Dreams Ch. 02

Story Info
Katy has a bad dream, and the high-priest is questioned.
2.5k words
3.83
10.2k
00

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 01/09/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
AmandaFFMek
AmandaFFMek
11 Followers

Instead I dreamed of a long dirt field. It seemed to go on for miles and miles. There I stood alone, the only similarity to my recent dreams of flowers and the adorable boy. In the air I smelled smoke and cinder. It made me gag, I nearly choked up my dinner. When I thought I was alone, I noticed that there were bodies, dead bodies, assimilating out of the thin air. I was crying again. Everywhere I looked there were dead bodies. Smoke and fog began to fill the area. Sadness filled and clogged my head. I fell to my knees and just wept.

Everything about the situation was gloomy. To my right there was a body of a man wearing silver armor with a dragon icon on it. My sobs slowed and my eyes cleared of the tears and I looked at the icon. My eyes covered the man. He was roughly shaven and a helmet with a half mask covered his face. I was beyond scared but I could not keep from looking at him. He is dead! What are you doing? Eventually my cries disappeared. They seemed to be urged by my looking at him. I removed his mask and saw open eyes. He's alive! The eyes were blue, deep blue, enticing, lovely and fetching. I wanted to look away but I could not. He blinked three times.

"Oh my god!" I yelped loud, louder than I expected and it broke the silence.

He grabbed at my collar with both his hands. His eyes astonishingly went from the blue I had become accustomed to, to a dark shade of red. It horrified me and I tried to crawl away from him but he had me tightly. I kicked and threw my arms wildly at him, I was trapped and I knew it. I screamed and yelled. I didn't know what to do.

"Lissssten to me girl....," he hissed at me, spitting on my face, "YOU! You will get the Rissadon Caeja and kill him!.....you.....you..." he let go of me as his eyes rolled into his head. I was beyond horrified at this moment. I fell onto my bottom as his body and the other dissapeared. The smoke and the fog was gone too. As did the field and the dirt. I was in my bed again and I was sweating.

The sun beat into my room and I was frightened. These dreams had to go. It had only been one day but I could feel the stress in my heart that they were putting on it. I laid back down. Normally I would try to sleep in, it being the weekend and I had no classes. But today I wasn't going to even dare. Maybe a hot shower would do me good.

"The girl is frightened Illadonar! You have to stop this!" I shouted on top of my lungs as I stormed into the large hall.

"Calm yourself, Acim, she is fine. She is suffering no less than the rest of the world right now," he was facing the alter and he raised his hands and lower them in a circle. The Ineada Rights. A chill went up my spine. A statue of Niall was in front of Illandonar, it was a good 4-5 feet taller than he was and he was a tall man at 6'6". It was intimidating to say the least for someone average height like me. Niall was no peaceful governing god either. He was a warrior that according to legend slew many men in the name of his own greedy obsession with finding the right woman to breed his children. Strangely though he never found her and was defeated using his own sword during a battle. Rissadon Caeja was the name of the sword. After this he became legend and the sword sits in the palace in an unbreakable glass case for three-thousand years. The box never gets dusty, and sword never rusts. It appears to be everlasting. The fact that when the poor abused and starved people of the planet found him dead with the sword through his heart and attempted to bust it, it never broke scared them to death, literally. All five of the people who tried died a merciful death. They were disinagrated instantly at the first hot poker put to it. After that, well its even more pitiful than when the tyrant was alive.

The dim-witted people began to worship the sword and Niall's soul in fear that they would put them through more tyranny, more hardships. But this did not make a difference. Men all over came forward saying they were his sons and claiming their right as king. There was no way to prove this than other with magic. The magic proved that four were nearly matches to his kin. They were all put in charge of running the government. They were no different than their predecessor. Everyone called them the Fordon of Vortouhi. Vortouhi is the name of our country and Fordon means to destroy in the ancient words spoken by the fabled elves. For years this has been this way, the Fordon of Vortuohi expanded their borders eventually conquering the entire planet. Nobody even remembers what it was like before Niall. Nobody knows the name of the planet before the Fordon took it over. They only knew evil and murders.

Illadonar meant to change these things. Although I could not find the point of harming a poor girl who had no idea why or what was happening. It was nearly tearing her soul apart at this point and I could not stand to see it happening anymore.

"What do you mean? She's in pain, mentally, physically, emotionally. Don't you see? Look at her!" I held the large clear flat stone in front of him. It showed her sleeping and writhing in pain and screaming, all at the same time. I was angry. I could not see how this was any better than how things were and how it would help.

"Acim, you will see, she is the one." he said, his eyes staring into mine, piercing mine.

"The one?"

"Yes, Acim. Look at her....,"he touched the stone in my hands and turned it to me. I tried to look beyond her pain and suffering. I succeeded. Her honey brown hair and her light skin. And then she woke up. Her eyes were the proof. One was blue and one was purple. When I saw her the day before in the stone, they were not so. I gasped.

"You see then." he simply stated, he was good for short simple comments that drive you mad.

"Yes, Illa-," he interrupted me, and said "shhh! We do not want unwanted ears to hear what we are saying, you have already said too much for too many too hear." we were the only ones in the room, but I knew what he meant. But I smiled all the same. Hope was there.

"Illadonar....I am happy, when are we going to see her though? Why not just go and get her? Why send her the crazy dreams? We are going to drive her mad."

