All Comments on 'Drumbeats Within His Soul'

by Tony155

Sort by:
  • 32 Comments
gpbvkbgpbvkbover 19 years ago
Great story!

Great story! Thanks and look forward to more!

justbilljustbillover 19 years ago
GREAT

All that needs to be said.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Another fine story.

I enjoyed this Tony155 story very much. Well done.

Another story soon, please.

J.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Thank You so much

Astounding and awesome are the only words to come to mind, Again, Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Fantastic

beautiful love story well written

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Stunning

Absolutely stunning! This is a truly beautiful love story. Thank you for letting me read it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
well written

outstanding story...

Bridget69Bridget69over 19 years ago
Made my heart pound like a drumbeat!

Loved every word and left me wanting more. Outstanding!

Softly WhispersSoftly Whispersover 19 years ago
Another wonderful story, Tony. Thank you

You drew me in to your world again. Wonderfully crafted, deep characters, great descriptions, wonderful narratives. I feel almost .. guilty for not having to pay to read your work. Thank you for this gift.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Best Story I have read in the last Years.

The Story is told with so much warmth, feelin and respectit is simply Great!

sacksackover 19 years ago
Is this story partially autobiographical?

I have to ask, since I was wondering if there was some Indian heritage in your own background. Or was the language just suggested, words derived from other Indian languages? IF this story was carefully researched, it sure shows. As usual, your situations are believable and the characters well drawn. I have a feeling that many will want to read this again and again....

Tony155Tony155over 19 years agoAuthor
From the author

To everyone who has read my story and to those special readers who have taken the time to write in this forum or email me, thank you so much. I really appreciate all of the wonderful remarks. The language used throughout the story is genuine Shawnee. Like the character, Dan, I am 1/8 Shawnee, but the story is not autobiographical. I am currently working on another Shawnee story and I hope to have it completed within the next few weeks. Thanks again.

Tony

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
A wonderful story.

This was a remarkable story. Warm, touching. A reader was made to feel that they knew a lot about the characters and wanted to know more.

Thankyou.

AE

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Sometimes I was about to cry

So sensitive and sensual... very exiting and warm. Thank you!

David48David48over 18 years ago
Sweet

Many beliefs preach about souls that wonder in the ether until attracted to each other like magnets. Not often enough I suppose. But then I see people that seem to have been meant to be together...We all know them...I just wish I had been one...Don't we all...

shaman43shaman43over 15 years ago
Me too

1/8 Choctaw and Coke and other soda pop not just alcohol is the bane of our people now.

MoogPlayerMoogPlayerabout 15 years ago
Beautiful

My mother was full blooded Chiricahua Apache, and if anyone understands how the main character felt, I do. And just so you know, Tony155; you and DGHear are the two writers who inspired me to start posting stories here. Thanks for your inspiration.

MP

oldwayneoldwayneover 14 years ago
One of the best stories I have found on this site.

Having spent many years in the ancestral home of the Shawnee, frequenting such places as the Scioto River Valley, the Great Miami, and Big Bone Lick in Kentahke, I have a great affection for the Shawnee. I kept wanting your story not to end. But, as with all good things, it did; and what a beautiful ending it was. I, too, have great respect for your ability to tell a tale. Thank you so much for all of your work.

Jaguar56Jaguar56about 11 years ago

Enjoyed it very much

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Loved it, keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

sweet

JohnSpiritWolfJohnSpiritWolfover 8 years ago
Osiyo Dohitsu Tony155,

I loved your story and like you, I am of Native Descent. My Grandfather & Grandmother were both full blood Wolf Clan Cherokee. My name in Cherokee is Adanvdo Waya, which means Spirit of the Wolf or Soul of the Wolf. I live in N.E. Oklahoma, I wish that you were from OK, I think that it would be something to really meet you. I think that would be something that we would both enjoy.

Bright Blessings to You & Yours my Friend...

jenellesljenelleslover 8 years ago
The Drum is the Heartbeat of the People

A marvelous romance. Love can transcend even time. Fantastic work of art. You also show us a bit of the reservation and modern life where appearances are more important than accomplishments.

Thank you for a real romance in any age.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Super

A great simple but well told story of love

Horseman68Horseman68over 6 years ago
Another Great Read from This Author.

Have yet to read any of the works of this talented author did not enjoy to the max. This another.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Truly Excellent!!

All I can say is WOW!!! Great love story. Exactly what I needed to read at this moment in my life. Kudos!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I love this story. My family is part native as well. I have also felt the drum beats in my bones to the marrow before and was glad to see that detail included in a story that I found. I am very glad that you wrote this piece and will look for others that you have written.

Rancher46Rancher46over 2 years ago

What a sweet love story that lasted for generations. I thought for sure he would go after his former employer for wrongful dismissal with the recording he had of the head of the school board. But at any rate it was a great storyline, 5/5

a_reader_from_germanya_reader_from_germanyalmost 2 years ago

I would change but one word. When Melanie starts to undress instead of "they are beautiful" Dan probably would have said "you are beautiful". A better fit with his personality and heritage, in my mind. Other than that I'm just puzzled how few people read Tony155's stories, commented on and favourited them. Wherever you are Tony, thanks for your contributions, they are appreciated.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Great story, second reading. Love it both times. Reading the rest of your stories. LM

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Wow fantastic but load were missed out of the story like what happened after what happened to his mother I gave u 5 stars anyway thanks

Coochielover71Coochielover714 months ago

Another exceptional submission.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous