E-Mails From the Rim: Oh, Brother!

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

E: But how would he know which ones were Lydia’s?

LA: Along with a space to identify the probation officer, the computer form has a space for the subject’s attorney or other contact. He could scan through and find the right ones

D: Other contact? Like who?

LA: Sometimes it is a doctor, or a psychologist, or a …or a….counselor….Hey! Sometimes, these halfway houses require drug testing as a condition of residence. You know, even if it isn’t through the probation department, those sober living require testing to make sure the guys living there aren’t drinking or using.

D: So, he’d know the names of his “clients”, the guys he was working with to place in the various houses and he’d want to make sure that his guys were clean. That would make it easy for them and it would be good for his credibility in that community. His guys would be staying “sober” and wouldn’t be getting kicked out of the house, let along maybe going back to jail. How good is that for him?

E: You know what? I’d be willing to bet that if you could pull all the original lab slips and match them to the records you processed and then found all the ones that changed you would find Dirk’s name connected with everyone of them. Lydia’s name might be on there too but Dirk was the guy who had the….how does it go?…the motive, means and opportunity.

D: No shit! That is exactly it! So Erika, quick before she comes back…how would one prove that Lydia wasn’t in on it?

E: Well, You could also run all of Lydia’s clients who tested there and I’d be willing to bet that a representative number of them flunked their tests. Dirk is a greedy bastard. He would want ALL of his “clients” to pass. Another thing, you could look back to before Lania ever met Dirk and look at those tests.

LA: That’s right! You wouldn’t find any bogus reports before that! But what about Dirk saying that I cooperated, that I did it for him because I “loved” him. That could look incriminating.

D: Lania, you said that the computer keeps records of the data input?

LA: Yes, that is the way I understand it. Anytime one of those documents is processed, even if there aren’t any changes, the person accessing it is recorded, it is “dated/timed”, and stored. It takes up a lot of computer storage space but…well, of course…it preserves the integrity of the documentation process!!! Duh!!!

D: Right, Lania! All you would have to prove then is that the documents were handled and changes were made when you weren’t available to do it—sick, on vacation, assigned to a different task. If Dirk is as greedy as I think he is, I would be willing to bet he accessed files that you didn’t work on in the first place and changed those too!

E: Lania, don’t worry. We are going to get that asshole!

D: Yep, Lania. He’s dogmeat!

LY: Hey, guys. You look cheerful. What did I miss? No, NO!! Don’t tell me. Don’t say a word. I don’t want to know.

GP: (Laughter) Yeah, Baby!! How about those Yankees? They’re the best…..

LY: (Laughing) Yeah, them Yankees….

There is essentially nothing hereafter that is revelatory about the essence of investigation.

I believe our informant acquired some insight into this case. In fact, I don’t think I could have outlined a more effective investigation plan.

It is my recommendation that we start immediately obtaining subpoenas and warrants to look into the records and practices of Consolidated Labs.

Please let me know if you will require further participation from the informant.

Respectfully submitted,

(E-Signature)

12