All Comments on 'Double Helix Ch. 03'

by FelHarper

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
ResidentWeavilResidentWeavilover 10 years ago
More good stuff

I really like your writing. The characters are not shallow cardboard models of people. Your dialog flows naturally and sounds like people rather than an author.

My one complaint is we are nine pages in and have no idea where this is headed or what Norm's story is. I feel like I am wandering through this story blindfolded. And that starts to get tiring.

In anticipation of you getting to this soon, I am still giving out 5s but even a couple hints would be nice.

LiterKnightLiterKnightover 10 years ago
Agreed

It is a very good story, I would even say excellent, but the lack of backstory on the main character is slightly aggravating. It would be nice to know a little more about 'Norm' than just that he used to be a teacher and thought about med school; for instance, why is he in the safe house if he's a norm? It still is well written and the characters are excellent, better than some published books. Keep it up.

FelHarperFelHarperover 10 years agoAuthor

You will find out more in chapter 4, which is nearly finished. It will explain a lot of things.

drmrbludrmrbluover 10 years ago
Good and better...

Agree with the other readers and have kept an eye open for new chapters of this story. To say it is interesting is such an understatement, yet words fail me to give a better description. Perhaps he should just ask her to stay the night with him or start to share his space... I do not know the feelings or motives of these characters toward one another or how the uncertainty of the future molds their motives and reasons. I have enjoyed your writing a great deal and would love to read more as you have time and inclination to continue. Thanks so much for letting all of us share with you on this journey. I know sometimes stories just unravel and reveal themselves, even to the writer, until there are turning point choices to be made. The editing, grammar, spelling, correct word usage, tense, etc. are excellent, kudos to you and/or who ever is assisting in this area as well.

Thom_the_gleemanThom_the_gleemanover 10 years ago
still going strong

Nice new chapter. Can't wait for this story to continue.

Love,

Thom

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
In a long time

It has been a while since I have found a story this stimulating, please never stop wrighting.

- a huge fan

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFelHarper@FelHarper
12/12 Update: Double Helix 24 is moving along. It’s one of those chapters where I’ve had to rewrite several times for everything to make sense. Sometimes the plot flows like a river. This is one of those times where it hacks and slashes like a gory horror flick. I’ll get there...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES