Elderly Bill's New Lady

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"They will later darling," Elizabeth said, squeezing his arm. "They would have had so much to do to get ready. Doesn't the lounge look amazing? Oh look, we can see our houses."

"Looks good in the estuary for fishing too," Bill smiled. "Yes, these upgrades will attract new members. This club is poised for a big leap forward."

The local Member of Parliament Isobel Manning was the speaker after the president's welcome. She was entertaining, describing how clubs were the backbone of social activity in her Electorate and how she played her best golf watching TV tournaments.

She was then asked to pull down the covering from over the honours board.

What he saw made Bill stiffen and Elizabeth gasped. A simple sign in gold on varnished wood over the honours boards stated: The Betty Soper Memorial Lounge.

Isobel looked at the big plaque and said, "This is a fitting tribute to Betty Soper as the interior of this entire lounge was fitted-out by a donation made on behalf of Betty. Betty was a delightful person. I knew her from the time she visited our home to take piano lessons from my mother. Betty and I became great friends until we went out separate ways when we graduated from high school. Thank you every one for listening to me. This is a great day for this golf club that I feel is posed for a big leap forward."

During the luncheon President Dan Watkins rang a bell.

"Ladies and gentlemen. You will be aware that our esteem patron Walter Gunson died early in the year. Please stand for a brief moment's silence in respect of Walter Gunson, a stalwart to this club for sixty-eight years."

"Thank you for that," Dan said. "Shortly after Walter's death your committee discussed approaching a successor as patron but we couldn't agree on anyone. Our wise committee secretary Pam Loft advised us to leave it in abeyance, that someone would step forward, and so that has come to be. It is my greatest pleasure to ask Bill Soper to stand.

Bill rose to acclamation.

"Sorry to drop this on to you without prior consultation buddy but the committee decided unanimously last night that I invite you at this opening function to assume the honorary post as this club's Patron."

"Thank you Dan, I accept this great honour," Bill said, and sat down to huge acclamation.

"Well, that satisfies me that I'm no longer a community reject," Bill said, kissing Elizabeth. Please marry me."

"Yes," she whispered.

A month later the course was closed from 11;00 am and at noon Bill and Elizabeth stood on the 18th green in front of a celebrant and were married, Bill's brother from Auckland being best man and Susan bridesmaid.

The lavish reception was held in the Betty Soper Memorial Lounge for the eight-two guests and the small wedding party.

* * *

Ahead of Elizabeth and Bill Soper lay eleven years of happy marriage despite living in their respective homes. It ended one morning after they caught the usual four snapper. Bill died in Betty's arms after collapsing, just after he began winching the boat up from the water.

THE END