations could result in disbarment. Third, any lawyer who did what Sean did at the poker game would be gone instantly. Not only is he vulgar and a threat to the collegiality of the firm, he's plainly a loose cannon and a huge liability risk.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

Sbrooks has a point or two.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story, but Sean deserved a real best down.

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterover 2 years ago

Not a hell of a lot here made much sense. the prick is punching her husband and the wife steps in to stop him form defending himself? No. Her brother was an asshole and a coward for not firing the SOB at the poker game and then minimizing things to his own sister. Yeah, lawyers get a bad rap for being unscrupulous pricks, but your own family?

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyover 2 years ago

Ya gotta love a loving’ family! Very nice story…very, very nice! Thank-you

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story and a lesson in life about getting the complete story, asking questions, before jumping to inaccurate conclusions.

Les

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I did 90 days in jail for beating an ass hole for popping off about my wife. It was worth it. Good story and quite creative, a few typos but nothing to bitch about.

iammweaseliammweaselalmost 2 years ago

sbrooks nailed the issues exactly.

I did enjoy the story, but those points are stumbling blocks.

DrgwngDrgwngalmost 2 years ago

Again with all the blame on the husband. Why does he need to trust her? Did she believe his version of the card game conversation? She basically told him he was lying. Then , at the high, or maybe low point of the story, she

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sorry. Just stupid.

No attorney is going to challenge a bricklayer to his face. Whether he has a big dick or not.

Nobody challenges 2 men to their face at a poker game that he's gonna fuck their wives.

No way it happens like that. And these women he's talking about fucking and ruining their lives and marriages are Tim's sisters. Friend or not why the fuck would Tim side with this asshole? No way.

I found this whole story stupid.

AND. After finding the asshole was trying to fuck her sister I law...and confronting him in the hotel.

She'd have zero caring for him. He wouldn't have been welcome at the family party celebrating the anniversary.

He got caught trying to screw Tim's wife. Was forced to resign in disgrace. Was trying to fuck the 2 sisters. No way he shows up at the party and no way they all let him into the party. That's a big problem with this story line.

Next...once he hits the MC...anything rhe MC does after that is self defense. Why the fuck would his wife insert herself into that?

Wouldn't most women...since she already had a confrontation with Sean earlier and basically hates him...simply say "he hit my huge working class husband in the chin. It's his funeral now." And let their husband beat his ass?

Instead she steps in and let's her husband get hit again in a cheap shot that could cause him to lose his eyesight? Any punch hard enough to swell the eye shut in 5 minutes is a dangerous punch to the eye.

Sorry. I just thought this story was stupid and illogical.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2over 1 year ago

Kate's initial disrepect of Jason after the poker game didn't fit and she ultimately owed him a major apology. But then again, it was needed in order to make the story flow.

reggmoreggmoover 1 year ago

Are you going to try and make me believe that Kate went toe to toe with Sean in a motel room without getting raped or the shit beat out of her??? come onnnn!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The real POS in this story is Tim. I mean WTF I have a half sister that I'm not even that close to because she's always lived out of state from me but if a friend of mine said that about her I'd fuck his shit up and send him packing. Then he's surprised he tried to fuck his wife and I guess that's not ok even through apparently it was ok the guy fuck his married sisters? Like I said a real POS!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story. But co fused on one point. We learn later near thr end that both Kate and Pat had discussed Sean's tirade at the poker night. Makes sense. Sean talked to them. Pat talked to Don. They compared notes. But they why in thr heck does Kate soft sell Sean's rant to her husband, the MC? Maybe she talked to Pat afterwards? Got confirmation? Look neither sister was going to cheat regardless of Sean's machismo bs. But for a while there Kate said that Jason was blowing things out of proportion and must have overreacted or misunderstood. Jason did a bad job of not being more assertive in that conversation. Ok maybe she talks to Pat afterwards and gets confirmation from her via Don. They are forwarned and had zero interest anyways. She made it clear they could barely hold.their contempt for the prick. But then why doesn't she say anything to her husband afterwards? Like "sorry honey, you were right, the guy is a snake." There was time. Of course the obvious and most likely answer is that would have defused the dramatic tension. So instead Kate goes outside her normal behavior pattern to leave the husband in suspense, for the twist ending that Ann, Tim's wife was the one in trouble. Kate did nothing wrong on that day of the party and before at the hotel. She fired Sean. Can't believe he woukd fuck with the family like that. And her not immediately backing her husband when she first brought up Sean's assertions of innocence while not healthy yo a marriage, is not a cardinal sin. Sure she was shocked and thought her husband was drunk one misunderstood, because to believe her husband seemed a bit crazy. After all Sean was a professional lawyer, right? But where she fails is when she knew that Sean made a play on both her and her sister and never communicated that back to her husband or Pat to Don? Switching topics: Tim is a real asshole. The fact he did not fire Sean or at least tear him a new asshole during / after the poker night, is just beyond belief. And why woukd Sean go after her? Because he got rebuffed by Kate and Pat? So he set his sights on Ann, Tim's weaker wife? But what does he hope to gain? He doesn't hate Tim. Tim is his meal ticket. Even if Kate and Pat went to Tim to complain about advances that Sean made that they stonewalling, without recordings he woukd have given Sean a pass. So what does he gain? Only risk. Not much reward except for strange (vagina). Don't shit where you eat! And finally, Sean was in the room with Kate for 15 minutes. She left 5 minutes later. He didn't rape her. If he beats the shit out of her, he goes to jail for a long time. He is a lawyer. She took some risk, yeah, but she probably told Pat or someone else where she was going. And she fired his ass as she has higher rank as a senior partner in the firm. She had courage but did nothing wrong there. We don't anything about Ann except she is apparently easy prey and married to Tim the entitled, prick brother who thinks he will take over soon.

amyyumamyyumover 1 year ago

How did I miss this? Everything fell into place nicely; 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Ridiculously stupid... no one could believe that Sean and his wife could have had sex in 15 minutes... anyone with an ounce of sense would have done some investigating before they flew off half cocked and gotten into serious trouble... after all, Sean was a lawyer and would have had Jason thrown in jail for assault and battery and sued him for the same, especially if he had done nothing to deserve it... it was obvious to even a village idiot nothing of import happened in 15 minutes time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Nice story, good ending

Ocker53Ocker53about 1 year ago

I have read this a few times now and have enjoyed it immensely each time, must be the Irish in me⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Nope. Bullshit.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

This is likely your worst story. Were you drunk or something like that?

fredbrownfredbrown12 months ago

Maybe for some readers but not for me .......

mariverzmariverz12 months ago

Wait ... Espera, de verdad hay algunos enfermos mentales en los comentarios que le están haciendo a una personaje secundaria, en una historia de 6k palabras, un perfil sicológico?

Es broma? Es decir, quizás están traumados porque nadie los toma en cuenta, más que alguna que otra prostituta, pero ... Amigos, de verdad ... Quieranse un poco

Dios Santo.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago
I liked it!

A fun read, I really enjoyed it! DerMtMan

SeaChangerSeaChanger11 months ago

Entertaining but not realistic. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Excuse me, Kate didn’t belong anywhere near that motel room without her husband being notified in advance. The story was just to ludicrous to be believable

NallusNallus10 months ago

Have to agree with long-reply Anon from 6 months prior; starting with "Good story. But co fused on one point."

BUT gave it a 5 because well written dialog and emotions. Does need work with connectivity. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I'm imagining John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara as Jason and Kate

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Tim isn’t much of a lawyer if he let the guy come back in the doors after hearing him talk about his sisters like that. The law firm is doomed.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Should have beat the shit out of Sean.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

She was alone with another man, in a hotel room, no less! It’s not her responsibility to destroy her marriage to rescue another woman, even her sister, from following through with dumbass choices already made. There should have been 2 divorces, and a crippling!!!

ZK

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

For a lawyer, Kate sure does a lot of stupid shit. I certainly wouldn't trust her with my case even if it was a slam-dunk. Ann as the cheating slut (caught before she could do the deed mind you) felt thrown in kind of last minute. We never really got to hear anything about her, how she was seduced, how far it had went, and so on, but I guess it's safe to assume she had already done a fair bit if she got to the point where she was meeting him in a motel for sex for the first time. Also, the fact Kate was kind of dismissive of what her husband was telling her would have pissed just about any husband off to the point where he'd say something like, "fine, if that's the level of trust you have in me then I guess this marriage is over. I'm sleeping in the guest bedroom tonight. I'll call a lawyer in the morning. Good night."

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Agree wholeheartedly with the Anonymous poster from. 1 year ago with the lengthy post starting with "Good story. But confused on one point...". Excellent analysis but identifies a serious plot hole. Regardless 5 stars for the zany hijinks.

And no cheating occurred. We know nothing about Ann, though she is married to Tim thr loser that made excuses for Sean the asshole. Great that Pat and Kate were impervious to Sean's dumb seduction, but why afterwards did Kate not mention anything to her husband or agree with any of his negative assessments of Sean?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Once more, a good tale. Thank you 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymous3 days ago

I think the wife was thinking what the mother in law said, the MC would have killed Sean. That is why she intervened. Yeah, self defense would work if he hits him back. But not so much if he chokes him out or bashes his skull in.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHarddaysknight@Harddaysknight
I enjoy comments and seldom delete them. Writing is a pleasure for me. Reading comments, even negative comments, is a perverse pleasure. I thank Lit for providing a free forum to showcase my vast talent. Writing is recreation and fun for me. I am simply making shit up as I g...