Dragon Clans Bk. 01 Pt. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It feels hot to his touch, a strange contrast to the cool breeze that continually makes itself known by blowing strands of her hair into her beautiful eyes.

Her laugh resonated in his ears making him swoon, they were connected by the touch, looking in each others eyes, neither wanting or needing to look away. The intensity of the touch faded giving way to the heat, a warm glow that began to slowly spread up his arm, he was lost in her, flying and falling all at the same time.

The heat traveled up her arm like stepping into a warm bath, fluidly rising up to her elbow. Her breath coming in shallow gasps wondering at the sheer intensity of the feeling.

"Hello, you must be Michael, oh and hello Valerie," Gladys said as she walked up to the couple holding out her hand.

Michael was pulled from his reverie and released Valerie's hand, replacing it with Gladys's. "Oh, hello, sorry, you must be Mrs. Wilkins" Michael said, his mind slowly clearing from the intensity of the touch.

'Oh my but what a man this is,' Gladys thought as she shook his hand and shifted to greet Valerie.

"Hello Valerie, surprised to see you this morning," Gladys said as she noted the flush in Valerie's cheeks and the warmth in her hand.

"I invited Valerie to come along and she was gracious enough to come out on this cool morning to help me find a place." 'Damn it,' he thought, 'said that too fast; need to get myself under control.'

Gladys smiled at him, "no trouble we can use all the help we can get, I looked over your email and what you said you were looking for, I've got several places that I think will definitely fill the bill, lets be off then."

The morning passed quickly; of the seven flats they looked at it was of course the last that Michael fell in love with.

A converted warehouse, the building had none of the architectural elements Michael so admired in many of the other period buildings they had seen.

But the light, the amazing light is what captured him.

Three stories with a garage it was situated East/West with the front facing Nelson Street the back to the Oxford Canal. It was close to the city center and would allow Michael to walk or ride a bike to class.

He had almost not gone in but Valerie had been insistent.

The entire morning Michael's critical architects eye had found small, insignificant to Valerie, things about the different flats that crossed them off the list.

Seeing his reaction to the exterior of the last, she was determined to have him find a place and talked him into seeing this last one.

"Michael, let's at least take a look, this neighborhood is really quiet and close to the school, give it a chance," Valerie said as she elbowed Michael in the ribs.

All morning it had been the same; small touches here and there, a hand on her shoulder, her arm against his, as if they both unconsciously needed the physical contact with the other.

"Ok, but renovations are really difficult to pull off successfully, especially ones that go from commercial to residential, I'll bet...." Valerie cut him off as she pulled him towards the front door.

The renovation was a revelation from what Michael had seen so far.

Entering the flat, Michael was struck by the light.

A three-story atrium with glass 2 stories up bathed the foyer in an ethereal gray light.

Climbing the stairs he encountered a wonderful high ceiling open space with the living room, dining room, one of the baths and a spare bedroom.

The living room overlooked the canal; there would be amazing sunsets through these windows, tinted dark to keep out the sun but with huge sliding panels that would open the room up onto the large canal front balcony.

Up the small staircase off the kitchen was the master bedroom, a loft really, open to the living room and windows below with its own large bathroom.

This was one of the things that really sealed the deal, all of the other places had small bathrooms, and this one had a large open shower with multiple heads and a Japanese soaking tub big enough for two.

Michael walked over to the railing of the loft, as he did he saw Valerie silhouetted against the light coming through the windows, it was magical, if his heart had not already been stolen, surely this vision would have sealed the deal.

She could feel his eye on her, she turned slowly looking up at him. She caught her breath seeing the passion that seemed to reverberate through his body as he looked at her.

They gazed at each other for what seemed like hours, Gladys broke it up.

"So Michael, what do you think of this one, it's a little pricey but seems to have most everything you were looking for," Gladys said.

Not taking his eyes off Valerie he answered, "Ill take it Gladys, everything I could ever hope for is right here," his smile almost caused Valerie to swoon after the words left his lips.

It was almost noon by the time all the paperwork was finished.

A six-month lease with an option for 6 more and the possibility to buy ensured Michael had all the time he could need. After the signing Michael and Valerie bid Gladys good day and walked from the office into the street.

"Would you like to have some lunch Valerie?" Michael asked hesitantly, why did he feel like a schoolboy around a cheerleader with her.

"Nothing would please me more, but...," she hesitated as she looked at her watch. "I've promised to visit my uncle this weekend and if I don't head out now I'll never make it in time," she said.

The crestfallen look on Michael's face was pleasing to Valerie, it seemed he might be interested after all.

"I understand," he said, his voice betraying his sorrow.

'I'm 15 years older than her, what am I thinking, she's just being nice, get hold of your self,' he thought.

"It's no problem, thanks so much for all your help today, I would have missed that last one if it weren't for you," he moved in front of her, bending he caught her scent, Chanel he thought and then his lips were on hers.

His passion flared, their lips joining, becoming one, then realizing what he was doing he stepped backed. Stammering out his apology he waited for chastisement with down turned eyes and amber cheeks.

She was floating, amazed at the passion such a small kiss could hold, catching her breath she told him "Michael you have nothing to apologize for", she patted his hand and was rewarded with another of his brilliant smiles.

I should be back around 3 on Sunday, perhaps I could come over and help with the unpacking?" she asked hopefully.

"Yes, that would be wonderful Valerie," he hugged her close to him, catching her scent again feeling her heat.

"I'll be sleeping there tonight and be there all weekend, ill cook you dinner," he said hopping he wasn't being to forward.

She smiled and hugged him back, "that sounds wonderful," she said.

The dreamy look in her eyes gave Michael a great deal of satisfaction as she turned and hurried away, he watched her as she turned the corner, disappearing from his view like a mist rolling in from the sea.

Shaking his head he looked around, now to find a furniture store, need to find a bed for the evening and a table for dinner, he smiled and strode off down the lane, happy for the first time in months.

............

Ian was not happy.

Sitting in his office at the estate he just finished the sitrep's from Michael's meeting with Selene.

"Two attempts in three days," he said to himself.

Picking up the phone he dialed Nigel's number.

"Increase the teams around Michael, if a mosquito lands on his arm I want to know how much blood he lost, do I make myself clear?" Ian asked hanging up the phone without waiting for a response.

'I hope we can keep him safe long enough for the change to take place,' Ian thought as he walked over to the window, looking out over the darkened maze he could have sworn he heard a deep roar from out beyond the low hills.

12