Engineering Romance

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Paula had pestered Callum to see his home and was rather less than impressed when he took her there one evening after dinner but she did stay the night. After that whenever he suggested they stay the night at his home she always countered and said no, her apartment lacked spiders and dust.

Four days after Paula had left for her professional course Callum received an email from Peggy: 'Meet me at Molly's Irish Bar just after 6:00 on Friday.'

He thought aw, lovely Peggy thinking he'd be missing Paula. Peggy knew he and Paula went to a movie and on to dinner on Fridays. It never occurred to Callum that it would be in Peggy's mind to substitute for Paula as his movie and dinner companion plus to accompany him to bed. His mind was blocked to that possibility because Molly was married and she'd told him she and Paul had two children.

Callum arrived at the bar two minutes before Peggy did and was still waiting for his first drink. Peggy bounced in, kissed him and said she'd missed seeing him around their office. She wasted no time announcing her intention.

Peggy thrust out her chest at him. "What do you think? I'm wearing my bustier to impress you."

Callum blinked. "For me?"

"Yes, don't you remember? You said you liked my tits in that tight red dress I had been complaining about."

"Did I?" Callum stalled.

"Yes you did and don't deny it."

"Okay, guilty. I remember saying it and intended to say it. Is this just a friendly drink together or are you, um, wanting more?"

"I wondered about a movie and then perhaps a meal?"

"Oh yes, that sounds very acceptable. And then what?"

"Well, who knows? Let's wait and see. My husband is away fishing with buddies this weekend. He departed just after midday today."

"Well, that's being pretty blunt Peggy. I agree, let's wait and see."

The film was a light-hearted romance with some great comedy and they went on to a Thai Restaurant chosen by Peggy and the meal couldn't be faulted. As they prepared to leave Peggy said, "Well?"

"Seduction is on my mind."

"Excellent, your place or mine?"

"My accommodation is very basic. It would be the best choice if you wish not to be seen entering your home with a man who's not your husband."

"I agree. I'm paying for dinner."

"No Peggy I..."

"Be a gentleman and allow the lady to pay when she insists."

"Well thank you."

They entered the commercial penthouse.

Peggy looked a little uncertain. "Is this a joke?"

"I did warn you."

"You did, but... well I should remember my reason for coming here has nothing to do with complaining. So this is your office?"

"Yeah and I sleep behind that partition. It allows me to work late when required and just stagger into bed."

"Oh very convenient."

Callum told her how many people worked with him and she thought his office lady was worth her weight in gold when Callum told her she regularly earned as much in commission from bringing in new work as she did for being paid as office manager.

Then entered the sleeping compartment.

Peggy surprised him when she looked around and said, "Minimalism at it's best; it's really perfect as a bachelor's pad."

"There might be dust and spiders."

"Who cares? I've had plenty of wine to help me from bad thoughts. This is the first time I've been unfaithful to Paul."

"There is no pressure on you to proceed."

"Thank you. But you don't intend attempting to talk me our of it?"

"No, adultery is part of life so I feel beholden to make my contribution. It's also the first time of ultimate naughtiness for me."

Peggy three her head back and laughed. "I feel beholden. Oh dear." And that's when Callum kissed her throat and from then on Peggy was all over him.

They fucked and it was all over rather too quickly. But then Peggy licked and stroked much of his body as if worshipping the body of a younger man. He was muscular and from what Peggy had once told him her husband was five years her senior and was 'slothful', liking nothing better than relaxing with a beer. So Callum lay patiently, allowing her to play around although he was ready to enter her again.

Early next morning Callum parked at the start of her street and said to Peggy that was truly a night to remember.

"For me too darling," she said, kissing him open-mouthed. "But only a memory it will have to be. I'm not thinking of going beyond one night of madness as a novice adulteress as I owe it to my husband and children to keep the family together. They'd reject me if they found out. The kids are both away at college but they still want family."

"Well, you'll be a great loss to me and the other adulterers that may have crossed your path Peggy. You almost fucked me legless and it was great to see your joy."

"Well until last night and this morning really athletic sex had gone from my life. Thank you for treating me so well. If I ever do break out again -- as who knows when moments of madness will come -- it won't be you darling. I could easily give me heart to you."

Callum kissed her deeply and they parted. Thanks to her little speech he didn't feel evil and he grinned watching her sway her ass excessively as she walked away from him, not looking back. That second fuck last night probably rated as the best fuck he'd ever had.

* * *

Paula called next evening at 6:00. "Hi, you didn't answer your phone last evening when I called."

"Yeah, someone asked me out for dinner. But I got your message. Thanks."

"I'm glad you are socializing," Paula said lightly. "It's all work and a little play here. Everything is going well."

She made kissing noises when ending the call, and Callum answered with kisses.

* * *

Paula slid her phone shut thoughtfully. The person who'd gone to dinner with Callum would have been female. Had it been male he would have named the person. Well he was free to associate with other women when left alone and he'd be stupid to confess to her, knowing it could upset her and take her mind off her studies.

Paula mused and she pictured Callum's bare ass plunging into a woman. She saw only the vague shape of a nude woman and then Peggy's face flicked across that scene and it all vaporized.

Peggy? No Callum would not be interested in a woman seven years his senior and anyway Peggy was married with children. She went off to dinner smiling, thinking she bet Peggy would love to fuck a good-looking younger guy like Callum. She could call Peggy and suggest it? No there was no need to do anything more to encourage Callum to play while the cat was away.

After dinner, with a half-hour left before lectures resumed, Paula went for a walk. She thought Callum had been really good for her, dragging her out of her rut. She never had been able to admit previously that she really liked sex, but he'd taken her beyond that barrier. He was so good at it and made her feel like a... like... a... well like a woman.

When Callum moved on Paula knew she'd weep. He would be such a loss. She worried about that, not wanting him to dump her or more likely his style would be to just drift out of her life. Drift or dump, the result was the same. One was just a more pleasant way of going it. But why allow him to go?

Turning back to the live-in teaching facility, Paula thought apply charm, wit and pressure darling so he won't want to go. She race back to her room to her phone and looked up the directory for a 24-hour florist.

* * *

Callum arrived at the office after putting his SUV in for servicing to find Valerie grinning at him displaying her poor dental work. She bent down and pulled up a huge bouquet of flowers.

"These cost big bucks," she grinned. "Some woman feels she owes you plenty. What have you been doing you naughty man?"

Callum laughed as insisted he was celibate and everyone in the office laughed, finding that claim beyond belief.

Valerie handed Callum the card. The message was short: "I miss you."

Oh god, Callum groaned inwardly. Peggy's had a rethink and now will give me trouble.

Reaching for his phone to call her he flicked over the card and saw the florist was located in the city where Paula had gone to study.

"Jesus."

"What is it Callum."

"These flowers are from Paula."

"Of course they were from your new girlfriend. Who else would be silly enough to send your flowers or have you been a naughty boy Callum?" said Valerie, sweeping back her auburn hair, ready to dig deep into the boss's personal life.

"Um no. I thought they must have come from an old flame."

"Well old flames burn out, rather quickly based on my own experience. You haven't talked much about this...?"

"Paula."

"You haven't talked much about this Paula and that suggests to me at last you have found a woman to be serious about."

"Well she's okay."

"Only okay? Then you ought to dump her and continue the search."

Resisting the inclination to scratch his nuts, Callum wrinkled his forehead and said, "Search?"

Valerie pressed on gleefully, Callum making her day. "Yes you dope. You were put on this earth to mate and you have been programmed to choose your women selectively. Tell me about this Paula. What is it you like about her?"

"She's um pleasant."

"She's pleasant? God Callum, do you only look between a woman's legs? What about her values, her personality, her outlook on life, her apparent mothering qualities and..."

"Valerie, I'm sure you are right. But you and the guys gawking at me are not working and I need to make some calls. But thank you for your interest. It has been useful to me."

"Thank you Callum. Just remember I have an interest in mothering you."

"I have a mother."

"Yes, but she doesn't live in this city."

"Thank you Valerie."

"You guys get back to work," Valerie said. "And leave Callum to sort out his matrimonial problems. If he wants advice he comes to me."

Late morning Valerie called, "Line two Boss. It's Gavin Webster of Webster Construction."

Callum picked up the phone and looked at Valerie who'd been Valerie Webster before her marriage. Gavin was her uncle. She winked at Callum.

Almost an hour later Gavin put down the phone. He made a quick call and then called, "Staff meeting, everyone over here."

"Well guys Gavin Webster has noticed each time he uses us as consultants our work passes through Council more smoothly than any other consultancy he uses. A certain motor mouth employed in this office was at his place for dinner last evening and suggested he ought to use us on a proper job. He's engaging us as consulting engineers on a bid to win an estimated $22 million contract to rebuild the accident and emergency center at Rosehill Hospital. As he was the successful contractor to build the last two extensions at the hospital he's assuming he's already won this contract. Our fees on this one are likely to touch $2 million. I reckon we'll need to hire one more engineer to release you to work on-site Charlie and that's it."

During discussion a florist's delivery girl rushed in and announced, "Urgent delivery for someone called 'Motor Mouth'"

Beaming, Valerie walked up to receive the biggest bunch of flowers she'd ever seen. "Thank you Boss. This sheaf is four times larger than the flowers Paula sent you and we haven't won the contract yet."

"That's true. But we've won a committed client."

"Will my normal finder's fee apply?"

"Yes, 0.75% of gross fees received."

"Right everyone," Valerie grinned. "Today we go out to lunch and it's on me."

"But Webster's haven't won the contract yet," Steven cautioned but was told by the smirking Valerie that would the hospital admin look beyond Webster's whose work on the new clinical services wing three years ago had won dual national awards for excellence in construction and excellence in construction management.

* * *

Paula's frowned when she saw Callum waiting for her at the airport, neatly dressed in a new polo above the familiar jeans. Didn't he own a suit? Well at least a jacket if wearing a suit to welcome her home was a little over the top. Whatever he wore he was still Callum wasn't he?

She waved; he spotted her and grinned, flipping Paula's heart. God yes, she really was in love with him. But he would have had other women while she was away; she now had competition. She told herself to remain calm.

"Oh hi, it's so lovely to see you again."

He didn't reply but at least he grabbed and kissed her. He then stared at her and finally, "I've really missed you. I can't remember ever missing anyone like this."

"Oh darling."

He frowned. "That's the first time you've called me darling to me face."

"Well yes but that's okay isn't it?"

"I suppose so but I wasn't expecting it."

"Oh."

"Did you meet a guy on the course?"

Christ he wasn't supposed to ask that, Paula fumed, coming close to panicking. She'd planned to bring it out slowly, not to scare or alarm him but simply to make him think and perhaps commit.

"Yes."

"Well?"

"Well what?"

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"What here?"

"Not unless there's a better place."

"Well let's have coffee."

Paula said it began quietly and she suspected nothing till three nights ago when Harry knocked on her door and asked if she wanted to go out for coffee. She said no and he looked so disappointed that she asked him in for coffee. Two hours later they were doing it on top of the bed.

"Oh yeah?"

"Yes, and I make no excuses. It had been all work and no play and you seemed ambivalent about me. Also I was lonely."

"Is that so?"

"I'm capable of knowing when I'm lonely."

"I was commenting on your comment I appear ambivalent about my relationship with you. Aren't you aware I was allowing you to grow and flower, to really re-connect to who you really are."

"No," Paula almost whimpered, feeling a little stunned.

"Well I'd thought it best not to talk about it, to keep you relaxed so the repair work would manifest."

"Repair work would manifest?"

"With my help to rekindle your soul, um your feeling of being."

"God, you are so obtuse at times. But I can see what you are getting at."

Callum tugged an ear lobe. "You may be interested to know I'm not angry you fucked a guy. We had an agreement going on that."

"I didn't fuck him. He... oh what am I saying?"

Callum said it didn't matter. He suggested she talk to her friend Peggy. "She has seen change in you since I entered your life."

"Peggy, how do you know that? Was she the woman you slept with?"

When Callum stared at her, not replying, Paula breathed, "God Callum, she's married with two children."

Callum intoned that Peggy had told him that before Paula went on the course. They had sat at the same table during lunch. "She told me because you had come out of your shell you were in line for big promotion and management was sending you on that course."

Paula had taken a lock of her dark brown hair and was chewing it, something she tended to do when under stress.

"In fact that was two days before you told me about the course. I'll add I'm elated you allowed that guy to fuck you. It tells me you are confident you are a whole woman again, even if you're not fully aware of that, and you were thinking and doing what many women your age on the loose would do if the opportunity arose. It's perfectly natural."

"Oh Callum," Paula said, beginning to weep. He reached across and squeezed her hand.

"No harm has been done and perhaps you are further enlightened. I think it's best I drop you off outside your apartment and will call you later about Friday evening."

* * *

Paula awoke next morning feeling very happy, all doubts dissolved. Later she arranged to take Peggy out to lunch.

The both choose fish dishes and shared.

"Callum mentioned you believe I'm in line for promotion. All I was told was the course would benefit me in future roles in the company."

"You're almost certain to be our next financial controller."

"Oh god. Are you sure?"

"My antenna indicates the decision has been made but I haven't seen or heard anything to confirm that. You must have wondered why were you sent to that course so urgently?"

"Well yes and I admit being surprised. Look, we are friends right?"

"Yes of course darling. I love having a younger friend."

"While I was away did you have sex with Callum? He said he had one naughty night while I was away."

"And you suspect it was me?" Peggy said coolly, and sipped her wine. "So this is what this lunch is about?"

"No, the real purpose is to find out what change you have noticed in me since Callum came into my life."

"Ah, Callum suggesting that gives reason for suspecting he and I have romped."

Paula laughed and said what a marvelous expression. Well?"

"What has Callum suggested?"

"Oh he played it coy. He would not confirm or deny."

"Excellent thinking Callum. I too can neither confirm nor deny."

Paula smiled looking at Peggy over her wine glass. "I wish I had been there as a hidden observer. I bet you would have given him a good run for his money."

"Oh he pays for it does he?" Peggy giggled, and leaning over and taking Paula's hand said, "You are blossoming beautifully darling. Now ask me what you want to know."

"Callum claims to have been working on me, I mean to get me out of the hole I had dug for myself."

"And you weren't aware of that happening?"

"No, not really but towards the end I knew things were happening."

Peggy then detailed what she'd observed.

* * *

Paula received a call from Peggy less than five minutes after resuming work.

"Powder your nose darling. The boss wishes to see you and Stan Whitehouse is in there with him. This is it."

Twenty minutes later Paula emerged from the meeting. She said to Peggy, "I've been asked to keep it confidential but it's what you said would happen."

"Congratulation darling. Stan will now know you will be his successor a director of finance."

Back at her desk Paula called Callum. "Hi darling."

"Ah that's more like my Paula. You can be such a sweetheart."

"Thank you. I had lunch with Peggy. She used difference expressions but it followed closely what you had claimed and she also asked wasn't I aware it was happening."

"It's no big deal but I'm glad you have independent confirmation. I didn't press her to tell you or to even request her to do so."

"I know and I lost my cool a bit at the airport. Sorry. I had planned to mention my affair during a quiet moment, not in an airport terminal."

"Sorry. You said affair. So he's married?"

"Oh god. I have no idea. Aren't I such a slut?"

"You're a fine woman darling. Don't give yourself assumed tabs."

Paula gasped. "You just called me darling?"

"Confirmed and it wasn't a slip. What about Friday?"

"Peggy has given me the key to their cabin in the woods. We are free to spend the weekend there."

"Oh, what can we do in the woods all alone?"

"Are you crazy?"

"No, I guess you'll think of something. Where is the location?"

Paula told him and Callum said that was great. "We can divert on the way home and have Sunday lunch with my parents."

"Well okay."

"Good, I feel obliged to introduce you to mom as part of the build up to proposing marriage. It's what a right thinking guy should do, isn't it? Check it out with my parents, especial mom and your parents, especially your dad?"

"Marriage?" Paula squeaked.

"Yes but I must let you get back to work. This conversation is in your employer's time. Let's go somewhere for a drink after work. You'd like that wouldn't you?

"Drink?" Paula squeaked, still in shock, chewing a strand of hair.

THE END

12