"This is part of the test, remember how we did this to all whom met the criteria but did not have the Inindi? They all came so close, they all had the qualities, the traits the personality. But look," he pointed at the stone, "look, there she is." his voice became soft and serene, I knew he was even happier than I was. The story about Niall was told to me by him. For years I blindly worshiped. He revealed to me the truth, I knew I could trust him. Who was I to doubt the great Illadonar?

"Acim, its ok to doubt. Especially when another life is being hurt, I do not discourage you from caring about others, this is why I prize you most of anyone." he put his hand on my shoulder and smiled. I smiled back at him. My heart was at peace again.

With nothing more to say, I left him. He had much to do. I did not need to ask him what the next step was, I already knew. I closed the door behind me and walked to my rooms. I was tired and decided to rest a little before it was time to depart.

"Ahhhhhh!" she screamed on the top of her lungs. Her mother came running into the room and asked her in a flurried voice what was wrong. Katy turned around and showed her mother what was wrong. Her mom nearly passed out herself. One of her eyes were blue and the other was purple. This was a surprise. Her eyes were naturally brown.

"Oh my god! Please tell me those are contacts!" she couldn't help but scream at her daughter.

"Mom, they arent contacts, I just woke up in fact!" she was extremly stressed out. She sat on the edge of the bed and her mother followed her. The last day was enough for her to bare, and now this. "What am I going to do? What's wrong with me?" she started crying again. Only this time they were her own tears. It was amazing how one wrong day can make you feel inside and out.

Her mother took her into her arms to comfort her. She silently rocked her, hoping to make her feel better. It didn't but it still calmed her. All Katy could think about were her dreams. The last one disturbed her. "Mom, I have been having these strange dreams, they may not mean anything but they are really bother me and I had this really freaky one last night." she procceded to tell her mom about all her dreams, leaving out how adorable the boy was, but the last one she grimly told barely being able to repeat it.

"Katy, I don't know honey, maybe when you come home we'l-,"she stopped.

"What do you mean? Come home?"

"Oh, I didn't want to tell you but the king called you in for duty, you are supposed to leave in 2 weeks." In Vortouhi, all people, men and women alike are required to serve at least 3 years in the military after they turn 18. Katy's eyes welled up with tears. She knew it was coming, her birthday was almost seven months ago. But why now? Why? "Mom, my life sucks."

"No, it doesn't. You're beautiful, you have a talent that you can use when you come back, and the best part is," she paused, "you have a family that loves you more than anything. Even your silly sister." at the last sentence she smiled. This made Katy smile too.

"What about my eyes?" they nearly forgot.

"I can have someone look at them today."

"Thanks mom."

"There are a lot of things we need to discuss, I think it would be a good idea for you to take a shower and get dressed."

"I will, I wouldn't dream, well,.....I wouldn't think of sleeping in today."

Her mom hugged her once more and left the room, closing the door behind her. Katy sighed and not wanting or willing to get off the bed. There were so many things to think about now. The King was calling her for service. That was the price she paid, to have the privalege to live in this country. The privilege to receive any kind of education. Everyone did it. Her mother, her father, her sister will eventually. Everyone she knew from highschool was already gone. It was something about her life, she just had to deal with. She often thought of it in the same sense as using the toilet. It was foul and downright disgusting. Even though she heard all the reason why she was required, she didn't agree with it one bit. Why pay to live? You don't ask to be born, you just are.

She remembered her neighbors daughter. She was so very beautiful. She had a killer body, with blonde hair blue eyes. She was extremely stylish and also extremely snotty and three years older. Katy didn't like her one bit. At school, she had teased Katy and always found some way with her friends to humiliate her. But after she graduated, they sent for her. First there was a letter. She refused to go. She said she'd run away before joining the army. She also had 2 weeks to prepare, when she received the second letter, there was only a week left. She still refused. An unexpected emergency came up and the family had to go away. They were still gone when the day came for the king's officers to retrieve her. They waited outside their door for two days. They came home, hoping to find the officers were gone. The soldiers weren't pleased to say the least. The girl was drug into their truck. She was screaming and kicking, they repeated over and over that "resistance is futile". Sounded like something from a bad flick about a war. They had enough of the girl, when one of them took out his pistol. He grinned as if he was thinking that finally he could just kill the bitch. So he shot her. The officer who did it started laughing hysterically. It was horrifying. And since they still needed to bring somebody from the household, they took her mother. Its been three and half years since then. The mother was never heard from. Even though Katy hated the girl at school, she still felt sorry for the family, especially when the father committed suicide six months ago. He figured that since they took the mother, that she would return at the same time as the girl would have. She never did. He never got any word from her. It was sad. The whole neighborhood was depressed for a long time.

Katy didn't have any ideas to try to resist them, but she still didn't want to go.

There was a knock at the door. "Katy, can I come in? I want to see if your OK." it was her little sister. "Of course you can."

She opened the door and stepped in closing the door behind her. She yelped. Katy couldnt figure out what it was. But then she remembered. Her eyes. "I know. They are weird looking aren't they?"Katy smiled, despite her depressive voice.

"What happened?"

"I don't know I just woke up and found them like this."

Her sister reached up to her face. "Wow, they are beautiful though."

I looked down sad, I didn't really agree with her, it pretty much felt like an abomination to me.

"Why are you upset about it? Look at them! They're amazing. How special. I wish it would have happened to me."

"I don't know..." I paused. She was right. They were beautiful. I had to admit it, even it was just to myself. She hugged me lightly and pushed me towards the vanity mirror.

"Look, see..."

AmandaFFMek
AmandaFFMek
11 Followers