All Comments on 'Dorm Room Redux'

by TkZm6368

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Sorry...

As a BtVS fan, I simply couldn't buy into this. I recognize the AU perspective, but the way you wrote the characters was so far from canon, using the characters from the show was barely recognizable. Willow is not a sex kitten - she's a slightly nerdy, albeit lovable lesbian. And to my recollection, Xander was not Willow's first. That would have been Oz. And Tara is neither "busty" nor "blonde". Did you ever WATCH the show? I will give you credit for the sex writing as pretty good, but you would have been better served keeping this OUT of the Buffyverse.

Dice_CasdenDice_Casdenalmost 12 years ago
In response to the person who couldn't type their name

This story was an Alternative Universe tale, and as is seen everyone AU stories are meant to take extreme liberties with the cannon of whatever they were inspired by, so complaining about a writer's take on how he elected to use the characters in question is a bit moronic.

The story was fairly good, a nice middle of the night read.

TkZm6368TkZm6368almost 12 years agoAuthor
Fair points

Thank you both for commenting! I'll admit that Anon's complaints about the characters' behaviors being outside of what could be considered "believable" for them are valid ones. In writing fanfic--smutty or otherwise--there's always a tension between staying as true to the characters as possible and telling whatever strange story that you have in your head. Here... yes, I'll admit, the story came before authenticity to the characters. (Hey, I never said I was a *good* writer!)

That being said, I don't think this kind of reinterpretation is without precedent. I'm particularly reminded of Oric13's "Thanks for Lending Me Your Body, B!" series, which took some VERY generous liberties with the characters in order to tell the pervy story that it set out to. I tried to do the same thing here: Exaggerating physical attributes and character traits to get some sexy fun times. If I stayed really true to the essence of Tara's character, she'd never even look at a guy twice, never mind actually considering Willow's hyper-pervy scheme. And so on...

Would it have been better just to slap on different names to the characters and not even try to link it with BtVS? Technically, yes, but this was my fantasy that I had kicking around in my head. I love the cast, both in character and out, so I felt irresistibly compelled to use them here. I completely understand though if you need to not think of them as Willow and Tara. That's the beauty of fantasy!

I'm glad that you both enjoyed the quality of the writing! <3

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous