EJAX-472: Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
fmcchris
fmcchris
574 Followers

By this time most of the men had finished ejaculating, although a few were still bringing themselves to orgasm from within the judge's chambers. Their groans could be heard loud and clear, alerting the camera people to run in and record each man's ejaculation.

For those who had just cum, it had been an exhausting ordeal. They lay about in scattered heaps, their spent bodies basting in the aftermath of their lust, shaken to their very core by a force at once so alien, yet so pleasurable to them. Sperm was everywhere and was hard to avoid. Some of the reporters skidded on the slick floor, sometimes sending them careening into each other. Pretty soon, their attention with the now apathetic masturbators turned to me and my colleagues. I could no longer avoid them, and to try to run was pointless. The judge's chamber was a dead end and outside lurked a teeming mass of thousands of people, all intent upon seeing me pay for my 'reckless endangerment' of human life. I was trapped.

"Leave her alone," Stephan shouted at a reporter who had stuck his camera in my face.

He pushed the man back, threatening to punch anyone who dared to touch me.

Seeing that he was in earnest, the reporters gave way, forming a small circle around me and my friends.

"It's all right if you want to ask me questions," I said. "Just don't push me."

"Give us some room god damn it!" Barney shouted at them.

The big, black Hercules strode forward like a colossus, forcing the startled news people to fall back even further.

Suddenly, there was a tapping sound coming from the bench. Someone was hitting the gavel. It was the judge.

"This is still a court of law!" he said weakly.

He had resumed his seat at the bench but it was evident that he was physically exhausted.

Several policemen now entered from the rear door. At first repulsed by the great quantities of sperm that clung to walls and furniture alike, they made their way around the room to aid their fallen allies. One of them approached me.

"I want you and your friends to remain here," he said to me. "We're preparing to escort you out as soon as we get some backup."

"Do you think the people want to hurt her?" Stephan asked.

"It's not the people," the policeman replied. "It's the politicians."

In the space of several minutes my colleagues and I fielded what must have been a hundred questions, most of them concerned with the drug rather than my own precarious fate. The reporters behaved themselves for the most part and respected our space, no doubt in great part to Barney's threatening glances. John, Jeffrey, and Stuart provided us with an effective frontal shield, while Craig, Adam, and Stephan protected our flanks. At one point, when one woman decided that she could no longer wait to have her question answered, she insinuated herself between Maria and Cheryl, only to find herself confronted with Lynette's stern countenance.

"You gotta wait just like the rest of them," Lynette said, shoving the impatient woman back.

"And don't try it again!" Cheryl further warned.

The policeman approached me once more.

"We're having a paddy wagon sent in. Should be here in about ten minutes."

"What's happening out there?" I asked.

"A lot of people are hurt. Some cops too." He surveyed the room quickly. "Your drug caused all this?"

I nodded.

"Jesus Christ," he replied, shaking his head as he walked away.

All around me the victims of EJAX-472 were being attended to by the police or by other concerned individuals. Ms. Stedman had several of St. Bridget's girls aid in cleaning up the officers who had just recently supplied the young women with a masturbatory show par excellence. Even Bridget had volunteered to lend a helping hand, hoping that this show of cooperation would somehow reinstate her at school. She would soon discover that she was wrong.

Dr. Hagstrom had assisted Richter in putting his pants back on and then helped him into a chair. He smiled at her and thanked her profusely for her kindness. She and a few other people then helped Endland get his bearings. Gustafson was tended to by a couple of court officers. He looked completely drained and in a state of shock. Dr. Hagstrom told me later that Richter had felt like he had been released from the grip of an insane demon once the drug had finally been eradicated from his body.

The sound of the gavel being struck got everyone's attention.

"Dr. Swensen!" the judge said. "Please approach the bench!"

With Barney and the rest of the men acting like my bodyguards, we cut a swath through the news people and slowly made our way toward the judge. The reporters fell aside like so much driftwood in the wake of a passing ship, Barney's great physique acting like a prow upon the water.

"I want all you reporters to keep your distance," the judge said sternly. "Anyone of you who attempts to flaunt the authority of this court will be charged with contempt."

He turned to Gustafson.

"Are you sufficiently coherent to take part in what's left of these proceedings Mr. Gustafson?"

The prosecutor rose from his chair, sperm still clinging to his clothes.

"I am, your honor," he replied, with a newfound humility.

"Very well. And you Counselor," he said, looking at Stephan, who was now standing alongside of me. "Are you prepared to hear my judgment?"

"I am quite prepared your honor."

Judge Carlsdotter adjusted his glasses and looked down upon a pad of paper in which he had scribbled some notes taken during the hearing. In a few moments he lifted his head and cleared his throat.

"Dr. Swensen," he began. "Having had first-hand experience of the effects of EJAX-472, I am now ready to render my decision in regards to this case."

A policeman came walking up behind me.

"Your honor," he said. "The Chief wants you to know that the wagon will be here in a few minutes."

"What's the situation out there?"

"So far we've managed to contain the crowds, but I wouldn't linger too long."

"Is there any danger of the crowds getting through?"

"No, sir," not at this point. But that could change," the officer replied, and then made for the rear door.

"Doctor," the judge said to me. "Do you have a cure for this problem? Please tell me that you do."

"Yes, your honor. I have synthesized a new version of the drug that corrects for the involuntary ejaculation response."

The judge heaved a sigh of relief. "Where is this remedy?"

"At the University sir," I replied. "I transferred all my work there before the fire destroyed my Clinic."

"That's wonderful news. I want you to waste no time in getting all the men afflicted with this problem, treated—myself included. How soon can it be done?"

"If I can get to the University now, I can have the drug replicated by tomorrow afternoon, and treatment can be administered at any time thereafter."

"Splendid. I will have the officers take you there shortly. Now I should like to render my judgment."

The judge sat up straight and adjusted his robe, looking more grandiloquent than ever. But in his voice there was a marked contrast to the formal attitude he had conveyed earlier.

"Christiana, if I may call you that."

"Certainly, your honor," I said, a little surprised at his attempt at familiarity.

"I have listened to both sides of the argument concerning EJAX-472 presented to me by the defense and the prosecution, and have carefully weighed the evidence and the supporting testimonies thereof. It seems to me that what you have created here is nothing less than a very dangerous drug, which if used unscrupulously, could result in all kinds of problems, as we have witnessed here today. I, and some members of the legal system, including our law enforcement officials, are all guilty of acting immorally and irresponsibly in regards to this drug, having been seduced by its power. However, I am now prepared to admit my own culpability in this matter and will surrender myself to whatever charges that await me.

"Mr. Gustafson and Mr. Ambrose have both presented their cases with great intelligence and skill, but the truth of the matter is that what benefits EJAX-472 gives with one hand, it takes with the other, as each man's reproductive systems appears to react in a different way. This fact, in itself, makes the drug too unstable for use in its present form and I must ban its use under such conditions.

"On the other hand, what you have accomplished with EJAX-472 is truly miraculous. It has given new hope to men who would otherwise never be able to engage in normal sexual relations. It has reversed the curse of both impotence and premature ejaculation, and has seemingly reduced or eradicated many of the diseases associated with the male reproductive system. That you and your colleagues have done this is one of the most astounding medical marvels of this century, and I congratulate you. Now, if the drug in its new and present form can alleviate the symptoms of the involuntary ejaculation response, as you have said, then I am willing to dismiss this case and give you permission to continue with your experiments until which time the drug has been perfected and made ready for human consumption."

I was overwhelmed by his speech, and it took me a few moments to realize that he was giving me the green light to go ahead with my research. I looked around me and saw a sea of smiling faces.

"Thank you, your honor," I said. "You are most gracious."

"No, my dear," he replied. "It is you who are gracious—and kind. This hearing is dismissed."

Bonnie rushed over to me and gave me a big hug.

"This is great sis! This is great! Maybe there is hope for my stupid husband now after all!"

She looked at Philip, who was, despite her insult, happy for me too.

"Congratulations Christiana," he said. "I'm sorry for everything. I hope in time that you can forgive me."

I was so overjoyed that I could not find it in my heart to feel anything but sympathy for the poor, deluded man.

"You just take care of Bonnie okay?" I said smiling.

"I will Chris. I will. I promise."

Rebecca was next to congratulate me.

"We're on our way baby!" she said throwing her arms around me.

The others milled around me, sharing in my victory. Michelle was so overcome with happiness that she started crying.

"What a strain all this has been, Chris," she said wiping her eyes. "I can't tell you how glad I am that it's over. I'm so proud of you!"

"Of course you are," Jennifer said. "We're all proud of our famous doctor!"

"I thought they were going to hang you there for a minute," Sheila said to me. "I can't wait to get back to the lab."

Maria kissed me on the cheek. "Let me know when you need me to come back to work boss," she said cheerfully. "I wish the Clinic was still there."

"The Clinic can be rebuilt," I said. "But a good friend can never be replaced."

"That's true. That's true," Lynette said, poking her head between us. "If I were you doctor Swensen, I wouldn't hang around here too long. I just took a look outside and that crowd is getting out of hand. I'm afraid they're gonna find a way to get in here."

"Thanks Lynette. We'll be leaving in a few minutes."

Just then Gustafson walked over to me. He seemed rather quiet and he actually cracked a smile.

"Good luck Dr. Swensen," he said shaking my hand.

"She don't need no luck Mr. Gustafson," Barney said, sauntering up to me with a big smile. "She's got Big Barney and his friends to help her out."

Jeffrey, Stuart, John, and Adam cheered as he picked me up in his arms and gave me a big kiss.

As soon as he put me down, Priscilla, Ann, and Denise came over to me to wish me luck. Craig and Cheryl were standing right behind them.

"Dr. Swensen," Cheryl said. "This is the best thing that could happen. I'm so very happy for you!"

"Me too!" Craig said, grinning ear to ear.

"I, too, am very happy for you my dear Christiana," said Dr. Hagstrom, who although not smiling, seemed nonetheless earnest in her compliment.

I noticed that Ms. Stedman was chatting with her students and some of the officers. She looked my way and waved to me, shouting her congratulations from afar. Some of the other girls did the same, but Bridget and Helga seemed indifferent. I was glad that the dean decided to keep them away from my group, especially because of the bad feelings between John and his former students. The reporters respectfully kept their distance in accordance with Judge Carlsdotter's request. Now that I had given them their interview they seemed appeased and stood there taking in the whole scene with equanimity.

Stephan was standing off to one side, waiting patiently for a chance to get past my friends. Bonnie saw this as an opportunity to brings us together and quickly grabbed him by the arm.

"Look what I have for you!" she said, presenting him to me.

He stood there with a silly grin on his face.

"And what have you got to say Counselor?" I asked.

He didn't say anything. He simply took my face in his hands and gave me a passionate kiss. Everyone cheered. Everyone that is, except one person.

As Stephan opened his eyes, he looked beyond me toward the center of the courtroom. I saw other people looking in the same direction and turned my head around to see what it was that had caught their attention.

The noise level in the room seemed to diminish rather quickly. Even the schoolgirls stopped their chatting. A few cameras continued to click, but that ended abruptly as the judge rose up from his seat in order to see what was going on.

People were whispering things to each other from the other side of the room, but my own friends remained quiet, content just to stare and wonder. My curiosity piqued, I walked out from between my friends to came face to face with the enigma.

"Who the hell is that?" Bonnie said.

Standing halfway between the reporters and me was the mysterious-looking woman in black that I had seen earlier. Her long, black dress covered most of her painfully thin body, and her black hat, with its black, lace veil, kept most of her face hidden. She was holding a small, black briefcase in her hands.

"Who are you miss?" the judge asked.

The woman looked at Dr. Hagstrom, who had now removed herself from the nucleus of the group and stood alone by herself near the witness stand. Without a word, the woman lifted her hat off her head, the black veil falling away from her face.

"Well you can just fuck me!" Bonnie exclaimed, as the woman's true identity was revealed.

"Do you know this woman?" the judge asked Bonnie.

"Unfortunately, yes, your honor. We've met before."

Her extremely unattractive face and the spindly hands that looked like claws became more defined as the woman took a few steps closer to me.

"You're surprised to see me aren't you?" she said.

"Yes, doctor Beechcroft, I am. What in heaven's name are you doing here?"

"To be honest, I wasn't going to attend, but my curiosity got the better of me."

Rebecca turned to the judge.

"Your honor," she said, "this woman is emotionally unstable. She came into the Clinic a few weeks ago and tried to disrupt our experiment. We were forced to throw her out."

Beechcroft smiled at the judge, ignoring the comment.

"Her name is Millicent Beechcroft, your honor," I said, explaining. "She is a doctor of bioengineering at Harvard University. Though I have serious doubt as to whether the school is aware that she is here."

"You are very perceptive doctor Swensen," Beechcroft replied. "The school has no idea that I am here. That is my own personal business and I don't answer to them."

"I advise you to kindly state your business miss," the judge said. "You see what's going on outside. We can't remain here much longer."

"I'll be happy to state my business sir," she replied, looking at Dr. Hagstrom.

Dr. Hagstrom hung her head down and refused to meet the other woman's gaze.

"Oh, come now Anna," Beechcroft said, in a voice laced with sweetness. "There's no reason to be ashamed. It's all out in the open now."

"What's all out in the open?" I demanded, looking back and forth at the two women.

"I'll tell you what's going on Chris," Bonnie said. "These two bitches have got it in for you."

I turned to Dr. Hagstrom. "Are you in league with this woman?"

She looked at me but didn't answer.

"Dr. Hagstrom," I repeated. "Answer me!"

She refused to reply.

"I told you sis," Bonnie exclaimed. "This 'scary Mary' here all dressed in black is a fucking head case. And this other one, this Dr. Hagstrom, is another lunatic. They want your friggin' research!"

"Dr. Hagstrom," Michelle said. "Please speak up. What's wrong with you?"

At this point the judge ordered two of the policemen over.

"Officers," he said. "I want to hear what this woman has to say. Kindly wait here."

The two officers positioned themselves by the bench and the judge ordered Beechcroft to make her point.

"I was afraid, Dr. Swensen, that you were going to go to jail, but I am glad to see that you are now free to pursue your research. But the fact of the matter is, that is now impossible."

"And why is that?" I replied, repulsed by her phony smile.

"All your research has been destroyed, that's why."

"The Clinic..."

"No, no," she interrupted, "I'm not talking about that. I'm referring to the work you left behind at the University. The samples and documents you left in Anna's care."

"What are you telling me?" I asked, fearfully.

"Do you want to tell them Anna, or should I?" Beechcroft asked.

Dr. Hagstrom made no reply.

"Okay, fine. I'll tell you. Everything you left at the University has been...obliterated. All of it. Nothing whatsoever remains."

Upon hearing this the judge fell into his chair and mumbled something that sounded like a curse.

I was stunned. "That can't be possible."

I turned to Dr. Hagstrom.

"Is what she's saying true? Is all my work gone?"

She looked up at me with a pitiful expression but said nothing. Rebecca walked over to her.

"You know I thought you were a decent person, but it seems I was wrong. How could you do this to us? Have you lost your mind?"

I was too shocked to speak, although everyone around me began to take that responsibility upon themselves. In a very short while, hostilities flared, and the two officers had to stand between Beechcroft, Dr. Hagstrom, and the rest of us. Bonnie flung a constant barrage of insults at the impassive Dr. Hagstrom, but reserved her most foul attacks for Beechcroft, who seemed to enjoy the discordant atmosphere she had inspired.

"Calm down everyone, please!" the judge said, striking his gavel on the bench.

Stephan approached Dr. Hagstrom and put his hands on her shoulders.

"You were entrusted with this vital research. How could you let this happen?"

Again, Dr. Hagstrom said nothing. But in her eyes I saw an expression of hatred directed at the skeletal woman in the black dress. I could only surmise that something in their premeditated plans had gone awry.

"I'll tell you why," Beechcroft answered. "She was jealous of Dr. Swensen. She told me so herself many times. Hers is the act of a vicious woman."

Michelle, Sheila, and Jennifer looked at their boss with disgust. Michelle, especially, had forged a close relationship with the woman, entrusting my precious life's work into her keeping, believing it would be safe and secure in the hands of her boss. It was a double letdown.

"I really can't believe this of you," she said. "I really can't. I've always known you were a bit eccentric, but this!"

"You see what jealousy can do?" Beechcroft said. It was said flatly, with almost no emotion.

"Have you anything to say about all this?" Stephan asked her. "Anything at all?"

Still the woman remained silent.

"What was your purpose in coming here?" I said to Beechcroft, finally finding my voice.

fmcchris
fmcchris
574 Followers